Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18635 Sep 24, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ,what is the purpose of our discussion?Weren't we supposed to discuss on the veracity of prophets?
You have posted so many posts on Qualities on prophet,which you're supposed to do;but what is the use if you don't mention any sources?
If I were to post "qualities of false prophets" and make your prophets look bad,would you accept it without any questions and asking for proofs?
How can I know if the posts that you're posting are valid?
PS:Why don't you want to "not post" about the people I've been asking for?Just give me assurance that you would give answers to my questions,sooner or later.
Our purpose of discussion is that we should know what are the qualities of a True Prophet of God.

So we can find out if any person is a True Prophet of God or not.

First we have to understand these qualities, unless the list is finished, it is premature to discuss any names.

This is what I am repeating for the umpteenth time and I fail to understand why it is so difficult to understand.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18637 Sep 25, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I was aiming for humour, not insult.
But really, asking Muq questions about the paedophile prophet seems to be feeding the madness instead of confronting it. I appreciate that people are trying patiently to let him see the insanity of his prattle, but I don't think Islamism and similar mental afflictions work that way. It just looks like we're humouring him, or maybe even encouraging him.
So what do you think **would** work?

Electroshock treatment? Frontal lobotomy?(or has that already been done...)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18638 Sep 25, 2013
reasoner wrote:
<quoted text>
And shooting dead mothers in front of their children. It is a very very sick world we live in. And this type of terrorism is unfortunately set to continue as long as people are brainwashed into extremist religion.
All religion is extremism. Its extremist to believe in something that isn't there, yet controls the whole damn universe.

Governments should do more to protect citizens from mentally ill religious folk who harbor supernatural motives.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18639 Sep 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you think **would** work?...
As I say, confronting the madness.

I think we demonstrate when religionists fail to comprehend simple facts like the difference between a belief and disbelief and the significance of Russell’s Teapot. Some cannot understand the moral difference between eating meat for nourishment and animal sacrifice to religion. They cannot see the absurdity of believing a god sent a prophet to Earth and that religions are generally parent-given.

I think it's usually a mistake for us to say they're stupid or lying because we may look to the dispassionate observer like people who cannot differentiate between people who are sincere and mistaken and those who are intentionally deceitful.

(My reply to Rio, 18636 above, looks to me as though it might be auto-deleted)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18640 Sep 25, 2013
I may have to stop attending Topix. They're currently running VERY intrusive adverts that interfere with the left of the screen and my ability to view posts.
reasoner

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18641 Sep 25, 2013
EdSed wrote:
I may have to stop attending Topix. They're currently running VERY intrusive adverts that interfere with the left of the screen and my ability to view posts.
Have you got pop up blocker turned on? Could download an ad blocker if that doesnt work?
Thinking

UK

#18642 Sep 25, 2013
Imaginary animals like allah's holy she camel, do you mean?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do animal lovers do not eat then lamb sandwiches? Or hot dogs?
May be they get their meats from "imaginary animals"!!
Thinking

UK

#18643 Sep 25, 2013
I run Firefox with Mozilla's own add in ad blocker on my MacBook.
Works a treat.
EdSed wrote:
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18644 Sep 25, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

P. Sixteenth Quality: How Were Prophets Treated by People?

Even though prophets of God were men of highest moral character, asked no worldly reward from people and had no personal interests, and their only concern was that the people should walk in the True Path of God, they did not met with Universal approval from their country men.

If we go thru the religious history of different nations, throughout ages, we find that during their life times, almost every prophet was greeted with ridicule, taunts, abuses and had to bear threat of violence or death against their persons.

It would have been a very lucky prophet of God, who met with universal approval right from the time, he declared his mission.

Different prophets met with different approval ratings during their worldly life and afterwards. Some prophets died with very small numbers of people believing in them during their life times.

Some of them got recognition after they were gone from the world and some were lost to memory after their death.

There are very few cases where prophets were successful during their lives and after their death.

P2. Can we rate Prophets of God based on their Worldly Successes?

But whether a prophet was rejected by his fellow country men or accepted, in the eyes of God, he was always a success. Because he was sent with the message to deliver to the people and spend his full energy in propagating that guidance.

