Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24099 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

Ely, UK

#18827 Oct 21, 2013
exist
A christian

Stafford, UK

#18828 Oct 21, 2013
if you say you are nothing'
you maywell become nothing'
it is along way to nothing'
and you may gain nothing'
without love we are nothing'
and we gain stress and pain which are worth nothing'
guess who Loves you and who thinks you are very important and precious' Jesus Christ' our Lord & Best Friend' you can find Him and Chat at Home when you Pray' The Lord never refuses to Help when asked in a proper respectful way' its true’ the Lord Helped me and i'am greatful and feel better and happy at last!
He will Help you’ just pray and talk to Him! JESUS’
spider

Ely, UK

#18829 Oct 21, 2013
final wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for showing me just how ugly and rotten atheism has made you out to be.
Ugly and rotten people exist without the aid of either atheism or religion.
spider

Ely, UK

#18830 Oct 21, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming more silly with every new post,MUQ.You are still assuming that universe has "god made devices".
That is why I've been asking you to show some evidences or come up with good logical arguments to support your claim that universe has been created.
Yes.

Man made devices are backed by evidence.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18831 Oct 21, 2013
A christian wrote:
if you say you are nothing'
you maywell become nothing'
it is along way to nothing'
and you may gain nothing'
without love we are nothing'
and we gain stress and pain which are worth nothing'
guess who Loves you and who thinks you are very important and precious' Jesus Christ' our Lord & Best Friend' you can find Him and Chat at Home when you Pray' The Lord never refuses to Help when asked in a proper respectful way' its true’ the Lord Helped me and i'am greatful and feel better and happy at last!
He will Help you’ just pray and talk to Him! JESUS’
Relgion = superstition
Get over it.
LCNLin

United States

#18832 Oct 23, 2013
Prince George was carried into the Chapel Royal by his father, the Duke of Cambridge

The christening of Prince George has taken place in the Chapel Royal at St James's Palace in London.

The prince, third in line to the throne, was baptised by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

The christening was private, with only senior royals, four members of the Middleton family, the seven godparents and their spouses among the 22 guests.

Prince George, son of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, was born in London on 22 July.

The duchess carried her newly christened son out of the chapel after the ceremony, and the guests then left for tea hosted by the Prince of Wales at Clarence House.

Godparents revealed
The godparents, announced earlier, are Oliver Baker, Emilia Jardine-Paterson, Earl Grosvenor, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Julia Samuel, William van Cutsem and Zara Tindall.

Mrs Tindall, wife of former England rugby player Mike Tindall, is Prince William's cousin, while the other six godparents are all friends of the royal couple.
LCNLin

United States

#18833 Oct 23, 2013
Seems not in Great Britain :-)
LCNLin

United States

#18834 Oct 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We're tired of hearing your stupid sh*t. Go back to your cult and tell them you failed, like you did these past weeks and don't come back.
Needs a bit of profanity to make her point?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18835 Oct 23, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Prince George was carried into the Chapel ...
The prince, third in line to the throne, was baptised by the Archbishop of Canterbury.....
http://www.republic.org.uk/
MUQ

Vidisha, India

#18836 Oct 23, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming more silly with every new post,MUQ.You are still assuming that universe has "god made devices".
That is why I've been asking you to show some evidences or come up with good logical arguments to support your claim that universe has been created.
Why don't you create those "God made devices"?

Why not create a "few galaxies" out there? There are already billion there!

Why not bring sun closer to earth?
MUQ

Vidisha, India

#18837 Oct 23, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Gods are man made devices. One god in particular was created so that your peoples would no longer protect thier own children from sexual battery and rape.
It worked out great for one pedophile, and helped create millions more perverts. Thighing babies is ungodly, a horrendous man made indecency, from a perverted monster of a prophet.
There would have been some truth in what you say, if humans were able to create any thing that God created.

