Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19096 Nov 17, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quran give the Moon splitting miracle just half a sentence, the hadiths just two or three sentences and the best of them just say it was half hidden behind a mountain.
In other words there's no reason to believe it ever happened.
Quran is telling what happened and that is all.

Why should it waste its time in "proving" that it really happened. It happened in front of people who gave "eye witness" account.

What else evidence is needed?

If you want to "duplicate" that split yourself, then you try to do it.

For us it was an act of God and that is all that is needed.

But for those who have curiosity, let them know that it is not a "Scientific impossibility".

You do not have even a basic idea how these Scriptual matters are discussed.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#19097 Nov 17, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quran give the Moon splitting miracle just half a sentence, the hadiths just two or three sentences and the best of them just say it was half hidden behind a mountain.
In other words there's no reason to believe it ever happened.
The splitting of moon is debated even among Muslims.There are some Muslims who disagree with this mainstream Muslim notion and they are in favour of idea that it must have been some kind of illusion!
Shah Waliullah,a medieval Islamic scholar was against this popular belief and he said that it may have been a hallucination or some cloud must have been blocking the view of moon as it appeared to be split.
Regardless of this contention,people like MUQ are so certain as if they themselves have witnessed the event.
He has no hesitation calling it as a reality and qualifies it as a possible event within the constraints of physics.Yet there is no explanation as to why does he thinks so.
Here is a one beautiful quote that struck my mind when I read MUQ's post.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#19098 Nov 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran is telling what happened and that is all.
Why should it waste its time in "proving" that it really happened. It happened in front of people who gave "eye witness" account.
What else evidence is needed?
You don't have any evidence, are lying and you know it MUQ.

Run scared from the question: "where is your proof of god?"
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19099 Nov 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
More people are killed making the immense amount of steel required for German wind turbines than by nuclear power.
<quoted text>
If you believe that you'll believe absolutely anything. And wind power doesn't produce thousands of tons of waste that must be stored for millenia.

Nuclear energy is unsafe as demonstrated by regular disasters.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#19100 Nov 17, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Humankind is on its end.
Dude.

Come to America.

Work your "End of the World" message in with dubious Biblical quotes and you can rake in the cash.

That way you can be utterly depressed about everything with (male or female or "other") hookers and blow around you and a mattress stuffed with tax free hundred dollar bills to sleep on.

Thinking

UK

#19101 Nov 18, 2013
The corollary of that is that I believe most oranges are blue - which I don't.

I know you're blinkered on the subject nuclear power, which is unfortunate for you. Once you cost things out per MW, you'll realise how filthy constructing wind power is.

Maybe one day we'll be able to grow GM turbines and then wind power won't be such an environmental disaster. Until then, keeping selling for Siemens AG.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe that you'll believe absolutely anything. And wind power doesn't produce thousands of tons of waste that must be stored for millenia.
Nuclear energy is unsafe as demonstrated by regular disasters.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19102 Nov 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
....I know you're blinkered on the subject nuclear power, which is unfortunate for you....<quoted text>
Right back at you.
Just keep believing EDF propaganda.
Thinking

Windsor, UK

#19103 Nov 18, 2013
Not guilty - I don't even know if the projected EDF pricing makes sense.

Truly, I do understand the sh!t that comes with fission, but energy stats are a minefield.

If you promote wind power you have to accept the deaths caused per MWH by the steel industry - which ironically includes air pollution.

If you promote hydro electric, you have to amortise in the 171,000 people killed in the Banqiao dam disaster. Repeat 171,000 deaths.

If you promote solar power you have to accept the deaths caused by falls in the construction industry.

Coal and gas are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths due to air quality.

There's no easy answer today. We need to research fusion and algae that can synthesise oils, clever things like that. Giving loads of Euros to Germany to build windmills only serves the agenda of one country, not the world.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Right back at you.
Just keep believing EDF propaganda.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#19104 Nov 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that people have been saying that we are in the "end times" for centuries now, right?
But they were all wrong and you're right?
LOL…okay
Well honestly yea.

Math 24. Notes all the events of the last days and so does luke:21

The events include a world wide preaching of Gods kingdom.
The signs of the last days include great earthquakes one after another, famines food shortages, nations rising against nations etc

Also the most clear prophecy is the fall of all false religion. Ir will be completely devastated by tge U.N this is noted revelation book in chapters 16, 17, 18

The bible describes religion as a great harlot that has been drunk from the blood of the holy ones and all those slaughtered on the earth... the bible also describes as being and living in shame less luxury

Its very clear .

If you look closely at Islam Judaism and Christianity... none of them even worship the God the claim to serve.

The God of the bible is name Jehovah or Yahweh..
Allah translated in English means God ...

Its just something I think about from time to time.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19106 Nov 19, 2013
Three 'things' will eventually become visible to all, the Sun, Moon and truth.

