Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

old nick

Birmingham, UK

#18709 Oct 10, 2013
yawn!!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18710 Oct 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
T. Twentieth Quality:
What We Owe to the Prophets?
It is not in fact any Quality of Prophet, but concluding part of my list.(MUQ)
Considering the fact that Prophets of God are our Real and Greatest Benefactors and they are source of each and every Goodness and Kindness and Morality and Righteousness which we see on this earth, there are duties on each one of us to these prophets.
I list some of them based on my limited knowledge:
a. Love Them:
We should love the Prophets of God and this love should be from the deepest depth of our hearts. It should not be only for show and only from lips. In fact the love of Prophets should mean more to us than even our own lives.
b. Respect and Revere them:
We should respect and revere them and honor them. That is why we Muslims use the words “Peace be upon him”(PBUH) or “Peace be upon them”(PBUT) when we take the name of any prophet or group of prophets. This show of honor should also be from our hearts and not only from lips or hypocrisy.
c. Accept their Teachings:
We should accept the Guidance and Message brought by the prophets, and should not say or do any thing which goes against this guidance and message.
d. Follow their teachings:
We should try our best to cultivate all the positive qualities that these prophets want us to have and shun all the negative qualities and acts which the prophets prohibit.
And these should not be only on the surface but from deep commitment. It is really a test to see how committed we are to the prophets.
e. Do not rate Man-Made theories above Theirs:
We should no not put any teachings or any philosophy or any theory that contradicts or goes against the teachings of prophets and his message. Because no human theory, logic or philosophy can take the place of Divine Guidance.
f. Defend their teachings:
We should be ready to defend the teachings of prophets from attacks to the best of our abilities. The attacks could be from inside and / or from outside. The attack could be verbal or physical. Followers of prophets should be ready for both type of attacks and should be ready for any sacrifice that is needed for it.
Our energies and our resources and our lives, every thing should be devoted to this struggle. This will be a litmus test as to how sincere followers we are of prophets or do we come under the title of “Those with little faith” or “O Hypocrites”.
g. Be United and Steadfast in our struggle against falsehood:
We should present a united front to our enemies and do not be divided and fight within ourselves. These internal fights damage us more than outside attacks of our enemies and bring dishonor and insults on us, in this world as well as in the hereafter.
These are some of the duties which we owe to our prophets, let every one of us look at it and place his or her position in this chart.
Allah Knows Best
Finally,MUQ has finished with his 20 magical posts!Can we have a huge round of applause for him?LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18711 Oct 10, 2013
MUQ is a religious coward of epic proportions, who spams his cult nonsense into threads.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18712 Oct 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
T. Twentieth Quality:
What We Owe to the Prophets?
It is not in fact any Quality of Prophet, but concluding part of my list.(MUQ)
Considering the fact that Prophets of God are our Real and Greatest Benefactors and they are source of each and every Goodness and Kindness and Morality and Righteousness which we see on this earth, there are duties on each one of us to these prophets.
I list some of them based on my limited knowledge:
a. Love Them:
We should love the Prophets of God and this love should be from the deepest depth of our hearts. It should not be only for show and only from lips. In fact the love of Prophets should mean more to us than even our own lives.
b. Respect and Revere them:
We should respect and revere them and honor them. That is why we Muslims use the words “Peace be upon him”(PBUH) or “Peace be upon them”(PBUT) when we take the name of any prophet or group of prophets. This show of honor should also be from our hearts and not only from lips or hypocrisy.
c. Accept their Teachings:
We should accept the Guidance and Message brought by the prophets, and should not say or do any thing which goes against this guidance and message.
d. Follow their teachings:
We should try our best to cultivate all the positive qualities that these prophets want us to have and shun all the negative qualities and acts which the prophets prohibit.
And these should not be only on the surface but from deep commitment. It is really a test to see how committed we are to the prophets.
e. Do not rate Man-Made theories above Theirs:
We should no not put any teachings or any philosophy or any theory that contradicts or goes against the teachings of prophets and his message. Because no human theory, logic or philosophy can take the place of Divine Guidance.
f. Defend their teachings:
We should be ready to defend the teachings of prophets from attacks to the best of our abilities. The attacks could be from inside and / or from outside. The attack could be verbal or physical. Followers of prophets should be ready for both type of attacks and should be ready for any sacrifice that is needed for it.
Our energies and our resources and our lives, every thing should be devoted to this struggle. This will be a litmus test as to how sincere followers we are of prophets or do we come under the title of “Those with little faith” or “O Hypocrites”.
g. Be United and Steadfast in our struggle against falsehood:
We should present a united front to our enemies and do not be divided and fight within ourselves. These internal fights damage us more than outside attacks of our enemies and bring dishonor and insults on us, in this world as well as in the hereafter.
These are some of the duties which we owe to our prophets, let every one of us look at it and place his or her position in this chart.
Allah Knows Best
Now since you'd promised that you would answer my questions once you get done with your 20th posts(which you did),tell me who set these standards(qualities) to ratify whether the supposed prophet is true or not?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#18713 Oct 10, 2013
ExcommunicateThis wrote:
Well, atheism is already the majority view amongst the population of the world in general, even if people go through the motions of religion just to fit in with others of their tribe.
Source that most people in the world are atheists? As for the OP claim that better education and an improved standard of living will kill off religion, then why is much of the USA so religious then? More than some parts of the developing world, in fact. Btw, there are other causes of evil besides religion in the world - selfishness, greed, bigotry, excessive state power...
Dak-Original