If he did his job with full dedication, he is entitled to get full rewards. The acceptance or rejection is the act of his followers and they will have to answer for that before the God.

That is why, we should respect all prophets of God and do not try to rate them based on what success they received on earth.

Allah Knows best.

Location hidden

#18645 Sep 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Even though prophets of God were men of highest moral character, asked no worldly reward from people and had no personal interests, and their only concern was that the people should walk in the True Path of God, they did not met with Universal approval from their country men.
If we go thru the religious history of different nations, throughout ages, we find that during their life times, almost every prophet was greeted with ridicule, taunts, abuses and had to bear threat of violence or death against their persons.
It would have been a very lucky prophet of God, who met with universal approval right from the time, he declared his mission.
Different prophets met with different approval ratings during their worldly life and afterwards. Some prophets died with very small numbers of people believing in them during their life times.
Some of them got recognition after they were gone from the world and some were lost to memory after their death.
There are very few cases where prophets were successful during their lives and after their death.
But whether a prophet was rejected by his fellow country men or accepted, in the eyes of God, he was always a success. Because he was sent with the message to deliver to the people and spend his full energy in propagating that guidance.
If he did his job with full dedication, he is entitled to get full rewards. The acceptance or rejection is the act of his followers and they will have to answer for that before the God.
That is why, we should respect all prophets of God and do not try to rate them based on what success they received on earth.
Allah Knows best.
What a cowardly liar-troll with no proof of god,

Location hidden

#18646 Sep 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Allah Knows best.
Can you explain to us your daily routine? I want to learn more about how mad people survive in the real world in this day and age.

Location hidden

#18647 Sep 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Our purpose of discussion is that we should know what are the qualities of a True Prophet of God.
So we can find out if any person is a True Prophet of God or not.
First we have to understand these qualities, unless the list is finished, it is premature to discuss any names.
This is what I am repeating for the umpteenth time and I fail to understand why it is so difficult to understand.
There's no such thing as god. Try proving that before lying about prophets etc.
reasoner

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18648 Sep 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
If you read the old testament you would see that the so called prophets are far from having the highest moral character. The people of Canaan were by all accounts just and moral people living in a peaceful manner. This was before the hero of the Bible and the Quran, Moses, arrived with the Israelites. According to the highly dubious accounts of the Bible, the peaceful inhabitants of Canaan were subject to an unprovoked holy war of ferocity and barbarity beyond comprehension. The god-sactioned jihad of the old testament has the Israelites going from city to city killing "everything that breathes" including women, children and animals. Except in some areas they would take the virgin girls and animals as war booty. The cruelty of these "prophets" and their followers causes revulsion in any sane person. And of course the legends of murder and rape are not restricted to the Bible, they are repeated by Muhammed and his followers with Islam. Although these accounts are largely or wholly fictional no right minded person can think of such stories as anything but revolting tales made up by vile, cruel and violent psychopaths.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18649 Sep 26, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ,what is the purpose of our discussion?Weren't we supposed to discuss on the veracity of prophets?
You have posted so many posts on Qualities on prophet,which you're supposed to do;but what is the use if you don't mention any sources?
If I were to post "qualities of false prophets" and make your prophets look bad,would you accept it without any questions and asking for proofs?
How can I know if the posts that you're posting are valid?
PS:Why don't you want to "not post" about the people I've been asking for?Just give me assurance that you would give answers to my questions,sooner or later.
I think we are all wasting our time talking to Muq, he never gives a straight answer and continualy dodges questions, as you pointed out to me some time ago.

