Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 913)

Showing posts 18,241 - 18,260 of20,835
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"And nobody *ever* escaped poverty using **religion**."
Usual collection of generalizations unsupported by documentation?
Of course they have, those people are8889888 preachers.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

correction to above: those people are called preachers
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
I am trying to say that prophets shouldn't have been trusted since there was no first hand knowledge as to if they were chosen by God or not.
Prophet were the most honest people of their times and every one interacting with them knew that they were telling the truth.

You have not studied the qualities of True Prophets of God, which I presented to you.

People who rejected true prophets of God and those who reject them even now, KNOW that they are rejecting them.

It is an act of their choice and they will be answerable to their Creator for making the wrong choice.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Hogwash!! Death eventually approaches all of us and too late you realize you're wrong, were wrong all your wasted life. Desolation begins no more YOU, Death be not proud, IT got you.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prophet were the most honest people of their times and every one interacting with them knew that they were telling the truth.
You have not studied the qualities of True Prophets of God, which I presented to you.
People who rejected true prophets of God and those who reject them even now, KNOW that they are rejecting them.
It is an act of their choice and they will be answerable to their Creator for making the wrong choice.
MUQ,Honesty of a person can never be judged until you have personally met them and know him or her very well.
The description of your prophet that you had given was quite vague in its own way.But I must admit that you had brought one good point which could be certainly considered as a quality of a person having higher moral values and holding integrity.
The point was that prophets were and had no stigma over their characters before their designated as prophets by the supposed God.What I doubt is the authenticity of this very description.
The people who describe prophets and put them in positive light are always found to be their followers.There is no third party from the times of your prophet seem to have left a note in favour of your prophet.In other words,nobody from a different community had been vouching for your prophet's honesty and his divine qualities during his lifetime.
Secondly, the descriptions of prophets from people like you could be one of the following: They are either made up or based on the informations from their religious doctrines.
If one were to consider the second possibility, one would never reach a conclusion or draw inference as they would end up moving in circles.
When the authenticity of Quran is questioned,Muslims point out to your beloved prophet as if he were a epitome of virtuosity and his honesty was unquestionable.Conversely,when Muslims are asked to verify the veracity of their prophet words they point to Quran or the biography of Muhammad that was written by Muslims themselves.
Since Muslims move in circles,their words cannot be trusted.
I was even asking for the proof for existence of Jesus.Instead of citing to veracious sources you would come up with emotional arguments.This is why,I put a halt to that discussion.
Please come up with good sensible arguments.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

LuzAranda wrote:
greymouser YOU are a piece of excrement yourself May God have mercy.
Have mercy on who?

From what I see, you are the one most in need of mercy from your God.

Here's a hint - "I was just following orders" isn't an excuse any more.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not sin and murder is a grievous sin. I don't believe the OT is perfect and the Messiah will act upon what is in her heart. The breaking of scripture is the fulfillment of scripture. The flying roll (my diary) said, "I broke my heel, they wanted to put it in a cast, but I wouldn't let them". I've actually never broken a bone, Psalm 34:20 and I just bruised my heel but that "scripture" means something. Something is broken but that doesn't mean everything in the future is all broken together.
You have sinned.

Just by being born.

You already have a first strike against you in court because, by no fault of your own, you live.

Original Sin is actually an interesting trap laid down by Christians.

So much so that the Catholics had to invoke a very, very rare occurrence of the Papal Infallibility doctrine that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, was born without Original Sin so her womb could be a perfect vessel to incubate the Son of God.

You should see now that Mary was a Super Virgin worthy of comic books Heroines or, more fantastical, Jack Chick tracts.

Now whether she still had to sleep on the wet spot is not recorded.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Have mercy on who?
From what I see, you are the one most in need of mercy from your God.
Here's a hint - "I was just following orders" isn't an excuse any more.
My God? Our God's more like it....following orders? If we want a decent life those orders are simply the norms to lead a civilized existence. Must work for there's enough of us around. Have mercy! on everyone. According to you , it's 'mercy, mercy me' world, I guess. Mercy, enough to go around, also. No God? at least allow me some Mercy. Mercy on me and you can eat dirt.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're starting to understand, GM. God is likened to a "travailing woman" laboring in childbirth. Jeremiah 30:6 "Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? Only women create.
And I am beginning to understand the Bible.

You cannot pull individual quotes out of it to support whatever argument you wish to make today.

And to understand what Jesus was saying considering your main audience, you first need to learn to be a Jew.

When you understand that, you can start to understand Islam.

And after you've spent all that time doing that, you may then wonder... is this is just a battle of egos and semantics for power?

And in all that time, you could have learned how to play the Moonlight Sonata on the piano or a myriad of other things to bring joy to the world.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you "read" all these statements coming from your President, did he tells you directly?
God speaks to humans thru the office of Prophets. This is as old as human civlization.
If God were to speak to each and every human, there would be infinite number of religions and every one would be a "religion in himslef or herself".
Never managed any thing, did you?
If you think the US President is on par with a prophet...

Wait. That actually makes a bit of sense. The old timey prophets have been whitewashed by the sands of history to enable the tyrants from their time forth.

"If God were to speak to each and every human, there would be infinite number of religions and every one would be a "religion in himslef [sic] or herself".

Heh. The Mormons tried that. They had to revise that doctrine pretty quickly.

But by that same idea, you'd think a prophet sent by God would be able to unite the world under one banner.

History is telling us otherwise. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are dividing.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

LuzAranda wrote:
<quoted text>My God? Our God's more like it....following orders? If we want a decent life those orders are simply the norms to lead a civilized existence. Must work for there's enough of us around. Have mercy! on everyone. According to you , it's 'mercy, mercy me' world, I guess. Mercy, enough to go around, also. No God? at least allow me some Mercy. Mercy on me and you can eat dirt.
Apparently, in your mind, you made some spectacular points with this post.

What they are, I have no idea.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think the US President is on par with a prophet...
Wait. That actually makes a bit of sense. The old timey prophets have been whitewashed by the sands of history to enable the tyrants from their time forth.
"If God were to speak to each and every human, there would be infinite number of religions and every one would be a "religion in himslef [sic] or herself".
Heh. The Mormons tried that. They had to revise that doctrine pretty quickly.
But by that same idea, you'd think a prophet sent by God would be able to unite the world under one banner.
History is telling us otherwise. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are dividing.
Presidents come and go and no one even remembers their names unless they go to history books. Same happens to these kings and dictators and generals.

Prophets of God live for ever, their messages are written on the breasts of millions of their followers for ever and ever.

To compare prophets to presidents or kings or rulers in an insult and very unfair comparison.

The main job of prophets are to guide humanity to the true path, the path which would lead them to their Creator and make them justify their purpose of life.

Worldly affairs are secondary or third or fourth in their plans.

You have very poor realization of service which prophets have done for humanity.

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents come and go and no one even remembers their names unless they go to history books. Same happens to these kings and dictators and generals.
Prophets of God live for ever, their messages are written on the breasts of millions of their followers for ever and ever.
To compare prophets to presidents or kings or rulers in an insult and very unfair comparison.
The main job of prophets are to guide humanity to the true path, the path which would lead them to their Creator and make them justify their purpose of life.
Worldly affairs are secondary or third or fourth in their plans.
You have very poor realization of service which prophets have done for humanity.
Well, here's the thing.

Some names are remembered down through the ages - Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Augustus Caesar, Ramses, Zheng He, Charlemagne, Saladin and so forth.

Just because Mohammed is still known only means he had an impact on the world.

Whether he was a divine prophet or just an excellent, lying politician/general depends on which side you are on.

That you choose to idolize a person (or more accurately, the person you wish him to be) so much to demi-god status does not make them a prophet.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

FS wrote:
01. MUQ, Honesty of a person can never be judged until you have personally met them and know him or her very well.
The description of your prophet that you had given was quite vague in its own way.But I must admit that you had brought one good point which could be certainly considered as a quality of a person having higher moral values and holding integrity.

02. The point was that prophets were and had no stigma over their characters before their designated as prophets by the supposed God. What I doubt is the authenticity of this very description.

03. The people who describe prophets and put them in positive light are always found to be their followers. There is no third party from the times of your prophet seem to have left a note in favour of your prophet.In other words,nobody from a different community had been vouching for your prophet's honesty and his divine qualities during his lifetime.

04. Secondly, the descriptions of prophets from people like you could be one of the following: They are either made up or based on the informations from their religious doctrines.

05. If one were to consider the second possibility, one would never reach a conclusion or draw inference as they would end up moving in circles.
When the authenticity of Quran is questioned,

06. Muslims point out to your beloved prophet as if he were a epitome of virtuosity and his honesty was unquestionable.Conversely,when Muslims are asked to verify the veracity of their prophet words they point to Quran or the biography of Muhammad that was written by Muslims themselves.

07. Since Muslims move in circles, their words cannot be trusted.
I was even asking for the proof for existence of Jesus.I nstead of citing to veracious sources you would come up with emotional arguments. This is why, I put a halt to that discussion.
Please come up with good sensible arguments.
Ans.

After reading your post, I would like to make you into category of "doubting Thomas".

We have to take evidence as it exists.

What is the fault of prophets that people who wrote their biographies were their followers?

Why should we Muslims care if "No Non Muslim" wrote life history of our prophet?

What type of argument is this?

You have no proof that "our record" of our prophet's life was "made up". There is no "Single eye witness report" but in thousands.

If all of these thousands eye witness reports are not sufficient to establish his unblemished life, what else you need.

It is you who is moving around in circles and do not know how to put up your case.

It is very easy to Doubt every evidence, that is the easiest route one can take.

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
After reading your post, I would like to make you into category of "doubting Thomas".
We have to take evidence as it exists.
What is the fault of prophets that people who wrote their biographies were their followers?
Why should we Muslims care if "No Non Muslim" wrote life history of our prophet?
What type of argument is this?
You have no proof that "our record" of our prophet's life was "made up". There is no "Single eye witness report" but in thousands.
If all of these thousands eye witness reports are not sufficient to establish his unblemished life, what else you need.
It is you who is moving around in circles and do not know how to put up your case.
It is very easy to Doubt every evidence, that is the easiest route one can take.
MUQ,let alone your prophets,people are doubting the existence of Socrates even though Plato wrote various stories about him.While Socrates was a wise man but an ordinary human being like us, your supposed prophet seems to have been a Superman of his time.Splitting of Moon,birth through virgin and all other paranormal occurrences described by The People of Book seem to be figments of imagination as none of them have been verified scientifically.
When the existence of an ordinary human being like Socrates is questioned,why shouldn't one put the existence of these superhuman figures under the same skeptical examination?
Written documents do not suffice clearance of doubts as they should be complemented with a strong sensible explanation.Quran and all other holy books have merely described these unusual events and there is no explanation in them as to how did these events happen.Why should one believe in scriptures that don't have explanation for their extraordinary contents?While Darwin has explained his theory and there are strong scientific evidences favouring his theory of evolution,your creationism doesn't have any explanation.
Whom should one believe?One who can explain or one who merely makes extraordinary claims?
I am not asking for a direct proof and it isn't even fair to ask as I wasn't born in 7th century.But at least give me one good reason so I could trust your scriptures.A reasonable person wouldn't believe just because something is written.There are millions of fictional books and stories written by human beings.By your logic,one should consider them to be true.How silly is this?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ,let alone your prophets,people are doubting the existence of Socrates even though Plato wrote various stories about him.While Socrates was a wise man but an ordinary human being like us, your supposed prophet seems to have been a Superman of his time.Splitting of Moon,birth through virgin and all other paranormal occurrences described by The People of Book seem to be figments of imagination as none of them have been verified scientifically.
When the existence of an ordinary human being like Socrates is questioned,why shouldn't one put the existence of these superhuman figures under the same skeptical examination?
Written documents do not suffice clearance of doubts as they should be complemented with a strong sensible explanation.Quran and all other holy books have merely described these unusual events and there is no explanation in them as to how did these events happen.Why should one believe in scriptures that don't have explanation for their extraordinary contents?While Darwin has explained his theory and there are strong scientific evidences favouring his theory of evolution,your creationism doesn't have any explanation.
Whom should one believe?One who can explain or one who merely makes extraordinary claims?
I am not asking for a direct proof and it isn't even fair to ask as I wasn't born in 7th century.But at least give me one good reason so I could trust your scriptures.A reasonable person wouldn't believe just because something is written.There are millions of fictional books and stories written by human beings.By your logic,one should consider them to be true.How silly is this?
You are more than welcome to live in your world of doubt and bigotry.

You do not need any proof for any thing. Just deny every think and put your doubts about every thing.

Did sun rise today? Well I have doubts about it!!

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not need any proof for any thing. Just deny every think and put your doubts about every thing.
This is an inherent problem with you theists.When you do not have the answer for the questions that you've been asked you will come up with personal attacks as a last resort.No one will doubt something which is obvious.
Why can't you accept the fact that Islam is just a belief and not an irrefutable truth?If you could prove Islam right,you would be coming up with facts that answer every queries in our minds.Your insipid posts only evince the fact that your faith is not based on reason.
Thinking

Chard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Did sunni murder shiite today?
Did shiite murder sunni today?
I have no doubts about that.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You have sinned.
Just by being born.
You already have a first strike against you in court because, by no fault of your own, you live.
Original Sin is actually an interesting trap laid down by Christians.
So much so that the Catholics had to invoke a very, very rare occurrence of the Papal Infallibility doctrine that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, was born without Original Sin so her womb could be a perfect vessel to incubate the Son of God.
You should see now that Mary was a Super Virgin worthy of comic books Heroines or, more fantastical, Jack Chick tracts.
Now whether she still had to sleep on the wet spot is not recorded.
There is no such thing as original sin and if there is, only males inherit it. What Adam and Eve did in the Garden of Eden was a sexual act (sodomy) and that is one of the reasons for circumcision.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

my name is blowing in the wind under a WALMART ad. It's TIME for SANTA CLAWS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,241 - 18,260 of20,835
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••