Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#19027 Nov 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

So, we leave you to live in your own world of half truth and bigotry.
Says the liar with no proof of god who runs away like a person who know he is wrong.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19028 Nov 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you will have problem with Quran saying that sun sets in the muddy waters?
Because it's nonsense.
MUQ wrote:
You do not understand a word of Arabic,..
And
You do not listen to Muslims giving commentary of that verse.
Because none has been given. Not even by you.
MUQ wrote:
So, we leave you to live in your own world of half truth and bigotry.
Such is the lot of all those "self claimed scholars of Quran"
Unlike you, I prefer cold hard reality to comforting fairytales.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#19029 Nov 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You fail to understand that Miracles of prophet are "Acts of God" and not "Acts of prophets". They are performed with the authority of God.
How do you KNOW that you have understood ALL the Physical laws?
02. So if the oldest Bible is dated 2nd Century CE, does is prove, nothing happened before 2nd Century CE?
If you go by that standard, then you should burn all books of History, because they were all written many centuries after events happened.
So there was no history of ancient India, Europe and any where?
03. The silly is your argument and not me, you have no proof of their existence, you even do not KNOW who really were your great great grandparents.
04. You are commenting NOW on qualities of prophets, when the discussion is over.
PS:
It seems we are just moving in circles, and what is the purpose of all these discussions?
1)I don't know all laws of physics but scientist community certainly does.They don't approve splitting of moon in anyway.
2)I am pointing out to the absence of evidences.Historians merely do not look into written records but ratify them with archaelogical evidence.This is how they seclude myth/imagination from reality.Otherwise,even Aesop's fables' characters and William Shakespeares' play characters might have been considered true.
Majority of historians are still looking for evidences of abrahamic mythological characters and some have even denied their existence.
A simple google search with keyword "did jesus exist" might help you.
3)LOL!Why would I need to prove my ancestors' existence when I am one living proof of them?Show me the progeny of your prophets.I might accept your argument if you show me with the proof.
Historians are still unaware of their progeny.
Yes I do not know who were my great great grandparents but I know they exist.But you are so certain about some 7th century bloke without any evidence to back up your faith
4)I summarized it because you were claiming the qualities of prophet that you have posted are infallible and are perfect filter to separate prophets from the common people in your previous post.
I wanted to show the fallacies.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19030 Nov 12, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even addressed this issue? Your silence speaks volumes about your very nature, soul, spirit (delete as applicable)
And far from being Reasons obsession with sex its obvious Reasons nailed you to the floor with this one, You disingenious excuse for a man...
See things are different in our lands and we have agencys who will take action against this type of abuse...
Now answer Reason and tell us how you feel about it or else get lost and be forever in the knowledge that your religion even comes before your love for your own children...
Ill tell you this much dodging the issue just makes you look like a retarded blatherer, You wont shake of people on here lightly and pretty soon scorn will pour on you from all angles and rightly so!
Religions have only one agenda... Be a human being and question everything!
After all wasnt it life/ god/ evolution that gave us a searching intellect?
But you would rather stagnate and deny any such thing exists...
Be different if you dare and change something..
Make your mark in your world or just be a clone..
Maybe you could make a difference to these children by speaking up..
Maybe you could be the one! You could get killed for it,But you would stand out and never be forgotten by us and by every person in this world who knows we need love to crossover and for the human race to unite...
I read a long time ago in a magazine scientists were convinced that morality was hardwired into the minds of humans, dont let your religion even take away from you that which you were born with!
Because it could be said it was god given.
Well said!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19031 Nov 12, 2013
Yes-- all the rebuttals to MUQ's trash-talk are well said.

He will run away as per his usual.
LCNLin

United States

#19032 Nov 12, 2013
80,630 will B*b hit a Moronic 82,000
before s*eptic runs out of
potty talk?

