Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
17,401 - 17,420 of 21,397 Comments Last updated 43 min ago
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

The UK now has its first trangender muslim?!?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24111...

Very confusing!
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

spudgun wrote:
The UK now has its first trangender muslim?!?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24111...
Very confusing!
Lol! Poor guy/gal. I would have thought that being transgender was difficult enough without being Islamic too. Perhaps she's lonely but some people seem to look for problems in life.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/511...
On the other hand, she's already been widely reported in the media and there can be money (even a living) for people who simply gain a high enough pulbic profile.

Maybe a wish for notoriety partly motivates her.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

NWO wrote:
<quoted text>...2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.....
Abrahamic religion in a nutshell. Most Christian sects are quite authoritarian too, e.g. the RC Church.

Religion = superstition

A god sent a prophet to Earth, Lol!(What was that about no questions or critical enquiry?!:)

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
False gods are dieing, because they cannot cope up with the advancement of human knowledge.
But the face of True God of Universe, who created every thing is emerging clear and bold with each passing day.
The superstitions and belief in ways of past generations and customs are going down.... but deep down their is a craving to know the truth. How to feed our souls.
Despite so much food for bodies, our souls are hungry.
They keep feeding it with "junk food" like Music concerts, Drinks, Sexual liberation and every thing..... but they only increase the hunger of soul and not satisfy it.
Why?
Because our Lord and Creator has declared "It is the remembrance of God, in which the Soul gets peace".
Our age is the return of religion, not the false religions, but True religion, the same which was preached by each and every prophet of God in all ages to all nations.
Yeah. Like we've never heard that idea before ever. In all of written history. Or oral history.

But this time, it's completely different. Because you believe it so much.

I doubt you have ever even considered how "true" your religion is considering it needs the power of the state to force, violently if need be, the citizens to openly proclaim their worship.

And considering your self declared location, are you even free to admit such a thought publicly?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
How Western World treats their women:
There is a common misunderstanding that women are most exploited in Muslim countries.
They are forced to keep their bodies covered and are only used as sex toys.
They are on absolute mercy of their husbands, or other male guardians, they have no rights whatsoever etc etc.
While on the other hand, women in western countries are free and have equal rights to those enjoyed by men, they are free to do any profession and have reached to parity with males.
They have become "equal" to men in almost every respect and are treated same as men.
There is hardly any profession, in which you cannot find men and women in almost equal profession.
Well, let me tell you, all of these are myths. Women in west are in no where equal to men and nor they are present in every profession.
I would present here the "most glamorous and most preferred jobs for women in Western countries". Places where you see more women than men. Please verify, if these posts are held by them on their age and beauty or their skills:
A. Receptionists and Personal Secretaries:
This is job which is "reserved" for women so to say.
Have you seen any "respectable" company that employs males in these positions?
And what sort of women are employed for these jobs? Those who are very intelligent or very efficient or toppers in their classes?
No my dear, those who are good looking and smart and "game" for those who come along.
And what happens to secretaries that become aged?
And they will say that "sexual bias and beauty is not the main reason for this post given to women"
B. Air Hostess:
I do not know, who was the person who thought of this idea.
Only unmarried and attractive looking girls are selected for this job. What is their work? To entertain passengers during their flying time.
Could any thing be more demeaning to women , that every one looks for their beauty and cools their eyes on their looks.
And they are "game" for pilots and other higher ranking staff in airlines.
And what happens to airhostess that get married or become old? They are either fired or sent to back office.
Is this not exploitation of women' body and looks?
C. Modelling:
This is another high paying and best job for women in Western countries.
You cannot sell anything in West, unless you put the body of a naked or semi naked women on its cover.
In this industry, women sell their bodies and have to "bear" so many comments on their beauty and how beautiful they look.
D. Office Staff:
We see increasing numbers of women in offices and staff. They might have been selected because of their merit and skills, but in their working life, they have to bear comments on their beauty and sex appeal.
A women is mostly complimented on how "beautiful she looks and what great body she has".
She dresses and applies makeup to satisfy grazes and hungry eyes of her colleagues and her bosses.
A man may get away by dressing shabbily but never a women.
She must always be on the look out as to how to improve her figure, how to hide her true age…etc.
Guess you don't even understand what is wrong with your post. Thank Allah you weren't born a woman, eh?

If life is so wonderful for muslim women, how is it the muslim woman has such a difficult time to initiate and be granted a divorce?

I'm guessing you'll have much to say about this:
http://saudiwoman.me/2009/04/07/divorce-in-sa...

Much to say as in trying to hide behind verses in the Qu'ran as to why it's good to be a man.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Ed Sed wrote:
Abrahamic religion in a nutshell. Most Christian sects are quite authoritarian too, e.g. the RC Church.

