Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24070 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17977 Aug 2, 2013
Tell that to the stacks for foreclosed church deeds and religious leaders calling the nonbeliever movement devastating. The Christians are trembling over atheists as proven by all of the effort you spend on us. Simply put so many Christians wouldn't be wasting the tremendous time, effort and money on nonbelievers if we were such a small insignificant number and not progressing. It would be a fruitless endeavor yes?
TamiI Kovil wrote:
<quoted text>We all know that newer generations will be better informed about religion ie. science over God.

However, the rise in radical Islam will result in more [usually non religious] people in the West to claim Christianity as their primary faith, even if they haven't been to church in the last 5 years and wouldn't normally refer to themselves as such.

As the anti-Muslim brigade get ever louder, so too will more moderate Muslims who see their whole faith coming under attack.

This will again result in Pro-christian movements becoming ever more vociferous in condemning Islam.

The result will be an even more religious society in 30 years.

All that good work undone by religious fanatics

Henderson, KY

#17978 Aug 2, 2013
The overwhelming majority of Islamic growth is from them having excessive amounts of children.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I think any rise in islam will just result in more people telling muslims to f**k off. I don't think christianity will get a bounce from it.
LCN Llin

United States

#17979 Aug 2, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism - 70
Religion - 0 as they hasn't found the stadium yet
first minute of the first quarter
Thanks!
No chance of "a Hail Mary Pass" :-)
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17980 Aug 2, 2013
Family sizes come down when women are empowered.
islam's not known for that...
Givemeliberty wrote:
The overwhelming majority of Islamic growth is from them having excessive amounts of children.
<quoted text>

Henderson, KY

#17981 Aug 2, 2013
Well they are bought and sold like baseball cards in Islam. Once women start getting a proper education in Islam it will crumble faster.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Family sizes come down when women are empowered.
LCN Llin

United States

#17982 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Family sizes come down when women are empowered.
<quoted text>
Condom use of gay sex both work
LCN Llin

United States

#17983 Aug 2, 2013
Condom use *or* gay sex both work
LCN Llin

United States

#17984 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well they are bought and sold like baseball cards in Islam. Once women start getting a proper education in Islam it will crumble faster.
<quoted text>
Muslim women flee to the UK & US to escape their lot at home.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17985 Aug 2, 2013
Good for you, I don't need either.
LCN Llin wrote:
Condom use *or* gay sex both work

Henderson, KY

#17986 Aug 2, 2013
Remember what I said about atrocious English with that one? That's why he tends to steal from others in his off topic spam posts.

I offered to help him find some ESL classes. I wish he would take some so he could make sense when he posts for his preacher on here.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you, I don't need either.
LCN Llin

United States

#17987 Aug 2, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Good for you, I don't need either.
<quoted text>
Sheldon?
LCN Llin

United States

#17988 Aug 2, 2013
Move along folks,
move along,
nothing to see
just a troll posting as gml
rather than sk*ptic ... et al.
LOL
Givemeliberty wrote:
Remember what I said about atrocious English with that one? That's why he tends to steal from others in his off topic spam posts.
I offered to help him find some ESL classes. I wish he would take some so he could make sense when he posts for his preacher on here.
<quoted text>
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17989 Aug 2, 2013
That was kind of you, he needs help.
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>

Henderson, KY

#17990 Aug 2, 2013
Look at his posts... You can obviously see English is not his first language. I pity him actually because I am sure he humiliates himself on here for his church.

Brownie points for Jesus I guess.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>That was kind of you, he needs help.
LCN Llin

United States

#17991 Aug 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Look at his posts... You can obviously see English is not his first language. I pity him actually because I am sure he humiliates himself on here for his church.
Brownie points for Jesus I guess.
<quoted text>
as usual,.... you guess wrong!
Enjoy your post as sk*ptic
LOL

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17993 Aug 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No, it means without theism. If you were born theist, no parents would be teaching any sort of indoctrition. You and every human alive was born atheist.

There is no rejecting anything to be an atheist. Atheist is not theist.
Do all the religions that you reject make you an atheist?
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17994 Aug 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe one day the penny will drop and he will realise that he is atheist with respect to all religions, except for the one he was born into.
Doubtful-- he'd have to THINK, first...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17995 Aug 2, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism will defeat religion where there is free access of information and education, because the arguments are stronger. Religion is only growing in those parts of the world where there is a large proportion of uneducated and illiterate children.
Correct: the lower the average level of intelligence? The **higher** the overall level of **religion**.

Religion **requires** ignorance to exist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17996 Aug 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No human child will "believe" he created himslef and this Universe came by itslef.
Correct: he believes his mother created him, with his dad's help.

Children are quite literal like that.

But no child is born who already **believes** in gods... they have to be FORCED to do so with much abuse and repetition of lies.
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#17997 Aug 2, 2013
Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

H. Eighth Quality: Prophets were sent to all nations of world:

Since every nation and every people need guidance from God to fulfill their mission of life and True Guidance can only come thru Revelation; that is why God sent Prophets and Messengers to every nation in all parts of world.

These prophets came in all ages and spoke in the languages of their people and delivered the guidance of God and asked their followers to follow them and take them as their role models.

H1. No one except God knows exact number of Prophets:

No one except God knows the exact numbers of Prophets and Messengers. We know the names of only a handful of them, and most of them remain unknown to us.

H2 A Prophet of God is deemed alive as long as his True Teachings remain intact:

In case any one should deduce that Physical Presence of Prophet of God is essential in every age and time; let it suffice that a prophet is deemed alive as long as his teachings and sayings and actions are preserved and reach posterity in reliable form.

This is way of God that He sends another prophet to revive the message of old Prophet, when it has been almost forgotten or so much changed and distorted thru passage of time; or circumstances have changed so much that people might fall into serious error unless it is revised or updated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Joncy David 40,415
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min NightSerf 15,927
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 6 min Eagle 12 4,653
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Eagle 12 255,949
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr NightSerf 204
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr Thinking 51
News Why I quit atheism 3 hr thetruth 389
More from around the web