Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23583 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19338 Dec 16, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an inherent problem with you theists.When you do not have the answer for the questions that you've been asked you will come up with personal attacks as a last resort.No one will doubt something which is obvious.
Why can't you accept the fact that Islam is just a belief and not an irrefutable truth?If you could prove Islam right,you would be coming up with facts that answer every queries in our minds.Your insipid posts only evince the fact that your faith is not based on reason.
You discuss with some one who has a reasonable mind and a logical way to discuss.

To just raising objections is not called a discussion. When I invited you to discuss qualities of True prophet of God, you did not take any interest in it and went on raising futile doubts.

There is no one in the world who can answer ALL queries, especially those expressing DOUBT about every thing.

best way is to leave such persons alone, and that is what I suggested in your case.

There is no personal attack, why should I attack you personally when I even do not know you. Your name is real or fictitious , I do not know.

Islam is True religion of God on face of this earth, Islam is the religion of all prophets of God.Car
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19339 Dec 16, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here's the thing.
Some names are remembered down through the ages - Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Augustus Caesar, Ramses, Zheng He, Charlemagne, Saladin and so forth.
Just because Mohammed is still known only means he had an impact on the world.
Whether he was a divine prophet or just an excellent, lying politician/general depends on which side you are on.
That you choose to idolize a person (or more accurately, the person you wish him to be) so much to demi-god status does not make them a prophet.
NONE of these people whom you named are relevant or known by large number of people.

They live only in history books and some experts who specialize in these matters.

It is only prophets of God and men of religion, who get an "everlasting life", their names and their teachings live in the heart of millions. That is a part of their "earthly reward"...and their real reward is from their Lord and Creator.

We Muslims never ever raise the level of our prophet to demi-god, or whatever that term means. He is a Prophet of God and we obey him and his sayings as such.

Any one who has least knowledge about religious matters, knows who are prophets of God and our prophet is the Last and Final members in that long chain, which started with Adam and ended on him.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#19341 Dec 17, 2013
I know mohammed was a paedophile.
That alone is enough of a reason to reject islam as a sick joke.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
NONE of these people whom you named are relevant or known by large number of people.
They live only in history books and some experts who specialize in these matters.
It is only prophets of God and men of religion, who get an "everlasting life", their names and their teachings live in the heart of millions. That is a part of their "earthly reward"...and their real reward is from their Lord and Creator.
We Muslims never ever raise the level of our prophet to demi-god, or whatever that term means. He is a Prophet of God and we obey him and his sayings as such.
Any one who has least knowledge about religious matters, knows who are prophets of God and our prophet is the Last and Final members in that long chain, which started with Adam and ended on him.

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19342 Dec 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You discuss with some one who has a reasonable mind and a logical way to discuss.
To just raising objections is not called a discussion. When I invited you to discuss qualities of True prophet of God, you did not take any interest in it and went on raising futile doubts.
There is no one in the world who can answer ALL queries, especially those expressing DOUBT about every thing.
best way is to leave such persons alone, and that is what I suggested in your case.
There is no personal attack, why should I attack you personally when I even do not know you. Your name is real or fictitious , I do not know.
Islam is True religion of God on face of this earth, Islam is the religion of all prophets of God.Car
Everybody else on this forum has been raising doubts about your extraordinary claims.If it was just me,you would have been seen clearing people's doubts and concluding every discussion conclusively.Doubts are always in discussions pertaining to events/people whose veracity is questioned.Your religion's authenticity is questioned.
Recapitulate your post on qualities of prophets and let's see if there is anything worth discussing about it.I had been absent on Topix for few days and that is why I couldn't continue that discussion.
But I had asked you the question that who set the benchmarks that would help one to identify a real prophet.You did promise me you that would explain as you get finished by those posts but you remained silent.And I also asked that how to know if the supposed prophet's messages are indeed God's messages as you said "Prophet's speak God's words" .You didn't answer.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19343 Dec 17, 2013
EdSed wrote:
This is the sort of gibberish that religion induces in some people....
<quoted text>Better to be rational.
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Religion is outdated rubbish. There's no such thing as gods or pixies.
You are so rightful!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19344 Dec 17, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You have sinned.
Just by being born.
You already have a first strike against you in court because, by no fault of your own, you live.
Original Sin is actually an interesting trap laid down by Christians.
So much so that the Catholics had to invoke a very, very rare occurrence of the Papal Infallibility doctrine that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, was born without Original Sin so her womb could be a perfect vessel to incubate the Son of God.
You should see now that Mary was a Super Virgin worthy of comic books Heroines or, more fantastical, Jack Chick tracts.
Now whether she still had to sleep on the wet spot is not recorded.
All religions are criminial!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19345 Dec 17, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am beginning to understand the Bible.
You cannot pull individual quotes out of it to support whatever argument you wish to make today.
And to understand what Jesus was saying considering your main audience, you first need to learn to be a Jew.
When you understand that, you can start to understand Islam.
And after you've spent all that time doing that, you may then wonder... is this is just a battle of egos and semantics for power?
And in all that time, you could have learned how to play the Moonlight Sonata on the piano or a myriad of other things to bring joy to the world.
The bible is a conglomerate of many different fakes by riches and mighty man.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19346 Dec 17, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am beginning to understand the Bible.
You cannot pull individual quotes out of it to support whatever argument you wish to make today.
And to understand what Jesus was saying considering your main audience, you first need to learn to be a Jew.
When you understand that, you can start to understand Islam.
And after you've spent all that time doing that, you may then wonder... is this is just a battle of egos and semantics for power?
And in all that time, you could have learned how to play the Moonlight Sonata on the piano or a myriad of other things to bring joy to the world.
The bible is not a real book but many mighty one have faked it.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19347 Dec 17, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You have sinned.
Just by being born.
You already have a first strike against you in court because, by no fault of your own, you live.
Original Sin is actually an interesting trap laid down by Christians.
So much so that the Catholics had to invoke a very, very rare occurrence of the Papal Infallibility doctrine that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, was born without Original Sin so her womb could be a perfect vessel to incubate the Son of God.
You should see now that Mary was a Super Virgin worthy of comic books Heroines or, more fantastical, Jack Chick tracts.
Now whether she still had to sleep on the wet spot is not recorded.
What a silly idea Religion is forcing on uneducated People!melly socks
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19348 Dec 17, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
my name is blowing in the wind under a WALMART ad. It's TIME for SANTA CLAWS
He never existed at all.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19349 Dec 17, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I'm past trying to reason with religionists on here. I had to laugh when one 'explained to me' that religion isn't based on reason. He called me stupid for 'not knowing that'- as if I didn't know! Talk about slow, lol!
Skeptic might have been unduly rude, but he was definitely bright 'n' right compared to 'our' religionists. I just think it's helpful to keep stating the obvious for the benefit of those who think religion isn't harmful. They see no wrong in it despite the child abuse, exorcisms and corruption in the RC Church; school segregation; religious courts; Zionisim; Islamism; Creationism; and the detriment to critical thinking that any superstition is, religious or otherwise.
Perhaps its best not to leave these boards entirely in the hands of the superstitious, the deluded and the mentally defective; and it is so easy to demolish religious faith. I think it persists as a legacy of human development (like 'revelation', witchcraft and Voodoo) and partly due to the human phenomenon Hans Christian Anderson observed when he wrote about the Emperor with no clothes - sometimes one just have to stand back and ask what's really happening. The community of ideas of 7 billion people can only be adjusted over time even with modern communications, 24/7 media, social media and the Internet.
In the atomic Age People have passed the survival of mankind.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19350 Dec 17, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Have mercy on who?
From what I see, you are the one most in need of mercy from your God.
Here's a hint - "I was just following orders" isn't an excuse any more.
In our times Religion is wasting costly lifetime.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19352 Dec 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I know mohammed was a paedophile.
That alone is enough of a reason to reject islam as a sick joke.
<quoted text>
Thank you very much for your analysis.

You should be called as Second Einstein of the world!!
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#19353 Dec 17, 2013
Don't you know that child abuse is wrong, even when it is committed by a prophet?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cotton Club

United States

#19354 Dec 18, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
For sure. Religion has just about run it's course. The only thing it has ever been good for is starting wars. To think that people still throw money at all those azzclown preachers is nothing short of astounding.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19355 Dec 18, 2013
Cotton Club wrote:
<quoted text> For sure. Religion has just about run it's course. The only thing it has ever been good for is starting wars. To think that people still throw money at all those azzclown preachers is nothing short of astounding.
The rate of decline is interesting - this from a link provided by MrDesoto1 on another thread.....
Quote from:
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/NewsRoom/Har...

Religious texts as "Word of God"

Just under half of Americans believe that all or most of the Old Testament (49%) and the New Testament (48%) are the "Word of God," representing declines of six percentage points each from 2008 findings.

Prevalence of "Religious" self-identification

Just under two in ten Americans (19%) describe themselves are "very" religious, with an additional four in ten (40%) describing themselves as "somewhat" religious (40%, down from 49% in 2007). Nearly one-fourth of Americans (23%) identify themselves as "not at all" religious - a figure that has nearly doubled since 2007, when it was at 12%.
Unquote.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#19356 Dec 18, 2013
Thank you Saudi Arabia for indoctrinating another generation of wahabi losers in the sub-continent. It's going to take a generation to deprogramme them.
Cotton Club wrote:
<quoted text> For sure. Religion has just about run it's course. The only thing it has ever been good for is starting wars. To think that people still throw money at all those azzclown preachers is nothing short of astounding.
jacktheladat1

Sheffield, UK

#19357 Dec 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does that leave you?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19358 Dec 18, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Where does that leave you?
Where he started, a superstitious, dogmatic religionist with no evidence for what he believes to be true other than idle and stubborn faith.

He also failed to unconditionally condemn the shooting of Malala Y (when she was 14) or the marriage of young girls below the age of 16 - despite the fact that many Muslims disagree with him. He's a true Islamist - worse than merely Islamic. He is anti-democratic and anti-secular in his comments. Perhaps other religionists should consider the company they keep if they really want a free world. One cannot undermine one superstition (Islam) while trying to maintain another (Christianity or Judaism). Religion is all man-made gumph.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19359 Dec 18, 2013
Wake up from your self-induced stupor. Look at life for what it is: the letter 'F' belongs in the word as well, without it becoming a 'lie' which God never intended as the Bible tells me so. You really don't need the Bible if you live with no 'v' as with no 'f'. The 'G', (no strings attached, comes to thee) will RESCUE you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 243,562
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Eagle 12 9,547
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) 7 hr The_Box 522
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 16 hr USaWarringIDIOTSo... 6,224
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Mon TC_Tia 14,656
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Mon MikeF 19,806
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... Jul 4 Amused 2
More from around the web