Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19847 Jan 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Now that we should have come to the realization that the Big Bang Theory does not rule out the possibility of a God there is a deeper mystery one should contemplate on ! Now for this you must be able to use your gray matter as this has the potential of giving logical reasoning to the concept of a god ! The Big Bang came out of Nothing, hold on to that thought throughout what I am going to say.
Matter was formed after the big bang and it was formed in such a way that it produced Life having all the right elements in all the right amounts.
Now ponder on this, What would of happened if life were not created from the Big Bang ? You can perceive a lifeless Universe can you not ? Why because you exist ! But if the universe had no life there would be absolutely no perception by anything whatsoever that the universe exists, it just simply would not exist if there were nothing living to perceive it ! all these galaxies the whole of the creation of the Big Bang would have come to nothing, It would be as void as the nothingness that the big bang came from ! Now really think hard and long about this was Life an accident or was life planned ? Now remember that all of the known universe came out of nothing and without life it would be as nothing ! I To me this uses Logic to come to a logical conclusion , My conclusion is that their indeed is a divine planner behind all this, What is yours ? This is the smoking gun where science logic and God meet !
LMAO!!!

The delusion continues.

Now you are putting forward the 'theory' that life started at the same instant the universe did.

Can you provide evidence that a single person (no matter how delusional and mentally unbalanced) agrees?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Violet Crumble

Denpasar, Indonesia

#19848 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Bundy's Sister
LOL
WTF is Ted Bundy ?? A bible thumping god botherer ???
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#19849 Jan 1, 2014
Ted was both a mass murderer and a believer.
Violet Crumble wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is Ted Bundy ?? A bible thumping god botherer ???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19850 Jan 1, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Who said it did?
<quoted text>No, there's no more evidence of god(s) there than of pixies. The BB theory doesn't rule out a creator but doesn't suggest there is one either.
The place to start is to define 'creator'. It doesn't change the fact that Abrahamic god(s) and the ones in godchecker.com are myths and legends and modern religion (god made man in god's image, etc) is as superstitious as witchcraft.
Religion = superstition
I write this without rancour, btw. Topix contributors often feel antagonistic when contradicted but I hope you don't. I just don't think your inference that some entity created the universe is substantiated or especially plausible. It could just as well have come into being without one and life may occur randomly when conditions allow, as one might reasonably suppose.
Have you not noticed that nothing exists in the universe that does not serve a purpose ? Science has found that to be always the case ! Now using a known scientific truth being that everything has to have a reason and a purpose, why then do you throw out the whole of existence in to a contradiction of what is known and proven ? I suggest you go back to what I wrote and read it again but this time with an open and honest mind :)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
trandiode

#19852 Jan 1, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
The delusion continues.
Now you are putting forward the 'theory' that life started at the same instant the universe did.
Can you provide evidence that a single person (no matter how delusional and mentally unbalanced) agrees?
Read it again and you will see I do not in any way put forward the idea that matter and life were created at the same moment ! I asked you to use your grey matter to think about what I had written not your Fecal matter :)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19853 Jan 1, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Most people I know do. There is no more evidence of gods than of pixies, whatever the evidence for or against the Big Bang.
Clearly there are no Abrahamic gods or any of these...
godchecker.com
Science has established there are no such gods the way it has dispatched widespread belief in witches, sooth-sayers and pixies. Only a fool would simply have faith that a god sent his (it's always a he) message to Earth via a prophet and this is 'revealed' in an old 'Holy Book'. There's no reason to think in this day and age that the Quran, Bible and Torah are more than just old books written by men for human purposes.
Revelation is obvious nonsense. Science at least explains much of what we know of the Universe. Religious faith motivates Islamists and Zionists. They're religious motivation is what they have in common.
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology.
Why are you dragging "poor" science into it?

Science is the study of materials and every thing related with material.....it does not have to take any side into the debate.

You are misusing science to judge on a matter which is outside its purview

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19854 Jan 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Read it again and you will see I do not in any way put forward the idea that matter and life were created at the same moment ! I asked you to use your grey matter to think about what I had written not your Fecal matter :)
You are not correct my brother....life came billions of years after creation of matter.

How can you have a building without having the bricks first?
trandiode

#19855 Jan 1, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not correct my brother....life came billions of years after creation of matter.
How can you have a building without having the bricks first?
I did not say that life came at the beginning, but that all the elements for life were created ! There is a vast difference in meaning ! I know it took a long time for life to start but I also know that the elements for life to start were already there just waiting :)!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19856 Jan 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> I did not say that life came at the beginning, but that all the elements for life were created ! There is a vast difference in meaning ! I know it took a long time for life to start but I also know that the elements for life to start were already there just waiting :)!
No life could sustain the temperature and heat and motion at the start of Big Bang.... if by "ingredients" you mean atomic particles, then you might be right.

But "life" is not only materials, there is another ingredient in it, which is not material in nature.
trandiode

#19857 Jan 1, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No life could sustain the temperature and heat and motion at the start of Big Bang.... if by "ingredients" you mean atomic particles, then you might be right.
But "life" is not only materials, there is another ingredient in it, which is not material in nature.
agree there is something more than the material in this universe and agree ingredients is one way of putting it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#19858 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why You and Jim are in England
with an established Church of England.
You and Jim Pay taxes to the Church of England,
we in America do Not :-)
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are
endowed by their Creator
with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty
and the pursuit of Happiness.— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted
among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" -Thomas Jefferson
This is America with American rights!
How many Bishops from the Church of England in the House of Lords?
Your movement seems a bit weak at home in England :-)
LOL
Another babble-essay from LCN the Creationist Cult Member.