Religion = superstition

A god sent a prophet to Earth, Lol!(What was that about no questions or critical enquiry?!:)
Ans.

I gave you qualities by which you can distinguish a true prophet of God from false prophets and pretenders.

And what is strange God sending Human Prophets as guide to Humans?

Should He have sent angels?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

GM wrote:

Yeah. Like we've never heard that idea before ever. In all of written history. Or oral history.

But this time, it's completely different. Because you believe it so much.

I doubt you have ever even considered how "true" your religion is considering it needs the power of the state to force, violently if need be, the citizens to openly proclaim their worship.

And considering your self declared location, are you even free to admit such a thought publicly?

Guess you don't even understand what is wrong with your post. Thank Allah you weren't born a woman, eh?

If life is so wonderful for muslim women, how is it the muslim woman has such a difficult time to initiate and be granted a divorce?

I'm guessing you'll have much to say about this:
http://saudiwoman.me/2009/04/07/divorce-in-sa ...

Much to say as in trying to hide behind verses in the Quran as to why it's good to be a man.
Ans.

1. Our religion does not FORCE non Muslims to accept Islam or not follow their own religion.

What it demands from them is to pay a small tribute and go ahead with their lives, with their beliefs and with their practices.

Who could be more tolerant and big hearted than that?

Muslims renegading on Islam is a different matter altogether.

2. Are you a born woman? I did not know it. I have seen so many contended Muslim women that I do not have any doubt that they know what they are doing.

It is VERY EASY for a Muslim women to get a divorce. She should go to an Islamic Court and say that she wants a divorce, no power on earth can deny that request!!

May be you do not know about Islamic law and what rights it gives to women!!!

And seeing that you have Zionist Controlled Media, I should not have felt surprise!!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Our religion does not FORCE non Muslims to accept Islam or not follow their own religion.
What it demands from them is to pay a small tribute and go ahead with their lives, with their beliefs and with their practices.
Who could be more tolerant and big hearted than that?
In recent years there has been a mass exodus of Christians from Eygpt, Syria and Iraq. If Islam was so tolerant, why is its Christian minorities having to flee for safety?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And seeing that you have Zionist Controlled Media, I should not have felt surprise!!
Yes its all the fault of the Jews! I am guessing here media is censored in Saudi Arabia. Maybe this is why you like Topix?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space
04. People are born and created at the same time. It is not in power of parents to "get their child born"…
05. Women can go out if needed, but with proper dress and veil, yes where strange and hungry eyes do not feat on her beauty, yes. And I am not a male chauvinist pig!!
Why are you pitching for a Non Natural state?
1. For men marriage may be the better choice, but for women it is an unnatural state which shortens her life span, while it lengthens his. Man/woman marriage does not solely determine the health of a community. Many married men and women are single, and many unmarried people are not single. Marriage is not what determines whether a person is single or not single.
2. Two makes a couple, a pair makes a couple, two men make a couple, two women make a couple, and a man and woman can make a couple. A man and a child do not make a couple. That would depend on the couple, and his satisfaction is not hers. If she is in your community her ability to achieve satisfaction has most likely been stolen from her.
She can get anything except respect as a whole human being, from him or for her self. A self respecting woman would be demeaned by having to make him putty in her hands. She would look down on this man whom she could manipulate. He would not be worthy.
And in some matters hers would be the upper hand, and that would be those things that she has chosen to make solely hers.
4. Of course it is coerced, and in your society more than elsewhere. Six year old brides? You can get her total co-operation with a $10. baby dolI. A strong mother figure is actually the most natural head of any family, but many misogynistic men can't see it. The natural state of family life is defined by the family itself , and not who is or isn't male. A two male household is no more unnatural than a man/woman household.
And yes two bosses can be in the same family at the same time.
And yes it is because of the penis, that you believe as you do. Allah says nothing. The Qu ran is not the word of a god, it is the words of warped, deviate, power hungry and greedy men.
Genetics and fitness training dished out strength, power comes from the desire to control aspects of other's lives.
4. People are born, and it is the woman who births the child, yes it is in her power, and it is in the fathers power to leave sperm, which in her body will become a human being. No god's needed.
5. Women can go out if she chooses, dressed as she sees fit. No one has the right to touch her. Who cares that someone may see her, it diminishes her not at all, for simply having been seen. We are tactile beings and beauty is a magnet for the opposite sex to look, but she is in charge of who may or may not touch her. NOT THE MAN! It is not his choice. And yes, you are a chauvinist pig!
6. No they do not. A woman living her life is not in danger of being raped
7. No they aren't. That is just one small aspect of our society, and it is one of the most ridiculous ways to assess a person's value.
8. I agree, that if she is married she would do well by employing her husband, who surely would understand that his wife's success would equal his families success, and would then treat his wife's company as well as if it were his own.
Successful single women running big business are really driven and accomplished people. You can see their commitment and satisfaction in their eyes and in their interactions with others.
You know nothing of women, you know nothing of human nature and you know nothing of humanity.do.
Nature never intended men and women to live separate or together, that would be an individual choice. Why are you pitching for a non-natural state?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

