Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24083 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

Ely, UK

#18758 Oct 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
True Athesists are the people having Maximum Doubts.
Whenever they see anything in the universe, their subconcious asks "Who created it"?
They lie and suppress their subconcious by saying "They just came by themselves".
And then they boast that they have "No Doubts"!!
There are no bigger liars in this Universe than the so called "True Atheists"!!
You couldn't be more wrong Muq, I have no doubhts whatsoever regarding the existence of Gods.

I am interested in the universe, how the stars work, and the evolution of all species including man. I have never had any thoughts as to who created it all.

I look for answers through science and research, you should try it sometime.

I do not boast about having no doubhts, it's just a fact where I am concerned. Unlike you I do not live in fear.

Finnaly, I do not lie, what would be the point ? It is yourself that has been duped and lied to, now in turn you spread those lies.
spider

Ely, UK

#18759 Oct 16, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
What we ask is who created the creator.
We then reason that if the creator can just exist without explanation then why not the universe which is far simpler?
Thus we dismiss God as nothing more than the bad logic of the simple minded.
Good post, great reply.
MUQ

Indore, India

#18760 Oct 16, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing absurd in his argument.If something with infinite power(God) can come into existence on its own why not something that is finite(universe)?
Why can't universe be analogous to absolute zero temperature?
True,creation needs creator(s).Otherwise it wouldn't be a creation.
But what makes you think that universe is a creation,a machine kind of thing?Prove that matter and energy has been created.We would all become deists,if not theists.
You have been ranting the same things again and again like a broken record without any solid premises to buttress your claims
You cannot and should not call God as "Infinite Power". What is power?

And what is more absurd in saying that a "less powerful" creation (Universe)can create itslef, does it means the lesser power you have, more are the chances that you can create yourself?

The smarter you try to pose yourself the more idiotic is your arguments.
MUQ

Indore, India

#18761 Oct 16, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
We might have asked ourselves "who created universe".All credits goes to religion to confuse people and let people(including atheists) if a creator exists.
But it was never a doubt for me once I started to ask "why universe would need a creator".Thinking universe is a creation of somebody,is an unwarranted assumption unless you have a proof for it.It either implies that religious people are not sure about the meaning of "creation" or they have some kind of gut instinct of believing creationism .
And if you closely observe all physical phenomena you would find they happen in cycles.With no end and no beginning!Circles do not have beginnings MUQ!.
It is you religious people who are so certain about the universe and yet have no proof to prove your stance.
Most of the atheists do not deny God.We just say that such an entity is highly unlikely.Because,we accept the fact that there is always some ounce of uncertainty in the universe.
WE BECAME ATHEISTS BY REASON,NOT INDOCTRINATION.
PS:When are you going to answer my question?Who set the standards to judge a prophet?And how did human beings came to know about it?
The question is not "Why Universe SHOULD need a Creator".....the question is that can anything create itself, or can get created by chance?

Look at this Universe and answer these questions honestly?

Are we able to create anything just by chance? Can even a simple thing like needle comto into existence by just hammering and twisting steel wires or rods?

I do not know where your people' intelligence and reasoning and logical power goew away, when you ask simple basic questions.

PS:

Some times back you were interested in knowing about Prophets of God. Now you threw your hat in discussing about existence of God itslef?

Are you honest in any of your discussions and questions? I think not.

That is why I refused to answer your posts, because you do not even know what you are asking to know.
MUQ

Indore, India

#18762 Oct 16, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more wrong Muq, I have no doubhts whatsoever regarding the existence of Gods.
I am interested in the universe, how the stars work, and the evolution of all species including man. I have never had any thoughts as to who created it all.
I look for answers through science and research, you should try it sometime.
I do not boast about having no doubhts, it's just a fact where I am concerned. Unlike you I do not live in fear.
Finnaly, I do not lie, what would be the point ? It is yourself that has been duped and lied to, now in turn you spread those lies.
Who stops you from exploring this Universe and find out how it works.

Quran asks us repeatedly to ponder on this universe, stars, day and night and clouds and water cycle and every thing in it, animal kingdom, vegetable kingdom and living creatures and on human body and its making.

Do you mean to say that God will "shy away" and "Be afraid" if Humans know some details about how this universe and differeent forces in it are wortking?

In fact the more closely you study universe, the more convinced you should get about Creators. Wisdom, Power, Mercy and Knowledge.