I suggest he watches Monty pythons LIFE OF BRIAN,, as this is far closer to the truth.
Thinking

UK

#18650 Sep 26, 2013
Excuse me, Muq. Is this the Wahabi People's Front?
F*ck off!'Wahabi People's Front'. We're the People's Front of Wahab!'Wahabi People's Front'...
Wankers.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we are all wasting our time talking to Muq, he never gives a straight answer and continualy dodges questions, as you pointed out to me some time ago.
I suggest he watches Monty pythons LIFE OF BRIAN,, as this is far closer to the truth.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#18651 Sep 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Excuse me, Muq. Is this the Wahabi People's Front?
F*ck off!'Wahabi People's Front'. We're the People's Front of Wahab!'Wahabi People's Front'...
Wankers.
<quoted text>
Chuckle :-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18652 Sep 26, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>As I say, confronting the madness.
I think we demonstrate when religionists fail to comprehend simple facts like the difference between a belief and disbelief and the significance of Russell’s Teapot. Some cannot understand the moral difference between eating meat for nourishment and animal sacrifice to religion. They cannot see the absurdity of believing a god sent a prophet to Earth and that religions are generally parent-given.
I think it's usually a mistake for us to say they're stupid or lying because we may look to the dispassionate observer like people who cannot differentiate between people who are sincere and mistaken and those who are intentionally deceitful.
(My reply to Rio, 18636 above, looks to me as though it might be auto-deleted)
You are correct-- it **is** over the top for the majority of people, to call them liars.

They are simply deluded by what they were told by people they couldn't help but to trust.

Alas, the trust was misplaced, of course.

On the other hand? Godbots on Topix **have** been shown the error of their non-arguments.

And they continue as if nothing was ever said about them--

--- those people **are** lying. Deliberately so.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18653 Sep 26, 2013
EdSed wrote:
Go to either Chrome or Firefox, and install NoScript.

It's what I use-- I see only about 5% of the ads, and none of the blinking/in-your-face ones at all.
MUQ

Delhi, India

#18654 Sep 27, 2013
reasoner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the old testament you would see that the so called prophets are far from having the highest moral character. The people of Canaan were by all accounts just and moral people living in a peaceful manner. This was before the hero of the Bible and the Quran, Moses, arrived with the Israelites. According to the highly dubious accounts of the Bible, the peaceful inhabitants of Canaan were subject to an unprovoked holy war of ferocity and barbarity beyond comprehension. The god-sactioned jihad of the old testament has the Israelites going from city to city killing "everything that breathes" including women, children and animals. Except in some areas they would take the virgin girls and animals as war booty. The cruelty of these "prophets" and their followers causes revulsion in any sane person. And of course the legends of murder and rape are not restricted to the Bible, they are repeated by Muhammed and his followers with Islam. Although these accounts are largely or wholly fictional no right minded person can think of such stories as anything but revolting tales made up by vile, cruel and violent psychopaths.
They have tarnished the character of every prophet of God and wrote many scandalous stories about them.

But if you read Quran, you will find that no such story is told about ANY prophet.

There is so much difference between the stories mentioned in Quran and those in Bible, that if the names were not same, people would think that they are two different set of people.

If you want to know about prophet, you should read Quran and not Bible.
reasoner

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18655 Sep 27, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know about prophet, you should read Quran and not Bible.
Hi Muq, I have read some of the Quran, and the stories of prophets are generally less violent than the old testament (which is a good thing). However, the Quran faces the same problems as the Bible.

The Quran is written in the third person, not the first person. God and Muhammed are written about in the third person, not the first person. There is good reason for this. It was not written by Muhammed. It was collated after his death by his followers, and put together by various people. So effectively it is an anonymous document put together by unknown sources by unknown people. Just like the books in the Bible.

As the revelation is not given directly to me, I do not need to believe it. In fact the revelation is coming third, fouth, fifth hand? who knows. Its anyones guess how it was put together.

Is a God or gods were to give us a revelation a better way of doing this would be to give us all a revelation directly. All people in the world from every country and culture would all agree on the same religion and the existence of God would not be in doubt. Instead we have competing and contradictory so called revelations, by so called prophets, holy men and saints throughout history. Such people claim to hear the voice of God, or differing gods. Some ppl claim to see the virgin Mary in visions, they write divinely inspired messages, speak in tongues or witness miracles. This does not happen to normal people as a species we are becoming less superstitious and less prone to religious delusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Knowledge- 244,822
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 50 min Paul Porter1 20,572
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 1 hr Anonymous1386 11
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 10,738
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 12 hr Shizle 15
Santa vs. God: logic? Wed Shizle 2
Is the Christian god good? Wed Shizle 4
More from around the web