Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18511 Sep 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies brother, you DO follow our discussions.
I was not responding to your posts, because you withdrew from the discussion, saying you have no interest in the topic and let some some else take it over.
OK, if you are interested in this topic, please put back your question, but it should be on the topic which we are discussing, not like a fishing trip.
The topic is "What are the qualities of a True Prophet of God".... I am not mentioning any name, mind it.
Just giving a list of qualities, once it is over, we can bring personalities into it and verify, how much they qualify.
So please ask your question on this subject.
You don't have any proof and are lying through your teeth.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18512 Sep 16, 2013
RP wrote:
1. 999,999 or so other sperm washed away as insignificant waste products. The woman can and will provide for the needs of both her female, or male children. She will teach her child the values which benefit the human race, and there is no valor in a man who would thigh a baby.

2. You are slow! Are you not flesh and blood? If you are flesh and blood, you are animal. The other choices are mineral and vegetable.

3.A We do not have a creator, you loons have a false prophet who came with a sword and forced you to hand over children to be raped. Call it marriage if you will, it is still the rape of children. Thighing is rape.

6. Homosexuality is not a perversion, thighing is a perversion. Robbery and murder are crimes.

7. That was proof of your lies, I merely pointed them out.
Ans.

1. Irrespective of how much you try to belittle your counter part…..your "factory" is worthless without it.

And what is more, you have to "beg" again and again for that tiny part and you shall always be at the "receiving end".

It is you that shall be "pierced" again and again and that is the destiny of your lot.

Please do not say that I am a Male Chauvinist Pig, I tried to be polite and hoped you will understand it, but you keep on coming for more and more.

3. I will not take your "unsupported" word that there is no Creator. You are too puny a creature to take that big role.

6. Homo is a perversion like many other perversion and only a pervert will try to justify it and no normal human.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18513 Sep 16, 2013
Jack wrote:
MUG, I am a creature of habit, not 100% of my circle accept it. I am NOT a habitual liar. Indeed, I say what's on my mind, more so if I can show it to be the truth. If that ruffles feathers, it is NOT my problem. I ceased “name calling” the day I left kindergarten, exactly where everyone else should leave it.

Therefore, I will reiterate that if you sincerely believe we are somehow taught our sexual orientation, you would do yourself a great service burning your 'holy' books and make today memorable by replacing them by encyclopedia.

After which, you will see your former self in the light that the rest of us have seen you in; a pathetic, scared of fact, dimwit. By the same token, if I am left in awe of someone who invents a machine that sews, having the point of the needle at the same end as the eye of the needle, then THAT is genius, and I would rank that person as such. Seeing someone as a genius, would not be name calling, be it were true as I see it.

Identify the disease you diagnosed I have.
Ans.

Thank you brother for your "High End" advice.

I wish you practice what you preach and we only find encyclopedias in your home and surrounding.

You will meet a happy death with all that literature around you!!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#18514 Sep 16, 2013
US seeks wide international support for Syria chemical weapons deal, meeting allies in Paris

Larry Downing, Pool/Associated Press - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, in white, gets out of his car before departing Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv, Israel, Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013. Kerry on Sunday sent a strong warning to Syria, saying ‘the threat of force is real’ if it does not carry out an internationally brokered agreement to hand over its chemical weapons.
By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, September 16, 12:29 AM
PARIS — Secretary of State John Kerry is briefing some of the United States’ closest allies and working out details on how to put an end to Syria’s chemical weapons program.

A day after visiting Israeli leaders, Kerry was due to meet Monday with top officials from France, Britain, Turkey and Saudi Arabia, who had pressed for military strikes on Syria after the Aug. 21 poison gas attack that killed hundreds.

++======

--------

What a ridiculous saying for dismantling Syria's chemical weapons is, as they have not killed people, and as whether rebels used sarin gas, that is besides the point?
Who do you think they are,as what rights they have to say to do that, to dare to commit atrocity by using and doing the same thing again of chemical weapons saying, as enough is too much enough already--only pervert robots would act like that, such as Putin as the disgrace ugliness, by doing everything US says--including peace plan with no Assad for the rebels as Putin is Muslim rebels' buddy sweetheart, and about North Korea and Iran too?
Whether 8/21 incident shows anything, there have been too many incidents proving US weapons slaughtered too many people already, by just going out to look for destroying and dismantling what they say chemical weapons.

Logical facts prove US weapons had killed too many people, and by that logic, US should be dismantled of its weapons first, to see no more genocides from US anymore from International backing instead.

If Putin does the call for US, Russia might as well dismantle its weapons.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18515 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist for President of the USA not in the cards at the moment.
Maybe Prime Minister of the UK?
I believe both the leader of the opposition, Mr Ed Miliband and the current Deputy PM are both non-believers and most other Brits (MPs or otherwise) don't seriously believe that a god sent a prophet to Earth or any nonsense like that.

The main point is that few voters here are influenced by their religion, religious faith, or lack of any. The situation in the UK is a far healthier and more realistic, in my opinion. That is what I think we should all want to see in the USA too.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18516 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Irrespective of how much you try to belittle your counter part…..your "factory" is worthless without it.
And what is more, you have to "beg" again and again for that tiny part and you shall always be at the "receiving end".
It is you that shall be "pierced" again and again and that is the destiny of your lot.
Please do not say that I am a Male Chauvinist Pig, I tried to be polite and hoped you will understand it, but you keep on coming for more and more.
3. I will not take your "unsupported" word that there is no Creator. You are too puny a creature to take that big role.
6. Homo is a perversion like many other perversion and only a pervert will try to justify it and no normal human.
1. "999,999 or so other sperm washed away as insignificant waste products. The woman can and will provide for the needs of both her female, or male children. She will teach her child the values which benefit the human race, and there is no valor in a man who would thigh a baby.".

Don't change the subject, no one said that the man has no role, only that his role is to provide but a single drop of fluid. Beg? LOL! I don't think so. You really don't know anything about men or women do you? Only houris and ears get pierced. You are a male chauvinist pig, and you repeatedly prove it.

3. A god who cannot protect children from thighing or a pedophile prophet is too puny to have actually created women or children.

6. Homosexuality is as natural as ones eye color. It is a small percentage of all people, every race, every country, every family, but it is there.

Science is not that far away from knowing before birth if a child will be homosexual, and there is already much to say why it happens, and how. A woman in her first pregnancy will almost never give birth to a male homosexual child, but with the fetal exposure to certain hormones in each pregnancy after that, the chances rise, of her sons being born gay. Imagine that there will be a test that a doctor can do, which will tell you if your son will be born gay, what will you do when a doctor tells your wife that the baby she is carrying will be homosexual?

http://sciencefocus.com/feature/life/gay-gene...
LCNLin

United States

#18517 Sep 16, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I believe both the leader of the opposition, Mr Ed Miliband and the current Deputy PM are both non-believers and most other Brits (MPs or otherwise) don't seriously believe that a god sent a prophet to Earth or any nonsense like that.
The main point is that few voters here are influenced by their religion, religious faith, or lack of any. The situation in the UK is a far healthier and more realistic, in my opinion. That is what I think we should all want to see in the USA too.
May give you quantitative materialist solace.
Always enjoy your opinions on atheist philosophy

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18518 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies brother, you DO follow our discussions.
I was not responding to your posts, because you withdrew from the discussion, saying you have no interest in the topic and let some some else take it over.
OK, if you are interested in this topic, please put back your question, but it should be on the topic which we are discussing, not like a fishing trip.
The topic is "What are the qualities of a True Prophet of God".... I am not mentioning any name, mind it.
Just giving a list of qualities, once it is over, we can bring personalities into it and verify, how much they qualify.
So please ask your question on this subject.
The question was who are the people that witnessed Muhammad's miracles?And how did muslims cross-check their words?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18519 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - no such thing.

I thought folks might like these...
http://www.cobourgatheist.com/index.php/humou...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18520 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you fail to comprehend. There are philosophers who are atheist and philosophies that are atheist, but there is no specific 'atheist philosophy' to which all atheists subscribe.

Atheists are simply people who don't believe in what people describe as god or gods...
http://www.godchecker.com/
There's no such thing as gods or pixies.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18521 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Thank you brother for your "High End" advice.
I wish you practice what you preach and we only find encyclopedias in your home and surrounding.
You will meet a happy death with all that literature around you!!
Thanks for forecasting my happy death, I really go for that. I DO practice EXACTLY what I preach. If you'd surface from ur BS just once, you would see that ur comment is without foundation, akin to ur unshakable belief in creationism. But what about responding to the question posed? THAT would make me VERY happy. Don't take TOO long though, I'm not planning to make my will just yet,(say) within the next 1000 posts to this thread.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18522 Sep 16, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was who are the people that witnessed Muhammad's miracles? And how did muslims cross-check their words?
Both good points. I doubt you will get a sensible answer from Muq.

Only a complete idiot in the 21st century could contemplate that Muhammed could fly to heaven on a winged horse.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18523 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
A$$ talk from the creationist with no proof

“The holy experience”

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18524 Sep 16, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Both good points. I doubt you will get a sensible answer from Muq.
Only a complete idiot in the 21st century could contemplate that Muhammed could fly to heaven on a winged horse.
I feel the same thing.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18525 Sep 16, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I believe both the leader of the opposition, Mr Ed Miliband and the current Deputy PM are both non-believers and most other Brits (MPs or otherwise) don't seriously believe that a god sent a prophet to Earth or any nonsense like that.
Agree. However I notice politicians still have to be seen to sensitive to religious voters. For example they will make a point of saying that they have respect for those with a religious faith, even if they dont have one themselves. And sometimes come across as politically correct. For example in the UK the full veil is allowed in schools and courts, even though this means a person cannot be identified. Politicians come out in defense or are silent, as do not wish to cause offence.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#18526 Sep 16, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Ej.
You're welcome

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18527 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Our religion does not FORCE non Muslims to accept Islam or not follow their own religion.
What it demands from them is to pay a small tribute and go ahead with their lives, with their beliefs and with their practices.
Who could be more tolerant and big hearted than that?
Muslims renegading on Islam is a different matter altogether.
2. Are you a born woman? I did not know it. I have seen so many contended Muslim women that I do not have any doubt that they know what they are doing.
It is VERY EASY for a Muslim women to get a divorce. She should go to an Islamic Court and say that she wants a divorce, no power on earth can deny that request!!
May be you do not know about Islamic law and what rights it gives to women!!!
And seeing that you have Zionist Controlled Media, I should not have felt surprise!!
"What it demands from them is to pay a small tribute ..."

Perhaps you might want to rephrase that.

Otherwise, I may come to the conclusion that your "God" wants to collect taxes like an earthly government.

In effect, you are diminishing God to just another lying, backstabbing, money grabbing, power mad politician.

Nehwon

#18528 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Main Problem in ME is that "Tiny pot of Poison" known as Zionist, Jewish state of Isreal.
Remove that and majority of problems in ME would be gone.
Why not try it, you have tried out all other options.
And here we have your true colors.

If only Israel would be destroyed, the Middle East would be peaceful! A return to Eden!

This was already done.

So why do you think that doing it again will change anything?

Let's play a game.

Israel is destroyed. Who will be your next enemy?
Sunnis?
Shias?
Buddhists?
Christians?
Kurds?
Dervish?
Zoroastrianism?
That person who replies "Hey. wait a sec. I slightly disagree with you."?

Nehwon

#18529 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prophets are not dictators....God chooses His prophets, it is not a human choice.
People submit to them in faith after seeing their moral character and sincerity and always looking to help their community.
You did not compile the complete list, did you?
Perhaps you can tell us how to recognize a true prophet of God?

Many claim to be a prophet or messiah and have been destroyed and forgotten in a generation or a decade.

So why should I believe that Mohhammed is the "last prophet" and not the anti-christ foretold in Revelations?

Please help me understand for my "everlasting soul" is at stake here.

Apparently, from wild speculation of people a thousand years ago, this is an extraordinary risk to me. I need extraordinary evidence to commit.

Nehwon

#18530 Sep 16, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?If there had been people who claimed that they were the beholders of the miracles how were they've been validated by Muslim till now?
You should have been explaining the 20 qualities of true eye-witnesses in the first place.
I'm now a bit curious.

There must be at least four witnesses that a woman is raped. After all, throughout history, this is very rarely happened...

So how many witnesses does Islam require for miracles?

Would rumor like this be enough?

'"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

But Mohammed sucked the illness out of him via his genitals and everyone lived happily ever after.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 52 min JustASkeptic 12,713
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Knowledge- 247,453
Hitler was Catholic 1 hr Pagatheist 2
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 9 hr woodtick57 47,808
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 11 hr Eagle 12 22
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 11 hr Eagle 12 8
Proof of God for the Atheist 14 hr Shizle 126
More from around the web