It is starnge that your "puny knowledge" about some thing in this Universe, moves you to "stupidity" of denying the existence of Creator itslef!!

This shows that either you are not sincere in your study, or so much engrossed in the study of Universe that you forgot "Your own purpose of coming into the world"!!

This is like an Engineering Student, who got so much interested in reading books about Medicine that he forgot all about his own subject and do you know how much marks such student will get in his exam?

Will he not be considered a failure?

The same is case with people like you, who THINK that purpose of their lives is to KNOW how this universe works.

No it is not.

You should ask yourself, what is your purpsoe of life, if you are unable to find correct answer, ask me.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18763 Oct 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot and should not call God as "Infinite Power". What is power?
And what is more absurd in saying that a "less powerful" creation (Universe)can create itslef, does it means the lesser power you have, more are the chances that you can create yourself?
The smarter you try to pose yourself the more idiotic is your arguments.
Is it me or you?You are trying to prove "God" on an unwarranted assumption that universe is a of someone. MUQ,what makes you think universe is a creation?
You are using the word "creation" as if "creation" is synonymous to universe."Creation" is a job done by some conscious being.
Why do you think universe must have been created by a God and could not come into existence with some physical energy ?
I didn't mean universe came on its own.I just meant universe may not have needed a conscious creator called "God".It's just came by an interaction of matter and energy.
I do not know what your perception of "God" is.Perceptions can differ.

Mumbai, India

#18764 Oct 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is not "Why Universe SHOULD need a Creator".....the question is that can anything create itself, or can get created by chance?
Look at this Universe and answer these questions honestly?
Are we able to create anything just by chance? Can even a simple thing like needle comto into existence by just hammering and twisting steel wires or rods?
I do not know where your people' intelligence and reasoning and logical power goew away, when you ask simple basic questions.
PS:
Some times back you were interested in knowing about Prophets of God. Now you threw your hat in discussing about existence of God itslef?
Are you honest in any of your discussions and questions? I think not.
That is why I refused to answer your posts, because you do not even know what you are asking to know.
The same you would argue that we human beings have not created anything on our own;all we have been doing is manipulation of different materials available in nature.It was nothing but law of conservation of energy in other words.
?
The universe is full of energy and matter.So universe wasn't "created".If I am wrong,then entire physics is wrong.
You are making another argument that universe must have needed an intelligent creator because everything that we created(or manipulated) required intelligence.
Isn't that make us and your God comparable since both God and us are intelligent although on different scales?
PS:I am still interested in our old discussion.But I thought you've lost interest since you had initiated this discussion on "God" with your reply post to "spider".
spider

Ely, UK

#18765 Oct 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who stops you from exploring this Universe and find out how it works.
Quran asks us repeatedly to ponder on this universe, stars, day and night and clouds and water cycle and every thing in it, animal kingdom, vegetable kingdom and living creatures and on human body and its making.
Do you mean to say that God will "shy away" and "Be afraid" if Humans know some details about how this universe and differeent forces in it are wortking?
In fact the more closely you study universe, the more convinced you should get about Creators. Wisdom, Power, Mercy and Knowledge.
It is starnge that your "puny knowledge" about some thing in this Universe, moves you to "stupidity" of denying the existence of Creator itslef!!
This shows that either you are not sincere in your study, or so much engrossed in the study of Universe that you forgot "Your own purpose of coming into the world"!!
This is like an Engineering Student, who got so much interested in reading books about Medicine that he forgot all about his own subject and do you know how much marks such student will get in his exam?
Will he not be considered a failure?
The same is case with people like you, who THINK that purpose of their lives is to KNOW how this universe works.
No it is not.
You should ask yourself, what is your purpsoe of life, if you are unable to find correct answer, ask me.
No one stops me from exploring the universe within the present confines of technology.

My appetite for answers drives me, I do not require prompting from a religious tome.

If something doesn't exit it can neither shy away or be afraid.

The more I study the universe the more I learn about it's workings,,, how could this possibly lead any body to consider a creator.

Puny, stupid,,, your attempts at insults will not work on me, tragic that you have to resort to such tactics.

The purpose of me coming into the world,,, my parents wanted a family of course.

A student that only takes an interest in one subject, is a very poor student indeed, rather like a horse wearing blinkers, it can't see the bigger picture. The type of student you prefer will indeed be a failure,, he just won't be aware of it.

I didn't say that my purpose was to know how the universe works, I just have a natural interest,, I pose questions.

