Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#19442 Dec 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I know 100% there is no all powerful compassionate god because there is evidence of avoidable suffering....
<quoted text>
Exactly
LCNLin

United States

#19443 Dec 23, 2013
UK News

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Catch Train To Sandringham For Christmas Holiday

The monarch donned a houndstooth coat

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh surprised commuters at London's King Cross when they took the train to Kings Lynn for their annual festive break to Sandringham this week.

They didn't take the train like us normal folk- they were driven all the way up the platform, right to the door of their first class carriage. As you do.

Commuters were apparently gobsmacked when they realised why they weren't allowed to pass through ticket barriers. They soon figured out that they were travelling with royalty when the official car pottered along besides the train.

Never fear, the Queen paid for the train tickets in advance using her senior railcard. Very economical.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19444 Dec 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... the excrement certainly is...
LMAO!
You are a low-grade moron, obviously.
THANK YOU! It's an insult I deserve for being so sure about the Divine Presence. I love HIM so. Anything in this world couldn't possibly reach the richness, the fullness and the happiness I feel from HIM.HE MADE ME WHO I AM. and that keeps me going. LOVE is all around. You have to open your mind and HEART to sense IT. It's worth it. There's a Light nothing nor anything, not anyone turns off.
No 'wasted' talk, it's Christmas! Have a MERRY One.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19445 Dec 23, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>THANK YOU! It's an insult I deserve for being so sure about the Divine Presence. I love HIM so. Anything in this world couldn't possibly reach the richness, the fullness and the happiness I feel from HIM.HE MADE ME WHO I AM. and that keeps me going. LOVE is all around. You have to open your mind and HEART to sense IT. It's worth it. There's a Light nothing nor anything, not anyone turns off.
No 'wasted' talk, it's Christmas! Have a MERRY One.
I'm so sorry for your loss of sanity.

Its is a most unfortunate waste of a human life.

Sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#19446 Dec 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
UK News
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh Catch Train To Sandringham For Christmas Holiday
The monarch donned a houndstooth coat
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh surprised commuters at London's King Cross when they took the train to Kings Lynn for their annual festive break to Sandringham this week.
They didn't take the train like us normal folk- they were driven all the way up the platform, right to the door of their first class carriage. As you do.
Commuters were apparently gobsmacked when they realised why they weren't allowed to pass through ticket barriers. They soon figured out that they were travelling with royalty when the official car pottered along besides the train.
Never fear, the Queen paid for the train tickets in advance using her senior railcard. Very economical.
More creationist news from the busboy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

London, UK

#19447 Dec 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry for your loss of sanity.
Its is a most unfortunate waste of a human life.
Sad.
Another damaged brain from religion. When will they learn?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19448 Dec 23, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, he is also brain-damaged from excessive illicit drug use...

... between the two? It's a wonder he has sufficient brains left to remember to breathe when he's over-stressed by the "complexity" of ... walking.

I suspect he often passes out from forgetting.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19449 Dec 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Simple: the 100%**lack** of evidence is more than ample proof that there are no such thing as gods.
It's the missing elephant in the room.
But I doubt you can comprehend why that is more than adequate proof.
How you say there is "lack" of 100 % evidence of the presence of God?

If you see a thing existing in front of you, it MUST have some one who made it. Is this not AMPLE proof?

Either things created themselves or they came by chance. There is no third option.

Both these options are without any Proofs!!

I feel sorry at the "depth" of your knowledge, nothing else.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19450 Dec 23, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is
1) when we ask you for evidence about the god you lied about, you don't have any
2) The explaination you give for your god is nothing short of psychotic
3) Evolution is a fact which you idiots deny and don't even understand.
There's the evidence that there's no god.
Now, its your turn, you need to:
1) Present evidnce of the god you're lying about
2) Present valid proof, not some stupid philosophical bullsh*t
3) Present valid evidence against evolution based on facts and evidence.
See? No religious person can do this and this is why they are all liars, just like Einstein said.
It is YOU who has to bring proofs that things created themselves or that they came by chance.

It is YOU who are denying reason and logic by asking us to bring proofs.

If you look at things in this universe, there are Billions upon Billions of proofs of God's Existence, but you have to OPEN your eyes first!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19451 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you see a thing existing in front of you, it MUST have some one who made it. Is this not AMPLE proof?
No.

You are operating under a false idea that everything has to be created.

It doesn't.

Quantum-mechanics proves this very well-- many events are un-caused, and therefore, have no creator.

So right off the bat?

Your claim is flawed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Hatch, NM

#19452 Dec 23, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
damaged brain from religion? not even. Taking the easy road answer, AGAIN.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19453 Dec 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Either things created themselves or they came by chance. There is no third option.
Following your own argument one would infer that your God also must have been created if he has been existing..
Why do you think that things are necessarily created by a conscious being?Your argument doesn't hold any philosophical merit unless you're talking about the intelligent design.
There is no need to prove that things had came by chance as you don't need to explain something that happens randomly esp. when there is no proof of God.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19454 Dec 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is YOU who has to bring proofs that things created themselves or that they came by chance.
If you look at things in this universe, there are Billions upon Billions of proofs of God's Existence, but you have to OPEN your eyes first!!
You've been saying this since the beginning but you have yet to come up with one of those zillion proofs.
Jim

London, UK

#19457 Dec 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence of god. If god is real what made god? No evidence of that either. Welcome to reality.
Jim

London, UK

#19458 Dec 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the idiots that invented god, you need to prove it instead of asking the same question back to atheists like a moronic monkey that doesnt understand logic.
Jim

London, UK

#19459 Dec 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof has always lied upon, well the liar. In this case all religious liars.
LCNLin

United States

#19460 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#19461 Dec 24, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence of god. If god is real what made god? No evidence of that either. Welcome to reality.
God is Energy and it created the Lord, Gods wife. Isaiah 54:5 "For thy Maker is thine husband..." The Lord in the flesh is called the Messiah or "anointed one". There will probably be a marriage ceremony. Our sun is the source of Energy for the universe and it's called the "bridegroom". Isaiah 19:4-5. "But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces..." Daniel 11:38.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#19462 Dec 24, 2013
*Psalm 19:4-5

Hatch, NM

#19463 Dec 24, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
me too! those are the traditional Holiday Greetings since our desperate scramble to discard CHRIST from that Holy Nativity Night, followed by a Happy Family Day. Not even: The Babe was born to bring GOOD TIDINGS TO THE WORLD, tidings of joy, love, happiness, no dishing out despair. nor gloom. Let's share the joy of Christmas with everyone, YOU, maker yourself happy tonight and not at the expense of others but YOU, yourself be the Santa expected by the few, penniless, homeless found around the corner. Let those gifts from you to them be a sincere wish for joy. If you have a heart that beats, get with it and enjoy the TIMES of the Season. Look forward to the NewYear. Remember YOU, take carel Someone looks after us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Subduction Zone 70,278
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Subduction Zone 30,189
News Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 6 hr John 70,630
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr John 14,734
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr Paul Scott 3,800
How To Get To Heaven When You Die 6 hr Eagle 12 87
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr Eagle 12 258,473
More from around the web