Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20361 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>The Evidence surrounds you ! Darwin's theory of Evolution is a prime example ! According to the theory, Life evolves to adapt to the changes in its environment so it can survive ! That sounds like a Supreme Designer to me, to imbed into the genetic code of all living creatures a fail safe system for survival, that is NO Accident that was planned !!!!! Darwin was even more astounded and confused by Human Beings, Because we have evolved well past our basic needs of survival ! Our minds are such that we can embrace the Universe ! We are going way past survival into another realm that has nothing to do with survival or Evolution ! WHY ?
Evolution by natural selection is an incredibly simple process, basically what survives breeds, what doesn't doesn't.
So it's the trials of life that eliminates the least well adapted leaving the better adapted. No designer is required for something so simple.

Despite our large brain, a hundred thousand years ago there were very few people alive. It's only because someone invented farming that the human population has exploded. As we lack the teeth and claws to fight of predators our ancestors needed to make their own weapons and that requires hands and the brains to use them. So yes we did need to evolve a big brain.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#20362 Jan 25, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution by natural selection is an incredibly simple process, basically what survives breeds, what doesn't doesn't.
So it's the trials of life that eliminates the least well adapted leaving the better adapted. No designer is required for something so simple.
Despite our large brain, a hundred thousand years ago there were very few people alive. It's only because someone invented farming that the human population has exploded. As we lack the teeth and claws to fight of predators our ancestors needed to make their own weapons and that requires hands and the brains to use them. So yes we did need to evolve a big brain.
You really missed the point didn't you ! So where in all this that you have said, did you miss the point of us becoming that advanced well beyond just our basic needs to exist ? We are mapping out the universe ! Where does that feature in our basic needs to survive ? We have advanced technology so far advanced that I can speak to you from one side of the world to the other in a blink of an eye ! Where does that feature in our BASIC need to survive ? Darwin himself had a problem with human beings fitting in to his theory which he openly admitted ! So Einstein what makes it so simple for you !
trandiode

#20363 Jan 25, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not exactly that, individuals do not adapt, just the individuals of a specie who have the characteristics that fit with the environmental changes survive. That suppose that the specie has large genetic variability, otherwise the specie is submitted to extinction.
You really have no idea of what the Theory Of Evolution is all about do you ! So why bother even attempting to put forward your uninformed opinion at all and try to degrade those who do have some understanding ?
trandiode

#20364 Jan 25, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
As I think that thought or soul is the result of the neuronal and body activity, no body = no soul.
As I think that Universe = God, then Universe can be uncreated. It just is.
As I think that, after all, I had quite a good life, all Ii demand is a short painless death and return to dusty part of the Universe
DonPanic that what you have written above made sense to you ? If it did , then I feel very sorry for you !

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#20365 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
You really missed the point didn't you ! So where in all this that you have said, did you miss the point of us becoming that advanced well beyond just our basic needs to exist ? We are mapping out the universe ! Where does that feature in our basic needs to survive ? We have advanced technology so far advanced that I can speak to you from one side of the world to the other in a blink of an eye ! Where does that feature in our BASIC need to survive ? Darwin himself had a problem with human beings fitting in to his theory which he openly admitted ! So Einstein what makes it so simple for you !
For weak humans, survival in hostile jungles, savannahs and up to polar environments needs as much brain capacities and intelligence as Einstein to invent relativity, as I doubt Einstein, nor you could long survive in an amazonian green forest without local people help and know-how.
trandiode

#20366 Jan 25, 2014
Atheists want proof, But they fail to see what stares them in the face, Atheists use science to undermine a need for a God, But you use science to prove it opens the door for a God they will then ask you why you are using science to prove a God exists ! You then try using Philosophical argument and then they will attack the use of Philosophy on a scientific based problem ! Atheists are the ones who are walking blindly like sheep ! They don't even understand there own reasoning and the misguided scientific nonsense they spout of which they have not a clue on what the science is that they are using is all really about ! No wonder you are Atheists !!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20367 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>There is evidence and plenty of it, Its all related to the "Effects" That God has created by his being ! Science will determine a planet to be somewhere they cannot visually see by the effects that occur near to where they determine the planet to be ! And so theses same effects are the evidence of a God/Supreme Beings existence !
Such asÂ….?

