Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,931

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19939 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I cannot believe that some people really think, that existence was an accident and life was an accident and that the universe itself was born out from nothing ! It confounds me to the core ! That does not sound very scientific to me ! Wheres the logic and where is the proof ?
Okay…how did the universe come to be?
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#19940 Jan 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay…how did the universe come to be?
A Grand designer ( A GOD ) which is the next plausible and logical step before you can assume from nothing came everything without any real meaning or purpose whatsoever ! Everything in life has a purpose ! Does it not ? Everything that is in the universe has a purpose ! Does it not ?
Everything that exists is encased from the atom to the cells in your body to the gravity of the earth to the solar system to the galaxy to the universe ! Why does that all get ignored when science lives by these rules and tests them over and over again proving constants, Then throws it all out the door when it comes to the whole matter of creation and the meaning of life itself !

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19941 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> A Grand designer ( A GOD ) which is the next plausible and logical step before you can assume from nothing came everything without any real meaning or purpose whatsoever ! Everything in life has a purpose ! Does it not ? Everything that is in the universe has a purpose ! Does it not ?
Everything that exists is encased from the atom to the cells in your body to the gravity of the earth to the solar system to the galaxy to the universe ! Why does that all get ignored when science lives by these rules and tests them over and over again proving constants, Then throws it all out the door when it comes to the whole matter of creation and the meaning of life itself !
If it is, as you say, implausible that "from nothing came everything" where did this god come from?
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19942 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
When did I mention dark matter ? And when was I shot down in my theories ? I was Just proving that the Big Bang Theory is full of holes large enough for a God to get through . I do not intend to go through every step of the creation of the Universe right up until now ! Although if you are interested I am going to start putting holes in all the dating methods that have been used by science :)<quoted text>
Defeated Creationist Cult member who hasn't realised his time is up!

Peace.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19943 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> No You totally misinterpreted my first post ! If I should think to build a house to live in, Then would I live in it before I built it or before it was in a livable condition ? No, I would not ! That would be a plan made by an intelligent being ! Would it not ? What you are trying to do is manipulate my posts ! You are not winning anything, Its all in your own limited imagination ! P.S Stop reading scientific literature its out of your league of understanding !
No evidence of god and talking about philosophy? Must be a Creationist Cult Member.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19944 Jan 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is, as you say, implausible that "from nothing came everything" where did this god come from?
Its the classic religious twit who says everthing came from somewhere, but can't explain where god came from.

Tell us transdiode, you dishonest creationist toilet, where does cancer come from? Where does aids come from?

If it comes from your god lies, your delusions are wholly immoral and ignorant. Get your head checked.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#19945 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> A Grand designer ( A GOD ) which is the next plausible and logical step before you can assume from nothing came everything without any real meaning or purpose whatsoever ! Everything in life has a purpose ! Does it not ? Everything that is in the universe has a purpose ! Does it not ?
Everything has a purpose?Really?If you are really certain about it you should tell what is the meaning and purpose of every single entity that exists in this universe as philosophers for eons haven't been able to fathom the very same thing.You try to be smart but you fail to impress as you come up with unwarranted assumptions like this.
No one knows if there is a inherent meaning of our life so you can't be certain about it as long as you're skeptical enough to disbelieve in dogmas of religion pertaining to the purpose of life.
Could you please tell as to why God is the next plausible outcome if all of those anti-God arguments supposedly fail(in my opinion they don't).
It is easier to say there is a God but you need to explain how such a God can exist without any beginning!
If you can't accept universe's birth out of nothing then you should be explaining the exception that God can exist without any beginning.
Why theists come up with this special pleading and they want people to believe in this?
If God really exists explain the purpose of God's existence as you are certain that everything that exists has a meaning.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#19946 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> No You totally misinterpreted my first post ! If I should think to build a house to live in, Then would I live in it before I built it or before it was in a livable condition ? No, I would not ! That would be a plan made by an intelligent being ! Would it not ? What you are trying to do is manipulate my posts ! You are not winning anything, Its all in your own limited imagination ! P.S Stop reading scientific literature its out of your league of understanding !
House?
Your whole argument seems to be based on an unwarranted assumption that we the human beings are something special and have some inherent purpose that someone must have created universe to suit our existence!If the assumption is true,you are right.But if it is wrong,your whole argument is pointless.You need to prove there is a special purpose of our lives.
Even Socrates conceded,"I know one thing:I know nothing"
You are confidence indicates that you've cracked the code of life so could you tell what is the meaning of our lives?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19948 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Glad to see you've given up on any claim whatsoever which has any scientific bearing in any way.

Now to shoot down your new theory.

People often live in houses which aren't finished. In fact given the size of the DIY industry, the vast majority do.

Your need to pretend otherwise because science keeps making you look stupid doesn't change this truism.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19949 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
LMAO!!!!!!

You get dumber and more desperate with every post.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19950 Jan 5, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the classic religious twit who says everthing came from somewhere, but can't explain where god came from.
Tell us transdiode, you dishonest creationist toilet, where does cancer come from? Where does aids come from?
If it comes from your god lies, your delusions are wholly immoral and ignorant. Get your head checked.
OOOHHH.

