Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

LCNLin

United States

#19067 Nov 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting and not really surprising.
Considering Constantine tried to save a dying Roman Empire by endorsing Christianity for political power.
Strange how religion and politics intertwine.
But politicians no longer need the imaginary threat of excommunication and Hell.
Their threats are now backed with nuclear weapons that have been demonstrated.
Nuclear weapons a threat to mankind in 2013 AD.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#19068 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist topic change - god not real already known to cultists?

LOL
LCNLin

United States

#19069 Nov 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist topic change - god not real already known to cultists?
LOL
L'ami de merde a un problème avec s'exprimer en anglais. Souvent affectation, mais rarement at-elle aucun sens
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19070 Nov 14, 2013
FS wrote:
1)Here I can smell the reek of your inability to make good sound argument
Why shouldn't scientists comment on the impossibility of the splitting of the moon? It is scientifically impossible and it could have never happened. Science is based on reason.
Laws of physics are rigid and they never change. So, scientists of today are not wrong.
You have no plausible answer to my queries whatsoever yet you are bold enough to debunk science.

2)That is what I am asking for. If you really know the people, let me know who they are. And I am sure you don't know who they are and you are blindly believing these mythical figures like Jesus and Moses.
Proving William Shakespeare's existence was never a difficulty.The existence of Caligula was never questioned as there are ample proofs.But when people ask for the proof of Abrahamic prophets,historians couldn't find one good evidence!
Is it just mere coincidence that so called "god prophets" failed to leave the trail of them while almost all other significant historical figures certainly did?
3)So what? How does this Muhammad's absence of male heir proves other abrahamic prophets 'existences?
4)What did your posts on Qualities on prophets prove?I have shown the fallacies in those posts and you are evading it.
I am not an expert in any subject but all of posters except you in this forum are smarter enough to debunk your religion.
Ans.

1. Why is it “Impossible” for moon to split? And which scientist says it is “Impossible”?

How was moon formed in the First place? Have we any scientist who can prove it?

In fact it is you, who are poking your nose in matters you know nothing about!!

2. And you do not know how the existence of pre historic people and events are proved.

3. There are hundreds of thosuand of people living in the world who trace their geneolgy to our prophet thru his daughter Fatima.

So there is abolutely no doubt in his existence, his grave is visited by thosuands of people every day since the day he was buried.

Once we can trace his absolute existence and his qualities as a prophet, then what he said about past prophets must also be true.

4. You kept Quite when I was mentioning those qualities and now after the discussion is over, you are making all these claims.

What you said that you have very little knowledge is true, but what is sad that you “pretend” that you know every thing and are not ready to learn and listen to people who give you info.

Location hidden

#19071 Nov 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Why is it “Impossible” for moon to split? And which scientist says it is “Impossible”?
2. And you do not know how the existence of pre historic people and events are proved.
3. There are hundreds of thosuand of people living in the world who trace their geneolgy to our prophet thru his daughter Fatima.
So there is abolutely no doubt in his existence, his grave is visited by thosuands of people every day since the day he was buried.
Once we can trace his absolute existence and his qualities as a prophet, then what he said about past prophets must also be true.
4. You kept Quite when I was mentioning those qualities and now after the discussion is over, you are making all these claims.
What you said that you have very little knowledge is true, but what is sad that you “pretend” that you know every thing and are not ready to learn and listen to people who give you info.
Talking blindly without any proof of god is like sh*tting without a toilet. The smell will stay with you as long as you continue to sh*t and nobody can hear what you're saying over the smell.

Location hidden

#19072 Nov 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
L'ami de merde a un problème avec s'exprimer en anglais. Souvent affectation, mais rarement at-elle aucun sens
Pardon your french, failed creationist with no proof of god.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19073 Nov 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans. 1. Why is it “Impossible” for moon to split? And which scientist says it is “Impossible”?
If the moon split in two we would have either two moons or one moon and an asteroid belt.

Isnt the reason much much more likely that this is a story simply made up and superstitious and gullible cult members readily accepted whatever nonsense they were told.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19074 Nov 15, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
If the moon split in two we would have either two moons or one moon and an asteroid belt.
Isnt the reason much much more likely that this is a story simply made up and superstitious and gullible cult members readily accepted whatever nonsense they were told.
An eclipse was seen and that was the basis for the silly story. As with all of the unknown, for the more ignorant peoples, any story will suffice.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19075 Nov 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
There's a reason the moon is spherical in shape, it's called gravity.

If the moon was split in two the two halves would collapse into two spheres under their own weight.

Under the laws of physics it would be impossible for the moon to split and rejoin as described in the hadiths. It would instead require a miracle, a miracle being something impossible within the laws of physics.

