Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#18181 Aug 16, 2013
He must be desperate as Islam teaches a camel is a divine being! best hope that's not Allah's She Camel! lol!
Thinking wrote:
There was a Cairo camel abuser on UK Channel 4 news just an hour ago running up to the camera repeatedly shouting "I slit your throat!"
<quoted text>
Tanika44

UK

#18182 Aug 16, 2013
&#7457;&#668;&#742 4;&#7451; J&#7452;&#671;&#61 8;&#7431; &#640;&#7431;s&#74 48;&#7439;&#628;&# 7429;&#7431;&#7429; I &#7424;&#7437; s&#7452;&#640;&#74 48;&#640;&#618;s&# 7431;&#7429; &#7451;&#668;&#742 4;&#7451; &#7424; &#7448;&#7431;&#64 0;s&#7439;&#628; &#7428;&#7424;&#62 8; &#7431;&#7424;&#64 0;&#628; $4824 &#618;&#628; &#7424; &#1171;&#7431;&#74 57; &#7457;&#7431;&#74 31;&#7435;s &#7439;&#628; &#7451;&#668;&#743 1; &#618;&#628;&#7451 ;&#7431;&#640;&#62 8;&#7431;&#7451;. &#668;&#7424;&#745 6;&#7431; &#655;&#7439;&#745 2; &#640;&#7431;&#742 4;&#7429; &#7451;&#668;&#618 ;s &#7457;&#7431;&#66 5;s&#618;&#7451;&# 7431;...>>> http://buzz360.biz/...
Tanika44

UK

#18183 Aug 16, 2013
what Julie responded I am surprised that a person can earn $4824 in a few weeks on the internet. have you read this website...>>> http://buzz360.biz/...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18184 Aug 17, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore none of the religions are true. Obviously.
Example, Muhammed's night flight on a winged horse carrying him to heaven. To those outside of the Muslim bubble it is obvious that this is unscientific nonsense.
Science works on the basis of tests and observations, things like our prophet's ascension to heavens are beyond the provisions of "normal science".

These are special acts of God and our science has not reached to that level yet.

What we need is authentic reports that such and such things happened.

Science is just starting to crawl and trying to stand on its wee legs, it need many centuries before it can reach to the level of analyzing acts of God.

Science still has to get its milking teeth removed!!

Do not try to overgrow your shoes.
Thinking

UK

#18185 Aug 17, 2013
Funny how none of your miracles happens these days.
Too many cameras?
Schrodinger's ascension?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Science works on the basis of tests and observations, things like our prophet's ascension to heavens are beyond the provisions of "normal science".
These are special acts of God and our science has not reached to that level yet.
Science is just starting to crawl and trying to stand on its wee legs, it need many centuries before it can reach to the level of analyzing acts of God.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18186 Aug 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Science was venomously prevented from even getting near the truth for 000's of years because leaders of the church (then) saw their cushy numbers were in enormous danger of being exposed as scams. Knowing absolutely nothing else from birth, they resorted to murder, with the unshakable belief that "Thou shalt not kill" didn't apply to the church. Hence, MUG, science is 000's of years behind the stage where it WOULD have been, omitting the interference of shit-scared power-mad men.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#18188 Aug 17, 2013
Science is light years away from you hypocrite barbarians who force morality by violence and then go visit a harem that is blessed by Allah. Go pray to your camel.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18189 Aug 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Funny how none of your miracles happens these days.
Too many cameras?
Schrodinger's ascension?
<quoted text>
Who says Miracles do not happen these days?

Every shoot coming out of earth is a miracle of God.

Every new born baby is a miracle of God.

Any things which is beyond human powers is a miracle of God.

Only fools and blinds (of spiritual matters) do not see miracles of God.

Those with open eyes, see countless miracles right in front of them, they are simply bewildered.

As one Urdu language poet wrote in his vernacular:

"HAR SOO TERI QUDRAT KE HAIN LAKHON JALWE
HAIRAN HOON KI IN DO ANNAKHO SE KYA KYA DEKHOON"

i.e.

"Signs of your glory and spread all around in hundreds of thousands.

I am at a loss to see which one to see and which to ignore with these only Two eyes"!!

You are pessimistic so you do not see any miracles of God, those with positive outlook, see miracles all around them.

The fault my dear brother / sister is with you and not with God or His miracles.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18190 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Those with open eyes, see countless miracles right in front of them, they are simply bewildered.
i.e.
I am at a loss to see which one to see and which to ignore with these only Two eyes"!!
You are pessimistic so you do not see any miracles of God, those with positive outlook, see miracles all around them.
The fault my dear brother / sister is with you and not with God or His miracles.
Lying about god being real is neither smart nor clever.
Thinking

UK

#18192 Aug 18, 2013
Unweaving the rainbow doesn't make the world less beautiful.

Stupid beards and burkas do though.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
i.e.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#18193 Aug 18, 2013
Look at these "low level responses" to my civil and peaceful post.

