Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 23584 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

spider

King's Lynn, UK

#18226 Aug 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are you also a catcher for Islam? Now you will answer questions about Islam? That's something new as you usually run and hide from questions. Okay here's one.
Why is it that when we find older and older versions of the bible stories that Muhammad stole for the Quran we never find ones that say as he claimed? He was supposed to be revealing what these originally said and correcting errors by Jews and Christians. Yet the historical evidence shows time and time again he was very wrong. Until those older versions show up that say as he claimed can't we rightfully say he just made it up?
And yes I am supposing that Muhammad actually existed and wasn't just made up for the sake of the Quran fiction.
<quoted text>
If you get a straight and honest answer,,, not only will I eat my hat, I will eat everybody else's as well.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18227 Aug 20, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get a straight and honest answer,,, not only will I eat my hat, I will eat everybody else's as well.
May be that is the reason, most people do not wear hats!!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#18228 Aug 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not pitch for any country or any regime. I pitch for Islam and Islamic teachings.
If you have any question on these , feel free to ask me.
Have you ever pitched a no hitter? How is your knuckleball?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18229 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about miracles and not magic, you dumbwit.
What is a miracle?
How do you define a miracle?
you dumbwit. The Kettle calling the fry-pan. The very best example I've seen in 60 yrs.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18230 Aug 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever pitched a no hitter? How is your knuckleball?
Talking in base ball language to one who is a cricket fan?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18231 Aug 21, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>you dumbwit. The Kettle calling the fry-pan. The very best example I've seen in 60 yrs.
Are you above 70?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#18232 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this.

You're talking about theism to those who are atheists.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18233 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you above 70?
Allah rewards the unbelievers with long life and good fortune. Life's a b*tch aint it :)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18234 Aug 21, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah rewards the unbelievers with long life and good fortune. Life's a b*tch aint it :)
What about those unbelievers who die in their teens and twenties and thirties?

May be they are not the "Complete" unbelievers? Are they?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#18235 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to Allah's exploding people?
they do blow up so fast, don't they?
Thinking

UK

#18236 Aug 21, 2013
No international cricket is played in Pakistan because of muslim attrocities...

Another set back for your BS crusade.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18237 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Religions are also subject to the reasonable criterion, but a different level of arguments are needed for religions than for "lower level materialistic subject like science which only deals with materials".
02. No one "allows" people to practice their religions, it is a "self generated right" of every Indian national. The same way we Muslims "allow" people of different faiths to practice their religions.
03. The sphere of religion is how to deal with your Creator and how to deal with your fellow human beings.
Both these subjects are outside the scope of "Modern science which is only interested in the study of materials and things related to matters".
04. I already gave you so many examples of what a miracle is, why should I define what is a miracle. Since you "laughed" at my examples, it should be your turn to define what you mean by a miracle.
05. I am able to survive in this "hostile environment" because I do not seek any recognition or reward from any one.
I consider it my duty to tell people truth and try to answer their genuine queries and doubts. My reward if any is from my Creator and I hope that He shall pardon my shortcomings and my lapses and grant me salvation in the Hereafter.
06. It does not harm in the least if we disagree on any subject. When humans argue, it is not possible that they agree 100 % on every thing.
What is needed is a positive attitude and listen to other side and show respect to each other.
I see people getting off the handle and start using insulting language and start abusing other side on slightest disagreement.
I also say Thank you and hope Peace and blessings of God be on to you.
Have a nice day.
"What is needed is a positive attitude and listen to other side and show respect to each other."

So there's hope that you may become an atheist? ;)

"I see people getting off the handle and start using insulting language and start abusing other side on slightest disagreement."

Yeah, been there, seen that. The way I look at it, if a post angers me, I may type up a reply. Then, after a moment from typing and reading my reply, I hit the back button.

And then come back in a day or so. Then reply to the parts I still wish to say something about.

