Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,198

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20227 Jan 21, 2014
MUQ wrote:
PS:
And then rose St. Paul, the self claimed 13th Apostle of Jesus, who totally changed the simple teachings of Jesus, with his own philosophy and his own reason and his own logic and fooled the bulk of Christians to follow him and not Jesus.
Allah Knows Best
Allah knows best? Then why didn't he allow Christianity to flourish?

Christianity is a big problem for Islam because it simply shouldn't exist.

According to the Quran God went to a lot of trouble with Jesus.
He was born to a virgin 3:47(Why?)
He spoke as a baby 19:29/33.
He made clay birds and breathed life into them 5:110.
He healed the sick and raised the dead 5:110 (That's got to be worth more than just a few words).
And then he doesn't die on the cross? 4:157 (There's a whole story missing here).

Yet we are supposed to believe that just one man (St Paul) then corrupted the words of Jesus, created the biggest religion in the world and God couldn't or wouldn't stop him?
That's irrational!

All Jesus needed to do was write down or get a scribe to write down his message, give copies to his disciples and then no corruption could have occurred. But he didn't.(This is a problem for Christians as well.)

The Quran's story just reads like a bad fudge as your prophet tried and failed to fit Jesus into his version of theology.
Heartthrob

Jakarta, Indonesia

#20228 Jan 21, 2014
Religion will defeat Atheism ! People will realize that it is far more logical and instinctive to have something rather than nothing ! And believe me Atheism will give you absolutely nothing and take away everything that you could have been !
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#20229 Jan 21, 2014
Maybe there is a god that will reward non believers better than sycophants.

You can't disprove this.
Heartthrob wrote:
Religion will defeat Atheism ! People will realize that it is far more logical and instinctive to have something rather than nothing ! And believe me Atheism will give you absolutely nothing and take away everything that you could have been !

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#20230 Jan 21, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a big problem for Islam because it simply shouldn't exist.
According to the Quran God went to a lot of trouble with Jesus.
He was born to a virgin 3:47(Why?)
He spoke as a baby 19:29/33.
He made clay birds and breathed life into them 5:110.
He healed the sick and raised the dead 5:110 (That's got to be worth more than just a few words).
And then he doesn't die on the cross? 4:157 (There's a whole story missing here).
Yet we are supposed to believe that just one man (St Paul) then corrupted the words of Jesus, created the biggest religion in the world and God couldn't or wouldn't stop him?
That's irrational!
All Jesus needed to do was write down or get a scribe to write down his message, give copies to his disciples and then no corruption could have occurred. But he didn't.(This is a problem for Christians as well.)
The Quran's story just reads like a bad fudge as your prophet tried and failed to fit Jesus into his version of theology.
Let alone Jesus's death,MUQ couldn't even prove his existence.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#20231 Jan 21, 2014
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I have to sadly agree, one can only hope. Religion preys on the guilt, pain, and hoplessness of humanity. It demands indoctrination from birth, so as to continue and propagate it's parasitic hold on humanity. The good news is, that more and more people are leaving the myth behind. As people become better and better educated, they will eventually outgrow the infantile need for an invisible sky-gremlin, and will lose the fear that religion uses to keep the sheep in line. I may not see it in my lifetime, but I hope my children or at worst my grandchildren will one day see a world void of the plauge that is religion.
It's amazing how wise Thomas Jefferson really was:

This is an excerpt from a letter he wrote to then president John Adams:

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#20232 Jan 21, 2014
Jesus, theChrist, a criminal? NEVER. He came to include all earth in His Promises, to bring Equality to men and women, to let children be children, for women to be accepted and respected by men, not just some women, but all. Taxes? nobody likes them. Jesus called for JUSTICE and morality.Taxed money's needed to keep a society in tune and running. We might be TOO smart and believing we, humans, can do it all. Ha! how long will it take to do it ALL? Jesus IS with us always, we must answer by using what He gives us wisely, Justice and Equality and our feeble human minds to and for RESPECT.
jacktheladat1

Chesterfield, UK

#20233 Jan 21, 2014
Heartthrob wrote:
I'm a devout atheist, I came into this world with nothing, I'll leave this world with nothing. In between religion has offered me nothing.
Its only positive is that it manufactures very, very rich people who can live with their daily ignorance of their stupid portrayed image wearing silly hats. Atheism has given me the sense not to believe in sky gods, virgin births, pixies, elves, sock monsters, tooth and other fairies, walking on water, and like impossibilities. I wallow in the thought that the Sciences have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that, eventually, man as a race will one day mature, and shake-off his mantles religions have surely hog tied him in. I regret that I will not be a witness to that, though the knowledge is truly heartwarming.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#20234 Jan 21, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
Jesus, theChrist, a criminal? NEVER. He came to include all earth in His Promises, to bring Equality to men and women, to let children be children, for women to be accepted and respected by men, not just some women, but all. Taxes? nobody likes them. Jesus called for JUSTICE and morality.Taxed money's needed to keep a society in tune and running. We might be TOO smart and believing we, humans, can do it all. Ha! how long will it take to do it ALL? Jesus IS with us always, we must answer by using what He gives us wisely, Justice and Equality and our feeble human minds to and for RESPECT.
What?
Spider

Peterborough, UK

#20235 Jan 21, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
Sorry Luz,,, given this post I know exactly what you mean regarding feeble minds,,, are you serious ??????????

Hatch, NM

#20236 Jan 21, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Open your eyes and see

Location hidden

#20237 Jan 21, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>Open your eyes and see
My eyes were open and saw that you couldn't really form a coherent thought.

Was there more?

