Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Think about it

Leven, UK

#19047 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
"plagiarismic tendencys are all too apparent." to you...?
more of a Rand Paul issue in the states.
We all enjoy your opinions.
Lol, I can make up words if i want.
Meh! religions and politicians hold equal footing IMHO.
Shady, lying, and with an agenda which makes prisoners of vast swathes of people for years and sometimes lifetimes..
Is freedom the religious/political bandwagon? i think so.

Eventually people will just tell the truth and say f*&$ it! were invading your country cos we need the resources,Then at least it'll just be an agenda not hidden by waffle...

Fart's the "star spangled banner" and "rule Britannia"
at least its better than the whole borg assimilation tactics of the "queeran"

Think i'll have me a drink, taqiyya anyone?
LCNLin

United States

#19048 Nov 13, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I can make up words if i want.
Meh! religions and politicians hold equal footing IMHO.
Shady, lying, and with an agenda which makes prisoners of vast swathes of people for years and sometimes lifetimes..
Is freedom the religious/political bandwagon? i think so.
Eventually people will just tell the truth and say f*&$ it! were invading your country cos we need the resources,Then at least it'll just be an agenda not hidden by waffle...
Fart's the "star spangled banner" and "rule Britannia"
at least its better than the whole borg assimilation tactics of the "queeran"
Think i'll have me a drink, taqiyya anyone?
BBC delivers great news and programs to the US
Think about it

Leven, UK

#19049 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
BBC delivers great news and programs to the US
Exactly why its called programming.

I dont watch tv much, Unless its some mindless film i can imagine being superhuman in :)
Or some animals doing things that make me lol..

Or some interesting natural phenomena... All the other stuffs been pretty well covered,
Same story, Same outcomes, and Same wars.... Wooop!
Thinking

Royston, UK

#19050 Nov 13, 2013
There's plenty worth watching. Did you see Hans Rosling's "This World" offering called "Don't Panic - The Truth About Population"?

There's not enough science programming of that quality.

It's available from BBC iPlayer for one more day, I think.
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why its called programming.
I dont watch tv much, Unless its some mindless film i can imagine being superhuman in :)
Or some animals doing things that make me lol..
Or some interesting natural phenomena... All the other stuffs been pretty well covered,
Same story, Same outcomes, and Same wars.... Wooop!

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19051 Nov 13, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Though I do appreciate your re-posting my message against the sexual violation of children, it would have been better for you to have deleted it, rather than to be seen as being supportive of Islam's pedophilic doctrine.
Getting my name correct? It is a simple enough thing to accomplish, pity that you have failed, again. Now had you actually involved a god, it might have been different, for even the puniest of true gods could have easily made my name known to you, and in doing so, prevented you from looking like a fool.
Now to the real reason you post, it was instant obsession with you, the "fried penis" thingy ... and if you remember the circumstances surrounding it ...(maybe you were just hungry that day), but Leviticus 26: 29 was what inspired you. Turning a scripture about the buybull god forcing parents to cook and eat their children, into your obsession with frying the genitalia of other men, says more about you than it ever will me.
Wow. A guy never knows what he's getting into by just calling someone "RaisinPenisFried".

How about if I call you "RaisedOnPersimmons" ?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#19052 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. A guy never knows what he's getting into by just calling someone "RaisinPenisFried".
How about you address his point? lying creationist embarassment.
Think about it

Leven, UK

#19053 Nov 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There's plenty worth watching. Did you see Hans Rosling's "This World" offering called "Don't Panic - The Truth About Population"?
There's not enough science programming of that quality.
It's available from BBC iPlayer for one more day, I think.
<quoted text>
Just skimmed thru that, Thanks for that! found it educational and gave me hope, Nice one.

Heres some bad news just to balance it up, lol

Its basically a report/study into the proxy wars faught in Africa.
Been watching this stuff for years on t'internet's where freedom of information still exists (alongside complete fubar cowpoo)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/polit...

