Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

IRYW

Allentown, PA

#19161 Dec 1, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Atheism does not have a chance. The human brain, always savy, feels the "POWER greater than thou" overcoming obstacles in life and keeping us safe and, for some reason, ALIVE.
Savy [sic]? That is a perfect, just perfect, typo for such a moronic post.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19162 Dec 1, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
yeah, there is 'not now' and I ain't got no proof but the fact that I bs over nothing is PROOF enough. There is God. Destiny? depends as to where you are. It's nice to be in the USA and enjoy living. God needs no worship just acknowledgment that we are here where He put us. Destiny is life itself, our health, our society our heritage. Different people, different environments but there IS One God and He Plays Honest Justice. He's IN Charge of Time; we are not. We get old, we cease to exist, He does not, HE IS GOD.
Hi is also imaginary.
IRYW

Allentown, PA

#19163 Dec 1, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
yeah, there is 'not now' and I ain't got no proof
May I have some of what you are smoking?
LuzAranda wrote:
but the fact that I bs over nothing is PROOF enough.
Of insanity?
LuzAranda wrote:
There is God.
Uh huh....... which one of the 10,000 imagined in history?
LuzAranda wrote:
but there IS One God and He Plays Honest Justice.
On which channel? HBO?
LuzAranda wrote:
He's IN Charge of Time;
So that's who f**ked up my clocks.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19164 Dec 1, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
Sadly i think it'll be 2138 before any progress to this end. I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope, it's been pushed by Dawkins. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist politician that's genius
If religion is divisive, then is this "so called" Atheism joins the people?

Atheist have "Nothing in common" except their hate for all religion. How can they build any society based on only "negative" thoughts?

There is no definition of what Atheism is!!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19165 Dec 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If religion is divisive, then is this "so called" Atheism joins the people?
Atheist have "Nothing in common" except their hate for all religion. How can they build any society based on only "negative" thoughts?
There is no definition of what Atheism is!!
Possibly yes MUQ.Atheism may not necessarily unite people but it would actually give a hope of it.
Apart from religion,people are divided by race,country and language too.So Atheism may at least guarantee that we do not hold any kind of prejudices for each other based on religion.
You must have heard Muslims killing innocent non-Muslims for "Muslim pride",Christians killing Non-Christians for "Christian pride" and so about various other religion zealots especially the country we belong to where Hindu fanatics butchered minorities in certain occasions.
Have you ever heard Atheists killing theists for "Atheist pride"?
At least one time?
So how could you say Atheists have negative or hatred opinions?
Just like race,religion creates some kind of bias in us.
It creates an unnecessary pride in you.It makes people narrow-minded.
Religion especially Islam is a political system under the disguise of ethical system.
You are a Muslim but honestly tell me did Islam actually bring peace to this world?
Why the so called peaceful religion couldn't bring peace in Muslim countries while Atheistic Scandinavia is peaceful & serene?
Compare any Middle-East country with any atheist country like Denmark and tell me which country is more peaceful.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19166 Dec 1, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
yeah, there is 'not now' and I ain't got no proof but the fact that I bs over nothing is PROOF enough. There is God. Destiny? depends as to where you are. It's nice to be in the USA and enjoy living. God needs no worship just acknowledgment that we are here where He put us. Destiny is life itself, our health, our society our heritage. Different people, different environments but there IS One God and He Plays Honest Justice. He's IN Charge of Time; we are not. We get old, we cease to exist, He does not, HE IS GOD.
"He"?

What makes you so sure this... "god" .. of yours is automatically a "he"?

Hmmm?
LCNLin

United States

#19167 Dec 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Do you also thank your god for miscarriages, cot deaths and childhood leukaemia?
<quoted text>
Seems standard atheism mantra

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#19168 Dec 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
"He"?
Hmmm?
Patriarchy?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19169 Dec 2, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly yes MUQ.Atheism may not necessarily unite people but it would actually give a hope of it.
Apart from religion,people are divided by race,country and language too.So Atheism may at least guarantee that we do not hold any kind of prejudices for each other based on religion.
You must have heard Muslims killing innocent non-Muslims for "Muslim pride",Christians killing Non-Christians for "Christian pride" and so about various other religion zealots especially the country we belong to where Hindu fanatics butchered minorities in certain occasions.
Have you ever heard Atheists killing theists for "Atheist pride"?
At least one time?
So how could you say Atheists have negative or hatred opinions?
Just like race,religion creates some kind of bias in us.
It creates an unnecessary pride in you.It makes people narrow-minded.
Religion especially Islam is a political system under the disguise of ethical system.
You are a Muslim but honestly tell me did Islam actually bring peace to this world?
Why the so called peaceful religion couldn't bring peace in Muslim countries while Atheistic Scandinavia is peaceful & serene?
Compare any Middle-East country with any atheist country like Denmark and tell me which country is more peaceful.
+1 Great post!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19170 Dec 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems standard atheism mantra
What's ur lame excuse for posting the shit you do?

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19171 Dec 2, 2013
God IS! He is neither male nor female. He Is. Patriarchal habits have God referred to as male. Our gender bias is followed because we have no other way to refer to God Almighty. He is Our Father, also our Mother, Brother, Friend, Neighbor, He IS. You must believe in Something Ever Good and know He-She Is. Male, female, simple laws of earthly nature. The Maker, The Creator needs not such restrictions. The Bible calls HIM Father and SO must we. No biggie. He is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19172 Dec 2, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
God IS! He is neither male nor female. He Is. Patriarchal habits have God referred to as male. Our gender bias is followed because we have no other way to refer to God Almighty. He is Our Father, also our Mother, Brother, Friend, Neighbor, He IS. You must believe in Something Ever Good and know He-She Is. Male, female, simple laws of earthly nature. The Maker, The Creator needs not such restrictions. The Bible calls HIM Father and SO must we. No biggie. He is.
You offer nothing more than meaningless declarations with no evidence to support them.
Got anything that would convince someone that needs something more substantial than an "I say so"? If so, you'd be the first. Go ahead... give it a shot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19173 Dec 2, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
So your god is a hermaphrodite, then? Having both sets of genitalia.

How nice.

But you have failed-- utterly-- to show any facts, evidence or reason to believe in your IT god.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#19174 Dec 2, 2013
Lincoln's a bit bent out of shape when he found out his partner in crime siro/leon_the_14/sock sock sock etc etc etc is actually a black magic practitioner.

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/occult/TNFCUVO...

You couldn't make it up. So they did.
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>What's ur lame excuse for posting the shit you do?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LCNLin

United States

#19175 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
So your god is a hermaphrodite, then? Having both sets of genitalia.
How nice.
But you have failed-- utterly-- to show any facts, evidence or reason to believe in your IT god.
a hermaphrodite in Oklahoma,
would not go down well with the Bible Thumping Tea Party

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#19176 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
"He"?
Hmmm?
Agreed Bob, and your lucidity about this really amazes me. Where the scriptures differentiate between God being male or female, it always indicates God is female. God is a husband (Energy) and a wife (Lord/Messiah) Isaiah 54:5-6, and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19177 Dec 2, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
You are right, God is free from any Gender Bias.

He is referred as "He". because this is the form He chose for Himself.

But we should not say any thing from our side of what God is. To refer to Him as Father, Mother, Brother and Sister etc. is not the way He described Himself.

He is our Creator, Cherisher, Nourisher, Provider,... He is Merciful, Knowledgeable, Wise....(there is a list of more than 99 names, i.e. attributes of God mentioned in Quran....all beautiful names).

We should use names and not Father, Mother, Brother Sister etc.

Allah Knows best.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Mumbai, India

#19178 Dec 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, God is free from any Gender Bias.
He is referred as "He". because this is the form He chose for Himself.
But we should not say any thing from our side of what God is. To refer to Him as Father, Mother, Brother and Sister etc. is not the way He described Himself.
He is our Creator, Cherisher, Nourisher, Provider,... He is Merciful, Knowledgeable, Wise....(there is a list of more than 99 names, i.e. attributes of God mentioned in Quran....all beautiful names).
We should use names and not Father, Mother, Brother Sister etc.
Allah Knows best.
Whatever you call him,his existence will always be questioned.

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#19179 Dec 2, 2013
Truth seeker? Woe to those with eyes and cannot see

Mumbai, India

#19180 Dec 2, 2013
LuzAranda wrote:
Truth seeker? Woe to those with eyes and cannot see
Can you see God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 15 min scientia potentia... 11,546
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Patrick 254,932
News Speaking for God 1 hr Jaimie 558
Religion Down Suicide Up 1 hr nanoanomaly 80
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 1 hr Uncle Sam 358
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr MIDutch 29,506
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 hr Richard 50,961
More from around the web