Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,490

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19406 Dec 21, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic trolls can't accept facts because they are arrogant and willfully ignorant.
Indeed they are.

They cling to their delusions as if it were life itself.

It's truly sad.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19407 Dec 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Unlike the wahabis and shiites I know fantasy when I see it.
<quoted text>
What is meaning of this cryptic message, might I ask?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19408 Dec 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is meaning of this cryptic message, might I ask?
Only people who are either extremely stupid or people who have been literally brainwashed, would consider islam to be ... at all reasonable.
LCNLin

United States

#19409 Dec 21, 2013
Internet Atheists cannot come to terms with the fact that the claim of the nonexistence of deities is a belief.

Instead, Internet Atheists claim that atheism is a lack of belief which is actually agnosticism.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#19410 Dec 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Internet Atheists cannot come to terms with the fact that the claim of the nonexistence of deities is a belief.
Instead, Internet Atheists claim that atheism is a lack of belief which is actually agnosticism.
Most of the atheists do not reject the possibility of God.In fact,most of the Atheists are "agnostic atheists".Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.
The remaining small percent of atheists are convinced that there is no God or any super-intelligent creator of the universe by their own logic.
However, All Atheists concur on rejection of religions and their "Gods" as they are simply BS and figments of imagination.The miracles,prophecies and the unreasonable fettering of people and denial of personal freedom in the name of sins are the main reasons why we find Religion repugnant

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19411 Dec 21, 2013
Believing in God makes better sense

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#19412 Dec 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Real fact atheism isn't a belief and you don't know anything about atheism

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#19413 Dec 21, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Nope

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#19414 Dec 21, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
You can always believe in God by not believing in any religion.can't you?But it is the most difficult part for theists as they wouldn't even have believed in God if there had been no religion.
Jim

London, UK

#19416 Dec 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Nobody is listening to your religious propoganda LCN. Find another forum to fail at.
rio

London, UK

#19417 Dec 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Correct.

Afirmation or denial is a belief.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19418 Dec 22, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
There's no more evidence for Abrahamic gods or any of these than for fairies or pixies....
godchecker.com
Believing in pixies does not make any sense. Religion is parent-given, not god-given.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
It's obvious! Now grow-up and get over it.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19419 Dec 22, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Ignores the fact that a neutral stance is the starting point for any proposition. Belief in pixies is not as equally as reasonable as disbelief. Russell's teapot...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell 's_teapot
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19420 Dec 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
You're the evangelist trolling the athieism forum for years who can't accept the obvious fact that religion is as superstitious as beliefs in witchcraft or voodoo.

Jonny Eve explains.....
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

I think people like me simply keep you from going completely overboard. Religious nutters a bane to humanity.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#19421 Dec 22, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
not collecting stamps is a hobby

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19422 Dec 22, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
There are so many to choose from, how did you choose yours?
Jim

London, UK

#19423 Dec 22, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Why are you idiots trying to redefine atheism again? Atheism is a disbelief in religious liars like you who have no evidence of god, its that simple.
LCNLin

United States

#19424 Dec 22, 2013
If evangelical atheists believed in nothing

then they would have nothing to say in the first place.

Internet Atheists trolls cannot come to terms with the fact that the claim of the nonexistence of deities is a belief.

MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19428 Dec 22, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you idiots trying to redefine atheism again? Atheism is a disbelief in religious liars like you who have no evidence of god, its that simple.
What evidence YOU have, that there is no God?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19429 Dec 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence YOU have, that there is no God?
Simple: the 100%**lack** of evidence is more than ample proof that there are no such thing as gods.

It's the missing elephant in the room.

But I doubt you can comprehend why that is more than adequate proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Dogen 14,401
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Thinking 273
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 1 hr Thinking 37
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 1 hr Thinking 17
God' existence 1 hr Thinking 152
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr Thinking 291
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Thinking 2,836
More from around the web