You seem a little vague on the details.

Charlie's

#20368 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
DonPanic that what you have written above made sense to you ? If it did , then I feel very sorry for you !
To the christian heaven promising me to spent eternty at the right of God singing its words of praise or the musmim one spending eternity deflorating young virgins as I'm no rapist, I prefer proper death, if that doesn't disturb you

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20369 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Atheists want proof, But they fail to see what stares them in the face, Atheists use science to undermine a need for a God, But you use science to prove it opens the door for a God they will then ask you why you are using science to prove a God exists ! You then try using Philosophical argument and then they will attack the use of Philosophy on a scientific based problem ! Atheists are the ones who are walking blindly like sheep ! They don't even understand there own reasoning and the misguided scientific nonsense they spout of which they have not a clue on what the science is that they are using is all really about ! No wonder you are Atheists !!!
Again, any time you're ready to get specific about this proof you keep talking about...

Charlie's

#20370 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I'm agnostic because If God is the "intelligent designer", I've got lot of complains about many of his creatures, to begin with the deseases bearing mosquitoes, some virus and bacterias wich are, imho, not such good or too well designed to torment men

Charlie's

#20371 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
You need God to explain why there is a mountain over there while I try convection and plates tectonic
You need God to explain why that moutain is so splendid while I recommand to take your portable phone and warm dresses because it can be deadly dangerous
and you have not completely assimilated darwinism as you pretend your opponent hes not understood what science is
you have not understood that we are in logical reasonments which are uncompatible, not having the same postulates
therefore, please, allow me to stay an agnostic and to cast the doubts I want about the existence of God
Thinking

Aberdeen, UK

#20372 Jan 25, 2014
I'll certainly criticise the Dalai Lama for his homophobic views. Mind you, most homophobes are believers.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to annoy you that some people believe in God, or in a god, or in the probability of a god, etc...
Can't you just live and let live, or do you try to have the last word on everything?
How is Tibet lately?
Don't you criticise the Daila Lama?

Charlie's

#20373 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
(...)
Last, you argue on philosophy, in sciences philosophy wich is epistemology, any proposition should be discutable why you set exsitence of God as undiscutable

Location hidden

#20374 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> You really missed the point didn't you ! So where in all this that you have said, did you miss the point of us becoming that advanced well beyond just our basic needs to exist ? We are mapping out the universe ! Where does that feature in our basic needs to survive ? We have advanced technology so far advanced that I can speak to you from one side of the world to the other in a blink of an eye ! Where does that feature in our BASIC need to survive ? Darwin himself had a problem with human beings fitting in to his theory which he openly admitted ! So Einstein what makes it so simple for you !
Modern technology has allowed the worlds population to explode into the billions whilst still producing enough food to feed us all.
That's why our intelligence evolved, it allowed us to change the world around us.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#20375 Jan 25, 2014
ExcommunicateThis wrote:
Well, atheism is already the majority view amongst the population of the world in general, even if people go through the motions of religion just to fit in with others of their tribe.
fact, only around 1/7 of the world believe evolution and 1/7 of the world is atheist.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#20376 Jan 25, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern technology has allowed the worlds population to explode into the billions whilst still producing enough food to feed us all.
That's why our intelligence evolved, it allowed us to change the world around us.
#

There's a difference between bad science(evolution) and good science.

Location hidden

#20377 Jan 25, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
fact, only around 1/7 of the world believe evolution and 1/7 of the world is atheist.
Most people used to believe the world was flat and only a few educated people knew it was a sphere.
Isn't education wonderful!
Jim

London, UK

#20378 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Another pointless essay from the whining liars with no evidence of god.
Jim

London, UK

#20379 Jan 25, 2014
trandiode wrote:
The poor intelligence of the average Creationist has led many to seek psychological help for the illness they call a faith.
Jim

London, UK

#20380 Jan 25, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: Evolution is a fact and doesn't depend on how many people *believe* in it or not.

Fact: No religious person has evidence of god - they're all liars and they know it - no defence for this fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 13 min Subduction Zone 4,820
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Subduction Zone 85,535
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 19 hr ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Tue Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Mon Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web