If the moon had been split in two, half the world would have seen it yet no one recorded it.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19076 Nov 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>An eclipse was seen and that was the basis for the silly story.
Yes you could be right. I think natural events are quite likely explanations for so called miracles in the Bible and the Quran.
LCNLin

United States

#19077 Nov 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking blindly without any proof of god is like

sh*tting

without a toilet. The smell will stay with you as long as you continue to sh*t and nobody can hear what you're saying over the smell.
The scatologic proof of atheism :-)
Seem her favourite word ?
LOL

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19078 Nov 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>An eclipse was seen and that was the basis for the silly story. As with all of the unknown, for the more ignorant peoples, any story will suffice.
The Moon was just half hidden behind a mountain.

This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abdullah b. Mas'ud (who said): We were along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) at Mina, that moon was split up into two. One of its parts was behind the mountain and the other one was on this side of the mountain. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upbn him) said to us: Bear witness to this.
http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihmuslim/1...

Location hidden

#19079 Nov 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The scatologic proof of atheism :-)
Seem her favourite word ?
LOL
One line questions remain the creationist coward's refuge against no proof?

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19080 Nov 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
'
Any layman can debunk the splitting of the moon.How could one simply split the moon by waving hands?It doesn't take a rocket scientist to prove your claims wrong.There is no such physical forces that could emerge from our hands and split moon into two halves.A complete idiot would believe in such events.
2)I do know how historic events are proved.Do not judge my knowledge on the basis of yours.There is a difference between fiction and reality.And historians do know how to recognize if the said event is fiction or reality.
3)Who knows if the so called "grave" is actually a grave of your prophet?And by the way,I was talking about Jesus'' existence.
Jesus had probably never existed and so Muhammad was probably lying
4)Please do take a look into your posts on qualities of prophet and let me know if anything was worthwhile to discuss.You were about to post on that would filter real prophets from the false one.
And the so called "qualities" that you've mentioned failed to do so.
Please dare to recapitulate those posts.I will show the fallacies.And I have already shown some in my penultimate post.
If you are incompetent to answer do not make excuses as such this.
5)Your knowledge begins with Quran and ends in Quran.And my knowledge is certainly more than yours.
You believe Quran is true.We doubt it.Hence,we are asking for evidences for neutral sources!
If you can't,please show some honesty and accept that you're incapable rather than calling others'stupid.

Mumbai, India

#19082 Nov 15, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason the moon is spherical in shape, it's called gravity.
If the moon was split in two the two halves would collapse into two spheres under their own weight.
Under the laws of physics it would be impossible for the moon to split and rejoin as described in the hadiths. It would instead require a miracle, a miracle being something impossible within the laws of physics.
If the moon had been split in two, half the world would have seen it yet no one recorded it.
Correct!And the distant part of the moon would have moved further from the one that is closer to earth due to relative velocity!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19083 Nov 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19084 Nov 15, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>'
Any layman can debunk the splitting of the moon.How could one simply split the moon by waving hands?It doesn't take a rocket scientist to prove your claims wrong.There is no such physical forces that could emerge from our hands and split moon into two halves.A complete idiot would believe in such events.
2)I do know how historic events are proved.Do not judge my knowledge on the basis of yours.There is a difference between fiction and reality.And historians do know how to recognize if the said event is fiction or reality.
3)Who knows if the so called "grave" is actually a grave of your prophet?And by the way,I was talking about Jesus'' existence.
Jesus had probably never existed and so Muhammad was probably lying
4)Please do take a look into your posts on qualities of prophet and let me know if anything was worthwhile to discuss.You were about to post on that would filter real prophets from the false one.
And the so called "qualities" that you've mentioned failed to do so.
Please dare to recapitulate those posts.I will show the fallacies.And I have already shown some in my penultimate post.
If you are incompetent to answer do not make excuses as such this.
5)Your knowledge begins with Quran and ends in Quran.And my knowledge is certainly more than yours.
You believe Quran is true.We doubt it.Hence,we are asking for evidences for neutral sources!
If you can't,please show some honesty and accept that you're incapable rather than calling others'stupid.
I thank you for your post, have a nice day.

Location hidden

#19085 Nov 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
He's asking you for evidence, and instead of proving, you wish him a nice day - typical mental illness of faith.

Mumbai, India

#19086 Nov 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure you are being sarcastic.Anyway man,keep posting on this thread because you're the reason that kept this thread active for months!:)
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19087 Nov 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, they are the exinction of our race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Into The Night 87,612
Why does Congress have a Chaplain ? 9 hr Wilmington 1
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 9 hr blacklagoon 3 258
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 13 hr Wisdom of Ages 5,843
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 21 ChristineM 4,035
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
More from around the web