Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18805 Oct 19, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagreed. Christianity, Buddhism and Islam are increasing massively every day and if no one has noticed, atheism is very slowly but surely dropping.
However, I do agree with the last sentence
There may well appear to be an increase in religious belief in your locality,,, however if you widen your research to a global scale, you will discover the opposite is true.
spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18806 Oct 19, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just that atheists can't stand the true answers. They substitute them with lies, and by default practice being liars.
What true answers?
Please please don't try to tell me you offer some stories from an ancient book as evidence of your view,, surely you have something of substance to offer,,

I look forward to your reply and the evidence and proof that will be contained within,,, however, as I and others before me have already waited since the dawn of time,,, perhaps you will excuse me whilst I follow a rational and inteligent path.
spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18807 Oct 19, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Rather pathetic defensive mumbo jumbo
and You though atheists were logical
Example here ?
LOL
<quoted text>
Unbelievable,,, you haven't read the Bible, your faith is based on what you have been told, you haven't carried out any research. All of this is evident from your post.
spider

Saint Neots, UK

#18808 Oct 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you energy existed before Big Bang?
Yes there is a BIG MYSTERY what is big band and how is happened. And what was its purpose?
That is why you have to turn to religion and find basic answers to all these questions.
Why live in total darkness, when answers to your questions are here.
And that includes the BASIC QUESTION about you also, what is purpose of your creation and what will happen to you when you die.
Have you any answers to these questions, or are content to just believe in "what you wish or assume"?
You think you people are very reasonable and logical, while in reality you are most illogical and unreasonable person that any one can see around them.
You Muq are the unreasonable one, it is you that is illogical.

You go through life requiring an instruction manual on how to live, how to think.

The reality is that you do have alternative thoughts, you do have questions,, and because you feel you have betrayed your instruction manual you feel you have sinned.

You are in denial.

Follow your freedom of thought, don't be like the sheep, free your mind.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18809 Oct 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is a BIG MYSTERY what is big band and how is happened. And what was its purpose?
That is why you have to turn to religion and find basic answers to all these questions.
Why live in total darkness, when answers to your questions are here.
And that includes the BASIC QUESTION about you also, what is purpose of your creation and what will happen to you when you die.
Have you any answers to these questions, or are content to just believe in "what you wish or assume"?
You think you people are very reasonable and logical, while in reality you are most illogical and unreasonable person that any one can see around them.
Why should we turn to religion when there is no clear evidence that God exists?You have to prove God exists and secondly that your religion is true
Life doesn't have any inherent meaning or objective.There is no answer to the question why we exist since that question is inane and will only be sound if your claim(that god exists) is true.Since there is no proof it is absurd to ask such question.
We as a human being have certain amount of free will and we can create meaning of our life and live it in our way.
Since you can't create meaning & objective of your own;you have no authority on your life and lent it to religion.
LCNLin

United States

#18810 Oct 19, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Fool, it is your buybull god who will make you "the believer" eat your children. Leviticus 26: 29 Read it and weep.
English is obviously not your first language
Take and ESOL class
or post in Taliban Arabic
you first language?
Ocean56

AOL

#18811 Oct 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Did you ask question, what is your purpose of life? And what shall happen to you once you are dead?
I have what I think is a better question, for you and all militant religionists: Why does it bother you that there ARE atheists who don't accept your beliefs as "facts?"
Ocean56

AOL

#18812 Oct 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:

And we "have to turn to religion" because YOU say we should? Sorry, but you're mistaken. We don't have to do any such thing.

I kicked what I call the toxic baggage of all gods, religions and churches over 25 years ago, and I still consider it one of the best decisions I ever made. I have no intention of trading the happiness of secularist FREEDOM for the miseries of religionist slavery. Happy to disappoint you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18814 Oct 19, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Take and ESOL class
you first language?
We're tired of hearing your stupid sh*t. Go back to your cult and tell them you failed, like you did these past weeks and don't come back.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18815 Oct 19, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Take and ESOL class
you first language?
Clodpate!
In English, it should been written as "Take >>> an <<< ESL class".
MUQ

Bhopal, India

#18816 Oct 19, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have what I think is a better question, for you and all militant religionists: Why does it bother you that there ARE atheists who don't accept your beliefs as "facts?"
The SAME way, it bothers you, why there are so many people who still believe in God and religion!!

