Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,345

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19644 Dec 28, 2013
Maybe, he is a rot to me
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19645 Dec 28, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realise he's just trolling you right?
It's the only form of human contact he has.
You should see how stir crazy he went on christmas day when all the people with lives were doing something else.
Maybe, but as the Germans would say in the 40s...untermenchen

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19646 Dec 29, 2013
Nordic wrote:
The communist along with the radical muslims world.....what a paradis to us Westerns.
I will fight this devils as best as i can....and i am not alone
Breivik must be your hero
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19647 Dec 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This looks like some on explaining "Trinity" in Simple language!!
Just moving around the circle and meaning nothing.
The basic question is "How Any thing can happen" in this universe, unless there be some doer?
So the existence and presence of God is self proven!!
Those who doubt it, should create some thing by chance and by itself!!
PS:
This test itself will show how unreasonable and illogical these so called Atheists are.
Study science then open your mouth ignorant religious fool.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19648 Dec 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This looks like some on explaining "Trinity" in Simple language!!
Just moving around the circle and meaning nothing.
The basic question is "How Any thing can happen" in this universe, unless there be some doer?
So the existence and presence of God is self proven!!
Those who doubt it, should create some thing by chance and by itself!!
PS:
This test itself will show how unreasonable and illogical these so called Atheists are.
Ignorance has never been a point of view in an argument. Educate yourself instead of ridiculing the real world around you.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#19649 Dec 29, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everybody pretends to know all the answers as you seem to do.
It seems like you think that evolution was started by a God because of the fact that it seems to be an orderly process than a chaotic.However,considering the mammoth size of the universe and lack of evidences of life in the outer space it is inane to assume there is God.Just consider the fact there are billions of galaxies with billions of planets and stars.And what if we are the only one(all earthly living beings) living in the universe?All planets do not have physical conditions favoring life.At least most of them that we know don't.It is just that earth had everything in the right proportion that was needed for life to begin.So,there is a good chance that life on earth was a random fluke.
Your assumption of God would be further weakened if one considers the possibilities of multiple universes with different Gravitational constants.
One of the favorite Deist argument is that our Gravitational constant G is so accurately tuned that we have distinct planets and stars hence living had been possible here.
But what Deists don't consider is the possibility of different universes with different magnitude of G.And there is a scientific reason why it is considered as a strong possibility so don't think that it is just a random assumption to counter Deists' view.
In short,we do not know if there is a God or not.However,to assert there is a God one need to complement his assertion by showing evidences.You do not have to bring evidences for absence of something whose existence is doubted.
There is a possibility of God.But it is just a possibility.We atheists just don't want to bet on that possibility.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#19650 Dec 29, 2013
Atheists believe in nothing, For Nothing is where the universe came from ! From nothing came everything ! I think it is far more logical to believe in a God than to believe in a scientific proven impossibility that is called "Nothing "
spider

Peterborough, UK

#19651 Dec 29, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has a beginning.
Yes indeed it does. Scientists, or to be more precise astronomers, have been studying the maelstrom of space for centuries. Modern telescopes and space probes have proven invaluable in the collection of data. there is evidence to show how planets and stars come in to existence, go through a life cycle over millennia, and then die. In the vastness that is space it would be foolish , even arrogant , to think that we may be the only life form that has ever been, or will ever be. The accepted view is , the big bang theory, and there is much to support this view, it may not be the first, or last time it will happen. After the bang, matter was flung out from the epicentre and continues to move outwards, when this matter collides and mixes with matter from similar universes then the build up towards a future big bang millions of light years away begins. It would be interesting to ask life from another planet or time if they believe, or ever believed in a creator,,, but in honesty we don't need to, there are plenty of life forms on this planet living out their lives in complete oblivion of such a notion,,, the greed, insecurities, evil and gullability of the human mind created, and perpetuates the idea of a god.
spider

Peterborough, UK

#19653 Dec 29, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have more argument on your side, beside "primordial soup", and "you can't prove God", you will be taken seriously.
Until then, you are not very convincing.
Going to bed now ...
Primordial soup is only part of the evidence,, amongst other things, the levels and mix of gasses and chemicals, distance from a sun, gravitational pull of a planets core all have a bearing on the existence of life.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#19654 Dec 29, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed it does. Scientists, or to be more precise astronomers, have been studying the maelstrom of space for centuries. Modern telescopes and space probes have proven invaluable in the collection of data. there is evidence to show how planets and stars come in to existence, go through a life cycle over millennia, and then die. In the vastness that is space it would be foolish , even arrogant , to think that we may be the only life form that has ever been, or will ever be. The accepted view is , the big bang theory, and there is much to support this view, it may not be the first, or last time it will happen. After the bang, matter was flung out from the epicentre and continues to move outwards, when this matter collides and mixes with matter from similar universes then the build up towards a future big bang millions of light years away begins. It would be interesting to ask life from another planet or time if they believe, or ever believed in a creator,,, but in honesty we don't need to, there are plenty of life forms on this planet living out their lives in complete oblivion of such a notion,,, the greed, insecurities, evil and gullability of the human mind created, and perpetuates the idea of a god.
The big bang theory explains NOTHING ! For you to use science as an argument against a divine being you have to explain the whole of existence ! The big Bang Theory supposes that existence came from absolutely nothing, Yet Nothing does not exist it is only a mathematical concept ! So the big bang came from something ! So what was that ?
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19655 Dec 29, 2013
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>The big bang theory explains NOTHING ! For you to use science as an argument against a divine being you have to explain the whole of existence !
The big Bang Theory supposes that existence came from absolutely nothing, Yet Nothing does not exist it is only a mathematical concept ! So the big bang came from something ! So what was that ?
When you dumb religious folk can find some evidence against the Big Bang theory, we're all ears.

