Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#18676 Sep 29, 2013
Koran 86:6-7

"He is created from a drop emitted - proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs."
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18677 Sep 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
...The links are interesting-- there's hope for the world, yes?
:)
Well, there's hope for us Brits.

"USAmericans can always be counted on to do the right thing…after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
:-)

You'd think by now that people would at least accept the absurdity of an Abrahamic god.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18678 Sep 29, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there's hope for us Brits.
"USAmericans can always be counted on to do the right thing…after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
:-)
You'd think by now that people would at least accept the absurdity of an Abrahamic god.
Alas, just 150 years ago, exhausting all the **other** choices did not mean global catastrophe.

Not so much, these days....
LCNLin

United States

#18679 Sep 29, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the advice Bob & Reasoner.
Religionism continues to decline....
https://humanism.org.uk/2013/013-british-soci...
https://humanicampaigns/religi on-and-belief-some-surveys-and -statistics/
atheism sometimes dominates 12 threads,
not so much in the real world?
Peace
old nick

Birmingham, UK

#18680 Sep 29, 2013
muq is blind!
old nick

Birmingham, UK

#18681 Sep 29, 2013
to the glaringly obvious!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18683 Sep 30, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
BRAINWAVE: The threads are real and exist in the real world.

Creationists never fail to ooze stupid.

Location hidden

#18684 Sep 30, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
You make it too easy to look like you said something stupid.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18685 Sep 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You make it too easy to look like you said something stupid.
What else does he say (Always assuming IT IS of the male gander.)

Location hidden

#18686 Oct 1, 2013
classic dumb creationist comments:

"you're going to hell,
Peace."

"I ain come from noo damn monkeys!"

"ok, so the bible isn't reliable, but Matthew..."
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#18687 Oct 3, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

R. Eighteenth Quality: The age of Prophethood has come to an end:

This is again a controversial subject and I do not demand that every one must accept it.

The reality is that age of prophethood has come to an end and no significant prophet has risen in the world for past 1400 years. There have only been localized movements where some one claimed prophet hood, but it was never a Universal phenomenon and no major religion has come into the world since that date.

Many people might not agree with me and I do not find fault with them when I say that closing the door of Prophethood was indeed an act of Mercy by the Most Merciful and Most Gracious God, because it saved human society forever from deciding on every “New” prophet!!

As mentioned earlier, A prophet lives as long as his message and his teachings are alive, and it so happened that Life and Teachings and Message of the Last Prophet in the chain was preserved intact and in Great Details for succeeding generation.

Every one can close the time gap and listen to the message which was given 1400 years back in the same language and verbatim without any change. So in reality The Last Prophet is living and talking before them and there is no excuse for them to say to God that they did not get the message.

In other words we can say that Last and Final Prophet of God is still alive and living with us, because of the detailed and minute information which we have about him than any other personality in this world.

It is only for people to ask and seek and they will get the info…. So no one shall have excuse before God that sufficient info was not available to them.
Thinking

UK

#18688 Oct 3, 2013
You forgot shooting children in their face.
MUQ wrote:
This is again a controversial subject and I do not demand that every one must accept it.
The reality is that age of prophethood has come to an end and no significant prophet has risen in the world for past 1400 years. There have only been localized movements where some one claimed prophet hood, but it was never a Universal phenomenon and no major religion has come into the world since that date.
Many people might not agree with me and I do not find fault with them when I say that closing the door of Prophethood was indeed an act of Mercy by the Most Merciful and Most Gracious God, because it saved human society forever from deciding on every “New” prophet!!
As mentioned earlier, A prophet lives as long as his message and his teachings are alive, and it so happened that Life and Teachings and Message of the Last Prophet in the chain was preserved intact and in Great Details for succeeding generation.
Every one can close the time gap and listen to the message which was given 1400 years back in the same language and verbatim without any change. So in reality The Last Prophet is living and talking before them and there is no excuse for them to say to God that they did not get the message.
In other words we can say that Last and Final Prophet of God is still alive and living with us, because of the detailed and minute information which we have about him than any other personality in this world.
It is only for people to ask and seek and they will get the info…. So no one shall have excuse before God that sufficient info was not available to them.
Dak-Original

London, UK

#18689 Oct 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Every twist and trick to suit his belief! OH! MUQ!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#18690 Oct 3, 2013
It says in the NT that a house divided against itself will not stand. This describes Christianity. Every time somebody comes up with a new theology, they write a new version of the bible. The NT says whatever you want it to say. It is also "wind and confusion" anyway. Jesus is not God, he is the modern day idol of Israel and he is prophesied in the OT as such. The final prophet, the Messiah is here on earth and will appear at any moment. Everyone in the world will convert to either Christianity (sons of darkness) or the Truth (sons of light). We will all witness the bible (OT) completely and literally fulfilled.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18691 Oct 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
It says in the NT that a house divided against itself will not stand. This describes Christianity. Every time somebody comes up with a new theology, they write a new version of the bible. The NT says whatever you want it to say. It is also "wind and confusion" anyway. Jesus is not God, he is the modern day idol of Israel and he is prophesied in the OT as such. The final prophet, the Messiah is here on earth and will appear at any moment. Everyone in the world will convert to either Christianity (sons of darkness) or the Truth (sons of light). We will all witness the bible (OT) completely and literally fulfilled.
I see you have been good, and earned some time on the institution's public computer again.

It's time for your medication, though.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#18692 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I see you have been good, and earned some time on the institution's public computer again.
It's time for your medication, though.
I haven't been in a hospital since January, 1986. 27 years. But the doctors love to study me, I'm a worldwide famous case history since the early eighties, under a pseudonym of course. I am not delusional. I've had the best medical care and my doctors conclusion after his presentation on me was "You can't change character" I happen to disagree but I cannot be changed. "...For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed" Malachi 3:6. It's been just over 30 years since my calling began ....so anytime now.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18693 Oct 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been in a hospital since January, 1986. 27 years. But the doctors love to study me, I'm a worldwide famous case history since the early eighties, under a pseudonym of course. I am not delusional. I've had the best medical care and my doctors conclusion after his presentation on me was "You can't change character" I happen to disagree but I cannot be changed. "...For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed" Malachi 3:6. It's been just over 30 years since my calling began ....so anytime now.
.... aaaaaand the schizophrenia returns in full force...

.... you desperately need to go back to hospital.

And thanks to Obamacare? It'll be paid for this time around...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18694 Oct 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been in a hospital since January, 1986. 27 years. But the doctors love to study me, I'm a worldwide famous case history since the early eighties, under a pseudonym of course. I am not delusional. I've had the best medical care and my doctors conclusion after his presentation on me was "You can't change character" I happen to disagree but I cannot be changed. "...For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed" Malachi 3:6. It's been just over 30 years since my calling began ....so anytime now.
Yeah, yeah, yeah....you've said all this before.

It was a boring lie then, its a boring lie now.

Location hidden

#18695 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
.... aaaaaand the schizophrenia returns in full force...
.... you desperately need to go back to hospital.
And thanks to Obamacare? It'll be paid for this time around...
In the future, governments will look back at this era and wonder how they let so many mentally ill people destroy society.

There will be clinics where chronic religious liars can get help, like AA, but without the made up higher power.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18696 Oct 4, 2013
http://www.justgiving.com/nofaithschools/eurl...
The British Humanist Association employs the only campaigner working full time against ‘faith’ schools and their discrimination in admissions, employment and the curriculum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min DanFromSmithville 20,563
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 20 min woodtick57 10,730
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Knowledge- 244,816
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 3 hr Shizle 15
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 4 hr Thinking 9
Santa vs. God: logic? Wed Shizle 2
Is the Christian god good? Wed Shizle 4
More from around the web