Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23869 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#18303 Aug 25, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoid dodge and ignore questions, hardly a discussion is it.
Your explanations regarding the qualities of a true prophet are lacking in anything substancial as representative of a god. You offer nothing other than the thoughts of a man, and that just won't do for the majority of sensible people.
That is a nice reply from someone who does not have any idea who are prophets and what are their qualities.

When I gave you choice to present your own list you could not come out with any.

Now instaed of commenting on my list, you show "marked disinterest", what type of positive arguments are these?

If you do not know anything, ask from people who know.

Why remain in darkness and spend and end your life in confusion?
LCNlin

United States

#18304 Aug 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god. Its because you don't have any proof.
You might *feel* like there's a god, but this is just chemicals in your body and nothing special at all.
Once you realise that you make up the reasons for feeling a certain way in your head, you will realise that you have been sold the ultimate scam - religion!!
Sorry if we choose not to take your word for your atheist religion.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18305 Aug 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
As opposed to a life of blowing up little children in the name of your ugly religion?

Pass.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18306 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning....
Albert Einstein
Question the many fallacies of atheism, the unproved religion
Name one! Just one of the claimed(by you) fallacies of atheism. LOL! Name one.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18307 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't insult atheism by calling it a religion.

Why do we have to explain this to you over and over again?

Location hidden

#18308 Aug 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Why remain a cowardly liar with no proof of god, incapable of addressing hard facts of life, ending your life willfully denying the understanding of the world he's in?

Earth,TX

#18309 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good idea. Never go to the source for your information.

In fact I would suggest the further from the ones who would actually know the answer, the better.

For instance who better to give you cooking advice, than a sewer technician? None, go for the gold, the sewer guy has your answer to all things culinary.

And should you need to ascertain NASA's projected budget for the year 2015, you should go no further afield than the neighborhood playground, where every 6 year old has the correct answer. Though you might be a bit careful how you go about questioning the kiddies.

This one you already know, but for information on atheism, ask those least capable of knowing the correct answers, the religitard
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#18310 Aug 26, 2013
http://www.atheistalliance.org/news-a-article...
Atheist Alliance International (AAI) has been accorded Special consultative status by the United Nations, enabling the organization to better serve the need of the world’s growing non-religious population and defend the interests of atheists and non-believers who are facing persecution from governments.
Unquote.

Also of interest (I hope), quote...
The BHA took a central role this week in revealing that 46 schools around the UK have Sex and Relationships Education policies that discriminate against homosexuality. The policies are apparently based upon the bigoted Thatcher-era legislation which banned local authorities from 'promoting' homosexuality or recognising its acceptability as a 'pretended family relationship'. Although Section 28 was repealed 10 years ago, around half the schools have policies which reference Section 28 as if it was still in force, while the rest recreate it with lines about not promoting homosexuality.
Unquote.
(Sources: Atheist, Humanist and Secular Soc & British Humanist Association)

From the IHEU...
http://iheu.org/story/my-rationalist-brother-...
We were at a National level advanced training program for demystifying miracles on the 20th of August, when one of the activists participating showed an SMS text which simply said "Dr. Narendra Dabholkar shot dead".
LCNlin

United States

#18311 Aug 26, 2013
The word cult in current usage is a pejorative term for a New Atheist movement while religion a milder term less offensive.
IRS views atheist a religion for tax purposes.

Location hidden

#18312 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
The word cult in current usage is a pejorative term for a New Atheist movement while religion a milder term less offensive.
IRS views atheist a religion for tax purposes.
F*ck off you ridiculous creationist piece of sh*t. You look ridiculous and have no arguments ffs.
Jimmy C

Uniontown, PA

#18313 Aug 26, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False. It's not "I consider unfortunate". It **is** about god preventable **disaster**.
That your horrid and uncaring deity would simply stand by and allow such things to occur?
Proves he doesn't care- and is therefore, a monster.
No it doesn’t. You just gave me your opinion. Proof isn’t derived from people’s opinions.

I dunno, Bob. You’re pretty adamant to disprove religion. But I’d say your line of reasoning has been pretty hazy thus far. It is just logically unsound no matter what you believe.

I just can’t get past the irony that, for all the weight you claim to give accurate human reasoning, you’ve presented an argument that is almost devoid thereof and riddled with conjecture.

I’m done. This argument can’t be resolved by proof if we can’t even agree on the definition of proof.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18314 Aug 26, 2013
Jimmy C wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn’t. You just gave me your opinion. Proof isn’t derived from people’s opinions.
Nope. I gave an **observation** about your god's **failure** to act **godly**.

And you just brush it off as if it did not happen!
Jimmy C wrote:
I dunno, Bob. You’re pretty adamant to disprove religion.
I already have-- many times. You just keep **ignoring** the facts.
Jimmy C wrote:
But I’d say your line of reasoning has been pretty hazy thus far.
Yet, you cannot muster up even ONE (1) counter-argument apart from "IS NOT" (as in the above)?
Jimmy C wrote:
It is just logically unsound no matter what you believe.
Says you-- yet you provide NO counter arguments in support...!
Jimmy C wrote:
I just can’t get past the irony that, for all the weight you claim to give accurate human reasoning, you’ve presented an argument that is almost devoid thereof and riddled with conjecture.
Nope-- it's based soundly on observational fact:

GOD-PREVENTABLE EVIL EXISTS.

That is observational FACT.

Which you keep IGNORING.
Jimmy C wrote:
I’m done. This argument can’t be resolved by proof if we can’t even agree on the definition of proof.
You quit because you cannot produce a logical REASON why your god...

... KEEPS DOING EXACTLY NOTHING?

Okay.
LCNlin

United States

#18315 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck off you ridiculous creationist piece of sh*t....
Potty Mouth when frustrated?
We choose not to take your word for your oft supported religion.

Earth,TX

#18316 Aug 26, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Potty Mouth when frustrated?
We choose not to take your word for your oft supported religion.
Of course not. Why would you? He tells you the truth, but you have a better source, who claims the truth is her version.

As long as you have a former Mother Superior/crack ho, now turning tricks at the Blazing Flamingo motel, where you spend your spare change, why would you ever have any doubts. No atheist could possibly know as much about themselves as you and she know.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18317 Aug 29, 2013
Why has this thread lying dormant? No activity for past 3 days?
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18318 Aug 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Okay,, do you as a man treat women as your equal??????

Yes or No will suffice.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18319 Aug 29, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or No will suffice.
MUG isn't into Boolean values, then he's not into anything values when it comes to logic connected answers. Just MHO.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#18320 Aug 29, 2013
"The burden of damascus" in the book of Isaiah seems to be coming to fruition.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18321 Aug 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
A divine portent that your version of God is dying?

Like the many other Gods invented by humans, exploited by humans, so a few self chosen individual humans have power and comfort over other humans as seen in history many times?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18322 Aug 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or No will suffice.
What sort of question is this?

First prove to me that men and women are created equal, in any way?

Why you have different sports for men and women? Why do they not run side by side in races, in boxing , in wrestling?

And I want to ask you another question, do you treat your mother, your sister and your daughter , "In the same way" as you treat your wife?

Answer in yes and know and it would suffice!!

You and your Y and N Question!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Eagle 12 20,057
Reasoning with Insanity 3 min Eagle 12 65
News The Atheist Delusion': Ray Comfort's Masterpiece 8 min Eagle 12 75
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min Eagle 12 14,918
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min ChristineM 34,836
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Reason Personified 28
News Why I quit atheism 1 hr Cujo 272
More from around the web