Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24181 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17894 Jul 30, 2013
Believes avoid discussing these countries for a reason lol!
spudgun wrote:
Point of interest. The countries top of the world's happiness index (Source: The Earth Institute, Columbia University) are
1. Denmark
2. Finland
3. Switzerland
4. Norway
5. Sweden

Which are amongst the most atheistic countries in the world. A coincidence?
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17895 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember I was asking again and again for so called Atheists to give me a definition of Atheism "IS" and what I always got was a Negative Definition that what it is NOT.
Obviously it is bunch of "loose guys" gathering together and each having his or her own mind, like a fish market.
I do not know what type of civilization these people can create.
The discussion on quality of True prophet of God was started by Mr. Spider....who seem to have become very busy at late.
Even if you are an atheist, there will be harm if you get "some message of truth from time to time".
Take a pinch of salt and simply ignore my posts, if you do not like it.
No one forces you to read every thing that is posted on this thread, does it?
Atheism''''''the state of untainted mind that exist's prior to the indoctrination of control freaks.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#17896 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember I was asking again and again for so called Atheists to give me a definition of Atheism "IS" and what I always got was a Negative Definition that what it is NOT.
Obviously it is bunch of "loose guys" gathering together and each having his or her own mind, like a fish market.
I do not know what type of civilization these people can create.
The discussion on quality of True prophet of God was started by Mr. Spider....who seem to have become very busy at late.
Even if you are an atheist, there will be harm if you get "some message of truth from time to time".
Take a pinch of salt and simply ignore my posts, if you do not like it.
No one forces you to read every thing that is posted on this thread, does it?
I am very busy in deed, in fact to busy to waste time with evasive individuals. You have nothing to offer,,, I gave you the oppourtunity to explain what you percieve to be the qualities of a true prophet, YOU chose to play games,,,if I ask a question,,,you acusse me of diversion, straying from the subject matter,,,I do not expect an honest reply to this post,,,YOU sir are a fraud, something of which you are well aware,,,,I know you doubht your faith, it is all to obvious.
I offer you a challenge,,,,ask me any question,,, anything at all, I will not avoid or dodge the issue.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17897 Jul 30, 2013
spudgun wrote:
Point of interest. The countries top of the world's happiness index (Source: The Earth Institute, Columbia University) are
1. Denmark
2. Finland
3. Switzerland
4. Norway
5. Sweden
Which are amongst the most atheistic countries in the world. A coincidence?
Most also have universal heath care, a pretty high employment rate, higher than average annual salaries, and lower crime rates too.

***Especially** as compared to the USA...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17898 Jul 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism''''''the state of untainted mind that exist's prior to the indoctrination of control freaks.
Yep.

Atheism also re-enables your basic curiosity.

For with atheism, you realize that some of the Real Big Questions haven't really been answered yet-- so you have to go looking for answers.

After all-- once you eliminate "goddiit" you must look for more rational explanations for things.
LCN Llin

United States

#17899 Jul 30, 2013
Notable atheist intellectual Richard Dawkins recently retweeted a post for his 756,000+ followers featuring a recently released anti-evolution film.

Last week, Dawkins retweeted a post that included a video by Ray Comfort titled "Richard Dawkins' Dirty Little Secret" and a link to a Facebook group for the film "Evolution vs. God."

"'Dawkins will have a cow.' http://bit.ly/12CSGb4 Fascinated to know what that means. Has the Banana Man finally over-reached himself?" tweeted Dawkins after posting the link.

The pejorative name Dawkins gave Comfort derives from a video Comfort made years ago wherein he claimed that by their design bananas are the "atheists' worst nightmare."

It is not the first time Comfort and Dawkins have been at odds with each other. In the past, Comfort has challenged Dawkins to a debate, with Dawkins agreeing under the condition that Comfort donate money to the skeptic's foundation.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/richard-daw...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17900 Jul 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very busy in deed, in fact to busy to waste time with evasive individuals. You have nothing to offer,,, I gave you the oppourtunity to explain what you percieve to be the qualities of a true prophet, YOU chose to play games,,,if I ask a question,,,you acusse me of diversion, straying from the subject matter,,,I do not expect an honest reply to this post,,,YOU sir are a fraud, something of which you are well aware,,,,I know you doubht your faith, it is all to obvious.
I offer you a challenge,,,,ask me any question,,, anything at all, I will not avoid or dodge the issue.
Your comments should be on the post that I posted. Raising issues that have no link with the subject, would be like a free for all discussion.

We should finish this subject first and can move on to next one, there is no problem with that.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17901 Jul 30, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
Is THAT a definition of Atheism!! No doubt no one is able to understand it!!

That is why I said Atheists are the most unreasonable people on this planet!!

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17902 Jul 30, 2013
As has been explained to you dozens of times atheism is simply not believing in any god.

One would think by now even you could comprehend that.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Is THAT a definition of Atheism!! No doubt no one is able to understand it!!

