Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#18216 Aug 19, 2013
You don't know what a miracle is? Not surprising as you are a Muslim and very poorly educated. Allow me to educate you again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle

A miracle is an event not ascribable to human power or the laws of nature and consequently attributed to a supernatural, especially divine, agency.[1] Such an event may be attributed to a miracle worker, saint, or religious leader. A miracle is sometimes thought of as a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature.

Now hurry up and show us a miracle happening today that we can observe that is an event that is an interruption of the laws of nature.

So a pretty sunrise or a future child bride to be sold being born is not a miracle as these are natural events.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us what do you mean by a Miracle?
Let us start with a,b,c, of the subject.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18217 Aug 19, 2013
GM wrote:
1) If you propose any idea that doesn't pass scrutiny, is that being unreasonable? Is religion exempt for some reason?

2) You said it yourself - Hindus allows other to practice their religions. It's a positive and a negative. That you also think that's a negative is revealing of your true nature.

3) And what is religion's sphere now? As we understand more of how the world works by science, religion is retreating into the corners of questions we don't know yet. Disease, Lightning, floods, earthquakes, solar and lunar eclipses, battles won, battles lost seem to be losing direct divine intervention. Your version of god is losing her power over natural events and skulking more and more in the shadows like a thief or a stalker.

3 again) You are the one who claims every shoot is a miracle. A positive claim so the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate that it is a miracle.

Since you brought it up, how about you tell us what you think a miracle is?

3*) And I'm a bit disappointed with the tone of this: "You are in the same league of people, who have no idea of what they are talking about."

I like the discussion and have to give you credit of preserving this long on a forum board that is going to be naturally hostile to your view.

We obviously disagree on many things but if you are tossing me into the enemy category, then I guess all I have to say now is: Shukran. Peace to you and your family.
Ans.

01. Religions are also subject to the reasonable criterion, but a different level of arguments are needed for religions than for "lower level materialistic subject like science which only deals with materials".

02. No one "allows" people to practice their religions, it is a "self generated right" of every Indian national. The same way we Muslims "allow" people of different faiths to practice their religions.

03. The sphere of religion is how to deal with your Creator and how to deal with your fellow human beings.

Both these subjects are outside the scope of "Modern science which is only interested in the study of materials and things related to matters".

04. I already gave you so many examples of what a miracle is, why should I define what is a miracle. Since you "laughed" at my examples, it should be your turn to define what you mean by a miracle.

05. I am able to survive in this "hostile environment" because I do not seek any recognition or reward from any one.

I consider it my duty to tell people truth and try to answer their genuine queries and doubts. My reward if any is from my Creator and I hope that He shall pardon my shortcomings and my lapses and grant me salvation in the Hereafter.

06. It does not harm in the least if we disagree on any subject. When humans argue, it is not possible that they agree 100 % on every thing.

What is needed is a positive attitude and listen to other side and show respect to each other.

I see people getting off the handle and start using insulting language and start abusing other side on slightest disagreement.

I also say Thank you and hope Peace and blessings of God be on to you.

Have a nice day.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18218 Aug 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You don't know what a miracle is? Not surprising as you are a Muslim and very poorly educated. Allow me to educate you again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle
A miracle is an event not ascribable to human power or the laws of nature and consequently attributed to a supernatural, especially divine, agency.[1] Such an event may be attributed to a miracle worker, saint, or religious leader. A miracle is sometimes thought of as a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature.
Now hurry up and show us a miracle happening today that we can observe that is an event that is an interruption of the laws of nature.
So a pretty sunrise or a future child bride to be sold being born is not a miracle as these are natural events.
<quoted text>
Why you have to go to Wikipedia to define a Miracle?

Miracle is something which is beyond human powers.

So any thing which is happening around us, which we cannot do comes under the general definition of Miracle.

Every thing around us, which we cannot do or unable to do is a miracle.

Now look again with open eyes around you and you will see millions of miracles around you.

But if you close your eyes, you can say that I did not see any thing at all!!

The problem is with you and not with miracles.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18219 Aug 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about miracles and not magic, you dumbwit.
They are **exactly** the same thing, Oh Most Stupid Of Posters.

The same thing:

** Magic-- attempting to twist the universe by your will

** Miracle-- attempting to twist the universe by your will

No difference at all.

