Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,072

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18139 Aug 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
J. Ninth Quality: Prophets do not Contradict or Reject each other:
All prophets receive information from the same source, i.e. God, so their teachings do not contradict each other.
A True prophet of God would not reject or say bad words about prophets which preceded him, because they form a sort of brotherhood in front of their God.
Even when some parts of code of law of an earlier prophet is abrogated; it is done without any criticism of that prophet. Because both the original code and revised code come from the same God, the earlier law needed to be revised because of changed circumstances; there is no blame on earlier prophet.
J1: Rejection of Any Prophet of God is Serious Crime in the eyes of God:
Prophets are sent by God with express purpose to provide guidance, and they have Approval and Might of God at their back, any one willfully rejecting a True Prophet of God takes a very serious risk.
The risk becomes more serious when the Prophet whose mission is active and in-force is rejected by any one. This is like a direct act of treason in the eyes of God.
Because if some one rejects a Prophet of God, it means that he or she has rejected the One who sent that prophet.
J2: Rejection of One Prophet is as if one has rejected all Prophets:
All Prophets form a common brotherhood; rejection of one is treated as rejection of all.
Those who think that they are being “extra loyal” to their prophet by spending all their efforts and energies in rejecting another Prophet of God, might get a rude shock in the hereafter, when they see both prophets sitting side by side on thrones of honor, and BOTH looking at him with angry faces!!
So beware be these “Die Hard” supporters of their own Prophets; who do not give a damn how insulting and how abusive are they to other True Prophets of God. They are certainly not on the side of their own Prophets!!
J3: Safe course if in doubt about any Prophet of God:
If someone has not researched and satisfied himself or herself that so and so is a True Prophet of God or not, the safest course is to hold their tongue and do not start criticising them and start abusing them or making fun of them.
Their crime would be lessened if they hold their tongue and continue their research. They would indeed be in a very awkward situation, if they became enemies of any True Prophet of God, without completing their research, and die in the stage of enmity.
I don't suppose you ever wondered why that is.

Don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Why sweat and toil and sacrifice yourself when you can get others to do it for you in the name of god?

I suppose there are people in the church hierarchies who do truly believe such stuff, but only because they were told Santa Claus isn't real when they went to divinity school.

Nehwon

#18140 Aug 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean to say that he should be the "Last Pope"? Or do you think Pope has power to do Hara Kiri?
He is only a titular head of a big business organization,a tiger with fangs removed really
Ah, so you are starting on the path to wisdom. You have realized that Catholicism is business.

Do you dare take a jump to the left and wonder if other religions are just business?

And then you might take a step to the right to realize your personally chosen (for you) religion is also business.

And when those businesses of religion try to sell you their wares, you find yourself putting your hands on your hips, bringing your knees in tight and reject their advances with a pelvic thrust.

Then you start to understand Einstein's theory of how Time can Warp.
spider

Ely, UK

#18141 Aug 10, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you are starting on the path to wisdom. You have realized that Catholicism is business.
Do you dare take a jump to the left and wonder if other religions are just business?
And then you might take a step to the right to realize your personally chosen (for you) religion is also business.
And when those businesses of religion try to sell you their wares, you find yourself putting your hands on your hips, bringing your knees in tight and reject their advances with a pelvic thrust.
Not to sure of this pelvic thrusting malarky,, sounds a bit kinky to me ;-)
but then of course as we are disscusing religion, I guess your probably right.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18142 Aug 10, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Janet!

Brad!

Doctor Scott!

Rocky!

...unnhh!

Nehwon

#18143 Aug 11, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to sure of this pelvic thrusting malarky,, sounds a bit kinky to me ;-)
but then of course as we are disscusing religion, I guess your probably right.
Well, the true believers of a particular religion tend to look like this when you question their beliefs:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images...
spider

Ely, UK

#18144 Aug 12, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the true believers of a particular religion tend to look like this when you question their beliefs:
Chuckle,,,,,, strange that,, funny how non believers are just,,, NORMAL.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18145 Aug 12, 2013
The Mullah of Topix has done a bunk. I guess he has joined a jihad somewhere like Syria.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#18146 Aug 12, 2013
I guess you can only run from questions like a coward for so long when you claim to be an expert on Islam here to answer any and all questions.:))
spudgun wrote:
The Mullah of Topix has done a bunk. I guess he has joined a jihad somewhere like Syria.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18147 Aug 12, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they do... nucking futz!

:D
LCNlin

United States

#18148 Aug 12, 2013
Archbishop of Canterbury sends congratulations on royal birth

Lambeth Palace- The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, sent the following message of congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their baby boy at 4:24 p.m. London time on July 22.

“I am delighted to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the arrival of their baby boy. Along with millions here and around the world, I share in their joy at this special time. May God bless this family with love, health and happiness in their shared life ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#18149 Aug 12, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/religious-people-are-le...

Hmmm looks like science isn't silent on atheism after all :)
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#18150 Aug 13, 2013
spider wrote:
MUQ, I understand that you have a strong faith,,, a perhaps on the surface imoveable belief in the way of man, and how you should live, or conduct yourself, according to your faith.
However, haveing swapped a few conversations with you, I know that you are capable of deeper thoughts,,,, questioning thoughts,,, logical thoughts,,, your own personal thoughts,,,, you cannot hide your doubhts.
I would not try to tell you what path to follow,, but you should try to follow your inner most thoughts, not the rantings of a control freak, a lunatic,,,an ordinary man with no proof what so ever of his claims to instruction or guidance from a god,,, for your own sake, set your mind free , think for yourself,,, become,,,, a true human being.
Thanks for your analysis of my apparent and hidden qualities.