Hatch, NM

#20238 Jan 21, 2014
'Feeble minds', that' us, all right, as compared , if we even dare, to God Almighty. We have to be humble, we have to be thankful, we have to be TRUTHFUL. We just ain't got it. If we realize WHO Created all of us, all we are, all we have, all we have been before, and all we will ever be, all living, all life. WHO? find, admit, the TRUE answer so I can SEE that our human minds aren't so 'feeble'.

Location hidden

#20239 Jan 21, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
'Feeble minds', that' us, all right, as compared , if we even dare, to God Almighty. We have to be humble, we have to be thankful, we have to be TRUTHFUL. We just ain't got it. If we realize WHO Created all of us, all we are, all we have, all we have been before, and all we will ever be, all living, all life. WHO? find, admit, the TRUE answer so I can SEE that our human minds aren't so 'feeble'.
Okay, at this point, I'm just going to go with the theory that you must be high.

Frequently.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20240 Jan 21, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>

Allah is also wise and knowledgeable and every thing goes as per His plan. He tests people as to which of them uses their God given brains and try to discover truth and who "just follows" the ways of their society and forefathers.

The ways of truth and falsehood are present before every one and he has a free choice to accept either.

If Allah so wanted, every one on earth would be made an angel, then where would have been the test?

Allah Knows Best.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20243 Jan 21, 2014
CR wrote:
01. I am not a Christian and I do not believe Jesus was the son of God.

But I do believe he existed and that he was a great man with a great message which is why we are still talking about him after 2000 years.

02. However, if he wasn't a criminal then why was he sentenced to death? Because blasphemy was a crime. To say that he is the son of God and the King of the Jews was a crime. Claiming to be a King of any sort was a crime of treason against the Romans.

He was also a threat to the Jewish clergy because he spoke of the desecration of the Temple which will be destroyed brick by brick.

There was also the controversy over his attitude to taxes.

03. In his own time, Jesus was considered a criminal. Whether he was or not is unsure because the Bible is pro-Jesus.

I am not being offensive Muq, I revere Jesus as a teacher. But in my mind, he was a human man and therefore infallible
Ans.

Thank you very much for asking some good question on Jesus.

Let me provide brief replies to points you raised.

a. Status of Jesus:

You say that you believe that Jesus did exist and that he was neither God nor Son of God. You are very correct in this.

b. Was Jesus a "Criminal"?

1. You should know there are two type of crimes, one is the which shows moral turpitude and it involves crimes like stealing, lying, rapes, murders etc. Any one committing these acts is a criminal in normal sense of the word.

2. Another "crime" is when some one speaks against the vested interests of society and those who control it. In the eyes of these "vested interests" it is a crime of highest order for any one to speak against their interests. And they shall try to suppress that voice by any means.

3. Jesus as a true prophet of God had "duty" to tell the truth and expose these vested interest people. Every prophet of God and every reformer and almost every speaker of truth has to face the similar situation.

4. That is why these people became enemy of Jesus and tried to arrest him and get him convicted.

5. But before they could arrest him, God Almighty took Jesus up into heaven bodily. This is the truth about Jesus, one of the mightiest Prophet and Messenger from God Almighty.

6. The "classic" Christian position is that Jesus was arrested and tried and convicted in their "religious court" and the sentence was "confirmed" by the Roman Governor and then he was crucified and died on the cross.

Later St. Paul used that "alleged crucifixion" to create a New Religion.

PS:

I am not offended if you ask any question in civil language maintaining decency of debate / discussion.
Spider

Ely, UK

#20244 Jan 22, 2014
LuzAranda wrote:
I guess if your stoned all the time you will have imaginary friends.
Spider

Ely, UK

#20245 Jan 22, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah is also wise and knowledgeable and every thing goes as per His plan. He tests people as to which of them uses their God given brains and try to discover truth and who "just follows" the ways of their society and forefathers.
The ways of truth and falsehood are present before every one and he has a free choice to accept either.
If Allah so wanted, every one on earth would be made an angel, then where would have been the test?
Allah Knows Best.
If your god makes each and everyone of us, why can't he or she get it right ??? why the need for this so called test ???
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

#20246 Jan 22, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah Knows Best.
So Allah values the educated does he? Why didn't he tell the Taliban when they shot that little girl in the head for wanting to study.

I know you are talking about the 'true' message of Islam, but that doesn't mean shit when there are Fanatical Islamic freaks forcing schoolgirls back into a burning building because they weren't wearing their hijab.

I'm not even talking about terrorists. In my eyes they are fighting a war just like we are.

I'm talking about the fact that women can't drive in Saudi. That a female rape victim can be divorced for adultery under sharia law. That child brides aren't cherished and respected until they reach maturity.

If these freaks are doing wrong, then why don't the people (fair minded intelligent Muslims) stand up and oust these people from power.

If Allah exists, he will help your struggle against the oppressive regimes
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20247 Jan 22, 2014
Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god makes each and everyone of us, why can't he or she get it right ??? why the need for this so called test ???
Why the need for test?

You want to have all the enjoyment and fun without trying to earn it?

Yes every one would like to live like an angel and eat and drink and be merry and never have any sickness or fear and never have to face death.

Yes they will get all this provided they live their lives their Creator wants!!

Freeloaders would not get thru the test.

And it is the Freeloaders who hate any kind of test!!
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#20249 Jan 22, 2014
If allah needs to test then allah is not all knowing.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah Knows Best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 39 min _Bad Company 141
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 55 min woodtick57 2,410
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 1 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 1 hr thetruth 67
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr thetruth 142
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 232,879
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web