Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17998 Aug 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:
H. Eighth Quality: Prophets were sent to all nations of world:
Since every nation and every people need guidance from God to fulfill their mission of life and True Guidance can only come thru Revelation; that is why God sent Prophets and Messengers to every nation in all parts of world.
These prophets came in all ages and spoke in the languages of their people and delivered the guidance of God and asked their followers to follow them and take them as their role models.
H1. No one except God knows exact number of Prophets:
No one except God knows the exact numbers of Prophets and Messengers. We know the names of only a handful of them, and most of them remain unknown to us.
H2 A Prophet of God is deemed alive as long as his True Teachings remain intact:
In case any one should deduce that Physical Presence of Prophet of God is essential in every age and time; let it suffice that a prophet is deemed alive as long as his teachings and sayings and actions are preserved and reach posterity in reliable form.
This is way of God that He sends another prophet to revive the message of old Prophet, when it has been almost forgotten or so much changed and distorted thru passage of time; or circumstances have changed so much that people might fall into serious error unless it is revised or updated.
Ain't it a damn SHAME that your Moohumud doesn't qualify?

Yes... yes it is...

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17999 Aug 2, 2013
Muhammad was totally disqualified when he said they didn't seek out material or wealth or anything for personal gain. Muhammad certainly fought for all of these things in the Quran and Muq knows it.

That is why he cowers from our comments man.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't it a damn SHAME that your Moohumud doesn't qualify?

Yes... yes it is...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18000 Aug 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No human child will "believe" he created himslef and this Universe came by itslef.
He has to try very hard to believe in these most unreasonable ideas, and it is only by denying very hard that this will become his or her "natural thoughts".
There have been very less "atheists societies" in whole human history.
My Dear, NO ONE is Born Atheist!!
The word atheist means not theist. No one is born a theist, everyone is born atheist.

And those of us, who are awake, know that a sex act between our parents created us, as it was a sex act between thier parents that created them, and so on, and so on.

Luckily for us, there are no god's mistakes which we are driven to correct, our children get to grow old with the parts they were born with intact, and the most important of all is thier minds not ever be warped either.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18001 Aug 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. We might disagree , but we should exchange our views is civil way. That is the proper approach.
02. There are indeed good things in old scriptures, but every scriptures speaks about the Last prophet and if any one carefully follows his scripture, he or she should not reject the last and final prophet.
03. It is not in my power to sway any one in one direction or another. I just point out Islamic position and leave them to choose or reject.
04. Satan is also a creature of God and has no Power to defeat or lower the dignity or honor of God. This earth is nothing compared with the whole Universe.
God has given Satan power to whisper false ideas into minds of people….that is part of test which humans are undergoing in this world.
Satan has no power to force any one, he just whispers falsehood to humans….it is humans who choose what to follow…teachings of God or whisperings of Satan.
Allah Knows Best.
"it is humans who choose what to follow…teachings of God or whisperings of Satan."

You raise an interesting question here: Are prophets teachers of an extraordinary kind?

The reason I ask is because an awesome teacher not only is well versed in their subject matter and adjust their teaching style to their students but one who also learns from the their students questions.

It seems to me that the Godly prophets weren't very good teachers.

But I guess you'll fall back on the "you just don't understand" excuse to put the blame anywhere else other than your "prophet."

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#18002 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
All the while the Saudi royal family does lines of cocaine off a blonde from NYC's implanted boobs.
But they are supposedly the family of Muhammad so they get a pass and blessed by Muslims. Hypocrites.
<quoted text>
That's all good and Godly.

As long as you are rich enough, you can go to an Islamic sanctified resort where you can temporarily marry a hooker. err chaste Islamic woman (well, that's what she says), for three days.

No Godly harm, no Godly foul.

But you got to have money to enjoy such Godly privilege blessed upon you.

But I guess for the true (poor) believers, that is heresy.

One of these days, the true believers will put their King on trial.

And throw off not only the shackles of their King but the idea
that Kings are granted Divine Right to Rule.

Earth,TX

#18003 Aug 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe one day the penny will drop and he will realise that he is atheist with respect to all religions, except for the one he was born into.
We can but hope

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#18004 Aug 3, 2013
I expect christians to be highly persecuted in the not too distant future.

Henderson, KY

#18005 Aug 3, 2013
The sheer level of hypocrisy is astounding and one hopes that they will prevail over their oppression.
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>That's all good and Godly.

As long as you are rich enough, you can go to an Islamic sanctified resort where you can temporarily marry a hooker. err chaste Islamic woman (well, that's what she says), for three days.

No Godly harm, no Godly foul.

But you got to have money to enjoy such Godly privilege blessed upon you.

But I guess for the true (poor) believers, that is heresy.

One of these days, the true believers will put their King on trial.

And throw off not only the shackles of their King but the idea
that Kings are granted Divine Right to Rule.
LCN Llin

United States

#18006 Aug 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The sheer level of hypocrisy is astounding and one hopes that they will prevail over their oppression.
<quoted text>
"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." -

Henderson, KY

#18007 Aug 3, 2013
They are dwindling so fast there won't be very many to persecute!:))
cellardweller19 wrote:

Location hidden

#18008 Aug 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
They are dwindling so fast there won't be very many to persecute!:))
<quoted text>
Who do you wan't to take their place satanists?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#18009 Aug 3, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you have no links or examples to offer then be a good consumer and go watch TV, airhead." -
Creationists are idiots with no proof for their ignorant beliefs

Location hidden

#18010 Aug 3, 2013
skeptic "the troll eater" = troll. eat yourself.

Henderson, KY

#18011 Aug 3, 2013
People of reason is who will take their place, thanks.
cellardweller19 wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you wan't to take their place satanists?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18012 Aug 3, 2013
cellardweller19 wrote:
You also likely think the Republicans give a ratshit about...

.... you.

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18013 Aug 3, 2013
cellardweller19 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you **want** there to be someone who is persecuted?

.. hmmmm...?

You appear to be quite ill.
LCN Llin

United States

#18014 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You also likely think the Republicans give a ratshit about...
.... you.
LOL!
Tulsa OK, tough place to be a Democrat!

Republicans hate the American people and cut voting time to keep them from voting.
----------
"What are the "birther" and Teabaggers gonna do when their darling new mouth piece, Ted Cruz, decides to run for president?

After all, he was born in Canada. Last time I checked Canada was still part of the Commonwealth and not the 51st State.

He was just in Iowa testing the waters.
can't wait to see what justification for his being eligible they come up?"

Henderson, KY

#18015 Aug 3, 2013
It's the Christian way.
<quoted text>Why do you **want** there to be someone who is persecuted?

.. hmmmm...?

You appear to be quite ill.

Earth,TX

#18016 Aug 3, 2013
cellardweller19 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same thing.

Duh, who would we want to replace the theist? More theist?

IDIOT!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18017 Aug 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It's the Christian way.
<quoted text>
Sadly, you are correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min was auch immer 87,606
Why does Congress have a Chaplain ? 4 hr Wilmington 1
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 4 hr blacklagoon 3 258
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 8 hr Wisdom of Ages 5,843
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 21 ChristineM 4,035
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
More from around the web