Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,490

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#18994 Nov 9, 2013
SB wrote:
1. The term Messiah means "anointed one" and this person will literally be anointed. Daniel 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people...to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy". Elijah will also be anointed. Zechariah 4:14. All of the OT laws will be observed until the Messiah comes to Jerusalem and changes them. "Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments". Malachi 4:4. Jesus' covenant to Christians was belief only. They are caught in the grip of Satan.

2. The final prophet is the Messiah. The God of Israel is the first and the last, and scripture ends with the resurrection. This will mark the beginning of the final earth age and the heavens and earth will be renewed. If Muhammad was a prophet of the God of Abraham, why is there so much hatred between Muslims and Jews? Muslims pay lip service to the living God but they do not obey his laws. The Christians are no different. The coming Messiah is the savior of the Jews.
Ans.

1. What are those "70 weeks" mentioned in Daniel 19:24? When they will start? Do you mean to say that "there will be a religious revolution" in the current Materialistic , atheist Ashkenazi controlled country of Isreal and they will start observing all laws of Torah?

(I think they will better prefer to go back to from where they came!!)

You are more believer in OT books than the people who wrote them!!

2. The Final Prophet has come and that happened 1400 years back.

If you are waiting for any New Messiah to come, that will be Anti Christ spoken in NT books.

It looks to me that you will be happy to follow that anti Christ than the real Messiah.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#18995 Nov 9, 2013
FS wrote:
01. But where is the proof to support your claim that Muhammad, Moses and Jesus performed miracles.

Only your scriptures back up your claims. Your scriptures cannot be trusted unless there are some evidences from an unbiased non-religious source that is consistent with your scriptures

02. There is no scientific evidences that Jesus had been existing long ago.

03. Your prophet seems to have been emulating someone like Jesus who had never walked on the face of the earth.

04. Any Tom, Dick or Harry could have declared himself as prophet since people of those times(except pagans) had belief in prophets(precedents of Muhammad) they had never witnessed in their lifetimes .
Ans.

01. Miracles performed on the hands of prophets Moses, Jesus, Mohammad and other prophets of God (Peace be on to them all) are things that do not happen every day.

In case of anything happening, it is the reports of eyewitness that is sufficient. People are sent tog allows based on the testimonies of eyewitness.

When reliable witnesses have given their testimony that they saw it happening, unless it is scientifically impossible, we will have to accept it.

02. Where is any scientific evidence that Great father of your great great grandfather ever existed? Bring scientific proof and then talk about jesus.

03. Our prophet never emulated any one, he was a prophet like many before him.

04. Yeas every Tom Dick and Harry can claim that he is a prophet of God, but he has to have all those qualities I mentioned in our discussion "Qualities of a True Prophet of God".

No Tom Dick and Harry would qualify that list.

It seems your memory is very short.

Why you post at all, when you have nothing to say?

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#18996 Nov 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. What are those "70 weeks" mentioned in Daniel 19:24? When they will start? Do you mean to say that "there will be a religious revolution" in the current Materialistic , atheist Ashkenazi controlled country of Isreal and they will start observing all laws of Torah?
(I think they will better prefer to go back to from where they came!!)
You are more believer in OT books than the people who wrote them!!
2. The Final Prophet has come and that happened 1400 years back.
If you are waiting for any New Messiah to come, that will be Anti Christ spoken in NT books.
It looks to me that you will be happy to follow that anti Christ than the real Messiah.
The vision and prophecy is to be sealed up. That is because scripture can be broken. The best way to ensure it all happens is ignorance. This is something God has taught me. But the breaking of scripture is the fulfillment of scripture. Christians call the real Messiah "Antichrist" and they will cause him to be killed. Whoever returns on the Mount of Olives is the real Messiah.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18997 Nov 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Miracles performed on the hands of prophets Moses, Jesus, Mohammad and other prophets of God (Peace be on to them all) are things that do not happen every day.
In case of anything happening, it is the reports of eyewitness that is sufficient. People are sent tog allows based on the testimonies of eyewitness.
When reliable witnesses have given their testimony that they saw it happening, unless it is scientifically impossible, we will have to accept it.
02. Where is any scientific evidence that Great father of your great great grandfather ever existed? Bring scientific proof and then talk about jesus.
04. Yeas every Tom Dick and Harry can claim that he is a prophet of God, but he has to have all those qualities I mentioned in our discussion "Qualities of a True Prophet of God".
Simple minded troll liar with no proof of god no no honesty whatsoever.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18998 Nov 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1)You have repeated this many times.I am still holding the same position.How could anyone perform miracles that defy physical laws?
The oldest copy of Bible dates back to 2 century A.D.
While the specualated prophet Jesus is supposed to have died in 1 century A.D.Hence,the so called eye-witnesses must have not written the Bible.
There is a good chance that someone might have made up the stories.
Hence,the authencity of Jesus's existence is questioned.
2)Silly argument.I don't have to prove my ancestors' existence since I am the one living proof of their existence.But if I were to say,My great great grandfather was a prophet and performed miracles,I should prove it with plausible evidences.
The same cannot be said in the case of Jesus as neither his progeny traced nor there is any archaelogical evidence dating back to 1st century A.D..We only get to hear about such a great man in abrahamic scriptures.
3)Oxymoronic sentence!You are claiming that Muhammad was prophet and the same time denying that he never tried to be like a prophet.
Or you did you mean he was not like other prophets?
4)My memory isn't short.
None of your posts on qualities of prophet had any significant benchmark.
Some highlights of your posts on qualities of prophets in paraphrased sentences:
1)Prophets never contradict precedent prophets' teachings and follow their footsteps.
Ans:Do you think it would have been difficult for Muhammad to not contradict Jesus when there is a good possibility that he must have known the teachings of Bible?
Even there are many Muslims that ardently adhere to teachings of Quran.Are they all prophets?
2)Prophets are men.
Ans:Seriously,is this a benchmark?Who have set this benchmark?Your own prophets whose honesty/intergrity is questioned.How plausible it is that your alleged prophets qualified themselves as prophets by setting their own standard?
3)Prophets deliever God's messages and deliver the message without any corruption.
Ans:This is not a benchmark.How would we know if they were delivering god's messages without any corruption.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#18999 Nov 10, 2013
old nick wrote:
ahh its that time of year again.....when that age old myth rears its ugly head!
myself ive never believed in santa claus!!
There was never a santa Claus, never any god at all!
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19000 Nov 10, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish,,, in order to reject something, we at first have to consider it, even if only briefly.
At the middelages some popes possessed thousands of slaves(!)
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19001 Nov 10, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
At the middelages some popes possessed thousands of slaves(!)
In 1488, Pope Innocent VIII accepted the gift of 100 slaves from Ferdinand II of Aragon, and distributed those slaves to his cardinals and the Roman nobility.[82]
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholi...ch_and...

Religion = superstition
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#19002 Nov 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid people sell their stupid to more stupid, and thats why we have cults all over the earth.
Ever heard from the atomic Age? Ever heard from nuclear Inferno? No?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#19003 Nov 10, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard from the atomic Age? Ever heard from nuclear Inferno? No?
We've also heard of (not from Henry)'sounding paranoid' and 'staying on topic'.
old nick

Birmingham, UK

#19004 Nov 10, 2013
protons....electrons,,,nuetron s!!
old nick

Birmingham, UK

#19005 Nov 10, 2013
fossil records?
the fact that this planet is 5 billion years old!

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19006 Nov 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows how good are you in understanding scriptures..not knowing a word of Arabic it seems and posing as authority on Quran and Islam.
The usual lot for people like you.
I may not understand Arabic but the translators do.

The sun still doesn't set in a muddy spring in any language.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19007 Nov 10, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not understand Arabic but the translators do.
The sun still doesn't set in a muddy spring in any language.
It is the translators who mislead many people.

Does sun ever sets?

Why then every news paper in the world has timing for sun rise and sun set?

I did not see you objecting to that, did you?

