Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,228

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
LCNLin

United States

#18356 Sep 1, 2013
Name calling and unsupported claims

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18358 Sep 1, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Name calling and unsupported claims
Coming form the cult that callas atheists fools and support slavery.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18359 Sep 2, 2013
RP wrote:
01. No, no, no, I said "woman", I did not say wife...

02. Does the husband not trust this accomplished woman to make decisions for both of them?..

03. No family is made stronger by the coerced limitation of it's female members. If the husband is threatened by her strengths, he is the problem, not her.

* His penis is the only reason that he is capable of existing as a fully functional human being, correct?

2.

04. People are born, not created. Frankenstein's creature was created.

3.

05. Natural position? Where men can't see her? You are a male chauvinist pig!

06. A woman with self respect will spit in the face of any idiot who sees her as being only "tits and ass"...

07. We do not have to act on this assessment, and as thinking humans we can see more than that in another person.

08. We are a culture where most women are no longer limited by their sexuality...

09. In the real world women found and run their own companies, educate themselves and their children,..
Ans.

01. "natural state" of a women is as a wife, she remains single so long as she is not married.

Any society where majority of women do not marry is a sick society.

02. Husband and wife make a "couple" . A happy and healthy couple is most satisfying thing one can find on this earth.

A wise women using her charm properly can make her husband, "putty in her hand" and can get any thing she wants.

There is no confrontation in that, the decisions can be mutual. But in some matters, if things come to that, husband has an upper hand.

A single life (by both men and women) is an hellish state and crates void in the society.

04. I did not say "coerced submission" by females. Things can be decided mutually, but Husband is Head of Family and not Wife.

This is natural state of family life, you cannot have two bosses in the family at the same time.

And it is not because of 'Penis" at all.

Allah says in Quran "Men are protectors of women, because Allah has given them more power than women and because they spent on them".

There is absolute truth in this Quranic statement and it has worked for many, many centuries.

04. People are born and created at the same time. It is not in power of parents to "get their child born"

05. Women can go out if needed, but with proper dress and veil, yes where strange and hungry eyes do not feat on her beauty, yes. And I am not a male chauvinist pig!!

06. In that case, western women would keep on spitting continuously till they are red in their faces!!

07. Whatever you say, in western society women are still a sex symbol and their beauty is the "best asset" for them.

08. Who says women cannot work and cannot run businenss and factories, but they should do that standing "side by side" with their husbands.

Successful Spinsters running big business are really a sad people. You can see their sadness in their eyes and in their manners.

A happy women at all times is one who is happily married and has children and her husband and her children are part of her life and partners in every thing they do.

Nature never intended men and women to live separate. It wanted them to live as a "Couple" and be happy and contended with each other.

Why are you pitching for a Non Natural state?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18360 Sep 2, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
I think atheism will replace religion, but i'd say not in the next 200 years so its pretty futile, I wish i had Jean-Paul sartre's attitude to religion, a man so thoroughly atheist he deemed the whole subject beneath his intelligence to consider. Simply religion is divisive and restricts us as a species, simple as that. Check out a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the Uk called 2082 the chronicles of hope. On the website the 1st chapter for the 1st book is on there for free, there's a speech in there by an atheist
In next 200 years, most probably Atheism will meet the same fate as Communism, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism and so many isms have met in past.

People would be ashamed to call themselves atheist and consider that word as an insult the same way you feel if some one calls you a Nazi or a Communist.

And to be honest, many of the false religions and superstitions shall be gone and false concept of God that many religions have.

With the advancement of science, the True face of Creator shall emerge and only religions that can cope up with findings of Science shall be able to withstand its on their legs.

Islam therefore has a very bright chance to overcome this tide of atheism and grow stronger and stronger.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18361 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In next 200 years, most probably Atheism will meet the same fate as Communism, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism and so many isms have met in past.
Maybe thats true in Saudi Arabia, but not true in the West. Atheism is growing and looks likely to continue to grow.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18362 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe thats true in Saudi Arabia, but not true in the West. Atheism is growing and looks likely to continue to grow.
The **only** thing keeping Saudi from vanishing into the sand? Oil.

One day, that oil will run out.

... and back to the sand it'll go.

As always, follow the money.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18363 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In next 200 years, most probably Atheism will meet the same fate as Communism, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism and so many isms have met in past.....
In next 100 years, most probably Islam will meet the same fate as Communism, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism and so many isms have met in past.

People should be embarrassed if not ashamed to belong to an Abrahamic religion in the 21st Century.

Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18364 Sep 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The **only** thing keeping Saudi from vanishing into the sand? Oil...
Every summer, during Ramadan, we get an influx of wealthy tourists from Saudi in London. They shop in Harrods, Jewellers and design clothes shops. A lot of posing and driving round in Lamborghinis. Then on the flight back, the women change from jeans back to islamic dress. I guess the majority of them want to live like us, but have to go through a charade to appear respectable in a conservative society.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18365 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess as a Sunni you are siding with the rebels in the Syrian conflict? How does it feel to have Skull and Bonesman John Kerry fighting your corner? Do you support bombing a Muslim country, when they are the wrong type of Muslims?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18366 Sep 2, 2013
http://iheu.org/story/my-rationalist-brother-...

Leading anti-superstition activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead in Pune on Tuesday morning. Dabholkar was shot dead while on a morning walk near the Omkareshwar temple.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/pune-antisuperstit...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18367 Sep 2, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>In next 100 years, most probably Islam will meet the same fate as Communism, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism and so many isms have met in past.
People should be embarrassed if not ashamed to belong to an Abrahamic religion in the 21st Century.
Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.
Islam is 1400 years old and growing....all these isms including atheism grew like wild grass a couple of decades ago and they will end in the same way.

A philosophy which even cannot be defined properly, how can it stand test of time.

Grandchildren of modern day atheists would probably feel ashamed to admit that their grandfather was an atheist, as they do for Nazism, Fascism and Communism.!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18368 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe thats true in Saudi Arabia, but not true in the West. Atheism is growing and looks likely to continue to grow.
Falsehood always grows and grows until is strikes the truth and then it is gone.

It is always darkest before the dawn breaks out.

It is only the West's reaction to the wrong attitude of Popes and Bishops and Priests that is responsible for current wave of Atheism in the west.

They do not have any positive agenda and any positive philosophy to replace religion.

This bubble of atheism and homosexuality will burst in west very soon... how long they can fool people?

Perverts taking control of Parliament and Assemblies and Law enforcing bodies and military? Whoever heard of it?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18369 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is 1400 years old and growing....all these isms including atheism grew like wild grass a couple of decades ago and they will end in the same way.
A philosophy which even cannot be defined properly, how can it stand test of time.
Grandchildren of modern day atheists would probably feel ashamed to admit that their grandfather was an atheist, as they do for Nazism, Fascism and Communism.!!
Atheism isn't a philosophy, it was believers call non-believers, that'a all.

And I wouldn't mention Nazism or Fascism if I were you. Compare them to Islamism and there are many similarities like intolerance, prejudice and authoritarianism.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18370 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Falsehood always grows and grows until is strikes the truth and then it is gone.
It is always darkest before the dawn breaks out.
It is only the West's reaction to the wrong attitude of Popes and Bishops and Priests that is responsible for current wave of Atheism in the west.
They do not have any positive agenda and any positive philosophy to replace religion.
This bubble of atheism and homosexuality will burst in west very soon... how long they can fool people?
Perverts taking control of Parliament and Assemblies and Law enforcing bodies and military? Whoever heard of it?
Even 'fellow Muslims' reject your ignorance and Islamism...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/02/...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18371 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perverts taking control of Parliament and Assemblies and Law enforcing bodies and military? Whoever heard of it?
You need to look closer to home, before judging other systems of government. The Saudis are happily funding so called rebels and Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria. Obvious to those outside of religion how sectarianism is destroying the muslim world. Without religion, there would probably be little conflict in Syria, Iraq, etc.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18372 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
... The Saudis are happily funding so called rebels and Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria....
I agree with the rest of your post, Spud, but it's probably good that someone is giving innocent people the means to defend themselves from such a barbaric and murderous (even if considered a secular) regime....
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/2158432...

It's much more complicated than your comment implies.
JMHO.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18373 Sep 2, 2013
And I don't think Saudis support Al-Q. Quite the reverse.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18374 Sep 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're telling me we should feel sympathy for the neaderthal who found a keyboard in the sand one day and decided to type what what his under developed cult brain could muster?
This is not how logic works. You need to put in the effort to prove something for which you have evidence.
Your lies are meaningless here, try and find forum with people that match your intellectual level.
Heaping a teaspoon of water, perfecting perpetual motion, anti gravity scenarios and finding anyone that comes close to possessing MUG's intellectual level are scientific IMPOSSIBILITIES on Earth!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18375 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Every summer, during Ramadan, we get an influx of wealthy tourists from Saudi in London. They shop in Harrods, Jewellers and design clothes shops. A lot of posing and driving round in Lamborghinis. Then on the flight back, the women change from jeans back to islamic dress. I guess the majority of them want to live like us, but have to go through a charade to appear respectable in a conservative society.
Indeed-- if they failed to comply with the misogyny? They'd be killed outright.

So much for the religion of "peace".
LCNLin

United States

#18376 Sep 2, 2013
EdSed wrote:
And I don't think Saudis support Al-Q. Quite the reverse.
Agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 3 min Cal 38
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 min thetruth 199
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min thetruth 233,045
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 35 min thetruth 2,598
Evidence for God! 38 min thetruth 368
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 47 min thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 52 min thetruth 162
More from around the web