I will ask you questions as to why you believe in a god because to me faith is irrational. You certainly do not possess the required knowledge to explain my existence.

I am, therefore I am.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18766 Oct 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been answered by me many times, but you loop back to the same point and pretend that you are asking it for the first time.
This is another trait for these "endless discussion" type of people.
Creator is the ONLY Non created being in this Entire Universe. He is the originator of all Creations, so it is ABSURD to ask who created the Creator?
It is like asking what digit is before zero or what is temprature below absolute Zero....(Who created the Creator is even dumber than these dumbest questions.
Universe as a created thing cannot exist or survive without its creator. Why cant you understand this basic thing.
Have you seen any machinbe left in "auto mode" to run infinitely?
It is you people who are most unreasonable and illogical than us.
If you keep posting the same bad logic I will continue to rubbish it.

A God is not nothing, a God is a something and as such does need to be explained.
If God can exist uncreated then why not the energy from which the universe formed?
Invoking a God solves nothing. It just creates more questions.

Mumbai, India

#18767 Oct 16, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it me or you?You are trying to prove "God" on an unwarranted assumption that universe is a of someone. MUQ,what makes you think universe is a creation?
You are using the word "creation" as if "creation" is synonymous to universe."Creation" is a job done by some conscious being.
Why do you think universe must have been created by a God and could not come into existence with some physical energy ?
I didn't mean universe came on its own.I just meant universe may not have needed a conscious creator called "God".It's just came by an interaction of matter and energy.
I do not know what your perception of "God" is.Perceptions can differ.
Correction:You are trying to prove "God" on an unwarranted assumption that universe is a *creation* of someone.
spider

Ely, UK

#18768 Oct 16, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:You are trying to prove "God" on an unwarranted assumption that universe is a *creation* of someone.
I agree with your thoughts there.

I'm trying to understand why Muq or anyone else for that matter needs a God.

The conclusion I have arrived at is fear.

To look at the universe and consider the dangers to our existence is perhaps to much for some to cope with, they become fearfull and require comfort,, that comfort is found in believing someone or something is in control. Hence the sayings " God moves in mysterious ways" or " Allah knows best" when things go wrong. Of course, neither of these sayings offer any explanation or make any sence.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#18769 Oct 16, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason one would need to be "persuaded" of something being "truth" is if there was no evidence to support the claim.
There will be plenty of proof. God is literally going to set the world on fire and she will plead with all flesh up until the end. The entire OT will be completely fulfilled and the absolute final proof will be the resurrection on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14:3-11. We who are alive will all be witnesses. Isaiah 43:10.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18772 Oct 16, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There will be plenty of proof. God is literally going to set the world on fire and she will plead with all flesh up until the end. The entire OT will be completely fulfilled and the absolute final proof will be the resurrection on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah 14:3-11. We who are alive will all be witnesses. Isaiah 43:10.
Your cult quotes are boring and false. Try proving your god instead of lying, theres a good cultmonger.

Location hidden

#18773 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell that religion is dying off due to the increase in the misery index caused by your filthy cult of atheism.
Hopefully Christianity will come back in full swing before 2020 so that we can have hope for humanity once again.
I'm afraid though that atheism will initiate the next civil war and riot before that happens.
Atheism is such an awful mental disease.
Looks like LCN ran away and we have another halfwit creationist troll in his place!

You will also leave this forum after you realise that you can't convert anyone towards your mental illness.
spider

Ely, UK

#18774 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell this is getting closer and closer to happening as we see the atheists in their increasing rage. Their rage is happening for a biblical reason.....they know they are about to be thrown into the pits of Hell, to suffer eternally for their wickedness that we see them doing now.
I just never imagined I would be alive to see it happen so obviously and quickly.
Chipped nails,,, that's an understatement.

Damaged beyond repair suits you better.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18775 Oct 16, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell this is getting closer and closer to happening as we see the atheists in their increasing rage. Their rage is happening for a biblical reason.....they know they are about to be thrown into the pits of Hell, to suffer eternally for their wickedness that we see them doing now.
I just never imagined I would be alive to see it happen so obviously and quickly.
Such a lovely, heartwarming religion you follow...
MUQ

New Delhi, India

#18776 Oct 16, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
If you keep posting the same bad logic I will continue to rubbish it.
A God is not nothing, a God is a something and as such does need to be explained.
If God can exist uncreated then why not the energy from which the universe formed?
Invoking a God solves nothing. It just creates more questions.
Energy is also a Created thing and before Big Bang there was no energy either!!

