Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

Cambridge, UK

#19566 Dec 27, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
There could be discussions on "Models" which most religions have about God.....there are mistakes and errors in these models.
But to deny that there is no God at all is the stupidity of highest order.
Islamic concept of God and His attributes is the Most perfect and Most reasonable and Most logical and free from errors and mistakes that people of other religions inserted into it
Stupid is as stupid does.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#19567 Dec 27, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Did that happen recently?
Communism is a cancer still existing.
I am not saying religions were always peaceful, but atheism beat them by a long shot in terms of violence.
Russia no longer persecutes religious people. Meanwhile wars between Christians and Muslims are still frequent.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#19568 Dec 27, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Yes, indeed they are deliberately lying.
To themselves, first and foremost.
And few have read the whole bible at one go-- without any special blinders on.
Because those that have? Almost always become atheists in the end.
Of course-- since it is pretty clear that once around the racetrack is all anyone ever gets, and that there are no soul-thingies to preserve our memories after we die?
Technically speaking,**everyone** loses all faith when they die-- just as they lose all thought process and so on-- when the brain goes, so too does the person.
So you could say, that everyone becomes an atheist in the end.
True. It always made me laugh that religionists dismiss walking under ladders and witchcraft as superstition, but they can blather about 'Christ/Mohammed said' and the RC Church has a 'Chief exocist'. It's either hypocrisy or idiocy.

Jihad = crusade

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
spider

Cambridge, UK

#19569 Dec 27, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>True. It always made me laugh that religionists dismiss walking under ladders and witchcraft as superstition, but they can blather about 'Christ/Mohammed said' and the RC Church has a 'Chief exocist'. It's either hypocrisy or idiocy.
Jihad = crusade
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Witchcraft was demonised by the church as it didn't conform to their control methods.
Many of the churches annual celebrations and events were deliberately timed to coincide with pagan celebrations, and therefore over shadow. Christmas is as finer example as any, it was only ever about control.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19571 Dec 27, 2013
'WeAre' because I AM gives us that right. We are privileged because time science and place has favored some groups of people, made it difficult on others. The human mind has taken a long time to reach equality,fairness.'Equality's' still some ways off. MORE OF US WANT TO BE THE 'HAVES' than the 'HAVE NOTS'. EQUALITY NEEDS JUSTICE never mind law. We live as a 'civilized' nation UNDER GOD! I agree with MUQ as it's told as IT IS. I'm listening. You should, too.
Jim

London, UK

#19572 Dec 27, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
There could be discussions on "Models" which most religions have about God.....there are mistakes and errors in these models.
But to deny that there is no God at all is the stupidity of highest order.
Islamic concept of God and His attributes is the Most perfect and Most reasonable and Most logical and free from errors and mistakes that people of other religions inserted into it
Your stupidity lies in the fact that you don't realise you have no evidence of god. It is your poor education and understanding of science that makes you religious.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19573 Dec 27, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
It almost like religious people have been sitting there all this time, thinking that the burden of proof was on atheists - due to stupidity. hope to it.
That is exactly what they expect of us, time and time again. They also expect science to prove to their satisfaction that the non-existent, is in fact non-existent. Yeah, science really should step up and spend beaucoup moolah, proving the absence of fairies and leprechauns too.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19574 Dec 27, 2013
How can GOD be proven when HE's in control. The Blessed Mary apparition at Fatima is good proof for many, hey, but for others NOTHING is accepted nor will it ever. I

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19575 Dec 27, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
How can GOD be proven when HE's in control. The Blessed Mary apparition at Fatima is good proof for many, hey, but for others NOTHING is accepted nor will it ever. I
So not being there is actually the proof of him being there?
Jim

London, UK

#19576 Dec 28, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchcraft was demonised by the church as it didn't conform to their control methods.
Many of the churches annual celebrations and events were deliberately timed to coincide with pagan celebrations, and therefore over shadow. Christmas is as finer example as any, it was only ever about control.
Witchcraft isn't real - The church was predjuced against single women with cats - religion has always been hateful and its mostly directed at women because of sexual ignorance.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19577 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the idiot with no proof of god and who denies the fact of evolution
Just by calling names, you will not prove your case.

In fact the reverse is true, these deniers of God have no proof or logic with them them.

Just pure stupidity and nothing else.
Jim

London, UK

#19578 Dec 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact the reverse is true, these deniers of God have no proof or logic with them them.
Its because you are a coward that you cannot produce any evidence of god, and ask Atheists to prove what is already concluded from established facts.
Jim

London, UK

#19579 Dec 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the fault of Atheism that you did not educate yourself about science or evolution.
Jim

London, UK

#19580 Dec 28, 2013
We live in the age of the internet and libraryies where you can educate yourself instead of ask Atheists stupid questions.

Science is BIG it takes a lot of time to study, but your arrogance aside and get a brain.
Jim

London, UK

#19581 Dec 28, 2013
Not only does science measure and test, where religion fails to, science will measure by what degree religion has failed to accurately descirbe the universe.

Science allows us to throw out ridiculous concepts like omnipotence & other mad magic invented by religious liars.

Religion is frightened of science because it is based on observational evidence - and every religious liars know there is nothing to observe, when conducting religous deceit.
spider

Ely, UK

#19582 Dec 28, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchcraft isn't real - The church was predjuced against single women with cats - religion has always been hateful and its mostly directed at women because of sexual ignorance.
Witchcraft in the sense that most people view it, is no more real than religion. The witch finder general of the protestant and catholic reformations, persecuted and murdered hundreds of people across Europe for little more than practising homeopathic medicines or using basic scientific approaches to problems, Those people may be referred to as white witches.The black witches made effigies and stuck pins in them or cast spells, often to frighten or control people,, regardless, both were persecuted by the church.
If by chance you should find yourself in Boscastle Cornwall, you might find it interesting to visit the witch museum,, some of the exhibits are hundreds of years old, the proprietor has received several death threats over the years,, just goes to show how fear takes control of gullible superstitious or simple folks minds,, just like the church.
jacktheladat1

Belfast, UK

#19583 Dec 28, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is always refreshing. Thnx for sharing.
henry

Germany

#19584 Dec 28, 2013
spudgun wrote:
Plus, the thought of christians/ muslims on their knees going baaa is funny too :)
Why not forgetting any Religion and changing to atheism?
henry

Germany

#19585 Dec 28, 2013
Don5163 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have the power to put yurself on the same level with God. And as I've said before; by faith and by faith alone shall you enter the gates of Paradise. I feel sorry for you because you don't have a chance.
Forget that .liars Religion and go to atheism as a scientific base. Your life would be real.
henry

Germany

#19586 Dec 28, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Yes, indeed they are deliberately lying.
To themselves, first and foremost.
And few have read the whole bible at one go-- without any special blinders on.
Because those that have? Almost always become atheists in the end.
Of course-- since it is pretty clear that once around the racetrack is all anyone ever gets, and that there are no soul-thingies to preserve our memories after we die?
Technically speaking,**everyone** loses all faith when they die-- just as they lose all thought process and so on-- when the brain goes, so too does the person.
So you could say, that everyone becomes an atheist in the end.
<heh>
To stay healthy without any liar Religion. Just get atheism. That is all men has Need in order to get a real life at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... 9 min Une petite Francaise 11
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 15 min ChristineM 10,354
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 26 min ChristineM 552
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 30 min Brian_G 20,302
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Thinking 348
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 445
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 hr ChristineM 21,405
More from around the web