Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Thinking

Poole, UK

#19930 Jan 5, 2014
Yes and yes.

You're a nutjob if you think our life can be made solely from H and He.

Stars needed to form and die first before we got the heavier elements our form of life is built on.
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know how a star is created or even what a star is ? I suggest you look it up to see what an absolutely incredible ludicrous statement it is. that you have made !
Jim

London, UK

#19932 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know how a star is created or even what a star is ? I suggest you look it up to see what an absolutely incredible ludicrous statement it is. that you have made !
God isn't real and you're an idiot for believing in god. You have no evidence in this forum and Creationism is a stupid belief. The earth is no 3000 years old.

Evolution is a scientific fact, you are wrong to come into the Atheism forum and lie about god for your relgious cult.

Go back to your discovery institute and ask your cult masters for evidence of the crap they taught you.

Nobody is going to believe your creationist fariytale story here.
Jim

London, UK

#19933 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>Everything that was needed to create life was there after the Big Bang and that includes what is necessary to create the elements needed for life itself ! Once again your Pedantic way with simple words stops you gaining the overall concept involved ! I cannot sit here and write volume after volume to explain each and every word and sentence to you about the origins of life, so what I do is throw out concepts I expect that people can understand without too much trouble ! But with you I was wrong ! There is no flaw in what I have previously stated Its the overall concept that you have missed !
Idiot with no proof of god, trying to sound smart.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19934 Jan 5, 2014
When did I mention dark matter ? And when was I shot down in my theories ? I was Just proving that the Big Bang Theory is full of holes large enough for a God to get through . I do not intend to go through every step of the creation of the Universe right up until now ! Although if you are interested I am going to start putting holes in all the dating methods that have been used by science :)
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What you do is post tripe.
You posted some theories, they all got shot down and now you've gone in a strop.
Stupidly though, you're still pretending to know what you are talking about.
So lets test your newest theory:
Was dark matter present just after the big bang?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19935 Jan 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Why do you need a magic man to do everything you don't fully understand yet?
Plus big bangs may be nested. Check out Laura Mersini Houghton's research... oh, you won't be able to because intelligent women are haram in your bag wearing sect.
<quoted text>
Have you understood EVERYTHING before and after Big Bang?

They should shower you with Millions of Nobel Prizes, more than their are numbers of stars in the Universe!!

I used to think that all those who deny God have brains smaller than a bird....thank you confirming it!!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19936 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
When did I mention dark matter ? And when was I shot down in my theories ? I was Just proving that the Big Bang Theory is full of holes large enough for a God to get through . I do not intend to go through every step of the creation of the Universe right up until now ! Although if you are interested I am going to start putting holes in all the dating methods that have been used by science :)<quoted text>
You tried to claim the universe wouldn't exist without life. I pointed out that logically meant that life must have started at the exact same instant the universe did.

Having had that theory shot down you pretended you meant that everything needed to create life started at the same time the universe did. So I pointed out that no elements existed at the start and heavy elements only appeared after the first stars had formed, lived and died.

