Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Jim

London, UK

#19610 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
And atheists are a funny bunch too.
They claim no one can prove God's existence, which is true.
Its not a claim its a fact - there's no god and religious liars have no evidence.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
When you question them how the universe came about, they say "evolution".
This is a nebulous answer that doesn't explain anything.
I suppose that "evolution" is their god! LOL
If you are happy and contented with simple, mindless & illogical one sentence answers to the universe, Atheism is not for you.

If however, you are curious about the complicated science behind why our universe is the way it is, then Science and Atheism will offer you endless insights based on hard observable evidence and facts from the mathematical beauty of nature.

And if you disbelief these insights, you are welcome to study the evidence yourself. Atheism doesn't ask you to believe in dead people coming back to life, or magic that turns water into wine.

Atheism is simply curiousity in the beauty of the world around you with the evidence based certainty that science provides.
Jim

London, UK

#19611 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
And atheists are a funny bunch too.
They claim no one can prove God's existence, which is true.
When you question them how the universe came about, they say "evolution".
This is a nebulous answer that doesn't explain anything.
I suppose that "evolution" is their god! LOL
Your god answer is shallow and hollow. To demonstrate Atheists need only ask one question to theist.

"Where did god come from? If you say everything has a creator, than what created god?"

And then we realise suddenly, that religious beliefs are just lies build on top this main lie about god.
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19614 Dec 28, 2013
Dud Fivers wrote:
<quoted text>you have been drinking again.
Dud ur spot on

and who havent been drinking again...afterall its christmas...lol
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19615 Dec 28, 2013
And as the true radical muslim rio is...he probarly dont drink
rio

London, UK

#19616 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang, contains the dimensions of space and time itself,
So, if you're seriously asking me "where did the Big Bang come from?" and expecting an answer, you need to think through the logic of your question.
Hint: Since the Big Bang contains the dimensions of space and time (and matter itself), asking "where" is a meaningless question.
There is no "where" before the Big Bang, because the dimensions are wrapped within it, and haden't unfolded yet.
Again, if you are serious about finding an answer that makes sense to you, study Physics.
Many Atheists are aware of the Big Bang theory through easily observable scientific evidence.
One early piece of evidence is the phenomenon in space known as 'red shift'.
As you can see, Atheists DO have the answers, but only if you are curious and work hard to understand them.
Atheism is not a belief as you can see, it takes a lot of hard work to understand why its a fact.
"Big Bang contains the dimensions of space and time and matter."

Not very convincing your stuff, is it?

If the atheists have all the answers, why so many scientists aren't atheist then?

I guess your BS didn't convince them either. LOL

Just accept that you have a problem with religion and "revelations" (so do I), but you don't have a clue about the origin of everything.
rio

London, UK

#19618 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a biological fact. Its an automatic process came from nothing,(or primordial soup if you want to be precise) just like we did.
Primordial soup !!! LOL

This gets better by the ,inute:

Zho zqs the cook§ Hq; hq; hq :::
rio

London, UK

#19622 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Primordial soup !!! LOL
This gets better by the ,inute:
Zho zqs the cook§ Hq; hq; hq :::
Who is the cook?
rio

London, UK

#19623 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
the mathematical beauty of nature.
What are you on?
rio

London, UK

#19624 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god answer is shallow and hollow. To demonstrate Atheists need only ask one question to theist.
"Where did god come from? If you say everything has a creator, than what created god?"
And then we realise suddenly, that religious beliefs are just lies build on top this main lie about god.
Not everybody pretends to know all the answers as you seem to do.
Jim

London, UK

#19625 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
"Big Bang contains the dimensions of space and time and matter."
Its not my *stuff*. Its a scientific theory. That means is based on observable evidence (things that are proven to be real)
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
If the atheists have all the answers,
Atheism is a simple disbelief in Religion, which claims to arrogantly "know all the answers"
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
why so many scientists aren't atheist then?
Actually most scientists are Atheist. The Royal Society is 95%+ Atheist.

Science is a broad field, it includes chemistry, biology & physics and even more within.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your BS didn't convince them either. LOL
Its foolish to call observable evidence BS, when its proven by its very nature - evidence based. Its a bit like denying you're a human being. Just a really Stupid claim to make.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Just accept that you have a problem with religion and "revelations" (so do I), but you don't have a clue about the origin of everything.
Atheism is a disbelief in religion.

We can tell that you're a religious liar because:

1. You have no evidence of god
2. You dismiss scientific facts as BS, when they are proven to be true.
3. You arrogantly dismiss Atheists, without being able to argue against any scientific facts.
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19626 Dec 28, 2013
Rio

You dont represent us Norht Europeians in your wiews regarding your policy!!!...nuff said
Jim

London, UK

#19627 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Primordial soup !!! LOL
The religious are the only people I've met that are happy not knowing something factual.
Jim

London, UK

#19628 Dec 28, 2013
Dud Fivers wrote:
<quoted text>amazing that this doofus has never heard of that. I doubt Darwin is allowed in his islamic household.
Its sort of sad that we have to argue with people who are allergic to education and knowledge.
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19629 Dec 28, 2013
Why not move to your lovings countryes like russia or norht corea?
Jim

London, UK

#19630 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the cook?
Hey look tard, its that thing you're ignorant about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primordial_soup
Nordic

Mosjøen, Norway

#19631 Dec 28, 2013
And what do your son tells you about Sweden?, as i know the Swedish hate the immigration, but theyr politicans mean otherwise...and i now more about Sweden than you do!!!
Jim

London, UK

#19632 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everybody pretends to know all the answers as you seem to do.
When you have some evidence to present or some arguments beyond "goddidit", you are welcome to leave your stupidity behind.
Jim

London, UK

#19633 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific facts don't care where you're stupid enough to ignore the or not.

Try ignoring gravity and see how far that gets you
rio

London, UK

#19634 Dec 28, 2013
Nordic wrote:
Rio
You dont represent us Norht Europeians in your wiews regarding your policy!!!...nuff said
I don't pretend to represent anyone !
rio

London, UK

#19635 Dec 28, 2013
Nordic wrote:
And what do your son tells you about Sweden?, as i know the Swedish hate the immigration, but theyr politicans mean otherwise...and i now more about Sweden than you do!!!
Is that relevent to this thread?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr Science 2,572
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Science 83,147
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Nov 14 Eagle 12 - 3,988
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web