Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24083 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Jim

London, UK

#19719 Dec 29, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Not collecting stamps is a hobby
Baldness is a hair color
Adding *transdiode* to the Creationist Cult Member active on Topix Atheism forum list.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19720 Dec 30, 2013
Atheist, no god at all. Suppose that is so, but it means our human existence just happened. NOT even! why does my heart constantly beat? why does its pace goes according to my 'feelings'? I am very much alive. I feel joy. I feel pain and not simply for me. I hear stories that affect my emotions, I see pictures that do the same. I'm not alone. Just happened? Why? My biological, my physical being, my thoughts, my mind,my HEART. All is real, all is me, BUT, WHY? There is no better answer, there is no ANSWER at all. GOD, Comes to my rescue I KNOW,,I BELIEVE. Join me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#19721 Dec 30, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Atheist, no god at all. Suppose that is so, but it means our human existence just happened. NOT even! why does my heart constantly beat? why does its pace goes according to my 'feelings'? I am very much alive. I feel joy. I feel pain and not simply for me. I hear stories that affect my emotions, I see pictures that do the same. I'm not alone. Just happened? Why? My biological, my physical being, my thoughts, my mind,my HEART. All is real, all is me, BUT, WHY? There is no better answer, there is no ANSWER at all. GOD, Comes to my rescue I KNOW,,I BELIEVE. Join me.
More mad religious essays from depressed humans.

Many humans will ask "why??" - a meaningless question. Without testing if the question is sufficient, they will then answer their own flawed question with *god*/*magic*.

Now they have found the answer, the religious mental illness is complete. Humanity has lost another able being to the cult of stupid beliefs.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#19722 Dec 30, 2013
Definition of a atheist.

Atheist- a person with a lack of belief who discriminates and disrespects religion or people's views and beliefs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19723 Dec 30, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
'faith is lying to yourself' what a quaint statement, what a self-produced excuse for something that cannot be expressed. FAITH in it's definition says it: it is what you cannot see and yet FEEL IT very strongly within yourself. Faith is that extra sense making life worthwhile. If you don't have average intelligence, you can still sense it. We don't know everything even if as children we believe our parent do. That is a hint as to WHO'S IN CONTROL. Believe. It costs nothing and could SAVE you.
You are exactly right, faith is prettied up, painted over, and gilded, lying to yourself.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19724 Dec 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who deny faith, themselves have "blind faith" in no many things that they cannot count.
Ask any of those "faith deniers", will they drink from a bottle, that has a label "Poison" on it? What prevents them from drinking?
There are so many things that people have blind faith and depending on analysis by others, that if every one wants to believe only after experimenting it, no one can live for even one day.
But when it comes to faith in religious teachings, all these "believers" start ridiculing other believers!!
Poor MUQ,comes up with wrong analogy again.
What if the same bottle has multiple labels of "Poison","Milk ","Honey" and many other potable drinks?What if one finds out that the people who labelled these on the bottle have no knowledge about its content and they are only feigning their supposed knowledge?
Religion does the same thing.Christians,Hindus,Muslim s,Jews and many other religion adherents try to explain our life and its meaning in their own way and many times they contradict each other as well as themselves.
When we ask for proofs and evidences to prove their stance(to check if their knowledge is valid and real) they fail to furnish.
Jim

London, UK

#19725 Dec 30, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Definition of a atheist.
Atheist- a person with a lack of belief who discriminates and disrespects religion or people's views and beliefs.
puts the tard in religitard.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#19728 Dec 30, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? No evidence to support Evolution?(Lets ignore this absurdity for one moment)
So how do you *believe& was Evolution discovered then? Your turn you talk now....
You'll have to overlook those who prefer ignorance and read fairy tales. They are certain that the world was created 6,000 years ago on a Tuesday in October.

Human DNA has been discovered from a female skeleton found in Africa which was alive over 3,000,000 years ago. They have thoroughly dug around and proven that an asteroid as big as a city struck the earth about 160,000,000 years ago and wiped out all life except the burrowing species. All of us evolved from a small creature the size of a ground squirrel and it's brain was larger and more capable than that of those who believe the bible...the snake handlers. Religion is a crutch and the youth of today are wising up and abandoning religious beliefs by the millions. This Pew Survey shows that the youth in this country are smarter than all those over 50 combined:

"Washington – The fastest growing "religious" group in America is made up of people with no religion at all, according to a Pew survey showing that one in five Americans is not affiliated with any religion.

The number of these Americans has grown by 25% just in the past five years, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

The survey found that the ranks of the unaffiliated are growing even faster among younger Americans.

Thirty-three million Americans now have no religious affiliation, with 13 million in that group identifying as either atheist or agnostic, according to the new survey.

Pew found that those who are religiously unaffiliated are strikingly less religious than the public at large. They attend church infrequently, if at all, are largely not seeking out religion and say that the lack of it in their lives is of little importance."

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19729 Dec 30, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
'faith is lying to yourself' what a quaint statement,
And is highly descriptive-- accurate too.

You are about to demonstrate **how** accurate:
LuzAranda wrote:
'
... what a self-produced excuse for something that cannot be expressed. FAITH in it's definition says it: it is what you cannot see and yet FEEL IT very strongly within yourself. Faith is that extra sense making life worthwhile. If you don't have average intelligence, you can still sense it. We don't know everything even if as children we believe our parent do. That is a hint as to WHO'S IN CONTROL. Believe. It costs nothing and could SAVE you.
See?

The above is 100% lies, or as they say in logic: A Strawman.

The above insanity is *also* because the person who wrote it, has been poisoned by brainwashing for most of it's life.