Oxford, UK

#18714 Oct 10, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally,MUQ has finished with his 20 magical posts!Can we have a huge round of applause for him?LOL
MUQ does not know the least about the fact of the Evolution of Species as he has been informed. Real GOD then planned it that way. MUQ cannot extricate himself from his indoctrination since his birth and conform to the logical path! But he is now paid, too!
Dak-Original

Oxford, UK

#18715 Oct 10, 2013
Soon that flag/s waving Fineline will make his sporadic inspection on the forum but will only bother to notice only me as still being "at it". LOL!

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#18716 Oct 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
47,000 different brands of Genuine Christian™ and counting.
When will it stop?
If you pick any one brand? It represents less than 1% of the world's population-- and even within **that** brand, there are factions fighting other factions...
... hmmm.
It is as if there is no guidance of any kind behind them....
I'm pretty sure there's only 4 or 5types of Christian.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18717 Oct 10, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ does not know the least about the fact of the Evolution of Species as he has been informed. Real GOD then planned it that way. MUQ cannot extricate himself from his indoctrination since his birth and conform to the logical path! But he is now paid, too!
Of course,he cannot.He believes Quranic scriptures are unquestionable and since there is not even a single clue of TOE in his religious doctrines,he would definitely come up with all kind of lame excuses to deny the truth.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18718 Oct 11, 2013
najbritcol wrote:
<quoted text>
Source that most people in the world are atheists? As for the OP claim that better education and an improved standard of living will kill off religion, then why is much of the USA so religious then? More than some parts of the developing world, in fact. Btw, there are other causes of evil besides religion in the world - selfishness, greed, bigotry, excessive state power...
SELFISHNESS, GREED, BIGOTRY, EXCESIVE STATE POWER,,, Sounds like your describing religions there.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18719 Oct 11, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally,MUQ has finished with his 20 magical posts!Can we have a huge round of applause for him?LOL
This is not the end of discussion, but the starting.

Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.

After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.