We all are blessed with the same amount of thinking and analyzing powers, but we use them in different areas.

Since you started this discussion on qualities of a true prophet of God, I have duty to list them all.

I am actually on vacation in India and shall be back in Saudi Arabia on 17th August Inshallah.

That is why my posts are not regular.

However I put here the next episode of our discussion.

Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

K. Tenth Quality: Prophets Receive Revelation (Guidance) from God:

This is the most important quality of a prophet of God. They get revelation directly from God or thru the medium of Angels of God.

And this is one of the major qualities which separate Prophets from Non Prophets.

Those who are Not Prophets speak from their Acquired Knowledge, Personal Experience, Reasoning and Deductive powers. None of these are fool proof, so they could be right or wrong.

But a Prophet speaks from the Direct Knowledge he gets from God, so he is certain of what he says and he is never doubtful or wavers in his sayings.

Revelation from God is the Surest form of knowledge and far above any Human based Reason or Logic or Theory or Assumptions.

Caution:

Let there be no confusion or misunderstanding on this issue. By “Revelation” here I mean, guidance which is sent as guidance to general public.

There are instances when certain “Non Prophets” have received messages from God, directly or thru angles, but these messages were informations or foretelling some future event, not a guidance for people

K1. Books of God:

Some prophets only teach verbally of the revelation they receive and some write down the message and / or they ask their followers to write it down. Sometimes the followers write down the verbal messages of their prophets after they have gone from the world.

These collections of prophet’s sayings and what they ask to be written down etc are termed as Scriptures and Books of God.

Truly a Book of God should not contain any thing else except what the prophets received thru Revelation, but this is a very strict test and there is hardly any book in the world which can pass this strict test, except Quran the Final revealed book.

So we are lenient in this test, and do not object on other people’s scriptures unless there is direct contradiction between Quran and these religious scriptures.

PS:

I seek pardon from readers for mentioning name of Quran, but I had to provide some example otherwise people might think that no such book exists in the world. If some one takes exception, I can expunge this part from my post -MUQ
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#18151 Aug 13, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Is politics not a business? Is industry not a business? Are Newspapers and TV channels and TV News not business?

Are those TV setcoms, these Mega sporting and Music concerts not business?

Why only religions should be a taboo against business?

Religions are also business, but we buy and sell to God our Creator and to no one else!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18152 Aug 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is politics not a business? Is industry not a business? Are Newspapers and TV channels and TV News not business?
Religions are also business, but we buy and sell to God our Creator and to no one else!!
If religion is a business it is a scam.

Location hidden

#18153 Aug 13, 2013
Religion can be sued for false advertising.

Your product "god" does not exist and cannot be proven to exist in any court of law.

It is the dishonest who thrive under this nonsense you present.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#18154 Aug 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I am actually on vacation in India and shall be back in Saudi Arabia on 17th August Inshallah.
Whilst you are there take a look at Hinduism, which is much older than your religion, in fact the oldest living religion. Notice how the world religions went on an evolution from animism (attribution of a living soul to plants, inanimate objects, and natural phenomena), to polytheism (such as the Greek, Roman, Norse religions; and Hinduism), to monotheism (judasim and its offshoots islam and christianity). Notice the trend! Deduct one more tribal god and you get to ,... Atheism!

Location hidden

#18155 Aug 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Your product "god" does not exist and cannot be proven to exist in any court of law.
Religions are smart, they know not to be businesses. They are also afraid of being taxed and having to contribute to society in real ways.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#18156 Aug 13, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Whilst you are there take a look at Hinduism, which is much older than your religion, in fact the oldest living religion. Notice how the world religions went on an evolution from animism (attribution of a living soul to plants, inanimate objects, and natural phenomena), to polytheism (such as the Greek, Roman, Norse religions; and Hinduism), to monotheism (judasim and its offshoots islam and christianity). Notice the trend! Deduct one more tribal god and you get to ,... Atheism!
Every thing old just by itslef become good. Truth is always truth, it does not change with time.

Hinduism as a religion has many good things, but there was no "purification process" in it, and that is why it became just a behemoth of all sort of ideas, many of them contradictory of each other.

Their priests and sages and teachers allowed people to do whatever they liked and they provided "philosophical cover" for their blatant violation of religious principles.

As an Indian, I am aware of what Hinduism is, and I can say that there are two types of Hinduism, one for the common masses, which is nothing but idol worship and rituals and fun and dances and music and frolics...

And another for their scholars, which is meditation and thinking and leaving the worldly pleasures...

They both run side by side.....no one can say that they are same.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18157 Aug 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Their only "out" here? Would be to claim it's all "for entertainment purposes only".

... but they should be taxed accordingly.

Nehwon

#18158 Aug 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why only religions should be a taboo against business?"

Because religion -is- a business. With the same power or profit motive of any business. And the same marketing strategies.

And today's religions are a result of a survivor bias similar to the mutual fund industry. You don't hear much about the mutual funds that failed (and there were many, many of them). You hear about a few of the failed religions from historical stories.

Apparently God and his followers always need money.

Strange how Satan can deliver wealth upon temptation.

Now who is more powerful again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 37 min love_spell 14,447
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 47 min Morse 231,931
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr tha Professor 1,030
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr Gillette 5,946
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr Pahu 1,422
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism Tue thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Tue Catholic Girl 27

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE