Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24099 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19223 Dec 8, 2013
GOD is the answer for anything and everything. How do you prove what will NOT agree to it. God is aware of our childish need for 'PROOF' and that is where you meet the END of the road.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19224 Dec 8, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
GOD is the answer for anything and everything.
Prove this.

Until you do?

**Nothing** you say concerning "god" has any merit.

Nothing.

Until you **prove** your god is actually real.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Hatch, NM

#19225 Dec 8, 2013
We are here on earth at the mercy of ONE ETERNAL GOD! Get it? God IS Almighty but no pansy. You as a human being can't handle the TRUTH? Read, study the Bible. Find your own answer as to Who this Personal God IS. We are not forced to believe anything, the God-Concept has been around since life began, since HE made it. God will not cram HIS Existence down your throat or wherever your own brain is at. Sit quietly and ponder the Reality of Life. The Concept is REAL but you can either believe or not. PROOF is within you, give it a chance, care for anyone around? LOVE is banned if you don't. PROOF, don't need it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19226 Dec 8, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
GOD is the answer for anything and everything. How do you prove what will NOT agree to it. God is aware of our childish need for 'PROOF' and that is where you meet the END of the road.
People asking for PROOF do not open their eyes and see Millions upon millions of proofs all around them!!

When you see creations all around you, why can't your mind turn to their Creator?

Has any thing created itslef?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19228 Dec 8, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
We are here on earth at the mercy of ONE ETERNAL GOD! Get it? God IS Almighty but no pansy. You as a human being can't handle the TRUTH? Read, study the Bible. Find your own answer as to Who this Personal God IS. We are not forced to believe anything, the God-Concept has been around since life began, since HE made it. God will not cram HIS Existence down your throat or wherever your own brain is at. Sit quietly and ponder the Reality of Life. The Concept is REAL but you can either believe or not. PROOF is within you, give it a chance, care for anyone around? LOVE is banned if you don't. PROOF, don't need it.
Nothing in the above SPAM is proof of your ugly god.

Nothing.

And for the record? I *have* studied the bible-- more than once-- it's from that study, that I became an atheist, actually.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19229 Dec 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
People asking for PROOF do not open their eyes and see Millions upon millions of proofs all around them!!
When you see creations all around you, why can't your mind turn to their Creator?
You still cannot prove your idiot god is real, can you?

Sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#19231 Dec 8, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Too bad God does not feel the need to reveal his answers.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#19232 Dec 8, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Most of us atheists have read the buybull and are appalled by it.
Eastern Ireland

Ireland

#19233 Dec 8, 2013
This sort of talk wouldn't have been tolerated under the reign of the great and benevolent, sadly missed and fondly remembered King Sitric.

No surrender!!!

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#19234 Dec 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, your god created himslef.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#19235 Dec 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in the above SPAM is proof of your ugly god.
Nothing.
And for the record? I *have* studied the bible-- more than once-- it's from that study, that I became an atheist, actually.
Same here. Nothing makes me prouder of leaving that ugly book than reading the parts in which God orders the deaths of innocents to satisfy his cruel emotions.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19236 Dec 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Has anything created itself?"
Yes,I can say the universe has "probably" created itself because I see no strong reason to believe in a creator or the creationism.
Do you have any counter-argument to disprove my claim other than this usual intellectual fart that you usually write on this thread?
You are jumping to the same old crass assumption that universe is a creation.First you need to prove universe is a deliberate creation.
And then you need to prove that the one who created universe is indeed your Allah.It should go like that and not the way you do.
Repeating the same old preposterous rants like a broken record will
only prove how idiotic and stupid your faith is.
And I am certain that you can never prove God because you've limited your thought process to those silly assumptions and so you will always remain an ordinary lemming of religion.
Religion thrives on hypocrisy and unwarranted assumptions.Your stupid arguments which you think are strong rebuttal to our arguments buttresses this fact .

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19237 Dec 9, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Replace "God" with "Pork Chop" and you still have an 'answer' with the exact same level of explanatory value.

Hatch, NM

#19238 Dec 9, 2013
AND BACK TO SQUARE 1. Can't do it, no proof, and I'm still alive.
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#19239 Dec 9, 2013
One question is why are paedophiles in your church?

Another is why did your god make us need proof?
LuzAranda wrote:

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19241 Dec 9, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
AND BACK TO SQUARE 1. Can't do it, no proof, and I'm still alive.
Indeed: you have no proof that the god **you** believe in is real.

And *I* am still alive too-- even after *daring* your hate-god to murder me on the spot.

Wouldn't that have been something?

It *certainly* would be in keeping with the descriptions of your god's activities in the ugly bible; in that book, your god kills on a whim.

Hell, your god killed Job's **children** for a lousy **bet**.

No better than a *drinking* game, in fact.

That's pure-D evil.
LCNLin

United States

#19242 Dec 9, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us atheists have read the buybull and are appalled by it.
It is amusing watching you attempt to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence.

Doubt if you speak for many atheists...more of an embarrassment?
LOL
LCNLin

United States

#19243 Dec 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed: you have no proof that the god **you** believe in is real.
And *I* am still alive too-- even after *daring* your hate-god to murder me on the spot.
Wouldn't that have been something?
It *certainly* would be in keeping with the descriptions of your god's activities in the ugly bible; in that book, your god kills on a whim.
Hell, your god killed Job's **children** for a lousy **bet**.
No better than a *drinking* game, in fact.
That's pure-D evil.
Funny as you have never changed the tired standard post which embarrasses real thinking atheists.
LOL
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19244 Dec 9, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> According to you, your god created himslef.
The question of Creation is for creations and not for the Creator. He is always present, no need to say He Self Created Himself.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19245 Dec 9, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Has anything created itself?"
Yes,I can say the universe has "probably" created itself because I see no strong reason to believe in a creator or the creationism.
Do you have any counter-argument to disprove my claim other than this usual intellectual fart that you usually write on this thread?
You are jumping to the same old crass assumption that universe is a creation.First you need to prove universe is a deliberate creation.
The world does not function because they way you want to "believe" , is it.

And you have spoken your real faith by saying , "Universe probably" created itself!!

Nothing creates itself, nothing can come into existence by chance!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good arguments against Christianity 18 min superwilly 209
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr Mikko 533
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr replaytime 18,534
News Why I quit atheism 2 hr Ronnie Pickering 707
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Into The Night 43,197
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 6 hr Thinking 5,696
Atheism is a mental illness 6 hr Eagle 12 11
More from around the web