I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18720 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the end of discussion, but the starting.
Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.
After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.
I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
To qualify as a prophet, all a man need do is convince gullible people that he speaks for a god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18721 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the end of discussion, but the starting.
Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.
After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.
I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
hands up who gives a f*ck about your backward cult?
Dak-Original

Liverpool, UK

#18722 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the end of discussion, but the starting.
Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.
After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.
I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
Does Adam meet those qualities? What did Adam say to "others" or Eve? Who left an account of Adam? OH! MUQ!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18723 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the end of discussion, but the starting.
Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.
After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.
I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
Well,while reading some of your posts I felt that those posts on "qualities" were not specific and precise enough to describe a person who allegedly possessed divinity.I felt like you were making up your own answers on those occasions.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18724 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the end of discussion, but the starting.
Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God. I have to summarise these qualities in my next post and sort out which are essential and which are given to specefic prophets.
After that we can bring up any candidate and check if he qulaifies for the True Prophet of God or not.
I still do not know what was your purpose in joining this discussion and why are you congratulating me?
"Now we have some idea of who are prophets of God."

You make a big assumption there.

Have you ever even considered that God has not sent any prophets?
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18725 Oct 11, 2013


Now I recap what I have posted under this head on the Qualities of a True prophet of God:

Note:

Qualities which are Common for all Prophets =(C)

Qualities which are Specific to some Prophets=(D)

01. First Quality: Prophets are humans.(C)

a. They are not angels, not God, not God in human form and are not God’s Son etc.

b. As humans they are subject to all human traits and human weakness, which does not lower their status.

02. Second Quality: Prophets are always sent from Male section of Humanity.

03. Third Quality: Prophets always Chosen by God:(C)

a. It is a position which no one can get by his own efforts.

b. It is a position not decided by Election, Voting or Selection by any Human.

c. God knows whom to pick as His prophet and no one has any right to complain

04. Fourth Quality: Prophets are not strangers to their people:(C)

a. Prophets are generally raised from the same people to whom they are sent

b. They speak language of their people and do not need any interpreters or Translators.

c. Prophets lead blameless and upright lives even before they declared their mission.

05. Fifth Quality: Prophets are role Models for their Followers:(C)

a. Prophets are the Ultimate Role Models for their followers.

b. Prophets are closest to God in Honor, Respect and Status and no Non Prophet can reach to the status of any prophet.

c. Prophets are on full time missions from God.

06. Sixth Quality: Prophets are Saved from all Moral Defects / Deficiencies (called ‘ASMAT in Arabic):(C)

a. Prophets are protected to have any Moral Defect in their personality.. They lead an Upright, High Moral life in their communities.

b. As humans they can make mistake of judgment, forget some thing etc. And God immediately correct their mistakes so that followers do not fall into error.

07. Seventh Quality: Prophets do not Seek any Worldly Reward for their services.(C)

a. They seek their reward only from their God.

b. The eminence and respect they get from their followers is because of their knowledge and gratitude of their followers; not that they seek it.

08. Eighth Quality: Prophets were sent to All nations of the world (C)

a. They were sent to all nations of the world and they came in all ages and they spoke in different languages.

b. Only God knows their exact numbers.

c. A prophet is deemed alive as long as his teachings are protected and transmitted to following generations.

09. Ninth Quality: Prophets do not reject or Contradict each other:(C)
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18726 Oct 11, 2013

a. Prophets form a sort of Universal Brotherhood. They do not reject or condemn each other.

b. Rejection of a Prophet is serious in the eyes of God.

c. Rejection of one prophet is as if one has rejected all prophets.

d. When in doubt, one should hold his tongue and pen in speaking or writing about a prophet of God

10. Tenth Quality: Prophets Receive Guidance thru Revelation from God:(C)

a. This is quality which distinguishes a Prophet from Non Prophet.

b. Revelation is Surest and Most Authentic source of knowledge and is far above any Human theory or logic.

c. Books of God are collection of Revelation received by a prophet

11. Eleventh Quality: Code of Law:(D)

a. Some prophets bring Code of Law for their people, they are called RASOOL in Arabic.

b. Most Prophets only revive the old law or make minor changes in existing law or just preach and warn their followers. They are called NABI in Arabic.

