Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

henry

Germany

#19587 Dec 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Yes, indeed they are deliberately lying.
To themselves, first and foremost.
And few have read the whole bible at one go-- without any special blinders on.
Because those that have? Almost always become atheists in the end.
Of course-- since it is pretty clear that once around the racetrack is all anyone ever gets, and that there are no soul-thingies to preserve our memories after we die?
Technically speaking,**everyone** loses all faith when they die-- just as they lose all thought process and so on-- when the brain goes, so too does the person.
So you could say, that everyone becomes an atheist in the end.
<heh>
This is not so bad at all.
Jim

London, UK

#19588 Dec 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just by calling names, you will not prove your case.
In fact the reverse is true, these deniers of God have no proof or logic with them them.
Just pure stupidity and nothing else.
I have no case to prove - Evolution is fact. Your god on the other hand - never been real, even you know this, otherwise you would not be in the Atheism forum...
Jim

London, UK

#19589 Dec 28, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchcraft in the sense that most people view it, is no more real than religion. The witch finder general of the protestant and catholic reformations, persecuted and murdered hundreds of people across Europe for little more than practising homeopathic medicines or using basic scientific approaches to problems, Those people may be referred to as white witches.The black witches made effigies and stuck pins in them or cast spells, often to frighten or control people,, regardless, both were persecuted by the church.
If by chance you should find yourself in Boscastle Cornwall, you might find it interesting to visit the witch museum,, some of the exhibits are hundreds of years old, the proprietor has received several death threats over the years,, just goes to show how fear takes control of gullible superstitious or simple folks minds,, just like the church.
Religion creates generations of hatred that are only just being undone. We are only just learning about church scandals in this generation - the tip of the iceberg - much more will be revealed as people leave religious fraud behind and wake up from their slumber
Jim

London, UK

#19590 Dec 28, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
To stay healthy without any liar Religion. Just get atheism. That is all men has Need in order to get a real life at all.
In the future they will teach children to maintain a healthy mind, by questioning illogical ideas and concepts.

This will create a more aware society, one that is free from the open manipulation of religion and religion-like organisations.
Jim

London, UK

#19591 Dec 28, 2013
For those that have found positive outcomes from religion, they will be educated about other means for a more genuine way of dealing with life events : eg loss, bereavment, relationships.

Instead of religion exploiting traumatic life events to selfishly increase their followers, we will find better ways to deal with the complexities of human emotions instead of misdirecting people towards imaginary deities.

It will be a better, more honest society without religion.
rio

Bromley, UK

#19592 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
- Evolution is fact....
Evolution has a beginning.
Jim

London, UK

#19593 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence for god, tons of evidence for Evolution

And here's the kicker - No evidence AGAINST Evolution!
Jim

London, UK

#19594 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you're about to tell me a theory based on no evidence involving scientifically impossible things.

Evolution started as simple chemical reactions.
rio

Bromley, UK

#19595 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you're about to tell me a theory based on no evidence involving scientifically impossible things.
Evolution started as simple chemical reactions.
Where the chemicals come from.

That's what I want you to tell me!
rio

Bromley, UK

#19596 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence for god, tons of evidence for Evolution
And here's the kicker - No evidence AGAINST Evolution!
I am not arguing against evolution, but evolution itself has an origin.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#19600 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the chemicals come from.
That's what I want you to tell me!
Scientist know where chemicals came from - the big bang.

Where did your made up god come from? Answer: Your own head.
Jim

London, UK

#19601 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not arguing against evolution, but evolution itself has an origin.
Evidence shows evolution comes from chemical processes.

If you are interested in learning more about Evolution, study a book or visit your local history museum.

When we ask the same questions about god, all we get is attacks and bullsh*t from the religious who know that they are lying about god.
Jim

London, UK

#19602 Dec 28, 2013
Dud Fivers wrote:
<quoted text>you wouldn't understand. It isn't in the Koran anyway. do you understand anything about quantum mechanics or string theory? do you know what a vacuum quantum fluctuation is?
He thinks the earth is 3000 years old. This stuff will just confuse the f outta him
Jim

London, UK

#19603 Dec 28, 2013
Dud Fivers wrote:
<quoted text>you wouldn't understand. It isn't in the Koran anyway. do you understand anything about quantum mechanics or string theory? do you know what a vacuum quantum fluctuation is?
Religious people just make up sh*t as they go along. And then cry when Atheist don't play pretend with them.

Can't they just leave 3% of the population alone? We don't want to play anymore.
rio

London, UK

#19604 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientist know where chemicals came from - the big bang.
Where did your made up god come from? Answer: Your own head.
The "big bang" just didn't come from nowhere.

I didn't make up God; I am still asking the question, but you can't give any answer.
rio

London, UK

#19605 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence shows evolution comes from chemical processes.
If you are interested in learning more about Evolution, study a book or visit your local history museum.
When we ask the same questions about god, all we get is attacks and bullsh*t from the religious who know that they are lying about god.
There is no evolution form "nothing".

You get no attack from me; I am quite happy to leave atheists alon if they do the same.
rio

London, UK

#19606 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks the earth is 3000 years old. This stuff will just confuse the f outta him
NoI don't.

Stop speculating about what I think.
rio

London, UK

#19607 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people just make up sh*t as they go along. And then cry when Atheist don't play pretend with them.
Can't they just leave 3% of the population alone? We don't want to play anymore.
And atheists are a funny bunch too.
They claim no one can prove God's existence, which is true.
When you question them how the universe came about, they say "evolution".
This is a nebulous answer that doesn't explain anything.
I suppose that "evolution" is their god! LOL
Jim

London, UK

#19608 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
The "big bang" just didn't come from nowhere.
I didn't make up God; I am still asking the question, but you can't give any answer.
The Big Bang, contains the dimensions of space and time itself,

So, if you're seriously asking me "where did the Big Bang come from?" and expecting an answer, you need to think through the logic of your question.

Hint: Since the Big Bang contains the dimensions of space and time (and matter itself), asking "where" is a meaningless question.

There is no "where" before the Big Bang, because the dimensions are wrapped within it, and haden't unfolded yet.

Again, if you are serious about finding an answer that makes sense to you, study Physics.

Many Atheists are aware of the Big Bang theory through easily observable scientific evidence.

One early piece of evidence is the phenomenon in space known as 'red shift'.

As you can see, Atheists DO have the answers, but only if you are curious and work hard to understand them.

Atheism is not a belief as you can see, it takes a lot of hard work to understand why its a fact.
Jim

London, UK

#19609 Dec 28, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evolution form "nothing".
You get no attack from me; I am quite happy to leave atheists alon if they do the same.
Evolution is a biological fact. Its an automatic process came from nothing,(or primordial soup if you want to be precise) just like we did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr IB DaMann 75,684
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Frindly 32,060
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Regolith Based Li... 4,084
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 6 hr Brendatucker 232
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 7 hr Subduction Zone 6,112
Majority of Scots now have no religion (May '16) Tue John 164
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) Tue Eagle 12 - 581
More from around the web