But that's just my observation and opinion. YMMV.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18238 Aug 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you above 70?
I'm over 68. My body temperature is above 70.
LCNlin

United States

#18240 Aug 22, 2013
Sartre an unhappy soul, may be a better example than Richard Dawkins, money making author?
Atheism as a philosophy seems old hat, introduced as new wine in old bottles.
New Atheism (religion) seems a mass media creation in the West.
Have a great day
LCNlin

United States

#18241 Aug 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
No international cricket is played in Pakistan because of muslim attrocities...
Another set back for your BS crusade.
<quoted text>
Muslims killing Muslims in Egypt, Afghanistan, Iraq etc. seems to dominate the news. An excellent reason to support secularist government in Egypt imposed by the Military.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18242 Aug 22, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Are you referring to Allah's exploding people?
they do blow up so fast, don't they?
Every day is a blast for the exploding people. The evidence is on the news of the muslim world.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#18244 Aug 22, 2013
You said you were here to answer questions about Islam. Yet you ran in fear from my question about Muhammad's rewrites of ancient holy works not matching up with the oldest copies of said writings.

Perhaps you are busy selling your daughter on the street as she just turned 7?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18245 Aug 23, 2013
LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims killing Muslims in Egypt, Afghanistan, Iraq etc. seems to dominate the news. An excellent reason to support secularist government in Egypt imposed by the Military.
The "same military" which was corrupt, dictatorial , brutal and unable to rule Egypt, only a few months ago...when west was "hell bent" to bring democracy in every Muslim country.

Now perhaps they realized that it is not "western democracy" which Muslim common people like..

So now once again they are backing Military Rulers, generals and kings and Emirs, who are more pliable than the democratically elected leaders.

So we are back to square one....aren't we.

Who will lecture now on true benefits of democracy and country is for people, by people, and for people?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18246 Aug 23, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

H. Eighth Quality: Prophets were sent to all nations of world:

Since every nation and every people need guidance from God to fulfill their mission of life and True Guidance can only come thru Revelation; that is why God sent Prophets and Messengers to every nation in all parts of world.

These prophets came in all ages and spoke in the languages of their people and delivered the guidance of God and asked their followers to follow them and take them as their role models.

H1. No one except God knows exact number of Prophets:

No one except God knows the exact numbers of Prophets and Messengers. We know the names of only a handful of them, and most of them remain unknown to us.

H2 A Prophet of God is deemed alive as long as his True Teachings remain intact:

In case any one should deduce that Physical Presence of Prophet of God is essential in every age and time; let it suffice that a prophet is deemed alive as long as his teachings and sayings and actions are preserved and reach posterity in reliable form.

This is way of God that He sends another prophet to revive the message of old Prophet, when it has been almost forgotten or so much changed and distorted thru passage of time; or circumstances have changed so much that people might fall into serious error unless it is revised or updated.

LCNlin

United States

#18249 Aug 23, 2013
How atheists became the most colossally smug and annoying people on the planet

When did atheists become so teeth-gratingly annoying? Surely non-believers in God weren't always the colossal pains in the collective backside that they are today? Surely there was a time when you could say to someone "I am an atheist" without them instantly assuming you were a smug, self-righteous loather of dumb hicks given to making pseudo-clever statements like, "Well, Leviticus also frowns upon having unkempt hair, did you know that?"

Things are now so bad that I tend to keep my atheism to myself, and instead mumble something about being a very lapsed Catholic if I'm put on the spot, for fear that uttering the A-word will make people think I'm a Dawkins drone with a mammoth superiority complex and a hives-like allergy to nurses wearing crucifixes.

These days, barely a week passes without the emergence of yet more evidence that atheists are the most irritating people on Earth. Last week we had the spectacle of Dawkins and his slavish Twitter followers (whose adherence to Dawkins' diktats makes those Kool-Aid-drinking Jonestown folk seem level-headed in comparison) boring on about how stupid Muslims are. This week we've been treated to new scientific research claiming to show that atheists are cleverer than religious people. I say scientific. I say research. It is of course neither; it's just a pre-existing belief dolled up in rags snatched from various reports and stories. Not unlike the Bible. But that hasn't stopped the atheistic blogosphere and Twitterati from effectively saying, "See? Told you we were brainier than you Bible-reading numbskulls."

ah.co.uk/news/brendanoneill2/1 00230985/how-atheists-became-t he-most-colossally-smug-and-an noying-people-on-the-planet/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Rosa_Winkel 247,447
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 58 min Knowledge- 12,676
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 1 hr Eagle 12 22
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 1 hr Eagle 12 8
Proof of God for the Atheist 3 hr Shizle 126
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 hr -Stray Dog 47,807
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr ChristineM 2,353
More from around the web