12. Twelfth Quality: Miracles (D)

a. Some prophets perform miracles to confirm their bonafides to their people.

b. Miracles are Acts of God performed at the hands of prophets. It is not their own.

c. It is not a necessary test for prophethood. There were many prophets who showed no miracles.


13. Thirteenth Quality: Prophesies (D)

a. Some prophets, from the knowledge they receive from God, make certain predictions about future events, these are called prophesies.

b. It is not essential that all prophesies be fulfilled during the life time of prophet.

c. These prophesies are never made in clear words and there is always scope for interpretations. Only learned people can verify if and when it was fulfilled.

14. Fourteenth Quality: Teachings of prophet (also called Fruits of a Prophet):(related to fundamental article of faith)(C)

a. These are the things which are real test of a true prophet of God. Irrespective of age, time, location, language or nation, a prophet teaches about:

i. Unity of God and to worship Him and no one else.

ii) Follow the Prophet as role model.

iii) Perform Good deeds and shun evil deeds so as to pass the test of life in the hereafter.

15. Fifteenth Quality: Teachings of prophet (also called Fruits of a Prophet):(related to Rituals)(C)

a. These are the things which are real test of a true prophet of God. Irrespective of age, time, location, language or nation, a prophet asks his followers to perform:

i) Regular Prayers.

ii) Spent from their wealth and earning for cause of God.

iii) Do some sort of fasting to control their desires.

iv) Travel to some fixed place or location, called pilgrimage.

b. The forms and looks may differ, but in essence these are amongst the rituals which are present in every prophet’s teachings.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#18727 Oct 11, 2013
16. Sixteenth Quality: Treatment at the hands of their people:(C)

a. It sounds strange, but hardly any prophet got Universal approval from their people when they declared their mission.

b. They were always met with Rejection, Taunts, Ridicule and Resistance from their people.

c. Some prophets overcame all that and were ultimately accepted by most of their followers. While many died while most people did not believe in them.

d. Prophets are always successful because they did their job. It is the followers who are winners or losers.

17. Seventeenth Quality: Fighting in the Cause of God:(D)

a. Depending upon the circumstance and mission allotted to them, some prophets take arm and fight in the cause of their missions.

b. But their fight is only in the Cause of God and not to gain territory or wealth or exploit other people.

c. Prophets were the “Most peaceful warriors” on the face of earth.

18. Eighteenth Quality: Age of prophethood has come to an end.

a. After the Last and Final prophet came into world in Arabia approx. 1400 years ago, the age of prophethood has “officially” ended.

b. The Final prophet came for All Nations of the world and his mission is till the End of World.

c. And indeed this was an act of Mercy of God, which saved humanity from checking and verifying claims of every new prophet.

d. After the last prophet, any one who claims prophethood is a false prophet and a liar.

19. Nineteenth Quality: Duties of a Prophet:(D)

General duties of a True Prophet of God are:

a. Deliver The Divine Message:

b. Demonstrate Application of Divine Law thru Personal Conduct:

c. Built Up Faith of Followers:

d. Be Official Interpreter of Divine Law:

e. Form a Society or Nation of Believers:

f. Nurture a Pius Society:

g. Judge according to Divine Law:

Not all prophets did all of these, it depended on their mission and number of followers they gained.

20. Twentieth Quality:(C)

What we owe to the Prophets?

a. Love Them:

b. Respect and Revere them:

c. Accept and follow their Teachings:

e. Do not rate any man made theories above theirs:

f. Defend their teachings:

g. Be United and Steadfast in struggle against falsehood:

h. Respect all Prophets of God and do not try to rate them, based on their Nationality, Language, Time (i.e. those who came early and who followed them), and Success they obtained in the world. This rating is the Prerogative of God and God only.

Allah Knows Best

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18728 Oct 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now I recap
You forgot the most important ones:

Pedophile
Illiterate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min John 76,835
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 7 min The FACTory 682
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 258,470
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 16 hr Dogen 4,291
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Jul 19 Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
More from around the web