At least the religion's aren't unopposed..... Its interesting stuff.
Its defo a fight for control of resources, But then it always was.
Think about it

Leven, UK

#19054 Nov 13, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
As an act of charity, as fundamentalist religion is primarily a mental health issue.:)
And not enough deprogrammers?
Should be shelter for runaways after re education really..
Thinking

Royston, UK

#19055 Nov 13, 2013
Hans Rosling also does a talk on Africa where he points to his same good news in almost all of the countries (DRC is one example of things going backwards), but such statistics say nothing about the "soft power resource war".
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Just skimmed thru that, Thanks for that! found it educational and gave me hope, Nice one.
Heres some bad news just to balance it up, lol
Its basically a report/study into the proxy wars faught in Africa.
Been watching this stuff for years on t'internet's where freedom of information still exists (alongside complete fubar cowpoo)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/polit...
At least the religion's aren't unopposed..... Its interesting stuff.
Its defo a fight for control of resources, But then it always was.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19056 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your memory isn't very good is it? It seems you should know exactly what to expect, since we have played out this same scenario, before.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T0CVLPNG...
Thinking

Royston, UK

#19057 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick: desperate to convince us he is a repeat offender.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
Your memory isn't very good is it? It seems you should know exactly what to expect, since we have played out this same scenario, before.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T0CVLPNG...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19058 Nov 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Buck Crick: desperate to convince us he is a repeat offender.
<quoted text>
Indeed.... it is no surprise to see that he is.

Such sociopaths as B.C rarely stay free from incarceration for very long.
LCNLin

United States

#19059 Nov 13, 2013
The Church of the SubGenius is a parody religion THE ONE TRUE ... by some of
its own members as an "insane bogus UFO mind-control cult"....

"Bob's" smiling

face made cameo appearances all over the United States

http://www.subgenius.com/

Location hidden

#19060 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The only part of Buck Crick that has done time are his braincells. Its dementia.

Location hidden

#19061 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
"Bob's" smiling
resident creationist troll liar with no proof of god.
Think about it

Leven, UK

#19062 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
"Bob's" smiling
Thoroughly enjoyed having a laugh at it all,Think i might have to become ordained (or otherwise certified lol)

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19063 Nov 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. True Scientists SHOULD NOT comment on that event, which happened only once. They should keep quite, it is not a scientific "impossibility".
02. Did Jesus really exist, is to be confirmed by the people who met him and knew him and wrote about him.
It is there evidence which is above all so called archeological evidence which historians are looking for.
03. Our prophet did not have any male child. His progeny are thru his daughter Fatima and there are hundreds of thousands of them thru out the world!!
04. You kept quite when I was discussing those qualities and now when the discussion is over you are making all these claims, that shows your knowledge and expertise in that subject.
1)Here I can smell the reek of your inability to make good sound argument
Why shouldn't scientists comment on the impossibility of the splitting of the moon?It is scientifically impossible and it could have never happened.Science is based on reason.
Laws of physics are rigid and they never change.So,scientists of today are not wrong.
You have no plausible answer to my queries whatsoever yet you are bold enough to debunk science.
2)That is what I am asking for.If you really know the people,let me know who they are.And I am sure you don't know who they are and you are blindly believing these mythical figures like Jesus and Moses.
Proving William Shakespeare's existence was never a difficulty.The existence of Caligula was never questioned as there are ample proofs.But when people ask for the proof of Abrahamic prophets,historians couldn't find one good evidence!
Is it just mere coincidence that so called "god prophets" failed to leave the trail of them while almost all other significant historical figures certainly did?
3)So what?How does this Muhammad's absence of male heir proves other abrahamic prophets'existences?
4)What did your posts on Qualities on prophets prove?I have shown the fallacies in those posts and you are evading it.
I am not an expert in any subject but all of posters except you in this forum are smarter enough to debunk your religion.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19064 Nov 14, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
..Is it just mere coincidence that so called "god prophets" failed to leave the trail of them while almost all other significant historical figures certainly did?
I think these prophets left a trail of destruction, either in literal terms from war and conflict, or in mental terms. We know the real reasons for Muq clinging to Islam. It is his upbringing/ environment, and insane lust for promised 72 virgins.
LCNLin

United States

#19065 Nov 14, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoroughly enjoyed having a laugh at it all,Think i might have to become ordained (or otherwise certified lol)
it is an amusing site
LOL

Location hidden

#19066 Nov 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
it is an amusing site
LOL
Ok, now prove your god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Superwilly 79,767
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 36
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Science 32,576
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sep 15 Me _ Myself _ I 8
More from around the web