This has become the "norm" for these High IQ people on this thread.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#18194 Aug 18, 2013
jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>Science was venomously prevented from even getting near the truth for 000's of years because leaders of the church (then) saw their cushy numbers were in enormous danger of being exposed as scams. Knowing absolutely nothing else from birth, they resorted to murder, with the unshakable belief that "Thou shalt not kill" didn't apply to the church. Hence, MUG, science is 000's of years behind the stage where it WOULD have been, omitting the interference of shit-scared power-mad men.
You are right, it was CHURCH , not the religion which was holding progress of science and knowledge for many centuries.

We cannot blame religion in general for these short sighted actions of Church.

In Islamic nations there was never any restriction on learning science and knowledge. There was no fight between science and religion during Islamic times.

And the teachings of Church were not those of their prophets, they were only formulated by those popes and priests.

Location hidden

#18195 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Theist liars love to play victim when you get the chance.

You conveniently forget that your faith requires us all dead. That's what a shameless lying turd bucket you really are.

Location hidden

#18196 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, it was CHURCH , not the religion which was holding progress of science and knowledge for many centuries.
In Islamic nations there was never any restriction on learning science and knowledge. There was no fight between science and religion during Islamic times.
And the teachings of Church were not those of their prophets, they were only formulated by those popes and priests.
You're too scared to even address me directly. No wonder you're so scared of realizing that god isn't real.

Location hidden

#18197 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
more religious lies, your culture rejects the fact of evolution.

You can't even be honest about your own people, what hope is there for you to achieve any higher morals?
Thinking

UK

#18198 Aug 18, 2013
Insulting you doesn't make you any less incorrect.

islam - the religion of the permanently offended.
MUQ wrote:

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18199 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
If religions are a successful business and still hold their ground after thousands of years of competition from all other business going around in the world….then why you should be critical of it?
Try to bring any business that is more successful than religion!!
God does not need any money and no money reaches God. The money collected in charity is spent on poors and needy people.
God is above these wants.
2. One aspect of Hindus that I like is that they do not oppose people worshiping any thing and every thing.
This is their positive quality and also their biggest negative quality.
1. Because everything should be looked at with a critical eye. This is how we work to makes things better.

Religion makes the claim they know the perfection of god. And then gets all upset and stabby when the claims are scrutinized...

1a. Yeah, right. All the money goes to the poor. All those imams on TV I see seem to be well fed. And they'll send just enough of it to the desperate to fight on the front lines for them.

2. Ahh, I see. The Hindus allow you to worship freely. But you don't really want to return the favor as evidenced by the negative aspect you said.

The funny (as in odd or strange) thing is that had you been born in the US, I would hazard a guess you would be a fundamentalist Christian. You use the same arguments to promote your version of god.

Nehwon

#18200 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And science has enabled us in a few hundred years to do a lot of things religion promises but failed to do in thousands of years.

Science has found a way to grow more crops to feed the multitudes, invent machines to weave and clothe the poor, allow communication across the globe and translate languages easily, launch spacecraft to explore the heavens, combat disease, harness the fundamental properties of lightning to light the room and power the computer on which you type, provide warnings of impending natural disasters so you can take appropriate action and, sadly, kill each other on a scale that satan or god of any holy book wish they could.

Meanwhile, religion has given us what?
The proper way to bathe before entering the mosque?
What animals to sacrifice to ward off the plague?
That "heretical" sects of your religion are not an enemy but are a false friend until the enemies of your religion are conquered?
That killing each other in the name of your particular god is a righteous and moral imperative?

Nehwon

#18201 Aug 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
i.e.
So miracles are no longer supernatural events?

Today it rained. a miracle.
I logged onto Topix. a miracle.
Achoo! I sneezed! a miracle.
A plane crashed killing all 200 aboard. a miracle.
the nation of Israel is reborn. a miracle.
Atheists exist. a miracle.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#18202 Aug 18, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
And science has enabled us in a few hundred years to do a lot of things religion promises but failed to do in thousands of years.
Science has found a way to grow more crops to feed the multitudes, invent machines to weave and clothe the poor, allow communication across the globe and translate languages easily, launch spacecraft to explore the heavens, combat disease, harness the fundamental properties of lightning to light the room and power the computer on which you type, provide warnings of impending natural disasters so you can take appropriate action and, sadly, kill each other on a scale that satan or god of any holy book wish they could.
Meanwhile, religion has given us what?
The proper way to bathe before entering the mosque?
What animals to sacrifice to ward off the plague?
That "heretical" sects of your religion are not an enemy but are a false friend until the enemies of your religion are conquered?
That killing each other in the name of your particular god is a righteous and moral imperative?
Nice post and I have to say that I agree with you on most of what you said. Religion has caused a lot of strife and conflict in the world, but there are also other factors at work as well. We must not forget that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min thewordofme 231,728
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 27 min what 761
Siro is writing a new book 31 min Siro 2
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 54 min Friend of all 14,431
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Morse 1,418
10) Experts debate reality of God (May '10) 11 hr Thetruth 8,933
Evidence for God! Wed Morse 181

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE