Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

rio

London, UK

#19636 Dec 28, 2013
Dud Fivers wrote:
<quoted text>then read a book about physics. It will give you more than one theory, including "Brane" theory which postulates an eternal multiverse with universes on 4 dimensional "branes" floating in a higher dimensional space called the "Bulk" . if 2 branes bump, it produces another growing universe. But I expect allah doing it 6000 years ago suits you better.
So, apart from telling people to "read a book", atheists cannot explain convincigly their theory?

Sounds to me very much like a religion based on revelation!!! LOL

You answer just like a Jew, a Christian or a Muslim would do !!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
rio

London, UK

#19637 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have some evidence to present or some arguments beyond "goddidit", you are welcome to leave your stupidity behind.
When you have more argument on your side, beside "primordial soup", and "you can't prove God", you will be taken seriously.

Until then, you are not very convincing.

Going to bed now ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19638 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that relevent to this thread?
Yes it is u fu kkin traitor!!....u seem to hate everthing West and love everything east, that said we have much ppl like u in my country.....to much if you ask me

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
rio

London, UK

#19639 Dec 28, 2013
Nordic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is u fu kkin traitor!!....u seem to hate everthing West and love everything east, that said we have much ppl like u in my country.....to much if you ask me
There is no East and West;there is ONE world for everyone.

Bigoted nationalism will have no place in future.

We will all be under Chinese hegemony by the end of this century...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19640 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no East and West;there is ONE world for everyone.
Bigoted nationalism will have no place in future.
We will all be under Chinese hegemony by the end of this century...
Wishful thinking, but ofcourse you love the chinese to...communist thugs
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19641 Dec 28, 2013
The communist along with the radical muslims world.....what a paradis to us Westerns.

I will fight this devils as best as i can....and i am not alone
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#19642 Dec 28, 2013
Nordic wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realise he's just trolling you right?

It's the only form of human contact he has.

You should see how stir crazy he went on christmas day when all the people with lives were doing something else.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19643 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang, contains the dimensions of space and time itself,
So, if you're seriously asking me "where did the Big Bang come from?" and expecting an answer, you need to think through the logic of your question.
Hint: Since the Big Bang contains the dimensions of space and time (and matter itself), asking "where" is a meaningless question.
There is no "where" before the Big Bang, because the dimensions are wrapped within it, and haden't unfolded yet.
Again, if you are serious about finding an answer that makes sense to you, study Physics.
Many Atheists are aware of the Big Bang theory through easily observable scientific evidence.
One early piece of evidence is the phenomenon in space known as 'red shift'.
As you can see, Atheists DO have the answers, but only if you are curious and work hard to understand them.
Atheism is not a belief as you can see, it takes a lot of hard work to understand why its a fact.
This looks like some on explaining "Trinity" in Simple language!!

Just moving around the circle and meaning nothing.

The basic question is "How Any thing can happen" in this universe, unless there be some doer?

So the existence and presence of God is self proven!!

Those who doubt it, should create some thing by chance and by itself!!

PS:

This test itself will show how unreasonable and illogical these so called Atheists are.
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19644 Dec 28, 2013
Maybe, he is a rot to me
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19645 Dec 28, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realise he's just trolling you right?
It's the only form of human contact he has.
You should see how stir crazy he went on christmas day when all the people with lives were doing something else.
Maybe, but as the Germans would say in the 40s...untermenchen

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#19646 Dec 29, 2013
Nordic wrote:
The communist along with the radical muslims world.....what a paradis to us Westerns.
I will fight this devils as best as i can....and i am not alone
Breivik must be your hero
Jim

London, UK

#19647 Dec 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The basic question is "How Any thing can happen" in this universe, unless there be some doer?
PS:
This test itself will show how unreasonable and illogical these so called Atheists are.
Study science then open your mouth ignorant religious fool.
Jim

London, UK

#19648 Dec 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
Ignorance has never been a point of view in an argument. Educate yourself instead of ridiculing the real world around you.

Since: Mar 12

Andheri, India

#19649 Dec 29, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everybody pretends to know all the answers as you seem to do.
It seems like you think that evolution was started by a God because of the fact that it seems to be an orderly process than a chaotic.However,considering the mammoth size of the universe and lack of evidences of life in the outer space it is inane to assume there is God.Just consider the fact there are billions of galaxies with billions of planets and stars.And what if we are the only one(all earthly living beings) living in the universe?All planets do not have physical conditions favoring life.At least most of them that we know don't.It is just that earth had everything in the right proportion that was needed for life to begin.So,there is a good chance that life on earth was a random fluke.
Your assumption of God would be further weakened if one considers the possibilities of multiple universes with different Gravitational constants.
One of the favorite Deist argument is that our Gravitational constant G is so accurately tuned that we have distinct planets and stars hence living had been possible here.
But what Deists don't consider is the possibility of different universes with different magnitude of G.And there is a scientific reason why it is considered as a strong possibility so don't think that it is just a random assumption to counter Deists' view.
In short,we do not know if there is a God or not.However,to assert there is a God one need to complement his assertion by showing evidences.You do not have to bring evidences for absence of something whose existence is doubted.
There is a possibility of God.But it is just a possibility.We atheists just don't want to bet on that possibility.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19650 Dec 29, 2013
Atheists believe in nothing, For Nothing is where the universe came from ! From nothing came everything ! I think it is far more logical to believe in a God than to believe in a scientific proven impossibility that is called "Nothing "
spider

Cambridge, UK

#19651 Dec 29, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has a beginning.
Yes indeed it does. Scientists, or to be more precise astronomers, have been studying the maelstrom of space for centuries. Modern telescopes and space probes have proven invaluable in the collection of data. there is evidence to show how planets and stars come in to existence, go through a life cycle over millennia, and then die. In the vastness that is space it would be foolish , even arrogant , to think that we may be the only life form that has ever been, or will ever be. The accepted view is , the big bang theory, and there is much to support this view, it may not be the first, or last time it will happen. After the bang, matter was flung out from the epicentre and continues to move outwards, when this matter collides and mixes with matter from similar universes then the build up towards a future big bang millions of light years away begins. It would be interesting to ask life from another planet or time if they believe, or ever believed in a creator,,, but in honesty we don't need to, there are plenty of life forms on this planet living out their lives in complete oblivion of such a notion,,, the greed, insecurities, evil and gullability of the human mind created, and perpetuates the idea of a god.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#19653 Dec 29, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have more argument on your side, beside "primordial soup", and "you can't prove God", you will be taken seriously.
Until then, you are not very convincing.
Going to bed now ...
Primordial soup is only part of the evidence,, amongst other things, the levels and mix of gasses and chemicals, distance from a sun, gravitational pull of a planets core all have a bearing on the existence of life.
trandiode

Walkley Heights, Australia

#19654 Dec 29, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed it does. Scientists, or to be more precise astronomers, have been studying the maelstrom of space for centuries. Modern telescopes and space probes have proven invaluable in the collection of data. there is evidence to show how planets and stars come in to existence, go through a life cycle over millennia, and then die. In the vastness that is space it would be foolish , even arrogant , to think that we may be the only life form that has ever been, or will ever be. The accepted view is , the big bang theory, and there is much to support this view, it may not be the first, or last time it will happen. After the bang, matter was flung out from the epicentre and continues to move outwards, when this matter collides and mixes with matter from similar universes then the build up towards a future big bang millions of light years away begins. It would be interesting to ask life from another planet or time if they believe, or ever believed in a creator,,, but in honesty we don't need to, there are plenty of life forms on this planet living out their lives in complete oblivion of such a notion,,, the greed, insecurities, evil and gullability of the human mind created, and perpetuates the idea of a god.
The big bang theory explains NOTHING ! For you to use science as an argument against a divine being you have to explain the whole of existence ! The big Bang Theory supposes that existence came from absolutely nothing, Yet Nothing does not exist it is only a mathematical concept ! So the big bang came from something ! So what was that ?
Jim

London, UK

#19655 Dec 29, 2013
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>The big bang theory explains NOTHING ! For you to use science as an argument against a divine being you have to explain the whole of existence !
The big Bang Theory supposes that existence came from absolutely nothing, Yet Nothing does not exist it is only a mathematical concept ! So the big bang came from something ! So what was that ?
When you dumb religious folk can find some evidence against the Big Bang theory, we're all ears.

Until then all you can do is lie about god and try to ignore scientific facts to protect your ego.
Jim

London, UK

#19656 Dec 29, 2013
trandiode wrote:
<quoted text>The big bang theory explains NOTHING ! For you to use science as an argument against a divine being you have to explain the whole of existence ! The big Bang Theory supposes that existence came from absolutely nothing, Yet Nothing does not exist it is only a mathematical concept ! So the big bang came from something ! So what was that ?
Scientific theories are based on observed evidence - things that can be measured again and again to prove they are real phenomenon.

Religion is based on a human written book of lies that is innacurate, hateful and misleading.

It is wrong on several facts, including the age of the earth and basic biology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min Flurtz3940 21,884
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Brian_G 23,701
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 4 hr Richardfs 5,730
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 5 hr IB DaMann 3
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr IB DaMann 258,050
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 21 hr IB DaMann 94
What are the best arguments against religion? 23 hr Richardfs 8
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Fri scientia potentia... 48,864
More from around the web