Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Sep 13

Europe

#18729 Oct 12, 2013
Rophynol for sale.
Contact [email protected] if you want some.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18731 Oct 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now I recap what I have posted under this head on the Qualities of a True prophet of God:
Good grief...you seriously need to look up the definition of "recap"...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18732 Oct 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
16. Sixteenth Quality: Treatment at the hands of their people:(C)
a. It sounds strange, but hardly any prophet got Universal approval from their people when they declared their mission.
b. They were always met with Rejection, Taunts, Ridicule and Resistance from their people.
c. Some prophets overcame all that and were ultimately accepted by most of their followers. While many died while most people did not believe in them.
d. Prophets are always successful because they did their job. It is the followers who are winners or losers.
17. Seventeenth Quality: Fighting in the Cause of God:(D)
a. Depending upon the circumstance and mission allotted to them, some prophets take arm and fight in the cause of their missions.
b. But their fight is only in the Cause of God and not to gain territory or wealth or exploit other people.
c. Prophets were the “Most peaceful warriors” on the face of earth.
18. Eighteenth Quality: Age of prophethood has come to an end.
a. After the Last and Final prophet came into world in Arabia approx. 1400 years ago, the age of prophethood has “officially” ended.
b. The Final prophet came for All Nations of the world and his mission is till the End of World.
c. And indeed this was an act of Mercy of God, which saved humanity from checking and verifying claims of every new prophet.
d. After the last prophet, any one who claims prophethood is a false prophet and a liar.
19. Nineteenth Quality: Duties of a Prophet:(D)
General duties of a True Prophet of God are:
a. Deliver The Divine Message:
b. Demonstrate Application of Divine Law thru Personal Conduct:
c. Built Up Faith of Followers:
d. Be Official Interpreter of Divine Law:
e. Form a Society or Nation of Believers:
f. Nurture a Pius Society:
g. Judge according to Divine Law:
Not all prophets did all of these, it depended on their mission and number of followers they gained.
20. Twentieth Quality:(C)
What we owe to the Prophets?
a. Love Them:
b. Respect and Revere them:
c. Accept and follow their Teachings:
e. Do not rate any man made theories above theirs:
f. Defend their teachings:
g. Be United and Steadfast in struggle against falsehood:
h. Respect all Prophets of God and do not try to rate them, based on their Nationality, Language, Time (i.e. those who came early and who followed them), and Success they obtained in the world. This rating is the Prerogative of God and God only.
Allah Knows Best
Can't prove it, won't prove it and insults you when you question it = religious mental illness.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18735 Oct 13, 2013
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18737 Oct 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
hands up who gives a f*ck about your backward cult?
I do.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18738 Oct 13, 2013
Atheist, Secularist and Humanist Student societies (re: AMF)...
"With Non-Prophet Week just a fortnight away, it's time to get planning how you and your society can raise money for the marvellous Against Malaria Foundation.

We're already seeing some societies making plans to bring in the cash - and by doing so, provide the mosquito nets that will prevent malaria and save lives. You can read more about why we picked this worthy cause here.

AHS Secretary Ruth Haydock will be doing a sponsored 15K run while our President Rory Fenton will be going head-to-head with the BHA's Andrew Copson in a creme-egg-eating competition. What will you get up to? As Ruth said, "We want people to get thinking and be as creative as possible but boring is ok too" - every penny raised will help to save lives.

You can create your own fundraising page on the Against Malaria website - and make sure to link it to the Non-Prophet Week total here."
Unquote.

http://ahsstudents.org.uk/article/non-prophet...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18740 Oct 14, 2013
Can Christians call their god Allah?(Malaysia)
Religion - you couldn't make this stuff up...

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/201...
Separately, a Muslim woman who videotaped herself walking her dogs past a mosque was questioned by police, after the years-old video suddenly resurfaced on the Internet.Dogs are seen as dirty animals by most Muslims.

In another incident, art work was confiscated from an exhibition marking Malaysia's independence amid allegations it was an “insult to Islam".
Unquote.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18743 Oct 14, 2013
I'll just post this here.

Seven Godly Sins

If god destroys people for not obeying him, it is WRATH
If god punishes people for believing in a different god, it is ENVY
If god lets tragedies and disasters happen of which he could have prevented, it is SLOTH
If god allows anyone to hunger unnecessarily while he has enough for himself, it is GLUTTONY
If god expects his followers to dedicate their lives to worshiping and praying to him, it is PRIDE
If god insists his followers pay tithes and offerings for his approval, it is GREED
If god intends on being party to every marriage, it is LUST
spider

Ramsey, UK

#18744 Oct 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I'll just post this here.
Seven Godly Sins
If god destroys people for not obeying him, it is WRATH
If god punishes people for believing in a different god, it is ENVY
If god lets tragedies and disasters happen of which he could have prevented, it is SLOTH
If god allows anyone to hunger unnecessarily while he has enough for himself, it is GLUTTONY
If god expects his followers to dedicate their lives to worshiping and praying to him, it is PRIDE
If god insists his followers pay tithes and offerings for his approval, it is GREED
If god intends on being party to every marriage, it is LUST
Agree with you Bob,,, PITY you started everything with IF,, otherwise correct,,, good post.
spider

Ramsey, UK

#18745 Oct 14, 2013
True atheists, have no doubhts.
MUQ

Bhopal, India

#18747 Oct 15, 2013
spider wrote:
True atheists, have no doubhts.
True Athesists are the people having Maximum Doubts.

Whenever they see anything in the universe, their subconcious asks "Who created it"?

They lie and suppress their subconcious by saying "They just came by themselves".

And then they boast that they have "No Doubts"!!

There are no bigger liars in this Universe than the so called "True Atheists"!!

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18748 Oct 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever they see anything in the universe, their subconcious asks "Who created it"?
They lie and suppress their subconcious by saying "They just came by themselves".
What we ask is who created the creator.
We then reason that if the creator can just exist without explanation then why not the universe which is far simpler?
Thus we dismiss God as nothing more than the bad logic of the simple minded.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18749 Oct 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. You do not know your subject matter. We have many times told you exactly who we are, and you yet to even begin to understand.
We have no doubts. We all do know that a god would be much more than the evil, misogynistic, power hungry, petty, self absorbed reflection of man's worst traits, that is the god of Abraham. We do not look at the universe and say or think "Who did this?" That would be mind bogglingly stupid.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#18750 Oct 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar. You do not know your subject matter. We have many times told you exactly who we are, and you yet to even begin to understand.
We have no doubts. We all do know that a god would be much more than the evil, misogynistic, power hungry, petty, self absorbed reflection of man's worst traits, that is the god of Abraham. We do not look at the universe and say or think "Who did this?" That would be mind bogglingly stupid.
I do not think you can have true morality without God. But I wouldn't call atheists liars just because they're atheists. It's better to be atheist right now, than a Christian. I think it will be easier to persuade them of the truth than someone who is joined to idols. The Christians are the ones who are truly lost.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18751 Oct 15, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think you can have true morality without God. But I wouldn't call atheists liars just because they're atheists. It's better to be atheist right now, than a Christian. I think it will be easier to persuade them of the truth than someone who is joined to idols. The Christians are the ones who are truly lost.
You are wrong, morality is in no way reliant on a god concept.
MUQ

Indore, India

#18752 Oct 15, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
We then reason that if the creator can just exist without explanation then why not the universe which is far simpler?
This has been answered by me many times, but you loop back to the same point and pretend that you are asking it for the first time.

This is another trait for these "endless discussion" type of people.

Creator is the ONLY Non created being in this Entire Universe. He is the originator of all Creations, so it is ABSURD to ask who created the Creator?

It is like asking what digit is before zero or what is temprature below absolute Zero....(Who created the Creator is even dumber than these dumbest questions.

Universe as a created thing cannot exist or survive without its creator. Why cant you understand this basic thing.

Have you seen any machinbe left in "auto mode" to run infinitely?

It is you people who are most unreasonable and illogical than us.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18754 Oct 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We might have asked ourselves "who created universe".All credits goes to religion to confuse people and let people(including atheists) if a creator exists.
But it was never a doubt for me once I started to ask "why universe would need a creator".Thinking universe is a creation of somebody,is an unwarranted assumption unless you have a proof for it.It either implies that religious people are not sure about the meaning of "creation" or they have some kind of gut instinct of believing creationism .
And if you closely observe all physical phenomena you would find they happen in cycles.With no end and no beginning!Circles do not have beginnings MUQ!.
It is you religious people who are so certain about the universe and yet have no proof to prove your stance.
Most of the atheists do not deny God.We just say that such an entity is highly unlikely.Because,we accept the fact that there is always some ounce of uncertainty in the universe.
WE BECAME ATHEISTS BY REASON,NOT INDOCTRINATION.
PS:When are you going to answer my question?Who set the standards to judge a prophet?And how did human beings came to know about it?

Mumbai, India

#18755 Oct 16, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant answer!:)

Mumbai, India

#18756 Oct 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been answered by me many times, but you loop back to the same point and pretend that you are asking it for the first time.
This is another trait for these "endless discussion" type of people.
Creator is the ONLY Non created being in this Entire Universe. He is the originator of all Creations, so it is ABSURD to ask who created the Creator?
It is like asking what digit is before zero or what is temprature below absolute Zero....(Who created the Creator is even dumber than these dumbest questions.
Universe as a created thing cannot exist or survive without its creator. Why cant you understand this basic thing.
Have you seen any machinbe left in "auto mode" to run infinitely?
It is you people who are most unreasonable and illogical than us.
There is nothing absurd in his argument.If something with infinite power(God) can come into existence on its own why not something that is finite(universe)?
Why can't universe be analogous to absolute zero temperature?
True,creation needs creator(s).Otherwise it wouldn't be a creation.
But what makes you think that universe is a creation,a machine kind of thing?Prove that matter and energy has been created.We would all become deists,if not theists.
You have been ranting the same things again and again like a broken record without any solid premises to buttress your claims

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#18757 Oct 16, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think you can have true morality without God. But I wouldn't call atheists liars just because they're atheists. It's better to be atheist right now, than a Christian. I think it will be easier to persuade them of the truth than someone who is joined to idols. The Christians are the ones who are truly lost.
The only reason one would need to be "persuaded" of something being "truth" is if there was no evidence to support the claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr Richardfs 5,706
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Brian_G 48,728
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Into The Night 23,542
News In defense of faith 7 hr karl44 6
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 9 hr Uncle Sam 70
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 10 hr Thinking 21,881
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 16 hr Amused 3
More from around the web