Both use **imaginary** things to make them "work".
MUQ wrote:
What is a miracle?
How do you define a miracle?
Magic.

See above.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18220 Aug 20, 2013
I note that Saudi Arabia is funding the demise of Egyptian muslim brotherhood.

Any reduction in EU and US funding of Egypt will be picked up by the Saudi state.

Good news or bad news?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So any thing which is happening around us, which we cannot do comes under the general definition of Miracle.
Now look again with open eyes around you and you will see millions of miracles around you.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18222 Aug 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I note that Saudi Arabia is funding the demise of Egyptian muslim brotherhood.
Any reduction in EU and US funding of Egypt will be picked up by the Saudi state.
Good news or bad news?
<quoted text>
I do not pitch for any country or any regime. I pitch for Islam and Islamic teachings.

If you have any question on these , feel free to ask me.

Henderson, KY

#18223 Aug 20, 2013
Can you or any human sht out a camel turd? No of course not because you and people are not a camel. So by your logic a camel taking a crap is a miracle. Sorry but this is the real world Muq you don't get to just make up your own definitions and be taken seriously.

Miracles are events outside of the laws of nature. Now hurry up and provide these miracles that we can observe or humiliate Islam as usual.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Henderson, KY

#18224 Aug 20, 2013
Are you also a catcher for Islam? Now you will answer questions about Islam? That's something new as you usually run and hide from questions. Okay here's one.

Why is it that when we find older and older versions of the bible stories that Muhammad stole for the Quran we never find ones that say as he claimed? He was supposed to be revealing what these originally said and correcting errors by Jews and Christians. Yet the historical evidence shows time and time again he was very wrong. Until those older versions show up that say as he claimed can't we rightfully say he just made it up?

And yes I am supposing that Muhammad actually existed and wasn't just made up for the sake of the Quran fiction.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not pitch for any country or any regime. I pitch for Islam and Islamic teachings.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18225 Aug 20, 2013
Brown nosing, eh?
If your god was all powerful you wouldn't need to do any of that.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
spider

Cambridge, UK

#18226 Aug 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are you also a catcher for Islam? Now you will answer questions about Islam? That's something new as you usually run and hide from questions. Okay here's one.
Why is it that when we find older and older versions of the bible stories that Muhammad stole for the Quran we never find ones that say as he claimed? He was supposed to be revealing what these originally said and correcting errors by Jews and Christians. Yet the historical evidence shows time and time again he was very wrong. Until those older versions show up that say as he claimed can't we rightfully say he just made it up?
And yes I am supposing that Muhammad actually existed and wasn't just made up for the sake of the Quran fiction.
<quoted text>
If you get a straight and honest answer,,, not only will I eat my hat, I will eat everybody else's as well.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18227 Aug 20, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get a straight and honest answer,,, not only will I eat my hat, I will eat everybody else's as well.
May be that is the reason, most people do not wear hats!!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#18228 Aug 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever pitched a no hitter? How is your knuckleball?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18229 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about miracles and not magic, you dumbwit.
What is a miracle?
How do you define a miracle?
you dumbwit. The Kettle calling the fry-pan. The very best example I've seen in 60 yrs.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18230 Aug 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever pitched a no hitter? How is your knuckleball?
Talking in base ball language to one who is a cricket fan?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18231 Aug 21, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>you dumbwit. The Kettle calling the fry-pan. The very best example I've seen in 60 yrs.
Are you above 70?

Location hidden

#18232 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this.

You're talking about theism to those who are atheists.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18233 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you above 70?
Allah rewards the unbelievers with long life and good fortune. Life's a b*tch aint it :)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18234 Aug 21, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah rewards the unbelievers with long life and good fortune. Life's a b*tch aint it :)
What about those unbelievers who die in their teens and twenties and thirties?

May be they are not the "Complete" unbelievers? Are they?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#18235 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What about those unbelievers who die in their teens and twenties and thirties?
May be they are not the "Complete" unbelievers? Are they?
Are you referring to Allah's exploding people?
they do blow up so fast, don't they?
Thinking

Royston, UK

#18236 Aug 21, 2013
No international cricket is played in Pakistan because of muslim attrocities...

Another set back for your BS crusade.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min replaytime 61,601
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Dogen 2,721
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 15 hr Aura Mytha 28,325
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Mar 24 IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Mar 22 Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web