Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

LCNLin

United States

#18432 Sep 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is a joke, you don't even have to try...
Just
Prove
It
:-)
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18433 Sep 8, 2013
Albeit one poorly told.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is a joke, you don't even have to try...
spider

Cottenham, UK

#18434 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just
Prove
It
:-)
Tell me this,,if there is a god, and that god sent a messanger to reveal his or her existence,, then why the need for so many variations in faith and worship leading to dissagrements and wars.

Looks like your god screwed things up real good.
LCNLin

United States

#18435 Sep 8, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me this,,if there is a god, and that god sent a messanger to reveal his or her existence,, then why the need for so many variations in faith and worship leading to dissagrements and wars.
Looks like your god screwed things up real good.
God does not answer questions for the atheist religion!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#18436 Sep 8, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS FOR GOD TO RATE HIS PROPHETS AND MESSENGERS AND NOT FOR US. AND IT IS FOR HIM TO DECIDE WHICH MISSION SHOULD BE ENTRUSTED TO WHOM.
Very convienient for the dictators,,, sorry, typo,, very convinient for the prophets don't you think ?????
Prophets are not dictators....God chooses His prophets, it is not a human choice.

People submit to them in faith after seeing their moral character and sincerity and always looking to help their community.

You did not compile the complete list, did you?
spider

Huntingdon, UK

#18437 Sep 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Man has asked questions since he began to walk this earth,, to date those questions have only ever been answered by other men,, I find that a little to convinient where religion is concerned.
Your god screwed up. Some priests refer to their congregations as, MY FLOCK, how appropriate.
There is no such thing as the atheist religion,, where did you get that notion ????
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18438 Sep 9, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
..Some priests refer to their congregations as, MY FLOCK, how appropriate.
Indeed. It was Jewsus himself who referred to his cult followers as sheep, telling Peter three times to feed his sheep after he was gone. What is a sheep? A dumb animal that blindly followers its master.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18439 Sep 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Main Problem in ME is that "Tiny pot of Poison" known as Zionist, Jewish state of Isreal. Remove that and majority of problems in ME would be gone. Why not try it, you have tried out all other options.
I do have a little sympathy with this, because Israel is clearly a thorn in the side of the ME. But you cannot blame all of your problems on Israel. Muslims cannot seem to stop fighting amongst themselves. The conflict in Syria is evidence of this. Other ME countries should be trying to keep the peace, but instead fund whichever side they are on. Same goes for other ME conflicts.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18440 Sep 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypothetical God does not answer any questions for anyone but remains completely silent. The silence and inactivity of the God hypothesis strongly indicates that no super-being exists.
spider

Huntingdon, UK

#18441 Sep 9, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypothetical God does not answer any questions for anyone but remains completely silent. The silence and inactivity of the God hypothesis strongly indicates that no super-being exists.
Precisely.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18442 Sep 9, 2013
Scottish news re:a local school....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-ne...
spider

Littleport, UK

#18443 Sep 9, 2013
EdSed wrote:
Crazy,,, what on earth was the head mistress thinking, she doesent sound to competent.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18445 Sep 9, 2013
Sounds like their fraudulent god shed need a rainbow paintjob.
EdSed wrote:
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18446 Sep 9, 2013
needs ^

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18447 Sep 9, 2013
EdSed wrote:
Someone should be arrested and jailed for child abuse--especially considering the sneaky, under-handed methods they used to infiltrate the school.

Classic godbottery, though.
LCNLin

Brooksville, FL

#18448 Sep 9, 2013
WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court has set Nov. 6 for oral arguments for the closely watched legislative prayer case involving the town of Greece.

Numerous groups, including members of Congress, have filed friend of the court briefs in the legal challenge to the longstanding practice by Congress and other government bodies to invite members of the clergy to lead a prayer during public meetings.

The case hinges on the practical application of the Religious Establishment Clause of the First Amendment which says,“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.’’

Two local residents, Susan Galloway and Linda Stephens, charged that the Greece Town Board violated the Establishment Clause by mostly using Christian clergy to lead prayers at the start of its meetings.

The Second Circuit Court of Appeals sided with Galloway and Stephens in a ruling last year.

But other circuit courts have upheld the right of government bodies to invite clergy to lead prayers, which led the high court to take on the case.

A Supreme Court ruling is expected by the end of June 2014.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18449 Sep 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO told YOU that?
spider

Ely, UK

#18451 Sep 9, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHO told YOU that?
Hey Jack,,, not trying to teach you to suck eggs,,, but don't hold your breath where evidence is concerned.
spider

Ely, UK

#18454 Sep 9, 2013
THE DICTATOR OF REPUBLIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Look spiderman.....what questions have been answered??lol
NOTHING has been answered-NOT a thing.
You got that Briton where the beer is your God???
50 years ago almsost the World believed that there was only one Galaxy at the Universe-our Galaxy.
Hubble changed that after a single observation.
Today they believe that Universe is much much bigger than the 15 billion light years diameter than we think.
Nothing has been answered yet-do you undererstand it boy????
At other countries you would be sentenced to prison for such an insult.
YOu got it boy???????!!!
My point precisely,, well done sunshine.

I would however never be sentenced in a country where men and WOMEN are entitled to freedom off thought and speech,,, Spider knows best.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18455 Sep 9, 2013
Sounds like you can't handle your beer.
THE DICTATOR OF REPUBLIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are a British thug-all of you disbelievers you are Briton thugs.
You believe at nothing.
You shameful drunkens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 35 min blacklagoon 3 94
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 3 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,061
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr MIDutch 93,434
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11