Given his racist, right wing bigotry in another thread I'm going predict his answer to what purpose AIDS has will be a doozy.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19951 Jan 5, 2014
Thought this might be of interest...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/1054...
Burridge doesn’t seem to have seen the film. If Life of Brian isn’t a lampoon of Christianity what is?! Burridge doesn’t even seem to realise that Brian wasn't a 'failed messiah'. Apart from the fact he attracted a large following, he kept trying to tell everyone he wasn't a stupid 'prophet' at all.

Professor R A Burridge's doctoral thesis was on the 'genre of the gospels' and he is professor of 'Biblical interpretation'. Who judges theological theses except other religionists? Is that a peer review or a cult's opinion?

The terms theology & theologian are used to try to dignify religion as something more than any other superstition, such as witchcraft or Voodoo. It’s all mythology and legends.

Religion = superstition
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19952 Jan 5, 2014
Working for a better USA and world....
http://americanhumanist.org/news/details/2014...
Thinking

Stalbridge, UK

#19953 Jan 5, 2014
We don't have all the answers yet - work in progress - but that isn't an excuse for your religion to carve out the genitals of little girls.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you understood EVERYTHING before and after Big Bang?
They should shower you with Millions of Nobel Prizes, more than their are numbers of stars in the Universe!!
I used to think that all those who deny God have brains smaller than a bird....thank you confirming it!!
Thinking

Stalbridge, UK

#19954 Jan 5, 2014
Yet they exist.
trandiode wrote:
I cannot believe that some people really think, that existence was an accident and life was an accident and that the universe itself was born out from nothing ! It confounds me to the core !

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19955 Jan 5, 2014
birds of a feather fly together, round and round we go and where we stop nobody knows, but we try to be smarter than the average bear and consume our share of cocoa puffs and the BEAT goes on. and the beat goes on.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#19956 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I cannot believe that some people really think, that existence was an accident and life was an accident
Why do you use the word accident? The opposite of design isn't accident.
trandiode wrote:
and that the universe itself was born out from nothing !
You morons are all the same. Until you admit that you have two insurmountable problems in the above statement nothing further is worth discussing with you. One, no scientist of any repute claims there was 'nothing' before the big bang. Two, if there was always a god (refuting your own argument that something can't come from nothing) then there could have always been a state of physical reality (with our universe being just the most recent iteration). Why do you refuse to address these two lies you cling to? The only conclusion of most independent thinkers is that you are either retarded or you have no intention of reasoned discussion.
trandiode wrote:
That does not sound very scientific to me ! Wheres the logic and where is the proof ?
If logic and proof mattered to you then you wouldn't believe in sky pixies. Twit.
Lnc

United States

#19957 Jan 5, 2014
Some good news today

Long-awaited plans to the visit the Holy Land in May of this year. Outlining limited details of his trip, the pope said that “God willing”, he would make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land from May 24th-26th, visiting Israel, the West Bank and Jordan.

It was suspected by Vatican watchers that Francis would visit the Holy Land this year as he has made no secret of his desire to commemorate the January 5th, 1964, meeting between pope Paul VI and Orthodox Christian patriarch Athenagoras. Accordingly, the pope announced his trip yesterday, the day that marks the 50th anniversary of that historic meeting.

Ecumenical service
In the same spirit, one of the key moments of the trip will be an ecumenical service at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem where Francis will be joined by the current patriarch of Constantinople, Bartholemew, as well as by representatives from other Christian churches in Jerusalem. Christians believe that Jesus was crucified and buried in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

Israeli relations
Francis will be the fourth pope to visit Israel, following visits by John Paul II in 2000 and by Benedict in 2009. Vatican-Israeli relations were strained for much of the postwar era, partly because of the Holy See’s reluctance to officially recognise the newly founded Jewish state. It was only in 1993 that John Paul II finally opened diplomatic relations with Israel, an initiative that was followed seven years later by a memorable visit which included stops at the Holocaust memorial Yad Vashem, and at the Western Wall, where he famously consigned a hand- written plea asking forgiveness for Christian persecution.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19958 Jan 5, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like Black of White material was existing before Big Bang.... they all came into existence after that Big Bang...
So the question is who caused that big bang?
Think how little science we knew just 200 years ago and how much more we will know in 200 years time.

Just because we don't know everything yet doesn't prove there's a God. To claim it does isn't logic, it's just lazy thinking.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19959 Jan 5, 2014
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Think how little science we knew just 200 years ago and how much more we will know in 200 years time.
Just because we don't know everything yet doesn't prove there's a God. To claim it does isn't logic, it's just lazy thinking.
Just how little we still know, it is certainly putting your foot in your mouth by making this big claim that there is no God?

Have you found anything in your knowledge so far, anything not governed by laws and rules?

Who made these laws and rules and "forced" every one to follow it?

Only people with "little knowledge" would be stupid enough to deny the existence of Creator.

Most of Great Scientists believed in the existence of Creator.

They however differed in the Model of Creator which so called religion presented.

They were exposed to model of Judaism and Christianity and Hinduism etc....which did not fit their observation.

They were too biased to study the Model of Creator presented by Islam, otherwise, it would have provided them true guidance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 min Thinking 1,022
Our world came from nothing? 28 min Reverend Alan 717
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min Bozo the Clown 228,597
Heaven 1 hr Carchar king 6
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Jaimie 154
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 4 hr Thinking 8
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 17 hr Dally Mama 5,587

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE