Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#18480 Sep 11, 2013
Weird claim from Lincock. All the Irish people I know are literate.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>~ click ~

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18481 Sep 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Weird claim from Lincock. All the Irish people I know are literate.
<quoted text>
Same here. And not at all, like him
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18482 Sep 11, 2013
RP wrote:
1. Male is small factor yes, but female is the factory, all creating here. How much you try to "belittle" the female factor.

Females can't impregnate themselves because that would destroy man. He has so little now.

2. If you are flesh and blood, you are animal. It does not mean 4 legged or a wild thing, it means flesh, meat blood.

2AYour prophet raped babies and you loons were so beguiled by the new holes to poke,.

5. We people do not consider camels holy, we people do not have holy books with rules for sex with livestock.!

6. Not most natural, but completely natural. People are born homosexual,..

BTW, as long as you use personal attacks against me, you have nothing
Ans.

1. The "factory" cannot start working unless someone "Kick starts" it!!

Why are you trying to "belittle" male factor and saying it is "immaterial" whether the baby is male or female.

And what you say about "factory" is Infact correct, NATURE wants female to be a "factory" and male to "Kick start" it every now and then!!

Please do not say , I am a Male chauvinist Pig, all your arguments are working against you!!

2. I said that I agree with you that you are animal. Why you want to prove that I AM also an animal?

Please do not say that I am a Human Chauvinist Man!!

2A. You are again back with your rants, abuses and name calling about our prophet, showing what mean and gutter personality you have.

5. And we also do not consider camels "holy", they are animals and have many uses. They carry loads and humans over long distances in desert and provide meat for eating.

6. No one is born Homosexual, it is perversion like any other sexual perversion. Why you call other pervert acts as perversion, why not start calling them "natural"?

I am not using any personal attacks under you, just some harmless rhetoric answers to your acid filled tongue.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18483 Sep 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Why are you trying to "belittle" male factor and saying it is "immaterial" whether the baby is male or female.
And what you say about "factory" is Infact correct, NATURE wants female to be a "factory" and male to "Kick start" it every now and then!!
Please do not say , I am a Male chauvinist Pig, all your arguments are working against you!!
2. I said that I agree with you that you are animal. Why you want to prove that I AM also an animal?
2A. You are again back with your rants, abuses and name calling about our prophet, showing what mean and gutter personality you have.
5. And we also do not consider camels "holy", they are animals and have many uses. They carry loads and humans over long distances in desert and provide meat for eating.
6. No one is born Homosexual, it is perversion like any other sexual perversion. Why you call other pervert acts as perversion, why not start calling them "natural"?
I am not using any personal attacks under you, just some harmless rhetoric answers to your acid filled tongue.
Can't prove your god or know when to stop lying about it.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18485 Sep 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I am not using any personal attacks under you, just some harmless rhetoric answers to your acid filled tongue.No one is born Homosexual, it is perversion like any other sexual perversion. Why you call other pervert acts as perversion, why not start calling them "natural"?
Why do you INSIST on proving you're a nutter? You MUST be if you GENUINELY believe we are somehow TAUGHT our sexual orientation. One needs to go a damn long way to find shit of the kind you pass-off as fact. Advice - put away holy books, replace them all with encyclopedia. You'll be amazed what a dim-wit you've been most of your pathetic existence, just like everyone else.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18486 Sep 12, 2013
US news: gays with guns & guts

From don't ask don't tell to just tell...
http://americanhumanist.org/news/details/2013...
Free weddings services for same-sex couples are now being offered by humanist celebrants for active duty military personnel. This national endeavor is in support of the Jan. 2014 implementation of full spousal rights for same-sex couples in the military.
Unquote
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18487 Sep 12, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-barber/at...
I don't think the connection the writer makes between wealth and the decline in religion is important beyond the fact that securiy gives people spare time and the leisure to examine exactly why they hold religious beliefs and what they are.