These are places where people exchange their ideas and speak about their beliefs, why should we stop discussing and put ourselves into different cages?

The charges and the language which you people used against those who still believe in God and religions, is much harsher and abusive than what we use.
MUQ

Bhopal, India

#18817 Oct 19, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
You Muq are the unreasonable one, it is you that is illogical.
You go through life requiring an instruction manual on how to live, how to think.
The reality is that you do have alternative thoughts, you do have questions,, and because you feel you have betrayed your instruction manual you feel you have sinned.
You are in denial.
Follow your freedom of thought, don't be like the sheep, free your mind.
Yeah, you are right.

And would you not expect the "same behaviour" in somethings which you "created"?

For example, if your press the "Break Peddle", do you expect your car to accelerate?

And when you turn your AC on, do you expect it to go off?

What would you do to such "Non obeying gadgets"?

Location hidden

#18818 Oct 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The SAME way, it bothers you, why there are so many people who still believe in God and religion!!
For the same reason that half the planet is starving - there's no god and 90% of people on the planet are ignorant arseholes who don't care one bit about different sized, shaped or coloured human beings, selfishly preoccupied with their own self-image based imaginary afterlife and hateful religious mental illness.

Location hidden

#18819 Oct 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are right.
And would you not expect the "same behaviour" in somethings which you "created"?
For example, if your press the "Break Peddle", do you expect your car to accelerate?
You just need to prove you god instead of lie about it, and you instantly get respect. But its a mental illness after all - its stops you from bring honest.

Mumbai, India

#18820 Oct 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are right.
You are simply polluting this thread with your inane logic.You have to prove that life(or universe) has been created before making any analogies with man made devices.
It is just that simple.
goitre

Manchester, UK

#18822 Oct 20, 2013
Clint wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism is the only hope humanity has to survive and flourish.
. You really believe that? Educate yourself, please. Capitalism is the reason for most of the worlds wrongs and conflicts. Social democracy with state and private enterprise running in tandem is the answer.
MUQ

Bhopal, India

#18823 Oct 20, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply polluting this thread with your inane logic.You have to prove that life(or universe) has been created before making any analogies with man made devices.
It is just that simple.
"Man made devices"!! Now you got the truth!!

What we have in universe are God made devices and Man made devices!!

Can you create any "God made devices"?

What else you need as proof?

Mumbai, India

#18824 Oct 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming more silly with every new post,MUQ.You are still assuming that universe has "god made devices".
That is why I've been asking you to show some evidences or come up with good logical arguments to support your claim that universe has been created.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18825 Oct 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods are man made devices. One god in particular was created so that your peoples would no longer protect thier own children from sexual battery and rape.

It worked out great for one pedophile, and helped create millions more perverts. Thighing babies is ungodly, a horrendous man made indecency, from a perverted monster of a prophet.
spider

Ely, UK

#18826 Oct 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are right.
I see what you are alluding to and the comparison you make.

Option 1. MEN OF LEARNED AND SCIENTIFIC MIND.

Wishing to get from point A to point B, in a faster fashion than horse back, these men CREATED the automobile.

In order that lesser men should not make mistakes when carrying out repairs, the learned men wrote a book, the book is called an instruction manual.

Option 2. MEN OF DICTORIAL OR FEARFULL MIND.

Wishing to understand why they exit, where did the universe come from and why they eventually die, these men CREATED god.

In order that lesser and gullible men should behave and not ask questions, these control freaks wrote a book, the book was called the bible, it has many variations to suit the individuals is is written for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Regolith Based Li... 93,375
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... Fri blacklagoon 3 78
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Fri Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Apr 9 Wisdom of Ages 6,048