Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#18583 Sep 20, 2013
The 72 muslim virgins will have 72 honour killing muslim dads, 144 honour killing muslim brothers and 216 honour killing muslim uncles.

They haven't thought it through.
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a control freak, just like your prophet.
Your code is,,, Don't do as I do, do as I say.
When questioned it becomes,,, Because I said so.
You are clearly beyond help with no clue as to how a discusion works.
No maidens for you when you die.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18584 Sep 20, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
No maidens for you when you die.
Will YOU take all the maidens when I die?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18585 Sep 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
sunnis think shiites are mental.
shiites think sunnis are mental.
Pakistanis think it is OK to kill ahmadis.
muslim bubbles within muslim bubbles...
<quoted text>
And of course the same goes for the 40,000 Christian sects.

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18586 Sep 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not mentioning any names here, just listing the qualities....once the list is over, we might discuss names.
You have to wait a little longer...
.The purpose of our discussion is to find whether Muhammad had the qualities of a prophet or not.It would make our discussion short and precise if you mention the people who knew the standards of a true prophet before Muhammad and other abrahamic prophets who allegedly existed.
Once you mention it,we can get to the core of the matter and hence it would obviate any further discussion on qualities.We can then talk about the people who knew these standards.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18587 Sep 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Will YOU take all the maidens when I die?
No. I have sown my seed. I am not a gready man.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18588 Sep 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I answer pertinent questions and not every question, you should learn the decencies of discussion and ask pertinent questions.
I have not mentioned any names yet , so you should also not name any person, till the time comes.
Try being decent enough to prove the god you lie about for your shameful cult.

Location hidden

#18589 Sep 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The 72 muslim virgins will have 72 honour killing muslim dads, 144 honour killing muslim brothers and 216 honour killing muslim uncles.
They haven't thought it through.
<quoted text>
71 virgins were not enough to tempt people towards lying about god being real, so they added one more.

Because that's exactly how depraved that cults followers are, 72 virgins depraved, not 71, definitely 72.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18590 Sep 20, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text> .The purpose of our discussion is to find whether Muhammad had the qualities of a prophet or not.It would make our discussion short and precise if you mention the people who knew the standards of a true prophet before Muhammad and other abrahamic prophets who allegedly existed.
Once you mention it,we can get to the core of the matter and hence it would obviate any further discussion on qualities.We can then talk about the people who knew these standards.
What about the scientific facts that Muq claims are contained within the koran,,, he brought the subject up,,, he changed the topic,,, I think you are entitled to an explanation.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18591 Sep 20, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text> .The purpose of our discussion is to find whether Muhammad had the qualities of a prophet or not.It would make our discussion short and precise if you mention the people who knew the standards of a true prophet before Muhammad and other abrahamic prophets who allegedly existed.
Brother, that will come later on, when we are finished with the list of qualities and then we cake individuals and see, how many qualify for from that list.

Unless you have knowledge about what qualities a prophet should have, it is not correct to start mentioning names and have arguments.

That is why, I am not mentioning any names here, just a list of qualities.

You have to have patience, when discussing this matter, as I told you a number of times.

If you any question about the qualities, without mentioning any names, then it is OK.

Location hidden

#18592 Sep 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother, that will come later on, when we are finished with the list of qualities and then we cake individuals and see, how many qualify for from that list.
Unless you have knowledge about what qualities a prophet should have, it is not correct to start mentioning names and have arguments.
That is why, I am not mentioning any names here, just a list of qualities.
You have to have patience, when discussing this matter, as I told you a number of times.
If you any question about the qualities, without mentioning any names, then it is OK.
You need to prove your god instead of proving that you are a dishonest cult idiot.

Mumbai, India

#18593 Sep 21, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the scientific facts that Muq claims are contained within the koran,,, he brought the subject up,,, he changed the topic,,, I think you are entitled to an explanation.
Well,If I ask for the explanation he would use that as an excuse and blame me for cutting him short.After all,he always finds a way to escape serious questions that are put before him.Let him go his way and I would catch him once he finishes with his 20th post on Muhammad.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18596 Sep 22, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,If I ask for the explanation he would use that as an excuse and blame me for cutting him short.After all,he always finds a way to escape serious questions that are put before him.Let him go his way and I would catch him once he finishes with his 20th post on Muhammad.
Ask question about the properties what I am quoting and do not consider about the personalities.

First I asked you people, have you any knowledge or info about these qualities, when you said you had none, only then I started giving them.

Instead of understanding them, you want to derail the discussion.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18597 Sep 22, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

O1. Fourteenth Quality: Teachings of a Prophet

a. Teachings related to Faith and Beliefs

Despite different Codes of Laws for their people, speaking Different Languages, having differences in Color, Caste and Creed and Geographical Locations and Times, all prophets of God, have following as essential parts of beliefs in their teachings:

1. Worship Only One God:

Worship only One True Lord of Universe and shun worship of false gods, idols and associating any one in the worship of True God of Universe. One should only fear God and no one else in the world

2. Follow me:

Follow my teachings and try to emulate me as best as you can.

3. Prepare for the Hereafter:

Perform Good Deeds and shun Evil Deeds, so you can be successful and pass the test of your life, accounts of which shall be taken on the Last Day or the Judgment Day.

These are essential and unchanging part of teachings of every True Prophet of God. And these are the things thru which we can distinguish a True prophet of God from a False prophet claiming to be from God.

If we find any so called prophet compromising on these basic teachings, he can be any thing else except a True Prophet of God.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18598 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Despite different Codes of Laws for their people, speaking Different Languages, having differences in Color, Caste and Creed and Geographical Locations and Times, all prophets of God, have following as essential parts of beliefs in their teachings:
1. Worship Only One God:
Worship only One True Lord of Universe and shun worship of false gods, idols and associating any one in the worship of True God of Universe. One should only fear God and no one else in the world
2. Follow me:
Perform Good Deeds and shun Evil Deeds, so you can be successful and pass the test of your life, accounts of which shall be taken on the Last Day or the Judgment Day.
These are essential and unchanging part of teachings of every True Prophet of God. And these are the things thru which we can distinguish a True prophet of God from a False prophet claiming to be from God.
If we find any so called prophet compromising on these basic teachings, he can be any thing else except a True Prophet of God.
ONE SHOULD ONLY FEAR GOD AND NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

Why would a god wish to be feared ??

That is evil.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18599 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
1. Worship Only One God:
2. Follow me:
PREPARE FOR THE HEREAFTER.

There is no proof of a god or a hereafter, you my friend have been conned.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18600 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
1. Worship Only One God:
2. Follow me:
DESPITE DIFFERENT CODES OF LAWS FOR THEIR PEOPLE.

Why would a god give different codes of law around the world ???
this would just cause imbalance, problems, confusion.
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#18601 Sep 22, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE SHOULD ONLY FEAR GOD AND NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD.
Why would a god wish to be feared ??
That is evil.
"Fear GOD" could only be written by those who had experienced a tyrant ruler!
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#18602 Sep 22, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
PREPARE FOR THE HEREAFTER.
There is no proof of a god or a hereafter, you my friend have been conned.
According to MUQ, you live in this life to prepare for comfortable (and 72 virgin in bargain) next life in sky heaven.
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#18603 Sep 22, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
DESPITE DIFFERENT CODES OF LAWS FOR THEIR PEOPLE.
Why would a god give different codes of law around the world ???
this would just cause imbalance, problems, confusion.
MUQ will tell you that you that you are jealous of the Arabs, or more likely he will tell you: "Allah knows best!"

NB: Evolution of species is now proven to be a fact!

Mumbai, India

#18604 Sep 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
1. Worship Only One God:
2. Follow me:
So why was Ahmadiyas' redeemer was rejected even though he followed Muhammad and Jesus?
A)Your first point is invalid since all abrahamic prophets were allegedly from same geographical region.And Quran doesn't even mention anything about people who have existed beyond that region.
So saying prophets existed in all parts of the world is just an unwarranted claim.Though Muhammad did hold the same opinion as you do,he failed to mention the name of the prophets who didn't belong to Abrahamic religions.This could be related to the fact that no non- Abrahamic religion except the local polytheist cult was followed in Middle-east in those days.So it seems obvious that Muhammad's acceptance of Jesus and Moses was merely because knew about their religions. There is clearly a lack of evidences that would prove your Allah had connection with the rest of the world.
So how could you say people rejected Allah's guidance before Muhammad when there is no evidence from Islamic sources that would prove otherwise?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 38 min Into The Night 94,122
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 7 hr Eagle 12 - 133
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 15 dollarsbill 5
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20
The atheists trick May 8 Eagle 12 - 3
News The Anti-Christian Movement May 7 blacklagoon 3 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) May 5 Eagle 12 - 5,971