I think the decline of religion is a natural consequence of the growth of knowledge, increased education, the Internet (better communication of ideas)and scientific discoveries. In the 21st Century seriously believes that the a prophet was sent to Earth by a god. That alone invalidates the fundamental premise of all Abrahamic faiths and most other religions.

Religion = superstition and the truth will out. I think it's as simple as that. It takes time for the mass of 7 billion people to realise and accept this simple fact but I think we are observing this process.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18488 Sep 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Well, that drop containing millions of sperm, had one capable of action. 999,999 or so others washed away as insignificant waste products.

Because it doesn't matter whether the child is to be male or female.

Yes, a tiny contribution finished, why are you still there? Move on, you are no longer needed, the woman has a life to lead and a child to raise as human.

You are a male chauvinist pig, all of your arguments highlight it.

2. Are you not flesh and blood? Maybe you are a program designed to make a mockery of Islam? If so, good job.
If you are flesh and blood, you are animal. The other choices are mineral and vegetable. You are a male chauvinist pig, is that not enough?

2. a.. Your prophet rapes babies, he is a pervert. You fools follow right along and do what no god would ever allow, you rape the babies too. You are perverts, and you know it. There is nothing wrong with calling a pervert, a "pervert".

5. So just one of them was holy?

6. Only homosexuals are born homosexual, no one else is. That is close to 10 percent of any population. Perversion is thighing babies.

Now you are a liar too?

Remember this >> MUQ <quoted text> Boy, you are a much goner case than I thought earlier.
I do not think there would be any padded cell "safe enough" for you.!!

Since: Mar 12

Mumbai, India

#18489 Sep 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
M. Twelfth Quality : Miracles:
Some prophets might show Miracles as proofs of their bonafides:
Since prophets come to different nations and their mission is for every one, they are given some signs from God to perform, to convince these common people of their bonafides and that they are really prophets from God.
These signs are something which people of their age cannot do, they are called miracles and they are really special acts of God performed on the hands of a prophet. They are free from any trickstery, sleigh of hand, magic or trying to fool people.
These acts are real and those who see them are convinced of their truth. Because no Soothsayer, Magician, or Trickster can match the high Morality Standard which Prophets of God have.
M1. Miracles are not Essential Quality of a True Prophet:
It is in the Wisdom of God as to give which miracle to which prophet and it depends upon the situation. There were many prophets who did not show any miracle, because there was no need for it.
Presence or absences of Miracles are no litmus test to find out genuinity of a prophet.
M2: Only eyewitness’s report is justification that a Miracle took place:
Since Miracles are special acts of God and they are performed at His command by the prophet, no one can demand that they be repeated whenever they want.
And if people of another age are not able to perform these acts, they have no right to laugh at these miracles, because by definition, miracles are the acts which are beyond the reach of common people.
The only proof of a Miracle is it has been transmitted to us by Eyewitnesses. If we have reliable reports from honest eyewitnesses that a Miracle was performed by any prophet, we should accept it. Our investigations should be on the authenticity of witnesses and how the report reached to us and not on the act itself.
Really?If there had been people who claimed that they were the beholders of the miracles how were they've been validated by Muslim till now?
You should have been explaining the 20 qualities of true eye-witnesses in the first place.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18490 Sep 13, 2013
Arguably, Islam didn't exist until 690CE...
http://www.sheffieldhumanists.org.uk/
"... based on the research that has been accumulating over the years that Islam did not exist until about 690CE (six decades after Muhammad’s death), when a political decision appears to have been made to adopt a new religion."