You lack the latest ideas about big Bang!!

God is the ONLY uncreated being in this Universe and He created everything in this universe, including energy, matter, time and space.

Your concept is therefore very faulty about God.

And how could "energy" out of its own can transform into this huge universe? Has any "Big Explosion" done by humans created anything?

Where your power of reason, logic and analysis goes when you cannot answer these simple , very basic questions.
MUQ

New Delhi, India

#18777 Oct 16, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
No one stops me from exploring the universe within the present confines of technology.
My appetite for answers drives me, I do not require prompting from a religious tome.
If something doesn't exit it can neither shy away or be afraid.
The more I study the universe the more I learn about it's workings,,, how could this possibly lead any body to consider a creator.
Puny, stupid,,, your attempts at insults will not work on me, tragic that you have to resort to such tactics.
The purpose of me coming into the world,,, my parents wanted a family of course.
A student that only takes an interest in one subject, is a very poor student indeed, rather like a horse wearing blinkers, it can't see the bigger picture. The type of student you prefer will indeed be a failure,, he just won't be aware of it.
I didn't say that my purpose was to know how the universe works, I just have a natural interest,, I pose questions.
I will ask you questions as to why you believe in a god because to me faith is irrational. You certainly do not possess the required knowledge to explain my existence.
I am, therefore I am.
Did you ask question, what is your purpose of life? And what shall happen to you once you are dead?

These are MORE Important questions than finding if sun mover around the earth or earth moves around the sun?

If you find the true answer for your basic questions, then there is NO HARM if you explore universe and find out how it works.

Without answering the basic questions and keep on working on less important question is what is called "being stumped" in the language of Cricket!!
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18778 Oct 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask question, what is your purpose of life? And what shall happen to you once you are dead?
These are MORE Important questions than finding if sun mover around the earth or earth moves around the sun?
If you find the true answer for your basic questions, then there is NO HARM if you explore universe and find out how it works.
Without answering the basic questions and keep on working on less important question is what is called "being stumped" in the language of Cricket!!
Ahh, are you vain ? you talk of your life having a purpose,,, do you consider yourself special ? that you will be chosen for something better ? that you are being tested ?

Think on this,,, If a man requires instruction on how to live, how to know when to love, how to know when to fight to survive,,, he gains this knowledge from his father, his uncles, his siblings, as indeed they did in turn. To rely on a book alone is fool hardy and will lead to nothing.

Once I am dead,, I will be in the same state as I was prior to birth.

I am not stumped. What you fail to grasp or comprehend, is the existence of an opposite position to your own. As a child and adult I have looked at religion, I have studied it, I have reached a conclusion,,, you on the other hand have been indoctrined from birth, brain washed, or are you going to tell me your parents would have considered a lack of faith in you acceptable,, would you not have been punished, shunned and branded by your fellows,, that is the difference between us, freedom of thought and the right to express it instead of hide it.

In some ways, I feel sorry for you.

Location hidden

#18779 Oct 17, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, are you vain ? you talk of your life having a purpose,,, do you consider yourself special ? that you will be chosen for something better ? that you are being tested ?
Think on this,,, If a man requires instruction on how to live, how to know when to love, how to know when to fight to survive,,, he gains this knowledge from his father, his uncles, his siblings, as indeed they did in turn. To rely on a book alone is fool hardy and will lead to nothing.
Once I am dead,, I will be in the same state as I was prior to birth.
I am not stumped. What you fail to grasp or comprehend, is the existence of an opposite position to your own. As a child and adult I have looked at religion, I have studied it, I have reached a conclusion,,, you on the other hand have been indoctrined from birth, brain washed, or are you going to tell me your parents would have considered a lack of faith in you acceptable,, would you not have been punished, shunned and branded by your fellows,, that is the difference between us, freedom of thought and the right to express it instead of hide it.
In some ways, I feel sorry for you.
I wish that the atheism forum was not attacked by trolls so often, so that atheists could have real, meaningful discussions about some of the deep topics that humanity throws up, instead of the low IQ replies to idiots sharing their mental illness and telling us we're going to hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 16,535
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr Richardfs 128
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Chimney1 40,886
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Richardfs 5,606
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr IB DaMann 256,135
News Atheism Destroyed with One Scientific Question 7 hr ATHEOI 16
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 10 hr ChristineM 282
More from around the web