SG wrote:
1. n recent years there has been a mass exodus of Christians from Egypt, Syria and Iraq. If Islam was so tolerant, why is its Christian minorities having to flee for safety?

2. Yes its all the fault of the Jews! I am guessing here media is censored in Saudi Arabia. Maybe this is why you like Topix?
Ans.

1. There has been a mass exodus from almost every country of the world to West and USA. Why you only single out Egypt, Syria and Iraq?

If you allow, more than half the population of India will shift to USA, what you will say then?

2. Jews and correctly speaking Zionist Jews are to be blamed for much of the violence going in ME regions. It started when their cursed feet touched that land…and shall continue till they are there.

You are wrong, that is not the reason I joined Topix.

I joined so I can teach people about Islam and answer doubts and misgivings they have about Islam due to their media being in the hands of Zionist Jews, who block out one side of any story.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

RP wrote:
1. For men marriage may be the better choice, but for women it is an unnatural state which shortens her life span,

2. Two makes a couple, a pair makes a couple, two men make a couple, two women make a couple, and a man and woman can make a couple.

4. Of course it is coerced, and in your society more than elsewhere. Six year old brides? You can get her total co-operation with a $10. baby dolI.

4. People are born, and it is the woman who births the child, yes it is in her power, and it is in the fathers power to leave sperm, which in her body will become a human being. No god's needed.

Ans.

A. Marriage:

1. Marriage is beneficial to both men and women and in Islam it is "most recommended" that they should not be any man without wife and no women should be without a husband.

2. This is most satisfying to both of them. There is no bossism in that relationship, both have rights and duties and get physical and mental comfort in each other's society.

3. Marriage and divorce should be a family matter and there is no need of any court involvement. It was western idea to involve court into it and that has played havoc with both marriage and divorce. These "vultures" of "Divorce lawyers" have made life hell for both men and women … and people are running away marriage.

B. "Couple" and Normal Couple"

4. Husband and wife is the "Real couple" which Islam wants to see.

5. Just man and woman do not make a "Normal couple" unless they are tied in the bond of marriage.

6. Association of two men, or two men or man and women not wedded to each other are only "pseudo couples" and cannot meet physical and emotional needs of each other.

C. Marriage by Consent:

7. In Islam both husband and wife should give their consent, there is no force or cheating in marriage.

8. Even if parents use "force" to marry a girl to any one she does not like, she can always get that marriage annulled by any Islamic court.

9. You are getting "too protective and alarmed" at the idea of man being head of the family…may be you had a bad experience but every one is not like you. The laws are made in general not for specific cases.

D. Duties of Mother and Father:

10. Yes it is wife who gives birth to a baby, that is "natural way", there is no gong around that rule!

11. But it is man who is responsible to bear all monetary expenses for wife as well as child and he has to pay extra to wife if "she suckles his baby"!! Have you ever heard it?.

12. In Islam the baby belongs to father and not to mother.

E. Marital life:

13. You have posed so many questions, I would prefer if you ask them one by one.

14. You will find that Islamic rules are very helpful, beneficial to both husband and wife.

15. In fact Islam gives women much more "real rights" than what other religions or contemporary "equality minded society" can or does give you.

16. Modern society puts more burden on women than she can bare, exploits her body and weak and in the name of freedom, uses her when she is in her prime and dumps her when she become old and useless.

PS:

To me it seems that you are a woman and very apprehensive women at that.