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#18491 Sep 14, 2013
EdSed wrote:
Arguably, Islam didn't exist until 690CE...
http://www.sheffieldhumanists.org.uk/
"... based on the research that has been accumulating over the years that Islam did not exist until about 690CE (six decades after Muhammad’s death), when a political decision appears to have been made to adopt a new religion."
The earliest (documented) Christian knowledge of Muhammad stems from Byzantine sources, written shortly after Muhammad's death in 632. In the Doctrina Jacobi nuper baptizati, a dialogue between a recent Christian convert and several Jews, one participant writes that his brother "wrote to [him] saying that a deceiving prophet has appeared amidst the Saracens". Another participant in the Doctrina replies about Muhammad: "He is deceiving. For do prophets come with sword and chariot?,…[Y]ou will discover nothing true from the said prophet except human bloodshed".[4] Though Muhammad is never called by his name,[5][6] there seems to have been knowledge of his existence. It also appears that both Jews and Christians viewed him in a negative light.[7] Other contemporary sources, such as the writings of the Patriarch Sophronius, show there was no knowledge of the Saracens having their own prophet or faith, and only remark that the (Muslim) Saracen attacks must be a punishment for Christian sins.[8]
Knowledge of Muhammad was available in Christendom from after the early expansion of his religion[9][10] and, later, the translation of a polemical work by John of Damascus, who used the phrase "false prophet".[11] and, being part of the work that constitutes one of the first Christian refutations of Islam, "was nearly always used abusively".[1] Another influential source was the Epistolae Saraceni or the “Letters of a Saracen” written by an Oriental Christian and translated into Latin from Arabic.[1] From the 9th century onwards, highly negative biographies of Muhammad were written in Latin,[1] such as the one by Alvarus of Cordoba proclaiming him the Anti-Christ.[12] Christendom also gained some knowledge of Muhammad through the Mozarabs of Spain, such as the 9th century Eulogius of Cordova,[1] who was one of the Martyrs of Córdoba.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18492 Sep 14, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The earliest (documented) Christian knowledge of Muhammad stems from Byzantine sources, written shortly after Muhammad's death in 632. In the Doctrina Jacobi nuper baptizati, a dialogue between a recent Christian convert and several Jews, one participant writes that his brother "wrote to [him] saying that a deceiving prophet has appeared amidst the Saracens". Another participant in the Doctrina replies about Muhammad: "He is deceiving. For do prophets come with sword and chariot?,…[Y]ou will discover nothing true from the said prophet except human bloodshed".[4] Though Muhammad is never called by his name,[5][6] there seems to have been knowledge of his existence. It also appears that both Jews and Christians viewed him in a negative light.[7] Other contemporary sources, such as the writings of the Patriarch Sophronius, show there was no knowledge of the Saracens having their own prophet or faith, and only remark that the (Muslim) Saracen attacks must be a punishment for Christian sins.[8]
Knowledge of Muhammad was available in Christendom from after the early expansion of his religion[9][10] and, later, the translation of a polemical work by John of Damascus, who used the phrase "false prophet".[11] and, being part of the work that constitutes one of the first Christian refutations of Islam, "was nearly always used abusively".[1] Another influential source was the Epistolae Saraceni or the “Letters of a Saracen” written by an Oriental Christian and translated into Latin from Arabic.[1] From the 9th century onwards, highly negative biographies of Muhammad were written in Latin,[1] such as the one by Alvarus of Cordoba proclaiming him the Anti-Christ.[12] Christendom also gained some knowledge of Muhammad through the Mozarabs of Spain, such as the 9th century Eulogius of Cordova,[1] who was one of the Martyrs of Córdoba.
Thanks Ej.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18493 Sep 14, 2013
http://secular-europe-campaign.org/march-rall...

A march in support of 'one law for all' and equal rights for women and gays. Europe wants an end to religious privilege and wants an inclusive society re: child education and society at large.
LCNLin

United States

#18494 Sep 14, 2013
An evangelical atheist troll is one who not only believes there is no God, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them.
Not to be confused with normal atheists who lead productive lives and understand a bit of tolerance toward people who hold different opinions.