Such that, it actually believes the LIE is REAL.

It's told this LIE is called "faith".

And sadly? It believes that lie, too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19730 Dec 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who deny faith, themselves have "blind faith" in no many things that they cannot count.
Ask any of those "faith deniers", will they drink from a bottle, that has a label "Poison" on it? What prevents them from drinking?
Experience prevents them from drinking-- not faith.

This idiot thinks that trust that the SUN will come up in the morning is the same as BLIND FAITH IN STUPID SH|T LIKE GODS.

Wow.

What a moron this MUQ is.

It's brain damage is quite severe.... the faith is very evident too.

You can actually smell it from here...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19731 Dec 30, 2013
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently you do not know what the definition of Atheist is ! I suggest you look it up, secondly , You do have faith believe it or not ! You have faith that science gives you all the correct answers and that your view to creation is correct by your faith in science ! its your belief system and science is your God !:)
Apparently **you** do not know what a "strawman" is.

Look it up--- you just used the strawman process. Again.

I **am** an atheist.

I **have** no **faith**-- not how **you** use the word.

So.... I just proved you were **lying**.

It's what you faithitsts do best: lie.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19732 Dec 30, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
I would **love** to join you.

But first?

You are so going to have to take a step in **my** direction.

It's and easy step for you-- IF YOUR GOD IS REALLY REAL, that is.

Have your god speak directly to me. And then? We can join together in your ... what did you call it? Oh yeah, "joy".

I'll be waiting for your god's message directly into my brain.

(but I won't hold my breath or anything like that-- nor will I be stopping my usual life chores-- if your god is **REAL** that won't matter one bit)

However.

If your god does NOT make an appearance?

I fully expect an APOLOGY from you, for LYING.

I'll give you three days out of consideration for the fact that you seem to be kinda slow.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19733 Dec 30, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Definition of a atheist.
You got the first bit correct-- a person who has no belief in stupid sh8t.

The second bit?

Well-- that **also** include **YOU**: for YOU DO NOT RESPECT ME IN THE LEAST.

Sauce for the goose and all that.

(psst: your hate and bigotry is showing. Again. Who Would Jesus Hate?)
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#19734 Dec 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You got the first bit correct-- a person who has no belief in stupid sh8t.
The second bit?
Well-- that **also** include **YOU**: for YOU DO NOT RESPECT ME IN THE LEAST.
Sauce for the goose and all that.
(psst: your hate and bigotry is showing. Again. Who Would Jesus Hate?)
Forget that thousands of mythical gods which never existed at all.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#19735 Dec 30, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Definition of a atheist.
Atheists are mostly intellegent peoples.
henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#19736 Dec 30, 2013
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to overlook those who prefer ignorance and read fairy tales. They are certain that the world was created 6,000 years ago on a Tuesday in October.
Human DNA has been discovered from a female skeleton found in Africa which was alive over 3,000,000 years ago. They have thoroughly dug around and proven that an asteroid as big as a city struck the earth about 160,000,000 years ago and wiped out all life except the burrowing species. All of us evolved from a small creature the size of a ground squirrel and it's brain was larger and more capable than that of those who believe the bible...the snake handlers. Religion is a crutch and the youth of today are wising up and abandoning religious beliefs by the millions. This Pew Survey shows that the youth in this country are smarter than all those over 50 combined:
"Washington – The fastest growing "religious" group in America is made up of people with no religion at all, according to a Pew survey showing that one in five Americans is not affiliated with any religion.
The number of these Americans has grown by 25% just in the past five years, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.
The survey found that the ranks of the unaffiliated are growing even faster among younger Americans.
Thirty-three million Americans now have no religious affiliation, with 13 million in that group identifying as either atheist or agnostic, according to the new survey.
Pew found that those who are religiously unaffiliated are strikingly less religious than the public at large. They attend church infrequently, if at all, are largely not seeking out religion and say that the lack of it in their lives is of little importance."
Hurry up with your foolish religions before the nuclear holocast makes an end to human life.
rio

Bromley, UK

#19737 Dec 30, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are mostly intellegent peoples.
Intelligence is subjective!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19738 Dec 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This looks like some on explaining "Trinity" in Simple language!!
Just moving around the circle and meaning nothing.
The basic question is "How Any thing can happen" in this universe, unless there be some doer?
So the existence and presence of God is self proven!!
Those who doubt it, should create some thing by chance and by itself!!
PS:
This test itself will show how unreasonable and illogical these so called Atheists are.
Lets try that test shall we?

I'll leave the milk out but film it and see if a god comes along and changes it for me or if it changes itself.

Also, can you tell me what your creation explanation is?'God did it' doesn't work since god had to come from somewhere unless you are saying god does not exist within our universe, that part I'll believe.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19739 Dec 30, 2013
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again an Atheist who puts all their FAITH in Science that helps try to confirm their BELIEF SYSTEM !! All scientific dating techniques are flawed ! Just give me any example you want and I will gladly show you why it is flawed :)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#19740 Dec 30, 2013
Finally.. because DEEP DOWN WE ALL KNOW THAT RELIGION IS A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT. I BELIEVE MORE IN ALCHEMY THEN GOD. GOD WHO? THE WORLD AND SCIENCE IS MOVING AT TOO FAST OF A PACE FOR OLD MYTHS. ITS ABOUT PROOF AND ACTION.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 min It aint necessari... 16,541
Good arguments against Christianity 38 min Richardfs 132
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr thetruth 283
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 256,139
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr thetruth 107
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr thetruth 69
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr thetruth 20,631
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 40,888
More from around the web