Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#18456 Sep 9, 2013
Sources?
THE DICTATOR OF REPUBLIC wrote:
<quoted text>
50 years ago almsost the World believed that there was only one Galaxy at the Universe-our Galaxy.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18457 Sep 9, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a little sympathy with this, because Israel is clearly a thorn in the side of the ME. But you cannot blame all of your problems on Israel. Muslims cannot seem to stop fighting amongst themselves. The conflict in Syria is evidence of this. Other ME countries should be trying to keep the peace, but instead fund whichever side they are on. Same goes for other ME conflicts.
Isreal might not be problem for ALL of our ills, but MOST problems relating to ME violence and rift between Western world and USA and Muslims world is due to that little "Pot of Poison".

They have tried so many ways to end violence in ME, why not try one more to remove that Zionist state from there and see , how it works.

Is it not worth a try, seeing how much west has already lost in supporting it?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18458 Sep 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Sounds like you can't handle your beer.
<quoted text>
Sounds like Divine Alien and Jumper have mated and reproduced.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18459 Sep 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. No my dear sister, before mother and baby come, there is a male factor, the Father.
Whatever love and affection is between Mother and her child, you cannot ignore the importance of father.
That is why in Islam a "couple is the basic unit of civilization" not a single man or a single woman.
02. Humans are not animals, they have intelligence and power of analysis, which no other animals has, do not degrade yourself.
03. Our prophet never raped any one, you do not even know what is rape.
NONE of his marriages (even with slave girls) were forced and he always used the best norms and ways to deal with his wives.
I do not know from where you picked up that dirty, gutter language. It is not becoming of a mother of descent upbringing.
04. Yes marriage between humans and animals would be a "new frontier" which human's have to break before they become a "perfect animal.
Why you worry about consent, they will INVENT some way to get it!!
Do not worry my sister, once you start sliding, there is no depth you cannot slide to.
Just watch, just watch, a few decades ago HOMO was a a four lettered word!!
1. The male factor is sand in the desert, millions of sperm, the female factor, a diamond in the oasis a single egg,. The man invests a drop, a dribble, and is finished. No more is needed from him.
A woman invests her blood, her life, her body, her time. A million sperm discarded, swept away, and a single egg is fertile, and now the work to create life begins, in her.

2. You are animal, vegetable or mineral. Human is animal.

3. Your prophet was a pedophile rapist. Any language I use is the result of my hatred for the usury of children, that your religion fosters.

5. Consent does not come from livestock, but I am sure that you lot will be marrying holy camels, as soon as you can find a way.
Well, you are already monsters who would thigh babies, you are mysognistc pricks, you are pedophiles, you are sliding.

As a Latin prefix "homo" means man.
: any of a genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans (H. sapiens) and several extinct related species (as H. erectus and H. habilis)
You are a homo.

As a prefix, from the Greek "homo" means consistent alike, similar, all the same

The word "homosexual" has ten letters, and wife, love, duty, safe, dear, and baby are four letter words,

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18460 Sep 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Must you always ramble off topic?
~click~

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18461 Sep 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
additional meandering generalizations with no proof what-so-ever.
You make atheism seem a joke with your poor posts?
~click~
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18462 Sep 10, 2013
They threw away the child and gave the afterbirth a posting name.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like Divine Alien and Jumper have mated and reproduced.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18463 Sep 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Isreal might not be problem for ALL of our ills, but MOST problems relating to ME violence and rift between Western world and USA and Muslims world is due to that little "Pot of Poison".
They have tried so many ways to end violence in ME, why not try one more to remove that Zionist state from there and see , how it works.
Is it not worth a try, seeing how much west has already lost in supporting it?
I almost agree with you for once.

It is not the 'removal' of Israel that is required, but Zionism could end. There's no point in replacing one religious tribe with another. It is the Zionist & Islamist nonsense that needs to end. Without religion there would be no need for a separate Israel and Palestine. Everyone could cooperate equally based simply on being reasonable. Religion and reason don't mix.

I think it was Spud who made the comment (in substance) that people in the Middle East have to learn and understand compromise. I have heard it said that the word 'compromise' as used in the West cannot be translated exactly into the main Iraqi language(s) as all the words usually used have negative connotations (of 'defeat', regret, or 'retreat'?). From an English-speaking viewpoint, they don't have an exact word for compromise and the very concept lacks the respect it is due as something truly meritable.

Religion is nothing but trouble in the Middle East or anywhere else.

Religion = superstition
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#18464 Sep 10, 2013
RP wrote:
1. The male factor is sand in the desert, millions of sperm, the female factor, a diamond in the oasis a single egg,. The man invests a drop, a dribble, and is finished. No more is needed from him.
A woman invests her blood, her life, her body, her time. A million sperm discarded, swept away, and a single egg is fertile, and now the work to create life begins, in her.

2. You are animal, vegetable or mineral. Human is animal.

3. Your prophet was a pedophile rapist. Any language I use is the result of my hatred for the usury of children, that your religion fosters.

5. Consent does not come from livestock, but I am sure that you lot will be marrying holy camels, as soon as you can find a way.
Well, you are already monsters who would thigh babies, you are mysognistc pricks, you are pedophiles, you are sliding.

As a Latin prefix "homo" means man.
: any of a genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans (H. sapiens) and several extinct related species (as H. erectus and H. habilis)
You are a homo.

As a prefix, from the Greek "homo" means consistent alike, similar, all the same

The word "homosexual" has ten letters, and wife, love, duty, safe, dear, and baby are four letter words,
Ans.

01. How much you try to "belittle" the Male Factor, but without it, there is no mother and there is no child!! And it is "Male contribution" that decide sex of the child!!

Why can't women "self impregnate" themselves?

2. I can say that you are behaving like an animal and after seeing your remarks about our prophet, a mean, low level crawling animal or of even lower category animal.

5. You people would "develop" a mean to get "consent" from animals, the same way, you broke each and every rule of nature and common sense and "Voted" a "Homo Couple is equal to a Normal Couple".

6. Are you trying to "Prove" that Homosexuality is the "Most Natural state" for humans?

Other states are simply FOUR LETTERED words?

Boy, you are a much goner case than I thought earlier.

I do not think there would be any padded cell "safe enough" for you.!!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18467 Sep 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
..I do not think there would be any padded cell "safe enough" for you.!!
And you believe a 7th century preacher who was married to a 6 year old was the most perfect person who ever lived. You believe the voices in his head were the word of Allah. And to prove his prophet hood he split the moon in two and flew to heaven on a winged horse. That makes >you< the one who is bat shit crazy here.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18468 Sep 10, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>..
It is not the 'removal' of Israel that is required, but Zionism could end. There's no point in replacing one religious tribe with another. It is the Zionist & Islamist nonsense that needs to end. Without religion there would be no need for a separate Israel and Palestine. Everyone could cooperate equally based simply on being reasonable.
Nicely put.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18469 Sep 10, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like Divine Alien and Jumper have mated and reproduced.
<laughing my azz off here>
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18470 Sep 10, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe a 7th century preacher who was married to a 6 year old was the most perfect person who ever lived. You believe the voices in his head were the word of Allah. And to prove his prophet hood he split the moon in two and flew to heaven on a winged horse. That makes >you< the one who is bat shit crazy here.
You should once again review the list of qualities of prophet and should not open your mouth till it is over.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18471 Sep 10, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

M. Twelfth Quality : Miracles:

Some prophets might show Miracles as proofs of their bonafides:

Since prophets come to different nations and their mission is for every one, they are given some signs from God to perform, to convince these common people of their bonafides and that they are really prophets from God.

These signs are something which people of their age cannot do, they are called miracles and they are really special acts of God performed on the hands of a prophet. They are free from any trickstery, sleigh of hand, magic or trying to fool people.

These acts are real and those who see them are convinced of their truth. Because no Soothsayer, Magician, or Trickster can match the high Morality Standard which Prophets of God have.

M1. Miracles are not Essential Quality of a True Prophet:

It is in the Wisdom of God as to give which miracle to which prophet and it depends upon the situation. There were many prophets who did not show any miracle, because there was no need for it.

Presence or absences of Miracles are no litmus test to find out genuinity of a prophet.

M2: Only eyewitnessÂ’s report is justification that a Miracle took place:

Since Miracles are special acts of God and they are performed at His command by the prophet, no one can demand that they be repeated whenever they want.

And if people of another age are not able to perform these acts, they have no right to laugh at these miracles, because by definition, miracles are the acts which are beyond the reach of common people.

The only proof of a Miracle is it has been transmitted to us by Eyewitnesses. If we have reliable reports from honest eyewitnesses that a Miracle was performed by any prophet, we should accept it. Our investigations should be on the authenticity of witnesses and how the report reached to us and not on the act itself.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18473 Sep 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
.... I can say that you are behaving like an animal and after seeing your remarks about our prophet, a mean, low level crawling animal or of even lower category animal....
Muq talks about others behaving like animals when he is Islamist and a defender of child marriage.

I have tried to post links to M'hamed cartoons and to a site that reports that one of the perpetrators of the violence against the cartoons is no longer an Imam and has left the Islamic society of which he was part. These are perfectly respectable sites and I don't know why my posts seem to be auto-deleted.(One assumption might be that Topix is afraid of Islamists or thinks that Mohammed should be given special respect).

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18474 Sep 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. How much you try to "belittle" the Male Factor, but without it, there is no mother and there is no child!! And it is "Male contribution" that decide sex of the child!!
Why can't women "self impregnate" themselves?
2. I can say that you are behaving like an animal and after seeing your remarks about our prophet, a mean, low level crawling animal or of even lower category animal.
5. You people would "develop" a mean to get "consent" from animals, the same way, you broke each and every rule of nature and common sense and "Voted" a "Homo Couple is equal to a Normal Couple".
6. Are you trying to "Prove" that Homosexuality is the "Most Natural state" for humans?
Other states are simply FOUR LETTERED words?
Boy, you are a much goner case than I thought earlier.
I do not think there would be any padded cell "safe enough" for you.!!
1. Male is small factor yes, but female is the factory, all creating here. How much you try to "belittle" the female factor. Yes, we agree, it is nothing but a droplet, now he is finished, the work, the creation begins. Sex of the foetus, male female ovaries/testes, penis/clitoris no difference until well into development. But whether one or the other,(girl or boy) is insignificant.

Females can't impregnate themselves because that would destroy man. He has so little now.

2. If you are flesh and blood, you are animal. It does not mean 4 legged or a wild thing, it means flesh, meat blood. Your prophet raped babies and you loons were so beguiled by the new holes to poke, that you suspended your humanity for sexual usury. It would have been better for you to rape your prophet, than your children.

5. We people do not consider camels holy, we people do not have holy books with rules for sex with livestock. A couple means two, get over it. You do not get to direct others lives, they are adults and will make their own choices. ADULTS!

6. Not most natural, but completely natural. People are born homosexual, and parents can see this when the child is very young. Do you think it is because the child was thighed? If not then you must believe that Allah creates homosexuality, would you second guess him.

BTW, as long as you use personal attacks against me, you have nothing

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18475 Sep 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
They threw away the child and gave the afterbirth a posting name.
<quoted text>
Oh no!@

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18476 Sep 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
<laughing my azz off here>
;)
LCNLin

Brooksville, FL

#18478 Sep 11, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>1. The male factor is sand in the desert, millions of sperm, the female factor, a diamond in the oasis a single egg,. The man invests a drop, a dribble, and is finished. No more is needed from him.
A woman invests her blood, her life, her body, her time. A million sperm discarded, swept away, and a single egg is fertile, and now the work to create life begins, in her.
2. You are animal, vegetable or mineral. Human is animal.
3. Your prophet was a pedophile rapist. Any language I use is the result of my hatred for the usury of children, that your religion fosters.
5. Consent does not come from livestock, but I am sure that you lot will be marrying holy camels, as soon as you can find a way.
Well, you are already monsters who would thigh babies, you are mysognistc pricks, you are pedophiles, you are sliding.
As a Latin prefix "homo" means man.
: any of a genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans (H. sapiens) and several extinct related species (as H. erectus and H. habilis)
You are a homo.
As a prefix, from the Greek "homo" means consistent alike, similar, all the same
The word "homosexual" has ten letters, and wife, love, duty, safe, dear, and baby are four letter words,
amusing malarky, as we Irish note !

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18479 Sep 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
amusing malarky, as we Irish note !
~ click ~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min replaytime 20,249
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 18 min Eagle 12 21,395
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 23 min Richardfs 307
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 36 min emperorjohn 429
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 41 min Eagle 12 10,338
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min New Age Spiritual... 257,130
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Rose_NoHo 45,539
More from around the web