Mumbai, India

#18495 Sep 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
An evangelical atheist troll is one who not only believes there is no God, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them.
Not to be confused with normal atheists who lead productive lives and understand a bit of tolerance toward people who hold different opinions.
Belief in religion has done more harm than atheism would ever do.You are certainly right though.Most of the atheists deny God due to absence of evidences and not that they know God doesn't exist.But tell me one thing,if religious people had so much to say for eons and preached their shits,is it not fair enough if some atheist had a word to say about their denial of God?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18496 Sep 14, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?If there had been people who claimed that they were the beholders of the miracles how were they've been validated by Muslim till now?
You should have been explaining the 20 qualities of true eye-witnesses in the first place.
remember, you already handed the baton to someone else...

So wait, till the discussion is over. You lost all interest in the topic, how come you got interested all of a sudden?

Mumbai, India

#18497 Sep 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
remember, you already handed the baton to someone else...
So wait, till the discussion is over. You lost all interest in the topic, how come you got interested all of a sudden?
Your stupid posts are worth responding MUQ! How can I lose interest when they are so tempting!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18498 Sep 14, 2013
Jack wrote:
Why do you INSIST on proving you're a nutter? You MUST be if you GENUINELY believe we are somehow TAUGHT our sexual orientation. One needs to go a damn long way to find shit of the kind you pass-off as fact. Advice - put away holy books, replace them all with encyclopedia. You'll be amazed what a dim-wit you've been most of your pathetic existence, just like everyone else.
Ans.

Thanks for your advice, I wish you will replace all your dirty pictures and albums with 'cyclopedias…

Might cure yourself of the disease.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18499 Sep 14, 2013
fadu singh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupid posts are worth responding MUQ! How can I lose interest when they are so tempting!
Then why you handed over that baton to some one else, saying you have lost all interest in that exciting topic?

How come your interest was re-kindled?

Please tell me what are the properties of a True Prophet of God that I have listed so far?

PS:

It would not be difficult for you to review past pages...

Even if you are able to post even five of those, I will think your interest is genuine.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18500 Sep 14, 2013
RP wrote:
1. Well, that drop containing millions of sperm, had one capable of action. 999,999 or so others washed away as insignificant waste products.

Because it doesn't matter whether the child is to be male or female.

Yes, a tiny contribution finished, why are you still there? Move on, you are no longer needed, the woman has a life to lead and a child to raise as human.

You are a male chauvinist pig, all of your arguments highlight it.

2. Are you not flesh and blood? Maybe you are a program designed to make a mockery of Islam? If so, good job.
If you are flesh and blood, you are animal. The other choices are mineral and vegetable. You are a male chauvinist pig, is that not enough?

2. a.. Your prophet rapes babies, he is a pervert. You fools follow right along and do what no god would ever allow, you rape the babies too. You are perverts, and you know it. There is nothing wrong with calling a pervert, a "pervert".

5. So just one of them was holy?

6. Only homosexuals are born homosexual, no one else is. That is close to 10 percent of any population. Perversion is thighing babies.

Now you are a liar too?

Remember this >> MUQ <quoted text> Boy, you are a much goner case than I thought earlier.
I do not think there would be any padded cell "safe enough" for you.!!
Ans.

1. I told you lady, how much you try to "be little" that male contribution…. You and your "factory" is just a waste and wither away without that slightest contribution.

And is that all? The male provides for the physical needs of baby and his mother, he takes part in introducing valor and values into the child.

2. If you want to consider yourself an animal, you have right to do it, I do not mind. Our Creator made us above those Animals and you want to drag you down to that level.

May be some day, dogs will eat your meat and not you their'!!

3A. Our prophet never raped any one. He had sexual relations with females after proper marriage with the. You have no knowledge of his life.

6. If Homos are born, what about other sexual perverts? Why are they not born as "natural".

Why not murderers and robbers and serial killers, who makes them as such?

7. So we both are in a race for that "padded cell"? Let us see who reaches their first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 6 min Eagle 12 - 12
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min Eagle 12 - 94,382
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 5,999
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 5 hr blacklagoon 3 146
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... Thu nanoanomaly 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20