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19033 Nov 12, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>
The god of Abraham is your god, and that god was beaten by the iron chariot. A god defined by the pages of a book, and defeated by the simple horse drawn carriage is no god, no matter who takes the story from where, and re-designs the god myth to his own ends. It is a small god who is beaten by what he claims to have created, it is a small god who needs continual praise, it is a small god who can be re-formed to fit any pervert's mold.
You cannot mock me, by holding up your god deemed privilege of the sexual molestation of children, by your use of them as masturbatory aids. You only demean yourself with that. We get it, you rape babies, you advocate the rape of babies, you follow a prophet who advocates the rape of babies. So you, your god and your perverted prophet are all blights on humanity. I cannot undo what your filthy religion will allow you to do, but I will shine a spotlight on it as often as I can.
I do not live and breathe for the destruction of your dogma, but every human on earth needs to know the truth about thighing. Increased knowledge of that obscene practice can only help to obliterate your dirty religion from the face of earth.
For anyone who doesn't know ..... look it up. Google: thighing.
Thighing is the usury of both male and female infants, toddlers and children, orally, vaginally and anally for the sexual gratification of Islam's adult males. All of the children who are thighed, do not survive it.
MUQ is not outraged by these pedophillac acts, but he is outraged that I would point it out and call it rape.
Hi, RaisinPenisFried.

I have no response, just wanted to type your name.

Have a nice day!
LCNLin

United States

#19034 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>Wrong the Jewish/Pagan religion existed long before your pedophile prophet found a way to use it for himself. Men didn't make a mistake in translation, men created the god, and those men had a bit of their god stolen by another man who re-formed it to suit his desires.
Your prophet traveled, he heard the story, saw the iron fisted grip the priests had over stupid people's lives and chose to get himself some of that same power. And it worked.
He didn't need to read or write, nor did he need the complete story to get what he wanted from you lot. Had his god-myth actually came from the lips of a god, it would have been exactly the same as the first "god-given" version of the myth, because a real god would have delivered the same message to both groups.
Your pedophile came up with a way to discredit the actual creators of the myth, and all the while keeping and using the myth tool. Lucky for him that he had the wealth and the power to enforce his brand of god. If he hadn't you loons might have a chance at lives which weren't demented.
Thighing is not sex, thighing is violation. Thighing is molestation. Thighing is perversion. Thighing is usuary. Thighing is rape.
a bit of the straw man fallacy
mixed
with usual unsupported generalizations.
LOL
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19035 Nov 12, 2013
FS wrote:
1)I don't know all laws of physics but scientist community certainly does. They don't approve splitting of moon in anyway.
2)I am pointing out to the absence of evidences.Historians merely do not look into written records but ratify them with archaelogical evidence.This is how they seclude myth/imagination from reality.Otherwise,even Aesop's fables' characters and William Shakespeares' play characters might have been considered true.
Majority of historians are still looking for evidences of abrahamic mythological characters and some have even denied their existence.
A simple google search with keyword "did jesus exist" might help you.
3)LOL!Why would I need to prove my ancestors' existence when I am one living proof of them? Show me the progeny of your prophets .I might accept your argument if you show me with the proof.
Historians are still unaware of their progeny.
Yes I do not know who were my great great grandparents but I know they exist.But you are so certain about some 7th century bloke without any evidence to back up your faith
4)I summarized it because you were claiming the qualities of prophet that you have posted are infallible and are perfect filter to separate prophets from the common people in your previous post.
I wanted to show the fallacies.
Ans.

01. True Scientists SHOULD NOT comment on that event, which happened only once. They should keep quite, it is not a scientific "impossibility".

02. Did Jesus really exist, is to be confirmed by the people who met him and knew him and wrote about him.

It is there evidence which is above all so called archeological evidence which historians are looking for.

03. Our prophet did not have any male child. His progeny are thru his daughter Fatima and there are hundreds of thousands of them thru out the world!!

04. You kept quite when I was discussing those qualities and now when the discussion is over you are making all these claims, that shows your knowledge and expertise in that subject.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19036 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, RaisinPenisFried.
Have a nice day!
Obsession of the convict pedophile duly noted.
Think about it

Leven, UK

#19037 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
mixed
LOL
Hardly unsupported when you think logically about the similarity's to the Abrahamic movement dont you think?

Then there's the whole Muhammad was taken up to heaven on the temple mount which apparently is where jesus was taken up beforehand.
Hmmm! that was handy,

Do you think we should send archaeologists up there to hunt for this stargate?

Its a matter of some debate on here, but it seems the "prophets" plagiarismic tendencys are all too apparent.

Oh! except he wasnt really one for peace and all that nonsense.
And if you question his authority on it you have to remember that he is the last prophet! And the one true way :)

All in all i think he was not a very cunning man and as transparent as all the other "followers" who, well basically follow!