Believe me sister, it is Islam and Islamic rules that would protect your honor, your nature and give you "true freedom"
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews and correctly speaking Zionist Jews are to be blamed for much of the violence going in ME regions. It started when their cursed feet touched that land…and shall continue till they are there.
I think the main problem in the ME is sectarianism. A house divided against itself cannot stand. The Shia/ Sunni conflict is without end. Only if Muslims stopped bickering and united in common belief would you have any regional power like the United States. This is just my personal view, but think the focus of muslims should be on uniting together and stop fighting each other, instead of trying to convert Christians or Atheists.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

.. and of course, a point made many times, no God or gods would give people contradictory revelations.
spider

Downham Market, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I gave you qualities by which you can distinguish a true prophet of God from false prophets and pretenders.
And what is strange God sending Human Prophets as guide to Humans?
Should He have sent angels?
Yes he should have sent angels,,, only the gullible accept the words of men without evidence.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
A. Marriage:
1. Marriage is beneficial to both men and women and in Islam it is "most recommended" that they should not be any man without wife and no women should be without a husband.
2. This is most satisfying to both of them. There is no bossism in that relationship, both have rights and duties and get physical and mental comfort in each other's society.
3. Marriage and divorce should be a family matter and there is no need of any court involvement. It was western idea to involve court into it and that has played havoc with both marriage and divorce. These "vultures" of "Divorce lawyers" have made life hell for both men and women … and people are running away marriage.
5. Just man and woman do not make a "Normal couple" unless they are tied in the bond of marriage.
6. Association of two men, or two men or man and women not wedded to each other are only "pseudo couples" and cannot meet physical and emotional needs of each other.
C. Marriage by Consent:
7. In Islam both husband and wife should give their consent, there is no force or cheating in marriage.
8. Even if parents use "force" to marry a girl to any one she does not like, she can always get that marriage annulled by any Islamic court.
9. You are getting "too protective and alarmed" at the idea of man being head of the family…may be you had a bad experience but every one is not like you. The laws are made in general not for specific cases.
10. Yes it is wife who gives birth to a baby, that is "natural way", there is no gong around that rule!
11. But it is man who is responsible to bear all monetary expenses for wife as well as child and he has to pay extra to wife if "she suckles his baby"!! Have you ever heard it?.
E. Marital life:
13. You have posed so many questions, I would prefer if you ask them one by one.
14. You will find that Islamic rules are very helpful, beneficial to both husband and wife.
15. In fact Islam gives women much more "real rights" than what other religions or contemporary "equality minded society" can or does give you.
16. Modern society puts more burden on women than she can bare, exploits her body and weak and in the name of freedom, uses her when she is in her prime and dumps her when she become old and useless.
PS:
Believe me sister, it is Islam and Islamic rules that would protect your honor, your nature and give you "true freedom"
response below

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

What Islam recommends is not beneficial for women.
1. Wrong most marriages are not beneficial to women.
2. Wrong they both are boss, at times, but if she doesn't have the choices that he does, call her slave, not wife.
3. Wrong, the means to beginning or ending of a marriage is not for you nor Islam to decide.
4. Wrong, it is meaningless what Islam wants.
5. Wrong
6. Wrong, adults only, not children.
7. Wrong there is both force and cheating
8. Not always, and not without retribution
9. Wrong, who is head of the family will be the one leading the family, and that doesn't have to be a man
10. Right, just her, not a god.
11. No, I've not heard that, but it sounds as demented as all the rest of Islam's crazed practices.
12. Is Islamic man willing to push baby from his body after nine months of sheltering and feeding it? Women will be happy to leave that one drop of fluid, and let him do the rest.
13. These aren't questions.
14. I find that, that is not true.
15. Really, my children are mine, as is my home, my pets, my livestock, my business, my bank account and my land. And none of my children have ever been thighed. I've got proof of that, I have no prison record, and I would have had, had any man thighed one of my babies.
16. Is that what you say to Islamic women, who are seeing western women's lives, to scare them back into compliance?

I know exactly what I would have lived as a female in Islam. As an infant and child, I would have been thighed by every man in both my parents families, and at age 6 or so, my clitoris and labia would have been hacked from my body, and then if any one of you sick bastards had so much as glimpsed any square inch of my skin, I would have been gang raped and stoned to death. How is that true freedom?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
A. Marriage:
C. Marriage by Consent:
E. Marital life:
PS:
response next post
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the main problem in the ME is sectarianism. A house divided against itself cannot stand. The Shia/ Sunni conflict is without end. Only if Muslims stopped bickering and united in common belief would you have any regional power like the United States. This is just my personal view, but think the focus of muslims should be on uniting together and stop fighting each other, instead of trying to convert Christians or Atheists.
The Main Problem in ME is that "Tiny pot of Poison" known as Zionist, Jewish state of Isreal.

Remove that and majority of problems in ME would be gone.

Why not try it, you have tried out all other options.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he should have sent angels,,, only the gullible accept the words of men without evidence.
How would you KNOW they are angels?

Angels are not made of physical body that human eyes can see them?

When you cannot "See and find out True prophets of God" after all the tests I have given, how come you will recognize angels of God?

And then they should be present "all the time" and "move between humans" so every one can see them and consult them.

Then why only Angels, why should not the Creator Himself?

How dumb you people are?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••