Nehwon

#19107 Nov 19, 2013
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well honestly yea.
Math 24. Notes all the events of the last days and so does luke:21
The events include a world wide preaching of Gods kingdom.
The signs of the last days include great earthquakes one after another, famines food shortages, nations rising against nations etc
Also the most clear prophecy is the fall of all false religion. Ir will be completely devastated by tge U.N this is noted revelation book in chapters 16, 17, 18
The bible describes religion as a great harlot that has been drunk from the blood of the holy ones and all those slaughtered on the earth... the bible also describes as being and living in shame less luxury
Its very clear .
If you look closely at Islam Judaism and Christianity... none of them even worship the God the claim to serve.
The God of the bible is name Jehovah or Yahweh..
Allah translated in English means God ...
Its just something I think about from time to time.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-pas...

You don't even have the first clue about the Bible.

If you really want to think about something that is so, so important to your everlasting soul, then spend less than 24 hours of your time for an introduction here:

http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-14...

It's just utterly silly when the majority of Christians spout off they "know" the Bible when they haven't even read the damn thing at all.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19108 Nov 20, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-pas...
You don't even have the first clue about the Bible.
If you really want to think about something that is so, so important to your everlasting soul, then spend less than 24 hours of your time for an introduction here:
http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-14...
It's just utterly silly when the majority of Christians spout off they "know" the Bible when they haven't even read the damn thing at all.
And Most of them by Bible mean "Only four Gospels and letters of Paul"!!

Nehwon

#19110 Nov 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.

Many Christians like to pick and choose from the Old Testament also.

But that doesn't excuse Muslims, either.

They are trying to ride the Hebrew foundations just like the Christians.

The Bible is not a "Life for Dummies" ( http://www.dummies.com/ ) book but that's how it has turned out.

And the Qu'ran isn't either.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19111 Nov 21, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
Many Christians like to pick and choose from the Old Testament also.
But that doesn't excuse Muslims, either.
They are trying to ride the Hebrew foundations just like the Christians.
The Bible is not a "Life for Dummies" ( http://www.dummies.com/ ) book but that's how it has turned out.
And the Qu'ran isn't either.
I cannot comment about Bible, but it seems that it is now left only for dummies.

Quran is different, it is for people with intelligence, for people who are unbiased, people who do not reject any message just because "why it is written in Arabic".

Such people are not dummy and they have always been attracted to Islam and Quran, whenever they come in contact with it.

That is how Islam is getting sincere converts in all ages from every nation, from every society.

So much different from "Biblical converts"

Nehwon

#19112 Nov 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot comment about Bible, but it seems that it is now left only for dummies.
Quran is different, it is for people with intelligence, for people who are unbiased, people who do not reject any message just because "why it is written in Arabic".
Such people are not dummy and they have always been attracted to Islam and Quran, whenever they come in contact with it.
That is how Islam is getting sincere converts in all ages from every nation, from every society.
So much different from "Biblical converts"
"Quran is different, it is for people with intelligence, for people who are unbiased..."

That might work for people with unreliable electricity.

Not so much with people with a reliable Internet connection.

So how are you different than the Christians again?

You are using the same tactics to recruit as the Christians try to do.

Aside from the one example of Richard Flew, how many atheists turn to religion?

Now compare that to the number of religion followers who have -actually read the holy books and thought- and then chose the "other" box on religious affiliation.
Oh really

Kirkcaldy, UK

#19113 Nov 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why its called the new testament!
Having moved on from the old which was full of wars, murder,homophobia and outdated religion that did nothing but make things worse, But hey! That's religion for you! And you should know.

Did you know jesus rejected religion also and that's why the Jews murdered him?
The old testament is in stark contrast to the new, but religious zealots shine thru as homicidal maniacs as per usual in both, But you know that also because you live in Saudi.

Sleep well.

Nehwon

#19114 Nov 22, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
Having moved on from the old which was full of wars, murder,homophobia and outdated religion that did nothing but make things worse, But hey! That's religion for you! And you should know.
The old testament is in stark contrast to the new, but religious zealots shine thru as homicidal maniacs as per usual in both, But you know that also because you live in Saudi.
Sleep well.
Jesus rejected religion?

Jesus is an example of what happens when a reformer tries to change a religion away from a bunch of outdated rules to protect the priestly caste's gravy train.
Oh really

Kirkcaldy, UK

#19115 Nov 22, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus rejected religion?
Jesus is an example of what happens when a reformer tries to change a religion away from a bunch of outdated rules to protect the priestly caste's gravy train.
I concur.
I see the historical Jesus as a humanitarian.

Nehwon

#19117 Nov 22, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur.
I see the historical Jesus as a humanitarian.
Ahh, I see. buzzword clue there.

Carry on then.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#19118 Nov 22, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>
Sleep well.
Only God can change the contract/covenant and it will be changed but until then, we are supposed to follow the law. The Jews did not kill Jesus, he had himself killed and he planned it. If the Jews had their way, they would've stoned him to death. Jesus was a suicidal, delusional, masochistic, megalomaniac. Jesus got exactly what he wanted because he thought it would fulfill scripture. It fulfilled nothing. He has been reincarnated and this time will burst into flames.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Morse 232,033
God' existence 5 hr Geezerjock 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr tha Professor 1,051
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr Morse 30
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 21 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Thu thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Thu thetruth 8

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE