Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
17,321 - 17,340 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17
LCNlin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

The word cult in current usage is a pejorative term for a New Atheist movement while religion a milder term less offensive.
IRS views atheist a religion for tax purposes.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
The word cult in current usage is a pejorative term for a New Atheist movement while religion a milder term less offensive.
IRS views atheist a religion for tax purposes.
F*ck off you ridiculous creationist piece of sh*t. You look ridiculous and have no arguments ffs.
Jimmy C

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False. It's not "I consider unfortunate". It **is** about god preventable **disaster**.
That your horrid and uncaring deity would simply stand by and allow such things to occur?
Proves he doesn't care- and is therefore, a monster.
No it doesnít. You just gave me your opinion. Proof isnít derived from peopleís opinions.

I dunno, Bob. Youíre pretty adamant to disprove religion. But Iíd say your line of reasoning has been pretty hazy thus far. It is just logically unsound no matter what you believe.

I just canít get past the irony that, for all the weight you claim to give accurate human reasoning, youíve presented an argument that is almost devoid thereof and riddled with conjecture.

Iím done. This argument canít be resolved by proof if we canít even agree on the definition of proof.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy C wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesnít. You just gave me your opinion. Proof isnít derived from peopleís opinions.
Nope. I gave an **observation** about your god's **failure** to act **godly**.

And you just brush it off as if it did not happen!
Jimmy C wrote:
I dunno, Bob. Youíre pretty adamant to disprove religion.
I already have-- many times. You just keep **ignoring** the facts.
Jimmy C wrote:
But Iíd say your line of reasoning has been pretty hazy thus far.
Yet, you cannot muster up even ONE (1) counter-argument apart from "IS NOT" (as in the above)?
Jimmy C wrote:
It is just logically unsound no matter what you believe.
Says you-- yet you provide NO counter arguments in support...!
Jimmy C wrote:
I just canít get past the irony that, for all the weight you claim to give accurate human reasoning, youíve presented an argument that is almost devoid thereof and riddled with conjecture.
Nope-- it's based soundly on observational fact:

GOD-PREVENTABLE EVIL EXISTS.

That is observational FACT.

Which you keep IGNORING.
Jimmy C wrote:
Iím done. This argument canít be resolved by proof if we canít even agree on the definition of proof.
You quit because you cannot produce a logical REASON why your god...

... KEEPS DOING EXACTLY NOTHING?

Okay.
LCNlin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck off you ridiculous creationist piece of sh*t....
Potty Mouth when frustrated?
We choose not to take your word for your oft supported religion.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Potty Mouth when frustrated?
We choose not to take your word for your oft supported religion.
Of course not. Why would you? He tells you the truth, but you have a better source, who claims the truth is her version.

As long as you have a former Mother Superior/crack ho, now turning tricks at the Blazing Flamingo motel, where you spend your spare change, why would you ever have any doubts. No atheist could possibly know as much about themselves as you and she know.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Why has this thread lying dormant? No activity for past 3 days?
spider

Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Okay,, do you as a man treat women as your equal??????

Yes or No will suffice.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or No will suffice.
MUG isn't into Boolean values, then he's not into anything values when it comes to logic connected answers. Just MHO.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

"The burden of damascus" in the book of Isaiah seems to be coming to fruition.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
A divine portent that your version of God is dying?

Like the many other Gods invented by humans, exploited by humans, so a few self chosen individual humans have power and comfort over other humans as seen in history many times?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or No will suffice.
What sort of question is this?

First prove to me that men and women are created equal, in any way?

Why you have different sports for men and women? Why do they not run side by side in races, in boxing , in wrestling?

And I want to ask you another question, do you treat your mother, your sister and your daughter , "In the same way" as you treat your wife?

Answer in yes and know and it would suffice!!

You and your Y and N Question!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or No will suffice.
He can't even begin to acknowledge the possibility of such behavior's existence.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you have different sports for men and women? Why do they not run side by side in races, in boxing , in wrestling?
And I want to ask you another question, do you treat your mother, your sister and your daughter , "In the same way" as you treat your wife?
Wow... you are the definition of 'mind numbingly stupid'

“My the Force Be With You”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Only if they build a Temple of the Jedi?
Or many such.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Syria dominating the news here. Our corrupt leaders, Cameron, Willy Hague and the other warhawks are very upset because Parliament does not support their illegal wars. They will just arm Al Qaeda rebels via their friends in Saudi and Qatar. But they are very uphappy because they can no longer take part in an illegal bombing by long range 1000 lb explosive missiles. I dont know about you, but I feel proud to be British today, that Parliament is representing the views of the majority of people who want nothing to do with yet another foreign war.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are MORE predicable than nigh follows day follows night. NO bookie would gives odds on that, or you.
old nick

Worcester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

LMAO.....after a 3 month absence......this is still the top topic.....say`s it all really dont it folks!!!
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to rights as a human being, as you well know. Given time and education all women will br liberated,,, you are a dinosaur and you are aware of it, your fear is only to evident as proved by your reluctance to be honest.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
A divine portent that your version of God is dying?
Like the many other Gods invented by humans, exploited by humans, so a few self chosen individual humans have power and comfort over other humans as seen in history many times?
False gods are dieing, because they cannot cope up with the advancement of human knowledge.

But the face of True God of Universe, who created every thing is emerging clear and bold with each passing day.

The superstitions and belief in ways of past generations and customs are going down.... but deep down their is a craving to know the truth. How to feed our souls.

Despite so much food for bodies, our souls are hungry.

They keep feeding it with "junk food" like Music concerts, Drinks, Sexual liberation and every thing..... but they only increase the hunger of soul and not satisfy it.

Why?

Because our Lord and Creator has declared "It is the remembrance of God, in which the Soul gets peace".

Our age is the return of religion, not the false religions, but True religion, the same which was preached by each and every prophet of God in all ages to all nations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••