But nevermind the world will turn regardless and the governments will let you all argue and murder in your own lands and anything good you could have attained will just not happen....
His authority (which he didn't author) Is at best disingenious and at worst a hostile takeover bid!
Think about it

Leven, UK

#19038 Nov 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. True Scientists SHOULD NOT comment on that event, which happened only once. They should keep quite, it is not a scientific "impossibility".
02. Did Jesus really exist, is to be confirmed by the people who met him and knew him and wrote about him.
It is there evidence which is above all so called archeological evidence which historians are looking for.
03. Our prophet did not have any male child. His progeny are thru his daughter Fatima and there are hundreds of thousands of them thru out the world!!
04. You kept quite when I was discussing those qualities and now when the discussion is over you are making all these claims, that shows your knowledge and expertise in that subject.
Run rabbit run! You have no knowledge and your expertise is restricted to one book (from which you obviously cannot read between the lines)...
In short, You are a blind man..

(quickly runs off to regroup his thoughts, Again!)

I don't even know why people bother to answer you, Your'e an evasive self centered troll who aught to be ignored for good.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19039 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
80,630 will B*b hit a Moronic 82,000
before s*eptic runs out of
potty talk?
Tell us, is it a personal devolution that causes your seizures?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19040 Nov 13, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>..I don't even know why people bother to answer you, Your'e an evasive self centered troll who aught to be ignored for good.
As an act of charity, as fundamentalist religion is primarily a mental health issue.:)

Earth,TX

#19041 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, RaisinPenisFried.
Have a nice day!
Though I do appreciate your re-posting my message against the sexual violation of children, it would have been better for you to have deleted it, rather than to be seen as being supportive of Islam's pedophilic doctrine.

Getting my name correct? It is a simple enough thing to accomplish, pity that you have failed, again. Now had you actually involved a god, it might have been different, for even the puniest of true gods could have easily made my name known to you, and in doing so, prevented you from looking like a fool.

Now to the real reason you post, it was instant obsession with you, the "fried penis" thingy ... and if you remember the circumstances surrounding it ...(maybe you were just hungry that day), but Leviticus 26: 29 was what inspired you. Turning a scripture about the buybull god forcing parents to cook and eat their children, into your obsession with frying the genitalia of other men, says more about you than it ever will me.

Earth,TX

#19042 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
mixed
LOL
I hardly need post the entire Quran, when you could so easily just google "thighing". Or would that in addition to educating you, also defeat your objective?

Location hidden

#19043 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, RaisinPenisFried.
Have a nice day!
Waving a big red ball in front of a mentally ill believers face will produce the same result.

For some, the mental illness of creationism is in its advanced stages.

Location hidden

#19044 Nov 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
mixed
LOL
Sounds like the creationist defense to me - lie lie and lie some more and hope it sticks.

If anyone smart mentioned evolution - attack them and whine, posting a few bible verses if necessary.

When everyone attacks the creationists, run away for a few weeks and them come back under a different name.

This is the creationist cowardice strategy for attacking the atheism forum, because you doubt your worthless cult.
LCNLin

United States

#19045 Nov 13, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly unsupported when you think logically about the similarity's to the Abrahamic movement dont you think?
Then there's the whole Muhammad was taken up to heaven on the temple mount which apparently is where jesus was taken up beforehand.
Hmmm! that was handy,
Do you think we should send archaeologists up there to hunt for this stargate?
Its a matter of some debate on here, but it seems the "prophets" plagiarismic tendencys are all too apparent.
Oh! except he wasnt really one for peace and all that nonsense.
And if you question his authority on it you have to remember that he is the last prophet! And the one true way :)
All in all i think he was not a very cunning man and as transparent as all the other "followers" who, well basically follow!
But nevermind the world will turn regardless and the governments will let you all argue and murder in your own lands and anything good you could have attained will just not happen....
His authority (which he didn't author) Is at best disingenious and at worst a hostile takeover bid!
"plagiarismic tendencys are all too apparent." to you...?
more of a Rand Paul issue in the states.

We all enjoy your opinions.
LCNLin

United States

#19046 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>Tell us, is it a personal devolution that causes your seizures?
we trust you will continue posting your humor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min Dogen 80,037
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 6 hr Eagle 12 - 119
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 16 hr Eagle 12 - 65
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sat Eagle 12 - 104
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Fri River Tam 32,582
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web