Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18368 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe thats true in Saudi Arabia, but not true in the West. Atheism is growing and looks likely to continue to grow.
Falsehood always grows and grows until is strikes the truth and then it is gone.

It is always darkest before the dawn breaks out.

It is only the West's reaction to the wrong attitude of Popes and Bishops and Priests that is responsible for current wave of Atheism in the west.

They do not have any positive agenda and any positive philosophy to replace religion.

This bubble of atheism and homosexuality will burst in west very soon... how long they can fool people?

Perverts taking control of Parliament and Assemblies and Law enforcing bodies and military? Whoever heard of it?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18369 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is 1400 years old and growing....all these isms including atheism grew like wild grass a couple of decades ago and they will end in the same way.
A philosophy which even cannot be defined properly, how can it stand test of time.
Grandchildren of modern day atheists would probably feel ashamed to admit that their grandfather was an atheist, as they do for Nazism, Fascism and Communism.!!
Atheism isn't a philosophy, it was believers call non-believers, that'a all.

And I wouldn't mention Nazism or Fascism if I were you. Compare them to Islamism and there are many similarities like intolerance, prejudice and authoritarianism.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18370 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Falsehood always grows and grows until is strikes the truth and then it is gone.
It is only the West's reaction to the wrong attitude of Popes and Bishops and Priests that is responsible for current wave of Atheism in the west.
They do not have any positive agenda and any positive philosophy to replace religion.
This bubble of atheism and homosexuality will burst in west very soon... how long they can fool people?
Perverts taking control of Parliament and Assemblies and Law enforcing bodies and military? Whoever heard of it?
Even 'fellow Muslims' reject your ignorance and Islamism...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/02/...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18371 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look closer to home, before judging other systems of government. The Saudis are happily funding so called rebels and Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria. Obvious to those outside of religion how sectarianism is destroying the muslim world. Without religion, there would probably be little conflict in Syria, Iraq, etc.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18372 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
... The Saudis are happily funding so called rebels and Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria....
I agree with the rest of your post, Spud, but it's probably good that someone is giving innocent people the means to defend themselves from such a barbaric and murderous (even if considered a secular) regime....
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/2158432...

It's much more complicated than your comment implies.
JMHO.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18373 Sep 2, 2013
And I don't think Saudis support Al-Q. Quite the reverse.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18374 Sep 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're telling me we should feel sympathy for the neaderthal who found a keyboard in the sand one day and decided to type what what his under developed cult brain could muster?
This is not how logic works. You need to put in the effort to prove something for which you have evidence.
Your lies are meaningless here, try and find forum with people that match your intellectual level.
Heaping a teaspoon of water, perfecting perpetual motion, anti gravity scenarios and finding anyone that comes close to possessing MUG's intellectual level are scientific IMPOSSIBILITIES on Earth!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18375 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Every summer, during Ramadan, we get an influx of wealthy tourists from Saudi in London. They shop in Harrods, Jewellers and design clothes shops. A lot of posing and driving round in Lamborghinis. Then on the flight back, the women change from jeans back to islamic dress. I guess the majority of them want to live like us, but have to go through a charade to appear respectable in a conservative society.
Indeed-- if they failed to comply with the misogyny? They'd be killed outright.

So much for the religion of "peace".
LCNLin

United States

#18376 Sep 2, 2013
EdSed wrote:
And I don't think Saudis support Al-Q. Quite the reverse.
Agree!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18377 Sep 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look closer to home, before judging other systems of government. The Saudis are happily funding so called rebels and Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria. Obvious to those outside of religion how sectarianism is destroying the muslim world. Without religion, there would probably be little conflict in Syria, Iraq, etc.
Why Saudis would fund Al Qaeda when it was their enemy?

What type of crooked reasoning you have?

I think you have made Al Qaeda a monster on your own imagination and pin every thing on it.

An organization with no head, no organization, no office, no communication, no recognition, has become so powerful that it can do any thing whenever it wants, wherever it wants.

You are certainly having Al Qaeda phobia!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18378 Sep 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How long can you go on for, lying about your god? Are you that dishonest? where are you morals?

Location hidden

#18379 Sep 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What type of crooked reasoning you have?
I think you have made Al Qaeda a monster on your own imagination and pin every thing on it.
An organization with no head, no organization, no office, no communication, no recognition, has become so powerful that it can do any thing whenever it wants, wherever it wants.
You are certainly having Al Qaeda phobia!!
You have fact phobia and can't even prove the god that your mental illness causes you to believe in!

Hopeless wreck! Go on, run away from facts like the lying coward you ware.

Prove your god or f*ck off its been that way since the history of the earth - you can't fool us anymore.

Location hidden

#18380 Sep 3, 2013
When we look deep into every cult on the planet - we find loudmouth liars who can't accept hard facts.

These loudmouths convince idiots to join them/ Once the idiots join, the liars start to believe their own crap.

And before you know it you have a unquestioning cult.

Location hidden

#18381 Sep 3, 2013
All religions are just echo chambers of lies.
spugun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18382 Sep 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I concede the point about AQ. The Saudis are funding rebels, >some< of whom appear to have connections to AQ.

However, the main point I was wishing to make was on the problem of sectarianism.

The problems in the Middle East should be sorted out, IMO, by Middle Eastern countries, without so-called Western intervention.

However what we usually get is that the ME countries back whichever sect they belong to. Saudis funding so-called rebles, and Iran funding the government forces.

Without these religious divides, the problems would either be a lot less or disappear altogether.
spugun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18383 Sep 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have fact phobia and can't even prove the god that your mental illness causes you to believe in!
Yes devout religious followers have a form of mental illness. They hold delusional beliefs without enough sufficient evidence, so that they can have the warm fuzzy feelings inside knowing that a sky God is looking out for them, and they will receive heavenly rewards/virgins in paradise when they die.
LCNLin

United States

#18384 Sep 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
All religions are just echo chambers of lies.
Prove It!
LCNLin

United States

#18385 Sep 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
When we look deep into every cult on the planet - we find loudmouth liars who can't accept hard facts.
These loudmouths convince idiots to join them/ Once the idiots join, the liars start to believe their own crap.
And before you know it you have a unquestioning cult.
Just Prove It
LCNLin

United States

#18386 Sep 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopeless wreck! Go on, run away from facts like the lying coward you ware.
Prove your god or f*ck off its been that way since the history of the earth - you can't fool us anymore.
Prove it Skippy
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#18387 Sep 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove It!
We don`t even have to "prove" that nothing exists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Science 81,591
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Science 33,011
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 2 hr Eagle 12 - 2,191
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web