Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,565

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Read more
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18718 Oct 11, 2013
najbritcol wrote:
<quoted text>
Source that most people in the world are atheists? As for the OP claim that better education and an improved standard of living will kill off religion, then why is much of the USA so religious then? More than some parts of the developing world, in fact. Btw, there are other causes of evil besides religion in the world - selfishness, greed, bigotry, excessive state power...
SELFISHNESS, GREED, BIGOTRY, EXCESIVE STATE POWER,,, Sounds like your describing religions there.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18719 Oct 11, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally,MUQ has finished with his 20 magical posts!Can we have a huge round of applause for him?LOL
This is not the end of discussion, but the starting.

Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.

After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.

I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
spider

Ely, UK

#18720 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.
After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.
I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
To qualify as a prophet, all a man need do is convince gullible people that he speaks for a god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18721 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
hands up who gives a f*ck about your backward cult?
Dak-Original

Wallasey, UK

#18722 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Adam meet those qualities? What did Adam say to "others" or Eve? Who left an account of Adam? OH! MUQ!

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18723 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,while reading some of your posts I felt that those posts on "qualities" were not specific and precise enough to describe a person who allegedly possessed divinity.I felt like you were making up your own answers on those occasions.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18724 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God."

You make a big assumption there.

Have you ever even considered that God has not sent any prophets?
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18725 Oct 11, 2013

Now I recap what I have posted under this head on the Qualities of a True prophet of God:

Note:

Qualities which are Common for all Prophets =(C)

Qualities which are Specific to some Prophets=(D)

01. First Quality: Prophets are humans.(C)

a. They are not angels, not God, not God in human form and are not God’s Son etc.

b. As humans they are subject to all human traits and human weakness, which does not lower their status.

02. Second Quality: Prophets are always sent from Male section of Humanity.

03. Third Quality: Prophets always Chosen by God:(C)

a. It is a position which no one can get by his own efforts.

b. It is a position not decided by Election, Voting or Selection by any Human.

c. God knows whom to pick as His prophet and no one has any right to complain

04. Fourth Quality: Prophets are not strangers to their people:(C)

a. Prophets are generally raised from the same people to whom they are sent

b. They speak language of their people and do not need any interpreters or Translators.

c. Prophets lead blameless and upright lives even before they declared their mission.

05. Fifth Quality: Prophets are role Models for their Followers:(C)

a. Prophets are the Ultimate Role Models for their followers.

b. Prophets are closest to God in Honor, Respect and Status and no Non Prophet can reach to the status of any prophet.

c. Prophets are on full time missions from God.

06. Sixth Quality: Prophets are Saved from all Moral Defects / Deficiencies (called ‘ASMAT in Arabic):(C)

a. Prophets are protected to have any Moral Defect in their personality.. They lead an Upright, High Moral life in their communities.

b. As humans they can make mistake of judgment, forget some thing etc. And God immediately correct their mistakes so that followers do not fall into error.

07. Seventh Quality: Prophets do not Seek any Worldly Reward for their services.(C)

a. They seek their reward only from their God.

b. The eminence and respect they get from their followers is because of their knowledge and gratitude of their followers; not that they seek it.

08. Eighth Quality: Prophets were sent to All nations of the world (C)

a. They were sent to all nations of the world and they came in all ages and they spoke in different languages.

b. Only God knows their exact numbers.

c. A prophet is deemed alive as long as his teachings are protected and transmitted to following generations.

09. Ninth Quality: Prophets do not reject or Contradict each other:(C)
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18726 Oct 11, 2013

a. Prophets form a sort of Universal Brotherhood. They do not reject or condemn each other.

b. Rejection of a Prophet is serious in the eyes of God.

c. Rejection of one prophet is as if one has rejected all prophets.

d. When in doubt, one should hold his tongue and pen in speaking or writing about a prophet of God

10. Tenth Quality: Prophets Receive Guidance thru Revelation from God:(C)

a. This is quality which distinguishes a Prophet from Non Prophet.

b. Revelation is Surest and Most Authentic source of knowledge and is far above any Human theory or logic.

c. Books of God are collection of Revelation received by a prophet

11. Eleventh Quality: Code of Law:(D)

a. Some prophets bring Code of Law for their people, they are called RASOOL in Arabic.

b. Most Prophets only revive the old law or make minor changes in existing law or just preach and warn their followers. They are called NABI in Arabic.

12. Twelfth Quality: Miracles (D)

a. Some prophets perform miracles to confirm their bonafides to their people.

b. Miracles are Acts of God performed at the hands of prophets. It is not their own.

c. It is not a necessary test for prophethood. There were many prophets who showed no miracles.

13. Thirteenth Quality: Prophesies (D)

a. Some prophets, from the knowledge they receive from God, make certain predictions about future events, these are called prophesies.

b. It is not essential that all prophesies be fulfilled during the life time of prophet.

c. These prophesies are never made in clear words and there is always scope for interpretations. Only learned people can verify if and when it was fulfilled.

14. Fourteenth Quality: Teachings of prophet (also called Fruits of a Prophet):(related to fundamental article of faith)(C)

a. These are the things which are real test of a true prophet of God. Irrespective of age, time, location, language or nation, a prophet teaches about:

i. Unity of God and to worship Him and no one else.

ii) Follow the Prophet as role model.

iii) Perform Good deeds and shun evil deeds so as to pass the test of life in the hereafter.

15. Fifteenth Quality: Teachings of prophet (also called Fruits of a Prophet):(related to Rituals)(C)

a. These are the things which are real test of a true prophet of God. Irrespective of age, time, location, language or nation, a prophet asks his followers to perform:

i) Regular Prayers.

ii) Spent from their wealth and earning for cause of God.

iii) Do some sort of fasting to control their desires.

iv) Travel to some fixed place or location, called pilgrimage.

b. The forms and looks may differ, but in essence these are amongst the rituals which are present in every prophet’s teachings.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18727 Oct 11, 2013
16. Sixteenth Quality: Treatment at the hands of their people:(C)

a. It sounds strange, but hardly any prophet got Universal approval from their people when they declared their mission.

b. They were always met with Rejection, Taunts, Ridicule and Resistance from their people.

c. Some prophets overcame all that and were ultimately accepted by most of their followers. While many died while most people did not believe in them.

d. Prophets are always successful because they did their job. It is the followers who are winners or losers.

17. Seventeenth Quality: Fighting in the Cause of God:(D)

a. Depending upon the circumstance and mission allotted to them, some prophets take arm and fight in the cause of their missions.

b. But their fight is only in the Cause of God and not to gain territory or wealth or exploit other people.

c. Prophets were the “Most peaceful warriors” on the face of earth.

18. Eighteenth Quality: Age of prophethood has come to an end.

a. After the Last and Final prophet came into world in Arabia approx. 1400 years ago, the age of prophethood has “officially” ended.

b. The Final prophet came for All Nations of the world and his mission is till the End of World.

c. And indeed this was an act of Mercy of God, which saved humanity from checking and verifying claims of every new prophet.

d. After the last prophet, any one who claims prophethood is a false prophet and a liar.

19. Nineteenth Quality: Duties of a Prophet:(D)

General duties of a True Prophet of God are:

a. Deliver The Divine Message:

b. Demonstrate Application of Divine Law thru Personal Conduct:

c. Built Up Faith of Followers:

d. Be Official Interpreter of Divine Law:

e. Form a Society or Nation of Believers:

f. Nurture a Pius Society:

g. Judge according to Divine Law:

Not all prophets did all of these, it depended on their mission and number of followers they gained.

20. Twentieth Quality:(C)

What we owe to the Prophets?

a. Love Them:

b. Respect and Revere them:

c. Accept and follow their Teachings:

e. Do not rate any man made theories above theirs:

f. Defend their teachings:

g. Be United and Steadfast in struggle against falsehood:

h. Respect all Prophets of God and do not try to rate them, based on their Nationality, Language, Time (i.e. those who came early and who followed them), and Success they obtained in the world. This rating is the Prerogative of God and God only.

Allah Knows Best

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18728 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now I recap
You forgot the most important ones:

Pedophile
Illiterate

Since: Sep 13

Europe

#18729 Oct 12, 2013
Rophynol for sale.
Contact bobfredrick00@gnail.com if you want some.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18731 Oct 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now I recap what I have posted under this head on the Qualities of a True prophet of God:
Good grief...you seriously need to look up the definition of "recap"...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18732 Oct 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
16. Sixteenth Quality: Treatment at the hands of their people:(C)
a. It sounds strange, but hardly any prophet got Universal approval from their people when they declared their mission.
b. They were always met with Rejection, Taunts, Ridicule and Resistance from their people.
c. Some prophets overcame all that and were ultimately accepted by most of their followers. While many died while most people did not believe in them.
d. Prophets are always successful because they did their job. It is the followers who are winners or losers.
17. Seventeenth Quality: Fighting in the Cause of God:(D)
a. Depending upon the circumstance and mission allotted to them, some prophets take arm and fight in the cause of their missions.
b. But their fight is only in the Cause of God and not to gain territory or wealth or exploit other people.
c. Prophets were the “Most peaceful warriors” on the face of earth.
18. Eighteenth Quality: Age of prophethood has come to an end.
a. After the Last and Final prophet came into world in Arabia approx. 1400 years ago, the age of prophethood has “officially” ended.
b. The Final prophet came for All Nations of the world and his mission is till the End of World.
c. And indeed this was an act of Mercy of God, which saved humanity from checking and verifying claims of every new prophet.
d. After the last prophet, any one who claims prophethood is a false prophet and a liar.
19. Nineteenth Quality: Duties of a Prophet:(D)
General duties of a True Prophet of God are:
a. Deliver The Divine Message:
b. Demonstrate Application of Divine Law thru Personal Conduct:
c. Built Up Faith of Followers:
d. Be Official Interpreter of Divine Law:
e. Form a Society or Nation of Believers:
f. Nurture a Pius Society:
g. Judge according to Divine Law:
Not all prophets did all of these, it depended on their mission and number of followers they gained.
20. Twentieth Quality:(C)
What we owe to the Prophets?
a. Love Them:
b. Respect and Revere them:
c. Accept and follow their Teachings:
e. Do not rate any man made theories above theirs:
f. Defend their teachings:
g. Be United and Steadfast in struggle against falsehood:
h. Respect all Prophets of God and do not try to rate them, based on their Nationality, Language, Time (i.e. those who came early and who followed them), and Success they obtained in the world. This rating is the Prerogative of God and God only.
Allah Knows Best
Can't prove it, won't prove it and insults you when you question it = religious mental illness.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#18735 Oct 13, 2013
spider

Downham Market, UK

#18737 Oct 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
hands up who gives a f*ck about your backward cult?
I do.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#18738 Oct 13, 2013
Atheist, Secularist and Humanist Student societies (re: AMF)...
"With Non-Prophet Week just a fortnight away, it's time to get planning how you and your society can raise money for the marvellous Against Malaria Foundation.

We're already seeing some societies making plans to bring in the cash - and by doing so, provide the mosquito nets that will prevent malaria and save lives. You can read more about why we picked this worthy cause here.

AHS Secretary Ruth Haydock will be doing a sponsored 15K run while our President Rory Fenton will be going head-to-head with the BHA's Andrew Copson in a creme-egg-eating competition. What will you get up to? As Ruth said, "We want people to get thinking and be as creative as possible but boring is ok too" - every penny raised will help to save lives.

You can create your own fundraising page on the Against Malaria website - and make sure to link it to the Non-Prophet Week total here."
Unquote.

http://ahsstudents.org.uk/article/non-prophet...
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#18740 Oct 14, 2013
Can Christians call their god Allah?(Malaysia)
Religion - you couldn't make this stuff up...

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/201...
Separately, a Muslim woman who videotaped herself walking her dogs past a mosque was questioned by police, after the years-old video suddenly resurfaced on the Internet.Dogs are seen as dirty animals by most Muslims.

In another incident, art work was confiscated from an exhibition marking Malaysia's independence amid allegations it was an “insult to Islam".
Unquote.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18743 Oct 14, 2013
I'll just post this here.

Seven Godly Sins

If god destroys people for not obeying him, it is WRATH
If god punishes people for believing in a different god, it is ENVY
If god lets tragedies and disasters happen of which he could have prevented, it is SLOTH
If god allows anyone to hunger unnecessarily while he has enough for himself, it is GLUTTONY
If god expects his followers to dedicate their lives to worshiping and praying to him, it is PRIDE
If god insists his followers pay tithes and offerings for his approval, it is GREED
If god intends on being party to every marriage, it is LUST
spider

March, UK

#18744 Oct 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I'll just post this here.
Seven Godly Sins
If god destroys people for not obeying him, it is WRATH
If god punishes people for believing in a different god, it is ENVY
If god lets tragedies and disasters happen of which he could have prevented, it is SLOTH
If god allows anyone to hunger unnecessarily while he has enough for himself, it is GLUTTONY
If god expects his followers to dedicate their lives to worshiping and praying to him, it is PRIDE
If god insists his followers pay tithes and offerings for his approval, it is GREED
If god intends on being party to every marriage, it is LUST
Agree with you Bob,,, PITY you started everything with IF,, otherwise correct,,, good post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min ChristineM 17,997
News The Consequences of Atheism 13 min Thinking 1,128
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 25 min Thinking 14,508
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 48 min Mr_SKY 6,454
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 236,911
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 8 hr Freebird USA 9,256
News Confessions of a black atheist 13 hr Cordwainer Trout 20
More from around the web