So instead you are now coming out with a 'theory' that you weren't talking about atoms or anything like that so I decided to ask you about dark matter just to see how much you can embarrass yourself in the one thread.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19937 Jan 5, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to claim the universe wouldn't exist without life. I pointed out that logically meant that life must have started at the exact same instant the universe did.
Having had that theory shot down you pretended you meant that everything needed to create life started at the same time the universe did. So I pointed out that no elements existed at the start and heavy elements only appeared after the first stars had formed, lived and died.
So instead you are now coming out with a 'theory' that you weren't talking about atoms or anything like that so I decided to ask you about dark matter just to see how much you can embarrass yourself in the one thread.
No You totally misinterpreted my first post ! If I should think to build a house to live in, Then would I live in it before I built it or before it was in a livable condition ? No, I would not ! That would be a plan made by an intelligent being ! Would it not ? What you are trying to do is manipulate my posts ! You are not winning anything, Its all in your own limited imagination ! P.S Stop reading scientific literature its out of your league of understanding !
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19938 Jan 5, 2014
I cannot believe that some people really think, that existence was an accident and life was an accident and that the universe itself was born out from nothing ! It confounds me to the core ! That does not sound very scientific to me ! Wheres the logic and where is the proof ?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19939 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
I cannot believe that some people really think, that existence was an accident and life was an accident and that the universe itself was born out from nothing ! It confounds me to the core ! That does not sound very scientific to me ! Wheres the logic and where is the proof ?
Okay…how did the universe come to be?
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19940 Jan 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay…how did the universe come to be?
A Grand designer ( A GOD ) which is the next plausible and logical step before you can assume from nothing came everything without any real meaning or purpose whatsoever ! Everything in life has a purpose ! Does it not ? Everything that is in the universe has a purpose ! Does it not ?
Everything that exists is encased from the atom to the cells in your body to the gravity of the earth to the solar system to the galaxy to the universe ! Why does that all get ignored when science lives by these rules and tests them over and over again proving constants, Then throws it all out the door when it comes to the whole matter of creation and the meaning of life itself !

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19941 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> A Grand designer ( A GOD ) which is the next plausible and logical step before you can assume from nothing came everything without any real meaning or purpose whatsoever ! Everything in life has a purpose ! Does it not ? Everything that is in the universe has a purpose ! Does it not ?
Everything that exists is encased from the atom to the cells in your body to the gravity of the earth to the solar system to the galaxy to the universe ! Why does that all get ignored when science lives by these rules and tests them over and over again proving constants, Then throws it all out the door when it comes to the whole matter of creation and the meaning of life itself !
If it is, as you say, implausible that "from nothing came everything" where did this god come from?
Jim

London, UK

#19942 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
When did I mention dark matter ? And when was I shot down in my theories ? I was Just proving that the Big Bang Theory is full of holes large enough for a God to get through . I do not intend to go through every step of the creation of the Universe right up until now ! Although if you are interested I am going to start putting holes in all the dating methods that have been used by science :)<quoted text>
Defeated Creationist Cult member who hasn't realised his time is up!

Peace.
Jim

London, UK

#19943 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> No You totally misinterpreted my first post ! If I should think to build a house to live in, Then would I live in it before I built it or before it was in a livable condition ? No, I would not ! That would be a plan made by an intelligent being ! Would it not ? What you are trying to do is manipulate my posts ! You are not winning anything, Its all in your own limited imagination ! P.S Stop reading scientific literature its out of your league of understanding !
No evidence of god and talking about philosophy? Must be a Creationist Cult Member.
Jim

London, UK

#19944 Jan 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is, as you say, implausible that "from nothing came everything" where did this god come from?
Its the classic religious twit who says everthing came from somewhere, but can't explain where god came from.

Tell us transdiode, you dishonest creationist toilet, where does cancer come from? Where does aids come from?