When they are unable to do it, it is only their "stupidity" to deny the existence of God.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18838 Oct 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
I am asking you if universe was really created or not.And you are asking me to create galaxies?
MUQ,you need to prove that universe was created.We atheists have different perception that you need to understand.
Our perception is universe may have easily come into existence without any need of conscious being.We do not see universe as a "conscious creation".
If you want to argue that universe was created by God,then the very first thing you need to explain is why do you think universe couldn't have been born without any intelligence being involved in its creation?
PS:Ask your God to bring sun closer to earth.We would believe him if he does so.:D
spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18840 Oct 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What god made devices ?

Am I your brother ?
spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18841 Oct 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There would have been some truth in what you say, if humans were able to create any thing that God created.
When they are unable to do it, it is only their "stupidity" to deny the existence of God.
Name one thing, just ONE thing, that you consider that your god created, that can be substantiated with any degree of proof,,,, just one thing.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18842 Oct 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods can't create what man did. Man created gods, all of them. That is why the gods are so ungodly, and so damned human. Look to your god, for instance .... a cheap rtip-off of the Jewish god, and too he is an enabler of pedophiles! What more proof is there, a god so damned ungodly and is instead purely perverted, allowing adults to prey on children.

A real god would incinerate your god.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18843 Oct 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The SAME way, it bothers you, why there are so many people who still believe in God and religion!!
These are places where people exchange their ideas and speak about their beliefs, why should we stop discussing and put ourselves into different cages?
The charges and the language which you people used against those who still believe in God and religions, is much harsher and abusive than what we use.
Poor argument there MUQ.

I have no problem arguing ideas with you.

But when it comes to governments enacting laws to force you to believe (or have you pretend you believe) in a religion... that's a different story now, isn't it?
MUQ

Bhopal, India

#18844 Oct 23, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one thing, just ONE thing, that you consider that your god created, that can be substantiated with any degree of proof,,,, just one thing.
Why only one thing, there are billions upon billions of thing which God created and His creation power has not ceased.

He is continue creating trillions of things every day,

You want ONE example, who created you? Your parents, you yourself, or Darwin, Newton or Einstein?

I never imagined, I would ever see a dumb question like this!!
MUQ

Bhopal, India

#18845 Oct 23, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor argument there MUQ.
I have no problem arguing ideas with you.
But when it comes to governments enacting laws to force you to believe (or have you pretend you believe) in a religion... that's a different story now, isn't it?
I do not know any Govt. enacting laws to "force any one to believe in any religion".

Govt. enacting laws to "ask people" to act on what they believe is totally different thing.

You even do not know what are the issues, do you?
MUQ

Bhopal, India

#18846 Oct 23, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Gods can't create what man did. Man created gods, all of them. That is why the gods are so ungodly, and so damned human. Look to your god, for instance .... a cheap rtip-off of the Jewish god, and too he is an enabler of pedophiles! What more proof is there, a god so damned ungodly and is instead purely perverted, allowing adults to prey on children.
A real god would incinerate your god.
Is there any meaning in what you said?

Count there are how many contradictory statements in one paragraph!!

Such are people who want to discuss this topic with me!!

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18847 Oct 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know any Govt. enacting laws to "force any one to believe in any religion".
Govt. enacting laws to "ask people" to act on what they believe is totally different thing.
You even do not know what are the issues, do you?
Ahh, but do not governments enact laws to give privilege to the preferred state religion? They'll certainly give you a nudge or shove or electric shock or imprisonment to "guide" you.

And "ask people"?

Is that like a mugger holding a gun to your head asking "please, give me your wallet?"

By your standard, there's no crime. The mugger asked nicely and you gave "freely."

I see the issues you put forth.

That you are not fooling me with your poor arguments seems to be the problem. For you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 43,281
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 21 min woodtick57 21,183
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 55 min sharps war 9,370
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 256,564
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 18,574
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Eagle 12 758
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 10,053
More from around the web