Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
17,841 - 17,860 of 21,504 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

#18883 Oct 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Creator who KNOWS which one of the millions of sperms shall mate....it is the Creator who knows which planet shall have life and in what form.
What is your problem with it?
It seems to be more of randomness than a conscious choice by a conscious creator.If you disagree,prove me wrong!

Devil's hometown

#18884 Oct 25, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>One problem with that premise, how do we know it was his one sperm(effort) that made it? Too many other gods, and too many older gods, the upstart Yahweh/Jehovah/Allah needs to submit to a paternity test.
Only one sperm makes it to the ovum.Once a sperm enters the ovum,the surface of the ovum prevents other sperms to penetrate it.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18885 Oct 26, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be upset about your beliefs. Is that because you are a struggling atheist? Do you mind if I laugh at your struggles?
To you I seem upset, that I have no religious beliefs?

Truly odd. Should I maybe sign up to believe in a god who would make you eat your children? I could become a cannibalistic vampire and zombie wanta be, and then I wouldn't be atheist anymore. I would be Christain again.

Earth,TX

#18886 Oct 26, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one sperm makes it to the ovum.Once a sperm enters the ovum,the surface of the ovum prevents other sperms to penetrate it.
Actually that's pretty piss poor performance for a god. He is no better than any ordinary human at reproduction, but he sure likes to act as if he did something. Compare him to man, and he fails to even measure up to the worst example. DNA shows him not to be the father.

Devil's hometown

#18887 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>Actually that's pretty piss poor performance for a god. He is no better than any ordinary human at reproduction, but he sure likes to act as if he did something. Compare him to man, and he fails to even measure up to the worst example. DNA shows him not to be the father.
Yes,95% of genes are supposedly non-functional and yet they exist in us.Scientists predict some of them might be actually functioning but majority of them is highly unlikely to be useful genes.
What kind of an intelligent being would design DNA with such a poor efficiency?
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18888 Oct 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Creator who KNOWS which one of the millions of sperms shall mate....it is the Creator who knows which planet shall have life and in what form.
In your mind this was all planed and arranged from day one when the universe came to be,,, very hard for logical people to accept.
That is my problem with it.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18889 Oct 26, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
According to Muq this is all planed from day one.
His god, whom he seems to believe knows best, planed for the birth of such people as Hitler.
This is the bench mark Muq sets for a super inteligent all knowing being.
Ridiculous in the extreme.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18890 Oct 26, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,95% of genes are supposedly non-functional and yet they exist in us.Scientists predict some of them might be actually functioning but majority of them is highly unlikely to be useful genes.
Precisely.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18891 Oct 26, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Under 02% in the USA,
In England Septic pays taxes to the Church of England an established Church.
Population of UK, 63.705.000.

Churches and cathedrals, 30.000

Mosques. 1.500

Do the maths.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18892 Oct 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They might be aware of what they were doing, but they did not have any control over what would the consequences of what they were doing.
They did the same act many times, and it was only "once in a blue moon" that out of millions of male sperm, one was "made to mate" with its female counterpart.
Will you call that "Your parents created you"? Can any one be dumber.
Yes I am obsessed with Newton, Darwin and Einstein, because you are also obsessed with them
The only dumb sh*t here is you, with no proof of god, trying to drop Einstein into your paragraph with no luck.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18893 Oct 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then only one sperm would be needed (for the one egg), so why do the millions of other sperm exist?

The reason is because the odds on one sperm making it to the egg and fertilising it are so small that millions are needed.

This proves the whole process is random rather than deterministic.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18894 Oct 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the creator who KNOWS you are abusing it's name by spreading hate, filth and lies.

Think about that for a sec, why don't you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18895 Oct 26, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Population of UK, 63.705.000.
Churches and cathedrals, 30.000
Mosques. 1.500
Do the maths.
Math?

That is a skill no True Believerô can possess-- it requires logic.

Something they eschew in order to maintain their faith.

Earth,TX

#18896 Oct 26, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
The same kind (priests) who would think that threatening a parent to cook and eat thier children, was going to bow them down. The men wielding the god-myth tool, really don't get it. Threaten a child, and a real parent will face down and destroy even a god. That in itself is proof that no parent god exists in the Abrahamic god-myths.

Devil's hometown

#18897 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>The same kind (priests) who would think that threatening a parent to cook and eat thier children, was going to bow them down. The men wielding the god-myth tool, really don't get it. Threaten a child, and a real parent will face down and destroy even a god. That in itself is proof that no parent god exists in the Abrahamic god-myths.
Good observation!
Ishmael was to sacrifice his child until Allah sent a poor sheep(which didn't have its say) to get sacrificed.
So I am wondering if Muslims would have been sacrificing their children had the sheep never came to risk its life.
Poor Sheep!:(

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18898 Oct 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I hate to break it to you, but I'm an atheist and I still have birthdays.
WTF are you talking about?
H
That's what I am saying, If the government were to ban religion they would have to take away every aspect of it..

Believe me religious beliefs are in almost everything .

Have you ever wondered why birthday celebration s include singing gifts and birthday wishes.

If religion is to be gone than simply every aspect of would have to go.

Religion is flawed just like science but without them human society would fall.

A world without religion hahaha you think we have it tough now ... The world would go In to a great tribulation.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18899 Oct 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The only dumb sh*t here is you, with no proof of god, trying to drop Einstein into your paragraph with no luck.
We can't depend on humans period. gods do exist , anything you worship can be a god. Presidents, look at south Korea.

The Roman Caesars, The egyptian pharaohs etc

Now if he is trying to evidence of gods yes they exist but if is trying to prove the God of the bible Jehovah. Which is supposed to be the same God the Jews and muslims worship..however they don't go along with bible teachings..instead they rely on man made teachings and they never say the divine name instead they use titles

God , Allah are just titles. For example if I say brother or dad. Their are billions of dads and brothers.

Now the God of the bible is Yahweh or Jehovah and the name means causes to create or become. And the word human means of the earth

So if you are a true christian than evidence of Jehovah would be the things created.

Offcourse if you are atheist than this wouldn't mean anything to you.

But to answer your question , yes physical gods to exist but if you are looking for evidence of the divine God Jehovah, than he would likely be way out of our universe.

Either way we can't say that he does or doesn't exist.

Humans can't answer every question . Atheist have been around for centuries.
Its nothing new .

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18900 Oct 27, 2013
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't depend on humans period. gods do exist , anything you worship can be a god. Presidents, look at south Korea.
Now if he is trying to evidence of gods yes they exist but if is trying to prove the God of the bible Jehovah. Which is supposed to be the same God the Jews and muslims worship..however they don't go along with bible teachings..instead they rely on man made teachings and they never say the divine name instead they use titles
God , Allah are just titles. For example if I say brother or dad. Their are billions of dads and brothers.
Now the God of the bible is Yahweh or Jehovah and the name means causes to create or become. And the word human means of the earth
So if you are a true christian than evidence of Jehovah would be the things created.
But to answer your question , yes physical gods to exist but if you are looking for evidence of the divine God Jehovah, than he would likely be way out of our universe.
Its nothing new .
There's a no proof of god, widening the definition of god to brother or dad is meaningless gibberish. The liars must prove their god, or stop polluting the planet with lies, that is all that needs to happen.
spider

Huntingdon, UK

#18901 Oct 27, 2013
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Its nothing new .
HUMANS CAN'T ANSWER EVERY QUESTION.

To date man has answered many questions and continues to do so through inteligent research experiments and the application of logic.

The tragedy is that this work and the quest for answers has been held back by supersticion and fear for centuries.

Thankfully man as a species continues to move gradually forward as he throws of the man made shackles of religion.
spider

Huntingdon, UK

#18902 Oct 27, 2013
Opps, superstition.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ultimate Evidence of God 13 min CunningLinguist 62
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Patrick 226,389
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 6 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 7 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 7 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 8 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••