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#17903 Jul 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Most also have universal heath care, a pretty high employment rate, higher than average annual salaries, and lower crime rates too.
***Especially** as compared to the USA...
And our conservatives insist that if we adopt the said policies, that we would be doing worse.
I swear that half this country is dumb.
spider

Ely, UK

#17904 Jul 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You, were at one time an atheist,,,think about it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17905 Jul 31, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
Notable atheist intellectual Richard Dawkins recently retweeted a post for his 756,000+ followers featuring a recently released anti-evolution film.
Last week, Dawkins retweeted a post that included a video by Ray Comfort titled "Richard Dawkins' Dirty Little Secret" and a link to a Facebook group for the film "Evolution vs. God."
"'Dawkins will have a cow.' http://bit.ly/12CSGb4 Fascinated to know what that means. Has the Banana Man finally over-reached himself?" tweeted Dawkins after posting the link.
The pejorative name Dawkins gave Comfort derives from a video Comfort made years ago wherein he claimed that by their design bananas are the "atheists' worst nightmare."
It is not the first time Comfort and Dawkins have been at odds with each other. In the past, Comfort has challenged Dawkins to a debate, with Dawkins agreeing under the condition that Comfort donate money to the skeptic's foundation.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/richard-daw...
Foolish bitter creationist troll Lincoln trying to smear Dawkins because he knows he cannot attack atheism itself.

Location hidden

#17906 Jul 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments should be on the post that I posted. Raising issues that have no link with the subject, would be like a free for all discussion.
We should finish this subject first and can move on to next one, there is no problem with that.
When you're brave enough to prove your god your opinions will matter more.

Your cult is too cowardly and dishonest to be taken seriously.

Location hidden

#17907 Jul 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a disbelief in god and you know. Pretending not to know is not smart and does not make your cult look clever.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17908 Jul 31, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
You, were at one time an atheist,,,think about it.
I would say agnostic, having no knowledge of God or gods. I think Atheism requires an active process of not believing. Just my view.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17909 Jul 31, 2013
Pentecostal churches thriving in London as traditional denominations decline

News article
http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/07/pen...

Immigration causing a rise in pentecostal (and catholic) church attendance. Church attendance of nonimmigrant domestic population in free fall.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17910 Jul 31, 2013
Artifical human ear grown in lab
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23508688

"technique may one day be used to help people with missing or deformed outer ears,"

Amazing what they can do these days.
LCN Llin

United States

#17911 Jul 31, 2013
Jane Austen to Replace Darwin on the Ten-Pound Note UPDATE
July 25, 2013 By Thomas L. McDonald 20 Comments

My late, beloved cousin, friend, and mentor J. David Grey (Austen expert and co-founder of the Jane Austen Society) is doing a victory lap in heaven.

I’m so pleased I’m not even going to take a poke at Richard Dawkins, except to say the world needs more Jane Austens than Charles Darwins.

UPDATE: One of my cousins suggested America should do the same.

I’d nominate Washington Irving (America’s first truly great man of letters, and a fine and entertaining writer) to replace borderline psychopath Andrew Jackson on the $20.

Irving wasn’t crazy (coughPoecough) or drunk (I’m looking at you, every great writer of the 20th century). The only other possibilities I can think of are Hawthorne, Melville, or Louisa May Alcott.

Who’s with me? We have nothing to lose except … actually, we will completely and inevitably lose, but maybe someone will read the Sketch-Book, and that’s a good thing.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17912 Jul 31, 2013
Pardon?
spudgun wrote:
Artifical human ear grown in lab
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23508688
"technique may one day be used to help people with missing or deformed outer ears,"
Amazing what they can do these days.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#17913 Jul 31, 2013
Your fear of Evolution has numbed your mind.

Jane Austen is being added as a result of a campaign to have more women on UK banknotes.

I'd have preferred a female scientist because education is important to me.
LCN Llin wrote:
Jane Austen to Replace Darwin on the Ten-Pound Note UPDATE
July 25, 2013 By Thomas L. McDonald 20 Comments
My late, beloved cousin, friend, and mentor J. David Grey (Austen expert and co-founder of the Jane Austen Society) is doing a victory lap in heaven.
I’m so pleased I’m not even going to take a poke at Richard Dawkins, except to say the world needs more Jane Austens than Charles Darwins.
UPDATE: One of my cousins suggested America should do the same.
I’d nominate Washington Irving (America’s first truly great man of letters, and a fine and entertaining writer) to replace borderline psychopath Andrew Jackson on the $20.
Irving wasn’t crazy (coughPoecough) or drunk (I’m looking at you, every great writer of the 20th century). The only other possibilities I can think of are Hawthorne, Melville, or Louisa May Alcott.
Who’s with me? We have nothing to lose except … actually, we will completely and inevitably lose, but maybe someone will read the Sketch-Book, and that’s a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 15 min yehoshooah adam 3,516
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 67,030
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr Dogen 28,569
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 12 hr superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 12 hr superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web