Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Jim

London, UK

#20719 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> A thought by itself No, a physical action brought on by thought Yes :)
Thoughts are matter. Tough to educate a dumb creationist.
Jim

London, UK

#20720 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> What is a thought ? Nothing compared to a belief
(confidence; faith and trust ) I suggest DonPanic that when you interpret, Do not just interpret the words as singular ! learn how we overall relate to sentences ! Our Nuances ! its getting confusing :)
Creationist liars like you love to change the topic to philosophy, when you're cornered for having no evidence of god and no evidence against evolution.

This is because in a philosophical argument, nobody wins, because the premise is bulls*t.

In a factual argument - you've already lost - no evidence to back up anything you are saying / claiming and plenty against.

Also no evidence against the fact of Evolution, a reality which you are denying because you suffer from the mental illness of faith.

Can you at least admit that your cult has had no evidence of god since the beginning of recorded history?

This is a good first step to becoming an honest citizen instead of an ignorant & frustrated bitter creationist troll.
Jim

London, UK

#20721 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> That was Good Jim, Two statements and there both wrong :)
All you can say is "this is wrong, that is wrong", but like the gutless coward you are, you can't explain why.

You can't do this because you don't have any evidence to your name. Its easy to see that you are just a simple minded troll here to interfere in the forum.

When you are brave enough to present some evidence for the stupidity you call a religion, you are welcome to present it.

until then, you're to be regarded as a liar and nothing more.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#20722 Jan 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I know a lot about the Fibonacci sequence. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it.
The Fibonacci sequence provides more evidence that nature did not need to be designed. It's just the simplest way for spirals to grow, number of petals on a flower, etc, etc.
<quoted text>
Ah you got your knowledge from Wikipedia didn't you ! LOL ! Try looking a bit deeper than that !
trandiode

#20723 Jan 31, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist liars like you love to change the topic to philosophy, when you're cornered for having no evidence of god and no evidence against evolution.
This is because in a philosophical argument, nobody wins, because the premise is bulls*t.
In a factual argument - you've already lost - no evidence to back up anything you are saying / claiming and plenty against.
Also no evidence against the fact of Evolution, a reality which you are denying because you suffer from the mental illness of faith.
Can you at least admit that your cult has had no evidence of god since the beginning of recorded history?
This is a good first step to becoming an honest citizen instead of an ignorant & frustrated bitter creationist troll.
Impressive Jim ^ out of ^ statements wrong this time :)
Jim

London, UK

#20724 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Ah you got your knowledge from Wikipedia didn't you ! LOL ! Try looking a bit deeper than that !
Says the idiot who does no research and can't prove a word he vomits from his vile creationist mouth.
trandiode

#20725 Jan 31, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
All you can say is "this is wrong, that is wrong", but like the gutless coward you are, you can't explain why.
You can't do this because you don't have any evidence to your name. Its easy to see that you are just a simple minded troll here to interfere in the forum.
When you are brave enough to present some evidence for the stupidity you call a religion, you are welcome to present it.
until then, you're to be regarded as a liar and nothing more.
Do you know what a liar is ? Do you know what the meaning of the word Liar is ? I suggest you look it up ! Wikipedia will be ok for this one LOL
trandiode

#20726 Jan 31, 2014
I cannot believe how people who live their lives by a belief in science, Do not understand all the principals and meanings involved in any single theory that they put forth ! Its frustrating for me and it must be very embarrassing for them ! Nothing I have put forward so far has been debunked as yet ! Why? because there is no scientific evidence whatsoever to suggest there is no God, and there is much evidence to suggest that a God does in fact exist !

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20727 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I cannot believe how people who live their lives by a belief in science, Do not understand all the principals and meanings involved in any single theory that they put forth ! Its frustrating for me and it must be very embarrassing for them ! Nothing I have put forward so far has been debunked as yet ! Why? because there is no scientific evidence whatsoever to suggest there is no God, and there is much evidence to suggest that a God does in fact exist !
Prove there is a god.

If you do that, prove that the god in question is also the god you happen to worship.

If you do that, prove that all the thousands of other gods don't exist.

If you can't do those things, you're just embarrassing yourself.
rio

Bromley, UK

#20728 Jan 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is a god.
He didn't say that.

He said there is much evidence that a god exists.

Most people would agree to that ; atheists are a minority on the planet.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#20729 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
What is a thought ? Nothing compared to a belief
(confidence; faith and trust ) I suggest DonPanic that when you interpret, Do not just interpret the words as singular ! learn how we overall relate to sentences ! Our Nuances ! its getting confusing :)
As long a tought is defined as the act of thinking about or considering something, an idea or opinion, or a set of ideas about a particular subject, beliefs are included in thougt, being an opinion
So that your chatchating is quite senseless
And again your exclamation marks compulsion doesn't add any more sense to your sentences

Charlie's

#20730 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
He didn't say that.
Majority agreement do not transform an opinion into a truth

Charlie's

#20731 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
He didn't say that.
In french "evidence" means and undiscutable proof, so that english "evidence" is translated by "presomption" which is a discutable argument, and up to now, all trandiode so-called evidences are not convincing, further more I find him very clumsy, God doesn't deserve such a muddled lawyer.

Location hidden

#20732 Jan 31, 2014
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say that.
There is zero evidence that any god ever worshipped actually exists.

If you have proof, share it.

Charlie's

#20733 Jan 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
There is zero evidence that any god ever worshipped actually exists.
If you have proof, share it.
I'm not so affirmative as you are, anyways, should a creator God exist, that rises more questions than answers, as the gods defined by different religions seems too humanely conceived, to gegin with Bible's God who is supposed to be at image of man if a man at image of god is true.
There is fun to play with God. Example: If the Universe is the ensemble of all that exists, then God is an element of the Universe, therefore, he cannot have created the Universe.

Location hidden

#20734 Jan 31, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so affirmative as you are, anyways, should a creator God exist, that rises more questions than answers, as the gods defined by different religions seems too humanely conceived, to gegin with Bible's God who is supposed to be at image of man if a man at image of god is true.
There is fun to play with God. Example: If the Universe is the ensemble of all that exists, then God is an element of the Universe, therefore, he cannot have created the Universe.
What evidence is there that any god ever existed?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20735 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Typical Atheist, if they cannot completely answer a question satisfactorily they then use diversion to avoid the question altogether ! You failed, Good try though !:)
*LOL* typical theist failing miserable and thinking he has won something

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20736 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Ah you got your knowledge from Wikipedia didn't you ! LOL ! Try looking a bit deeper than that !
and you get your knowledge from conservapedia

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20737 Jan 31, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Terry - nice to see your avatar again.
]Hello, Ain't. I am here often, though I do far more reading than posting these days... but I do put my 2 cents in when the mood strikes.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20738 Jan 31, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You TerryL have no idea whatsoever on what you are talking about ! Two things that you clearly show are an inability to understand the written word and no idea whatsoever on what you are talking about !
I'll take your complete lack of an actual rebuttal as an admission that you have, at most, nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Into The Night 82,007
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 21 hr Science 2,206
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Sat Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web