What a non scientific thing, right in front of our eyes ?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19008 Nov 10, 2013
SB wrote:
The vision and prophecy is to be sealed up. That is because scripture can be broken. The best way to ensure it all happens is ignorance. This is something God has taught me. But the breaking of scripture is the fulfillment of scripture. Christians call the real Messiah "Antichrist" and they will cause him to be killed. Whoever returns on the Mount of Olives is the real Messiah.
Ans.

You are entitled to live in your own "fantasy land"!!

For such people there can be no argument.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#19009 Nov 10, 2013
FS wrote:
1)You have repeated this many times.I am still holding the same position. How could anyone perform miracles that defy physical laws?
The oldest copy of Bible dates back to 2 century A.D.
While the specualated prophet Jesus is supposed to have died in 1 century A.D.Hence,the so called eye-witnesses must have not written the Bible.
There is a good chance that someone might have made up the stories.
Hence,the authencity of Jesus's existence is questioned.
2)Silly argument.I don't have to prove my ancestors' existence since I am the one living proof of their existence.But if I were to say,My great great grandfather was a prophet and performed miracles,I should prove it with plausible evidences.
The same cannot be said in the case of Jesus as neither his progeny traced nor there is any archaelogical evidence dating back to 1st century A.D..We only get to hear about such a great man in abrahamic scriptures.
3)Oxymoronic sentence!You are claiming that Muhammad was prophet and the same time denying that he never tried to be like a prophet.
Or you did you mean he was not like other prophets?
4)My memory isn't short.
2)Prophets are men.
Ans:Seriously,is this a benchmark?Who have set this benchmark?Your own prophets whose honesty/intergrity is questioned.How plausible it is that your alleged prophets qualified themselves as prophets by setting their own standard?
3)Prophets deliever God's messages and deliver the message without any corruption.
Ans:This is not a benchmark.How would we know if they were delivering god's messages without any corruption.
Ans.

01. You fail to understand that Miracles of prophet are "Acts of God" and not "Acts of prophets". They are performed with the authority of God.

How do you KNOW that you have understood ALL the Physical laws?

02. So if the oldest Bible is dated 2nd Century CE, does is prove, nothing happened before 2nd Century CE?

If you go by that standard, then you should burn all books of History, because they were all written many centuries after events happened.

So there was no history of ancient India, Europe and any where?

03. The silly is your argument and not me, you have no proof of their existence, you even do not KNOW who really were your great great grandparents.

04. You are commenting NOW on qualities of prophets, when the discussion is over.

PS:

It seems we are just moving in circles, and what is the purpose of all these discussions?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19010 Nov 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You have very strange test to explain why there is no God.
Just explain how this Universe came into being!!
Who cares how it came to be, it wasn't due to any piss poor insecure 'focused on serving the penis' broken little god. The universe is immense and the Abrahamic god so small and limited. Any god making and caring about humans, would know that the smallest and most vulnerable people would need be protected. Infants are neither capable of giving consent, nor are they physically adequate to withstand sexual battery by adults. That you can even think of an infant and your penis, as compatible proves no god is possible.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19011 Nov 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>..
It seems we are just moving in circles, and what is the purpose of all these discussions?
The purpose of the discussions is to debate topix of interest. The purpose is for the sheep (i.e. you and fellow theists) to 'wake up'. By waking up you stop lying to yourself (self-delusion) and stop giving your time and energy over to shepherds (priests/imams), to learn the truth and to move from a position of ignorance and superstition to one of enlightenment and reality.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19012 Nov 11, 2013
I notice in the news typhoon haiyan has killed 10,000 and left millions homeless and in chaos. You would expect an all powerful loving God to have diverted the path of the typhoon?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#19013 Nov 11, 2013
The majority of the international assistance for such disasters come from secular agencies such as the US Government, the EU and secular aid agencies. Hopefully they can get to the people most in need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why? 5 min Uncle Sam 4
Christianity Created Hitler 1 hr Gillette 152
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 5 hr thetruth 24
The Consequences of Atheism 5 hr ChristineM 68
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr thetruth 234,529
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 12 hr thetruth 1,233
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 12 hr thetruth 2,841
More from around the web