Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#20164 Jan 10, 2014
That's right dear. From the UK, I walked to 26 US states, Bhutan, Nepal, New Zealand, Chile and Africa and forty other non-European countries.

I was back for tea.
LuzAranda wrote:
Thinking where you live, train tkts cover 30 countries, you can walk to several others, swim the rest. That makes you, wow!, a world traveler

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20165 Jan 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
One day they would rue their decision, when they find the status of their countries....just wait.
So... what you're saying is you agree that people that don't believe exactly like you do should have their heads cut off??
CrimeaRiver

Wandsworth, UK

#20166 Jan 10, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
One day they would rue their decision, when they find the status of their countries....just wait.
Look at the Arab world now. Soveriegn Countries that are being annexed by the west for Oil and strategic military bases.

What is happening to the Arab world by the west is disgusting.

But do you know why the British and American public don't stand up for Muslims like they did for the Vietnamese. Its because of views like yours.

If Muslims were to shut up once in a while and let the real horrors of what is happening to them be known without radical clerics declaring Jihad on the british public, or crazed Imams asking for Sharia law in Britain, then the Britsh people would fight your cause for you.

The Brits are fairly politically savvy and aren't afraid to say when something is wrong. The British people showed their defiance when Iraq was initially attacked.... but nutjobs like Abu Hamza, poppy Burning weirdos and Anjem Choudhary ruin it for everyone else.

It makes me wonder if there is a reason these people get media coverage and are allowed to remain in the UK. Maybe their abbhorrence is what allows us to keep making ridiculous foreign policy in the Middle East
henry

Ilmenau, Germany

#20167 Jan 10, 2014
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, prior to your god creating the universe, what was the point or purpose of his , her or its existence ??
Just Forget all the thousands of mythic gods and work for the world of science. Therefore your life would be normal.
spider

King's Lynn, UK

#20168 Jan 10, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>So... what you're saying is you agree that people that don't believe exactly like you do should have their heads cut off??
That's what I understood his post to mean.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20169 Jan 10, 2014
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I understood his post to mean.
Yep.. although 1/2 the time I struggle to make heads-or-tail of the gibberish he posts
Jim

London, UK

#20170 Jan 10, 2014
Lnc wrote:
"A theist has the belief system(indoctrination) and whether it be Satanism, Paganism or one of the silly Abrahamic god-myths it all boils down to this simple truth. Before he got his indoctrination the theist was without theism, you know,... he was an atheist, like all people are before somebody tells them god lies." RP-:-)
A fairly common attack, a bit of warmed over Dawkins, but not express as well ..
Seems an attempt to express frustration at Not being in Control of all our lives. Thank God she is not in control :-)
Atheists, Agnostics, Christians, Jews and Muslims most often learn from each other in peace and tranquility. Peace
We're not sure why you keep spamming the forum, but you are definitely a Creationist Cult Member who knows that they are lying.
Jim

London, UK

#20171 Jan 10, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow is another day and maybe some of this can be rewritten
with a bit of charity toward those who do Not share
the authors fantasies regarding inflicted hemorrhoid.:-0
Standard buybull rant as expected. Always amusing to read.
Failed Creationist kicked out for being too Creationist.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20172 Jan 10, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>So... what you're saying is you agree that people that don't believe exactly like you do should have their heads cut off??
I did not say that, it is your own interpretation.

It is state's duty also to monitor the moral standards of its people.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#20173 Jan 10, 2014
when is all this chatter going to end? 2038? right now I'm scared about those suppositions that there are other universes more or less as in the Algebra world and that our own universe is FLAT. Now where have I heard that story before? Stop the world I want to really get OFF.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#20174 Jan 10, 2014
and, NO, I'm not really going kookoo just because the top posting is repeated.
Jim

London, UK

#20175 Jan 10, 2014
Lnc wrote:
"A theist has the belief system(indoctrination) and whether it be Satanism, Paganism or one of the silly Abrahamic god-myths it all boils down to this simple truth. Before he got his indoctrination the theist was without theism, you know,... he was an atheist, like all people are before somebody tells them god lies." RP-:-)
A fairly common attack, a bit of warmed over Dawkins, but not express as well ..
Seems an attempt to express frustration at Not being in Control of all our lives. Thank God she is not in control :-)
Atheists, Agnostics, Christians, Jews and Muslims most often learn from each other in peace and tranquility. Peace
Creationist Cult Member says "fairly common attack" but then glaringly offers no "fairly common rebuttal".

Shady people these Creationist liars.
Jim

London, UK

#20176 Jan 10, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow is another day and maybe some of this can be rewritten
with a bit of charity toward those who do Not share
the authors fantasies regarding inflicted hemorrhoid.:-0
The Creationist liars strategy is always either one of:

1. Flat out denial (but no counter evidence)
2. Changing the subject or arguing off-topic.
3. Spamming the forum once they've embarassed themselves.
Jim

London, UK

#20177 Jan 10, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as amusing as you, a Creationist Cult Member referring to your own book as the "buybull".

Indicating that you have.
spider

Wilburton, UK

#20178 Jan 11, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that, it is your own interpretation.
It is state's duty also to monitor the moral standards of its people.
Within the realms of the English language it's difficult to interpret your post any other way.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#20179 Jan 11, 2014
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the realms of the English language it's difficult to interpret your post any other way.
May be you should restudy and improve your English
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#20180 Jan 11, 2014
Now that ......I have shown that there are enough flaws in scienctific theories to make more than enough space for a god to slip right on through ! And also now that I have won every debate I have had on this thread using pure logic and (believe it or not, Science itself !) I am wondering how you atheists can still maintain your belief system ? When you have no arguments and no science to back you up ! Your as void as your beliefs :)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#20181 Jan 11, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Now that ......I have shown that there are enough flaws in scienctific theories to make more than enough space for a god to slip right on through ! And also now that I have won every debate I have had on this thread using pure logic and (believe it or not, Science itself !) I am wondering how you atheists can still maintain your belief system ? When you have no arguments and no science to back you up ! Your as void as your beliefs :)
You have definitely proven that you are best at lying.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#20182 Jan 11, 2014
trandiode wrote:
When did you refute Evolution and Big Bang convincingly on this thread?Would you recapitulate your arguments that supposedly made you win this debate?Self-approval doesn't count as victory

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#20183 Jan 12, 2014
trandiode wrote:
.... system?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 16 min Shizle 10,634
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min Paul Porter1 20,497
Is the Christian god good? 1 hr Shizle 3
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 244,720
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! 3 hr Richardfs 18
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 5 hr Shizle 7
There is no meaning without God 7 hr Shizle 3
More from around the web