Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 878)

Showing posts 17,541 - 17,560 of21,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

You've had 1400 years to bury the truth but people still believe the quran was cobbled together long after mohammed went to paedo heaven.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
01. What you have "heard" is wrong!!
The Quran was written down in "book form" within two years of the death of prophet. It was not written down in "Book form" during the life time of prophet, because it was not sure that the process of revelation has finished.
But after death of prophet, it became clear that now no more revelation is possible, so the companions of prophet (who were in many thousands at that time), agreed to put that down in book form and it was done.
Then during the reign of Third Caliph (Othman), authentic copies were made from that Quran and dispatched to all major cities of Islamic Empire.
And two of those copies survive to this day.
So your "surmise" that Quran was written 200 years after death of prophet is totally wrong and unfounded.
02. The books of sayings of prophet, called Hadith, what we have today were written after 100 years and the reasons are very clear.
In initial days, people did not want to write sayings of prophet, so that people do not get confused and confuse it with Quran.
But once Quran was well established, people started writing sayings of prophet.
First collections were seen within 100 years of death of prophet, but books which we have today , date from 200 years on wards.
But, people should not get confused, each narration has a chain of narrators, each of them is well known and we can trace authenticity of each Hadith.
Such a thing is not possible for any other book written in the world.
3. Quran is a miracle in many sense. It is a Literally miracle in Arabic language and no human can match it in eloquence and style.
Then it is miracle in its contents and teachings, its teachings are always balaced and golden mean between two extremes.
It is only book which is always current and never gets outdated.
It keeps pace with science and scientific discoveries.
There are many qualities of Quran which make it beyond human ability and fit to be called a miracle.

Since: Mar 12

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quran was written down in "book form" within two years of the death of prophet. It was not written down in "Book form" during the life time of prophet, because it was not sure that the process of revelation has finished.
But after death of prophet, it became clear that now no more revelation is possible, so the companions of prophet (who were in many thousands at that time), agreed to put that down in book form and it was done.
Then during the reign of Third Caliph (Othman), authentic copies were made from that Quran and dispatched to all major cities of Islamic Empire.
So your "surmise" that Quran was written 200 years after death of prophet is totally wrong and unfounded.
02. The books of sayings of prophet, called Hadith, what we have today were written after 100 years and the reasons are very clear.
In initial days, people did not want to write sayings of prophet, so that people do not get confused and confuse it with Quran.
First collections were seen within 100 years of death of prophet, but books which we have today , date from 200 years on wards.
But, people should not get confused, each narration has a chain of narrators, each of them is well known and we can trace authenticity of each Hadith.
3. Quran is a miracle in many sense. It is a Literally miracle in Arabic language and no human can match it in eloquence and style.
Then it is miracle in its contents and teachings, its teachings are always balaced and golden mean between two extremes.
There are many qualities of Quran which make it beyond human ability and fit to be called a miracle.
If whatever you've said is true,then Muhammad did exist.
What are the scientific facts that are mentioned in Quran?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>What are the scientific facts that are mentioned in Quran?
The same ones mentioned in the bible i.e. a flat earth.

Only believers will interpret their holy books is imaginative ways to get around what they are relaly saying. A straight forward reading of the Bible and Quran shows the authors believed in 6 days creation and in a flat earth.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
.. people still believe the quran was cobbled together long after mohammed went to paedo heaven.
<quoted text>
Muhammed knew his target audience. Which buttons to press. An uneducated arab of the 7th century given a choice between burning in hell for eternity or 72 virgins in paradise. And no alternative. It is obvious which one he would go for.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>.. many qualities of Quran which make it beyond human ability and fit to be called a miracle.
The only miracle here is that theists like yourself >still< believe in this nonsense, given what you know from being on this forum.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Marked as worthless religious spam

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
The same ones mentioned in the bible i.e. a flat earth.
Only believers will interpret their holy books is imaginative ways to get around what they are relaly saying. A straight forward reading of the Bible and Quran shows the authors believed in 6 days creation and in a flat earth.
Are these what he calls "scientific miracles"?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these what he calls "scientific miracles"?
There are several claimed scientific miracles, as there are in the bible.

For example in the Quran it says "Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them", which they claim refers to the Big Bang. Its reading something into it, that isnt there; which is exactly what the Christians do to the Bible.

The flat earth was the conventional world view up until the 17th century. This is why both the bible and the quran talk about the earth being flat. The Quran mentions that the world was "laid out" or "made flat" 88:18-19.

The bible claims the earth is either flat or rectangular.

Hence in Matthew "Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world".. Jesus is shown the entire world on top of a mountain, which is obviously not possible with a sperical earth.

"And after these things I saw four angels standing on four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth," Revelation 7:1.. the earth having four corners, this being the alternative rectangular option.

Bizarrely one of the reasons given by an early "church father" for chosing four gospels out of a choice of dozens, was on the basis that the earth had four corners!

Devil's hometown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several claimed scientific miracles, as there are in the bible.
For example in the Quran it says "Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them", which they claim refers to the Big Bang. Its reading something into it, that isnt there; which is exactly what the Christians do to the Bible.
The flat earth was the conventional world view up until the 17th century. This is why both the bible and the quran talk about the earth being flat. The Quran mentions that the world was "laid out" or "made flat" 88:18-19.
The bible claims the earth is either flat or rectangular.
Hence in Matthew "Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world".. Jesus is shown the entire world on top of a mountain, which is obviously not possible with a sperical earth.
"And after these things I saw four angels standing on four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth," Revelation 7:1.. the earth having four corners, this being the alternative rectangular option.
Bizarrely one of the reasons given by an early "church father" for chosing four gospels out of a choice of dozens, was on the basis that the earth had four corners!
Same shits in different piles..:)
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Found on "Think Humanism"....
http://www.wimp.com/schoolscreativity/

FYI...
https://humanism.org.uk/events/...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
You've had 1400 years to bury the truth but people still believe the quran was cobbled together long after mohammed went to paedo heaven.
<quoted text>
Yep.

Besides, Moohumud was illiterate and pretty much a low-grade moron.

There is no way he had anything to do with writing an actual ... book.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Maybe it was acceptable to murder and sleep with six year olds in his day but there is nothing to admire about mohammed today.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Besides, Moohumud was illiterate and pretty much a low-grade moron.
There is no way he had anything to do with writing an actual ... book.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Maybe it was acceptable to murder and sleep with six year olds in his day but there is nothing to admire about mohammed today.
<quoted text>
Agreed. He is an idealized monster. Damn good thing he never actually existed as portrayed.

(well, apart from the pedophilia and illiteracy--- that I can easily believe)

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Jizya:
That Tax is not for God, for He is free of all wants from us humans.
The money is to be spent on poor of the society. Where your Tax money goes by the way?
2. On Isreal:
I did not see that destroying Isreal will solve "all" of world's problem.
I said destroying Isreal would solve "Most" of the problems western world is having with Muslim world.
Try it and see the result.
3. On True Prophets:
One can recognize a true prophet of God, by verifying that he possess "most" of the qualities mentioned in the list.
I am not yet taking any names, but we will reach to that stage when we are thru with the list.
4. Our Prophet, Last Prophet or Anti-Christ:
He is the Last Prophet, because no True Prophet has come into the world for past 1400 years and none is expected.
He cannot be Anti- Christ, because he asked his followers to believe in Jesus Christ. He restored Jesus to his true position and removed all the falsehood which those exaggerating Christians had put around him and made him almost a magical figure.
Our prophet was the "True Benefactor" of Jesus Christ, how can he be Anti Christ?
You have combined a number of posts into one reply covering different arguments. I cannot adequately reply to all of your reply with the limits of Topix.

If I was a suspicious sort, I'd say this was by design a la the Gish Gallop.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Start here and reply for each post:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>If whatever you've said is true,then Muhammad did exist.
What are the scientific facts that are mentioned in Quran?
This is another topic and not connected with what we have, so let us concentrate on "What are qualities of True Prophet of God"
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You have combined a number of posts into one reply covering different arguments. I cannot adequately reply to all of your reply with the limits of Topix.
If I was a suspicious sort, I'd say this was by design a la the Gish Gallop.
But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Start here and reply for each post:
That is very good, please ask a single question and we can have some fun!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

N: Thirteenth Quality: Prophesy:

Some Prophets foretell Future Events:

Prophets receive their information directly from the Most Reliable source of all, i.e. God Almighty, Who gives them some insight about some future events. Prophets tell them to their followers, these are called Prophesies.

A prophesy from a Prophet’s lip is different from the “Guess work and logical conclusions” which wise and knowledgeable people or Magicians and Soothsayers and Astrologers say.

A prophesy from True Prophet of God is always fulfilled, while most of the prophesies and predictions from these wise men and soothsayers and magicians go wrong.

Prophesies in reality are word representations of a future event and they are never told with exact details. A few important hints and signs are given and when the event comes to pass, people relate it to prophesy made by the prophets.

A prophesy made by a prophet could be fulfilled during his life time, within a short time or fulfilled after many centuries so to say.

When a particular prophesy shall be fulfilled is derived from the wordings and hints given, there could be differences and scholars might disagree on their exact fulfillment.

N1: Making Prophesy is not an essential condition of a Prophet:

It is not a must that every prophet must make Prophesies. There could be prophets who have not made any prophesy. It has no status on their status or position of Prophethood.

N2. Sometime a prophet might make prophesy about advent of another prophet:

It could happen that some prophets, from the knowledge they receive from God, might make prediction about some other prophet that is to come into the world.

Usually such predictions are about some Major Prophets that would change the course of human history. The exact details about time and detailed qualities are however not mentioned, but sufficient hints are given, using which people with knowledge can identify the prophet when he appears into the world.

All major prophets have told their followers about the Last and Final prophet of God that would come into the world.

PS:

Please remember that my last sentence is speculative and it is better if we just list it and discuss it in detail, when we discuss names of the prophets. If someone objects, I can expunge this last sentence.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another topic and not connected with what we have, so let us concentrate on "What are qualities of True Prophet of God"
Pedophilia?

Illiteracy?

<laughing>

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is peoples will not have enough time any more to figure out a long debate about religions or not in the nuclear Age. Not the Religion is the urgent Thing humanity has to solve it is to get rid fast from Atom Desaster as quickly as possible. If not we are on the verge of nihilating the human race. That is the question. to be or not to be. That is the number one question of survival.
Bookmark for me.

When I have more free time, I'll play with you.

(Fair warning - brush up on your physics for I may use how traveling faster than the speed of a horse is degrading DNA such that humans will devolve back to tetrapods in your great-grand-children's time. Maybe not yours specifically because you reproducing sounds ridiculous. but time wise.)
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
..Prophets receive their information directly from the Most Reliable source of all, i.e. God Almighty, Who gives them some insight about some future events.
There are planty of people today who claim that God is speaking to them. Those people are having auditory hallucinations. Today we call that schizophrenia. It is a medical condition, a diagnosable mental illness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,541 - 17,560 of21,328
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••