A reminder that 40% of UK are Atheists and 'thou shalt not lie'
Jim

London, UK

#19859 Jan 1, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>So you refuse to define the god(s) you believe in and have no evidence of the 'creator' you have idle 'faith' in.
You regard Creationism/ID as science.
You apparently admit that you see yourself as defending religion even though you claim not to be religious yourself.
You ignore the points I raise in my posts and raise some yourself. All the ones you have raised have been repeatedly addressed in the past but I wanted to give you an opportunity to say what it is that you believe in and explain what I see as your hypocrisy, double-standards and lies. You refuse to address any of my posts and just troll the Atheism Forum. I just wanted to make that clear to all, L. Thank you.
He know's it wrong. The spam is his way of being bitter at Atheists.

100% passive-aggressive.
Jim

London, UK

#19860 Jan 1, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelistic atheist trolls,
unlike Real atheists and agnostics,
wish to control our beliefs.
I have never stated a religious preference!
Many observers find evangelistic atheists similar to
Christian Evangelists in their wish for control and domination.
In America we have separation of Church and State!
A reminder that Evangelicism is a wholly Religious idea and Atheism is a disbelief in Religion.

'Thou shalt not lie'
Jim

London, UK

#19861 Jan 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
Now that we should have come to the realization that the Big Bang Theory does not rule out the possibility of a God there is a deeper mystery one should contemplate on ! Now for this you must be able to use your gray matter as this has the potential of giving logical reasoning to the concept of a god ! The Big Bang came out of Nothing, hold on to that thought throughout what I am going to say.
Matter was formed after the big bang and it was formed in such a way that it produced Life having all the right elements in all the right amounts.
Now ponder on this, What would of happened if life were not created from the Big Bang ? You can perceive a lifeless Universe can you not ? Why because you exist ! But if the universe had no life there would be absolutely no perception by anything whatsoever that the universe exists, it just simply would not exist if there were nothing living to perceive it ! all these galaxies the whole of the creation of the Big Bang would have come to nothing, It would be as void as the nothingness that the big bang came from ! Now really think hard and long about this was Life an accident or was life planned ? Now remember that all of the known universe came out of nothing and without life it would be as nothing ! I To me this uses Logic to come to a logical conclusion , My conclusion is that their indeed is a divine planner behind all this, What is yours ? This is the smoking gun where science logic and God meet !
More desperate Essays from the Creationists who will do anything to try to deny scientific facts about their own universe.
Jim

London, UK

#19862 Jan 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>Have you not noticed that nothing exists in the universe that does not serve a purpose ? Science has found that to be always the case ! Now using a known scientific truth being that everything has to have a reason and a purpose, why then do you throw out the whole of existence in to a contradiction of what is known and proven ? I suggest you go back to what I wrote and read it again but this time with an open and honest mind :)
Liars like to drivel on while having no evidence of god and no understanding of science.

Just two pages ago, this Creationist troll was asking where and when the Big Bang happened (he didn't understand there is no 'where' in space & that 'time itself' is a dimension inside the big bang.
Jim

London, UK

#19863 Jan 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>agree there is something more than the material in this universe and agree ingredients is one way of putting it!
All that matters now is your psychological condition, now that you know the facts: that there's no god.

Doesn't matter what you think, science has disproven your human-centric beliefs hundreds of years ago and keeps making a fool of religious explanations.

How humans deal with facts tells you how honest they really are.
Jim

London, UK

#19864 Jan 1, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Read it again and you will see I do not in any way put forward the idea that matter and life were created at the same moment ! I asked you to use your grey matter to think about what I had written not your Fecal matter :)
Drunken Religious Armchair Posturing will never replace the wonder of Scientific Discovery!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19865 Jan 2, 2014
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>Have you not noticed that nothing exists in the universe that does not serve a purpose ? Science has found that to be always the case ! Now using a known scientific truth being that everything has to have a reason and a purpose, why then do you throw out the whole of existence in to a contradiction of what is known and proven ? I suggest you go back to what I wrote and read it again but this time with an open and honest mind :)
Purpose and meaning has nothing to do with science.They are related to philosophy.
Why do you bring in science in every argument to prove your case?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#19866 Jan 2, 2014
You're from India.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6161691.stm

Is this why you get frustrated?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you dragging "poor" science into it?
Science is the study of materials and every thing related with material.....it does not have to take any side into the debate.
You are misusing science to judge on a matter which is outside its purview
trandiode

Korea

#19867 Jan 2, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars like to drivel on while having no evidence of god and no understanding of science.
Just two pages ago, this Creationist troll was asking where and when the Big Bang happened (he didn't understand there is no 'where' in space & that 'time itself' is a dimension inside the big bang.
Gee Jim I just do not know how you can get things just so so wrong ! Do you understand the written word or what. perhaps you may have Dyslexia or something ? I would get it checked out if I were you ! There is something not firing right in that brain of yours !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 37 min Dogen 83,108
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 16 hr Science 2,565
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Nov 14 Eagle 12 - 3,988
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web