Until then all you can do is lie about god and try to ignore scientific facts to protect your ego.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19656 Dec 29, 2013
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>The big bang theory explains NOTHING ! For you to use science as an argument against a divine being you have to explain the whole of existence ! The big Bang Theory supposes that existence came from absolutely nothing, Yet Nothing does not exist it is only a mathematical concept ! So the big bang came from something ! So what was that ?
Scientific theories are based on observed evidence - things that can be measured again and again to prove they are real phenomenon.

Religion is based on a human written book of lies that is innacurate, hateful and misleading.

It is wrong on several facts, including the age of the earth and basic biology.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19657 Dec 29, 2013
trandiode wrote:
Atheists believe in nothing, For Nothing is where the universe came from ! From nothing came everything ! I think it is far more logical to believe in a God than to believe in a scientific proven impossibility that is called "Nothing "
Atheism is not a belief, its a disbelief in Religion.

Think of anything you can that is Religious. Now disbelieve it, and you have Atheism.

Most Atheists disbelief religion for different reasons. Some reasons are:

1. No evidence of god.
2. Strong evidence that religious people lie about god
3. Religious books full of psychotic drivel and no bearing on reality
4. Violence and hate created by religion
spider

Peterborough, UK

#19658 Dec 29, 2013
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>The big bang theory explains NOTHING ! For you to use science as an argument against a divine being you have to explain the whole of existence ! The big Bang Theory supposes that existence came from absolutely nothing, Yet Nothing does not exist it is only a mathematical concept ! So the big bang came from something ! So what was that ?
The difficulty or concept for most people is governed by the notion that they think every thing has a beginning and end. If you can get your thought process past this hurdle then you will be getting somewhere. If you read my post again you will see that I implied that the universes are continuous regeneration.
Why are you unable to accept that matter can exist, purely because it does.
If evolution hadn't produced man, then the debate over creationism and evolution wouldn't exist,,,,, had you considered that ?
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19659 Dec 29, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
The difficulty or concept for most people is governed by the notion that they think every thing has a beginning and end. If you can get your thought process past this hurdle then you will be getting somewhere. If you read my post again you will see that I implied that the universes are continuous regeneration.
Why are you unable to accept that matter can exist, purely because it does.
If evolution hadn't produced man, then the debate over creationism and evolution wouldn't exist,,,,, had you considered that ?
Religious people don't want to think. They would rather suck up simple answers and not ask too many questions.

Ignorance is a virtue to the religious. They are blissful thinking they are right.
Jim

Scunthorpe, UK

#19660 Dec 29, 2013
Where a religious person asks an Atheist to explain Evolution or the Big Bang theory - they have no real interest in either of these topic.

It is a lie that they care about science or scientific theories.

They ask because they want to ridicule what they think are your *beliefs* as an Atheist.

Naturally, scientific facts like Evolution and theories like Big Bang are based on facts and reality, making them impossible to ridicule.

So religious cannot understand at an Atheist cannot be offended by simple ignorance of science.

A religious person thinks that Atheists *believe* these *stories* instead of realising that they are not *stories* but actually scientific facts and findings from reality itself - the way the world undeniably actually works.
spider

Peterborough, UK

#19661 Dec 29, 2013
The conclusion I reached long ago is this.
Some people, through fear or a desire to control others turned to the idea of creationism. For those with fear, the idea that they do not have an all powerfull big brother watching over them and guiding them through life is frightening. For those who wish to control, no explanation is required other than greed and selfishness.
The very thought that we as individuals have to rely on ourselves as individuals is not an easy pill to swallow,,, the goodwill of others is a long way of , as the past and present attitude of man has and still proves.
Prior to my existence I had no thoughts on this or any other issue,, nor will I when I cease to be.
spider

Peterborough, UK

#19662 Dec 29, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people don't want to think. They would rather suck up simple answers and not ask too many questions.
Ignorance is a virtue to the religious. They are blissful thinking they are right.
I agree Jim,, I also believe fear of the unknown plays a large part in their denial.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#19663 Dec 29, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people don't want to think. They would rather suck up simple answers and not ask too many questions.
Ignorance is a virtue to the religious. They are blissful thinking they are right.
John Hagee attacks learning.
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

#19664 Dec 29, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories are based on observed evidence - things that can be measured again and again to prove they are real phenomenon.
Religion is based on a human written book of lies that is innacurate, hateful and misleading.
It is wrong on several facts, including the age of the earth and basic biology.
So how do you measure the big bang theory over and over again ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min River Tam 227,738
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 41 min wondering 338
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 3 hr BeHereNow 134
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 3 hr Patrick 4,111
Becoming a parent changed everything. 3 hr Patrick 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Patrick 931
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 10 hr True Christian wi... 20
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••