Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23770 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18323 Aug 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay,, do you as a man treat women as your equal??????
Yes or No will suffice.
He can't even begin to acknowledge the possibility of such behavior's existence.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#18324 Aug 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of question is this?
First prove to me that men and women are created equal, in any way?
Why you have different sports for men and women? Why do they not run side by side in races, in boxing , in wrestling?
And I want to ask you another question, do you treat your mother, your sister and your daughter , "In the same way" as you treat your wife?
Answer in yes and know and it would suffice!!
You and your Y and N Question!!
Wow... you are the definition of 'mind numbingly stupid'

“Re-align with nature ”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#18325 Aug 30, 2013
Only if they build a Temple of the Jedi?
Or many such.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18327 Aug 30, 2013
Syria dominating the news here. Our corrupt leaders, Cameron, Willy Hague and the other warhawks are very upset because Parliament does not support their illegal wars. They will just arm Al Qaeda rebels via their friends in Saudi and Qatar. But they are very uphappy because they can no longer take part in an illegal bombing by long range 1000 lb explosive missiles. I dont know about you, but I feel proud to be British today, that Parliament is representing the views of the majority of people who want nothing to do with yet another foreign war.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18328 Aug 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you have different sports for men and women? Why do they not run side by side in races, in boxing , in wrestling?
And I want to ask you another question, do you treat your mother, your sister and your daughter , "In the same way" as you treat your wife?
You are MORE predicable than nigh follows day follows night. NO bookie would gives odds on that, or you.
old nick

Worcester, UK

#18329 Aug 30, 2013
LMAO.....after a 3 month absence......this is still the top topic.....say`s it all really dont it folks!!!
spider

Ely, UK

#18330 Aug 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to rights as a human being, as you well know. Given time and education all women will br liberated,,, you are a dinosaur and you are aware of it, your fear is only to evident as proved by your reluctance to be honest.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18331 Aug 31, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
A divine portent that your version of God is dying?
Like the many other Gods invented by humans, exploited by humans, so a few self chosen individual humans have power and comfort over other humans as seen in history many times?
False gods are dieing, because they cannot cope up with the advancement of human knowledge.

But the face of True God of Universe, who created every thing is emerging clear and bold with each passing day.

The superstitions and belief in ways of past generations and customs are going down.... but deep down their is a craving to know the truth. How to feed our souls.

Despite so much food for bodies, our souls are hungry.

They keep feeding it with "junk food" like Music concerts, Drinks, Sexual liberation and every thing..... but they only increase the hunger of soul and not satisfy it.

Why?

Because our Lord and Creator has declared "It is the remembrance of God, in which the Soul gets peace".

Our age is the return of religion, not the false religions, but True religion, the same which was preached by each and every prophet of God in all ages to all nations.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18332 Aug 31, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to rights as a human being, as you well know. Given time and education all women will br liberated,,, you are a dinosaur and you are aware of it, your fear is only to evident as proved by your reluctance to be honest.
You asked me do I take women as my "Equal".

You should be careful to how you pose any question!

When men and women are "different" in every department, so they have "different roles to play" in bringing up human civilization.

Men have rights and women have rights. Rights given to men are according to role they play and women get rights according to role they play.

Nature never intended men and women to fight with each other over rights, because it made man and women as "Complimentary to each other"

Man and women make a "Couple" and that couple is the basic building block of human society.

What our modern day materialistic thinkers have done is to break that "couple" and make them independent of each other.

And this was not done to grant any favor to woman kind....but merely to exploit her body and her beauty and put double burden on her.

The woman has "every right" to expose and sell her body and beauty, because that is her "only" asset. We see that in Ads, in Dance Bars, in Strip tease shows and in film songs where you can gather thousands of naked or semi naked women for a "Few Dollars".

No one seems to mind how "cheap" it is to get and gather women' beauty.

This is freedom for women, the chastity, the honor, the upbringing have zero values in modern days.

What they need is a few Dollars, how they get it does not matter, how they spend it doe not matter either.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18333 Aug 31, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

K. Tenth Quality: Prophets Receive Revelation (Guidance) from God:

This is the most important quality of a prophet of God. They get revelation directly from God or thru the medium of Angels of God.

And this is one of the major qualities which separate Prophets from Non Prophets.

Those who are Not Prophets speak from their Acquired Knowledge, Personal Experience, Reasoning and Deductive powers. None of these are fool proof, so they could be right or wrong.

But a Prophet speaks from the Direct Knowledge he gets from God, so he is certain of what he says and he is never doubtful or wavers in his sayings.

Revelation from God is the Surest form of knowledge and far above any Human based Reason or Logic or Theory or Assumptions.

Caution:

Let there be no confusion or misunderstanding on this issue. By “Revelation” here I mean, guidance which is sent as guidance to general public.

There are instances when certain “Non Prophets” have received messages from God, directly or thru angles, but these messages were informations or foretelling some future event, not a guidance for people

K1. Books of God:

Some prophets only teach verbally of the revelation they receive and some write down the message and / or they ask their followers to write it down. Sometimes the followers write down the verbal messages of their prophets after they have gone from the world.

These collections of prophet’s sayings and what they ask to be written down etc are termed as Scriptures and Books of God.

Truly a Book of God should not contain any thing else except what the prophets received thru Revelation, but this is a very strict test and there is hardly any book in the world which can pass this strict test, except Quran the Final revealed book.

So we are lenient in this test, and do not object on other people’s scriptures unless there is direct contradiction between Quran and these religious scriptures.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18334 Aug 31, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Wow... you are the definition of 'mind numbingly stupid'
Resorting to Names calling is a Sure Sign that you cannot answer my arguments.

Thanks for surrendering so easily!!
spider

Ely, UK

#18335 Aug 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When men and women are "different" in every department, so they have "different roles to play" in bringing up human civilization.
Men have rights and women have rights. Rights given to men are according to role they play and women get rights according to role they play.
Nature never intended men and women to fight with each other over rights, because it made man and women as "Complimentary to each other"
Man and women make a "Couple" and that couple is the basic building block of human society.
What our modern day materialistic thinkers have done is to break that "couple" and make them independent of each other.
And this was not done to grant any favor to woman kind....but merely to exploit her body and her beauty and put double burden on her.
The woman has "every right" to expose and sell her body and beauty, because that is her "only" asset. We see that in Ads, in Dance Bars, in Strip tease shows and in film songs where you can gather thousands of naked or semi naked women for a "Few Dollars".
This is freedom for women, the chastity, the honor, the upbringing have zero values in modern days.
What they need is a few Dollars, how they get it does not matter, how they spend it doe not matter either.
Ill take that as a NO then,,, you don't treat or consider women as equal.
Why under this circumstance do you think anyone would give serious consideration to anything else you have to say.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18336 Aug 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
On your freak planet, women have no minds? Only bodies? So I suppose that women don't buy cars, homes, assume mortgages, have investments, build factories, have bank accounts, assemble electronics, bring home the bacon. Does she vote, pay taxes, paint
her home in colors only she chose, cook for dinner those things that she wants, dresses in the way she chooses, joins bowling teams, fishes, hunts, reads, designs her dreams and lives her life? No?

But she does have a hole so you at least, can see her only value?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18337 Aug 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
K. Tenth Quality: Prophets Receive Revelation (Guidance) from God:
This is the most important quality of a prophet of God. They get revelation directly from God or thru the medium of Angels of God.
And this is one of the major qualities which separate Prophets from Non Prophets.
Those who are Not Prophets speak from their Acquired Knowledge, Personal Experience, Reasoning and Deductive powers. None of these are fool proof, so they could be right or wrong.
But a Prophet speaks from the Direct Knowledge he gets from God, so he is certain of what he says and he is never doubtful or wavers in his sayings.
Revelation from God is the Surest form of knowledge and far above any Human based Reason or Logic or Theory or Assumptions.
Caution:
Let there be no confusion or misunderstanding on this issue. By “Revelation” here I mean, guidance which is sent as guidance to general public.
There are instances when certain “Non Prophets” have received messages from God, directly or thru angles, but these messages were informations or foretelling some future event, not a guidance for people
K1. Books of God:
Some prophets only teach verbally of the revelation they receive and some write down the message and / or they ask their followers to write it down. Sometimes the followers write down the verbal messages of their prophets after they have gone from the world.
These collections of prophet’s sayings and what they ask to be written down etc are termed as Scriptures and Books of God.
Truly a Book of God should not contain any thing else except what the prophets received thru Revelation, but this is a very strict test and there is hardly any book in the world which can pass this strict test, except Quran the Final revealed book.
So we are lenient in this test, and do not object on other people’s scriptures unless there is direct contradiction between Quran and these religious scriptures.
Religious liars too cowardly to prove their silly infantile tales.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18338 Aug 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If I kept a dog just half as dense as someone like you,I'd be prosecuted for keeping a dumb animal in its misery.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18339 Aug 31, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill take that as a NO then,,, you don't treat or consider women as equal.
Why under this circumstance do you think anyone would give serious consideration to anything else you have to say.
You also did not answer my question...are men and women created equals?

Prove it to me!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18340 Aug 31, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>If I kept a dog just half as dense as someone like you,I'd be prosecuted for keeping a dumb animal in its misery.
Name calling shows that you have no answer to my logic. Thanks for saying that you are stupid!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18341 Aug 31, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>On your freak planet, women have no minds? Only bodies? So I suppose that women don't buy cars, homes, assume mortgages, have investments, build factories, have bank accounts, assemble electronics, bring home the bacon. Does she vote, pay taxes, paint
her home in colors only she chose, cook for dinner those things that she wants, dresses in the way she chooses, joins bowling teams, fishes, hunts, reads, designs her dreams and lives her life? No?
Yes she does all that and if she does after consulting her husband, the house is a happy house.

I said husband and wife make basic unit of civilization.

A happy home where husband and wife help each other is a heaven on earth and best peace that they can have on earth.

Separate them and individually they lead miserable lives.

This is natures "law of equality" between men and women. each is incomplete without other.

And this is biggest tragedy of our modern time and this atheist, materialistic society... they look down on marriage, they look down on women that just builds the house....they look down on marriage, they look down on women limiting her life to house to teach children,

The encourage women to go out and enjoy life, at the cost of of not at the cost of their family and children and husband.

This is what is causing havoc in the life of western people and that will be what will cause its ultimate demise.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18343 Aug 31, 2013
RP wrote:
On your freak planet, women have no minds? Only bodies? So I suppose that women don't buy cars, homes, assume mortgages, have investments, build factories, have bank accounts, assemble electronics, bring home the bacon. Does she vote, pay taxes, paint

Ans.

How Western World treats their women:

There is a common misunderstanding that women are most exploited in Muslim countries.

They are forced to keep their bodies covered and are only used as sex toys.

They are on absolute mercy of their husbands, or other male guardians, they have no rights whatsoever etc etc.

While on the other hand, women in western countries are free and have equal rights to those enjoyed by men, they are free to do any profession and have reached to parity with males.

They have become "equal" to men in almost every respect and are treated same as men.

There is hardly any profession, in which you cannot find men and women in almost equal profession.

Well, let me tell you, all of these are myths. Women in west are in no where equal to men and nor they are present in every profession.

I would present here the "most glamorous and most preferred jobs for women in Western countries". Places where you see more women than men. Please verify, if these posts are held by them on their age and beauty or their skills:

A. Receptionists and Personal Secretaries:

This is job which is "reserved" for women so to say.

Have you seen any "respectable" company that employs males in these positions?

And what sort of women are employed for these jobs? Those who are very intelligent or very efficient or toppers in their classes?

No my dear, those who are good looking and smart and "game" for those who come along.

And what happens to secretaries that become aged?

And they will say that "sexual bias and beauty is not the main reason for this post given to women"

B. Air Hostess:

I do not know, who was the person who thought of this idea.

Only unmarried and attractive looking girls are selected for this job. What is their work? To entertain passengers during their flying time.

Could any thing be more demeaning to women , that every one looks for their beauty and cools their eyes on their looks.

And they are "game" for pilots and other higher ranking staff in airlines.

And what happens to airhostess that get married or become old? They are either fired or sent to back office.

Is this not exploitation of women' body and looks?

C. Modelling:

This is another high paying and best job for women in Western countries.

You cannot sell anything in West, unless you put the body of a naked or semi naked women on its cover.

In this industry, women sell their bodies and have to "bear" so many comments on their beauty and how beautiful they look.

D. Office Staff:

We see increasing numbers of women in offices and staff. They might have been selected because of their merit and skills, but in their working life, they have to bear comments on their beauty and sex appeal.

A women is mostly complimented on how "beautiful she looks and what great body she has".

She dresses and applies makeup to satisfy grazes and hungry eyes of her colleagues and her bosses.

A man may get away by dressing shabbily but never a women.

She must always be on the look out as to how to improve her figure, how to hide her true age…etc.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18344 Aug 31, 2013
Contd.

E. Women in Armed Forces and Industries and in High manual labour intensive jobs.

There was a move to induct more women in combat jobs and in front lines.

But there were so many cases of women being raped by their "fellow soldiers and officers" that people have gone slow on its implementation.

E. Oldest Profession:

Yes that position is ALWAYS open to women from earliest to the latest time.

Needless to say that women uses her body to earn her living.

Films and Extras in films are very close to the oldest profession, where women use their bodies as a merchandise.

Club dancing, sex joints and so many profession come under this category.

F. Teaching and Nursing field:

These are areas where women have found maximum employment. And this is an honorable work for them.

These are areas that are not subject to their physical beauty and depend on skills.

And apparently these are areas where we find most women working in Muslim countries also!!

This is their "natural" position to work where they do not come in contact with strangers and men with hungry gazes.

Those who are sick and recovering are not as "wild" as we see in offices , areolplanes and in show biz!!

Conclusion:

Irrespective of what they say, the common plight of women in Western society is that she is mainly used as sex symbol.

In her working life, she has to bear hungry grazes and has to bear the taunts and comments on her body and looks by any one coming in her contact.

If she ignores her looks , she is more likely to loose her job than any male member.

Yet they will say that women are free in west to do what they like and how they live.

These are claims and have no link with the life of western women.

Please do not say that I am a male chauvinist pig!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min Uncle Sam 11,223
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 11 min Richardfs 9,564
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 25 min Patrick 50,917
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 26 min Uncle Sam 337
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Richard 29,398
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Patrick 254,884
Atheism is not a belief 5 hr Scout 185
More from around the web