Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23869 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#19418 Dec 22, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Believing in God makes better sense
There's no more evidence for Abrahamic gods or any of these than for fairies or pixies....
godchecker.com
Believing in pixies does not make any sense. Religion is parent-given, not god-given.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
It's obvious! Now grow-up and get over it.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#19419 Dec 22, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Afirmation or denial is a belief.
Ignores the fact that a neutral stance is the starting point for any proposition. Belief in pixies is not as equally as reasonable as disbelief. Russell's teapot...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell 's_teapot
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#19420 Dec 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Internet Atheists cannot come to terms with the fact that the claim of the nonexistence of deities is a belief.
Instead, Internet Atheists claim that atheism is a lack of belief which is actually agnosticism.
You're the evangelist trolling the athieism forum for years who can't accept the obvious fact that religion is as superstitious as beliefs in witchcraft or voodoo.

Jonny Eve explains.....
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

I think people like me simply keep you from going completely overboard. Religious nutters a bane to humanity.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#19421 Dec 22, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
not collecting stamps is a hobby

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19422 Dec 22, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Believing in God makes better sense
There are so many to choose from, how did you choose yours?
Jim

Stanmore, UK

#19423 Dec 22, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Why are you idiots trying to redefine atheism again? Atheism is a disbelief in religious liars like you who have no evidence of god, its that simple.
LCNLin

United States

#19424 Dec 22, 2013
If evangelical atheists believed in nothing

then they would have nothing to say in the first place.

Internet Atheists trolls cannot come to terms with the fact that the claim of the nonexistence of deities is a belief.

Instead, Internet Atheists claim that atheism is a lack of belief which is actually agnosticism.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19428 Dec 22, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you idiots trying to redefine atheism again? Atheism is a disbelief in religious liars like you who have no evidence of god, its that simple.
What evidence YOU have, that there is no God?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19429 Dec 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple: the 100%**lack** of evidence is more than ample proof that there are no such thing as gods.

It's the missing elephant in the room.

But I doubt you can comprehend why that is more than adequate proof.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19430 Dec 22, 2013
the elephant in the room is there. Your self-aggrandizement keeps you from acknowledging the presence of God almighty in all of us. LIFE is given to us so much more. More opportunities to progress than is given to any other animal for we are created in the 'image' of the ONE God. You set the one brain you have in overdrive. Be still, look and, THINK.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19431 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence of God's existence and hence there is a strong possibility that there is no God at all.To prove something's absence is not required unless various scientific /logical facts and sources supports its presence with only empirical evidences being left furnished.
Your God and your heroes(prophets) look like super comic characters in your scriptures as there is no explanation/evidences as to if they ever existed and conjured up various miracles as mentioned in your holy books.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19432 Dec 23, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
the elephant in the room is there. Your self-aggrandizement keeps you from acknowledging the presence of God almighty in all of us. LIFE is given to us so much more. More opportunities to progress than is given to any other animal for we are created in the 'image' of the ONE God. You set the one brain you have in overdrive. Be still, look and, THINK.
Well... the excrement certainly is...

LMAO!

You are a low-grade moron, obviously.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#19433 Dec 23, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Too bad God has never saw fit to make himself visible.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#19434 Dec 23, 2013
I know 100% there is no all powerful compassionate god because there is evidence of avoidable suffering.

If any god is ever shown to exist, I will oppose it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
LCNLin

United States

#19435 Dec 23, 2013
Issue of free will vs determinism ?
Jim

London, UK

#19436 Dec 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Internet Atheists trolls cannot come to terms with the fact that the claim of the nonexistence of deities is a belief.
The word EVANGELICAL is strictly a Religious word. Nice try, but Fail.
Jim

London, UK

#19438 Dec 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Atheism is a simple disbelief in pathetic religious liars like yourself. Good luck trying to redefine.

Almost as stupid at Atheists trying to redifine religion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19439 Dec 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I know 100% there is no all powerful compassionate god because there is evidence of avoidable suffering.
If any god is ever shown to exist, I will oppose it.
<quoted text>
I have to agree, here.

Dying babies is 100% proof of no **caring** deities of any sort.

End of story.
Jim

London, UK

#19440 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is

1) when we ask you for evidence about the god you lied about, you don't have any
2) The explaination you give for your god is nothing short of psychotic
3) Evolution is a fact which you idiots deny and don't even understand.

There's the evidence that there's no god.

Now, its your turn, you need to:

1) Present evidnce of the god you're lying about
2) Present valid proof, not some stupid philosophical bullsh*t
3) Present valid evidence against evolution based on facts and evidence.

See? No religious person can do this and this is why they are all liars, just like Einstein said.
Jim

London, UK

#19441 Dec 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
The conversation exists, because theists wer stupid enough to antagonise atheists, by calling them all fools in their rag bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 14,942
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 5 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 31
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,513
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 13 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,484
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Regolith Based Li... 35,186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 3,712
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 7 hr Thinking 157
More from around the web