If it comes from your god lies, your delusions are wholly immoral and ignorant. Get your head checked.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19945 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> A Grand designer ( A GOD ) which is the next plausible and logical step before you can assume from nothing came everything without any real meaning or purpose whatsoever ! Everything in life has a purpose ! Does it not ? Everything that is in the universe has a purpose ! Does it not ?
Everything that exists is encased from the atom to the cells in your body to the gravity of the earth to the solar system to the galaxy to the universe ! Why does that all get ignored when science lives by these rules and tests them over and over again proving constants, Then throws it all out the door when it comes to the whole matter of creation and the meaning of life itself !
Everything has a purpose?Really?If you are really certain about it you should tell what is the meaning and purpose of every single entity that exists in this universe as philosophers for eons haven't been able to fathom the very same thing.You try to be smart but you fail to impress as you come up with unwarranted assumptions like this.
No one knows if there is a inherent meaning of our life so you can't be certain about it as long as you're skeptical enough to disbelieve in dogmas of religion pertaining to the purpose of life.
Could you please tell as to why God is the next plausible outcome if all of those anti-God arguments supposedly fail(in my opinion they don't).
It is easier to say there is a God but you need to explain how such a God can exist without any beginning!
If you can't accept universe's birth out of nothing then you should be explaining the exception that God can exist without any beginning.
Why theists come up with this special pleading and they want people to believe in this?
If God really exists explain the purpose of God's existence as you are certain that everything that exists has a meaning.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19946 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> No You totally misinterpreted my first post ! If I should think to build a house to live in, Then would I live in it before I built it or before it was in a livable condition ? No, I would not ! That would be a plan made by an intelligent being ! Would it not ? What you are trying to do is manipulate my posts ! You are not winning anything, Its all in your own limited imagination ! P.S Stop reading scientific literature its out of your league of understanding !
House?
Your whole argument seems to be based on an unwarranted assumption that we the human beings are something special and have some inherent purpose that someone must have created universe to suit our existence!If the assumption is true,you are right.But if it is wrong,your whole argument is pointless.You need to prove there is a special purpose of our lives.
Even Socrates conceded,"I know one thing:I know nothing"
You are confidence indicates that you've cracked the code of life so could you tell what is the meaning of our lives?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19948 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> No You totally misinterpreted my first post ! If I should think to build a house to live in, Then would I live in it before I built it or before it was in a livable condition ? No, I would not ! That would be a plan made by an intelligent being ! Would it not ? What you are trying to do is manipulate my posts ! You are not winning anything, Its all in your own limited imagination ! P.S Stop reading scientific literature its out of your league of understanding !
Glad to see you've given up on any claim whatsoever which has any scientific bearing in any way.

Now to shoot down your new theory.

People often live in houses which aren't finished. In fact given the size of the DIY industry, the vast majority do.

Your need to pretend otherwise because science keeps making you look stupid doesn't change this truism.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19949 Jan 5, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> A Grand designer ( A GOD ) which is the next plausible and logical step before you can assume from nothing came everything without any real meaning or purpose whatsoever ! Everything in life has a purpose ! Does it not ? Everything that is in the universe has a purpose ! Does it not ?
Everything that exists is encased from the atom to the cells in your body to the gravity of the earth to the solar system to the galaxy to the universe ! Why does that all get ignored when science lives by these rules and tests them over and over again proving constants, Then throws it all out the door when it comes to the whole matter of creation and the meaning of life itself !
LMAO!!!!!!

You get dumber and more desperate with every post.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19950 Jan 5, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the classic religious twit who says everthing came from somewhere, but can't explain where god came from.
Tell us transdiode, you dishonest creationist toilet, where does cancer come from? Where does aids come from?
If it comes from your god lies, your delusions are wholly immoral and ignorant. Get your head checked.
OOOHHH.

Given his racist, right wing bigotry in another thread I'm going predict his answer to what purpose AIDS has will be a doozy.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#19951 Jan 5, 2014
Thought this might be of interest...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/1054...
Burridge doesn’t seem to have seen the film. If Life of Brian isn’t a lampoon of Christianity what is?! Burridge doesn’t even seem to realise that Brian wasn't a 'failed messiah'. Apart from the fact he attracted a large following, he kept trying to tell everyone he wasn't a stupid 'prophet' at all.

Professor R A Burridge's doctoral thesis was on the 'genre of the gospels' and he is professor of 'Biblical interpretation'. Who judges theological theses except other religionists? Is that a peer review or a cult's opinion?

The terms theology & theologian are used to try to dignify religion as something more than any other superstition, such as witchcraft or Voodoo. It’s all mythology and legends.

Religion = superstition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min READMORE 29,546
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Thinking 11,668
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Thinking 254,960
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Thinking 4,258
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 9,611
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Knowledge- 19,809
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr ChristineM 50,966
More from around the web