Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24178 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17871 Jul 28, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't changed the topic,,,, you have been posting what you believe to be the qualities of a true prophet,,,the idea was that I would comment, offer my opinion, ask a question here and there, this is precisely what I am doing. Strange that you were more than happy to answer my question regarding your occupation,,,you didn't complain then did you.
You should ask the questions about the post and not change subject and move in total different direction.

I am posting one quality at a time, your questions should be to that quality.

That is how a proper discussion can be held, not the way you are commenting.

How come you seem to lost all interest in this important topic?

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#17873 Jul 28, 2013
The coward who runs away from any and all questions and I taught him about the she camel of Allah wants to lecture others on proper conversation?

Lol!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>You should ask the questions about the post and not change subject and move in total different direction.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#17874 Jul 29, 2013

Qualities of a True Prophet of God:

F. Sixth Quality: Prophets are Specifically Protected by God from having Moral Defects in their personality:

(It is known as ‘ASMAT in Arabic and only Prophets have this Quality in full and No One Else but prophets are endowed with it. Non Prophets are not protected from it fully)

Since Prophets are specifically chosen by God from the time of their births, and designated to be Role Models for their people, they are free from any moral defects in their personality. God protects them from falling into these things.

By Moral defects I mean traits like theft, cheating, lying, take innocent lives, rape, kidnapping, sexual immorality, breaking trusts and covenants, and all such acts and traits that are looked down in any civilized society.

These are traits which disqualify any one from holding any public office; no human knowing these defects in any person would elect them for any important post.

How could God choose such a person to be His handpicked choice for being a Role Model? It is very illogical

F1. Can Prophets make Mistakes, fall into error?

Prophets are humans after all; they are not free from making mistakes or doing any thing wrong. They can forget, can make error of judgment, or choose a lesser option where many are available.

Making mistakes or falling into error due to these is totally different from doing acts that show moral defects in their personality.

These mistakes or errors do not lower their status in the eyes of God or have any affect on their prophet hood.

F2: Do Mistakes / Errors of Prophet go unnoticed by God?

Prophets are the Ultimate Role Models for their followers, and even their slightest mistakes could set a bad precedent for their followers, so God immediately corrects their mistakes and orders them to repent and rectify their mistakes / judgment of errors.

This is how prophets of God meet dual roles of being humans as well as being Role Model for their followers.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17875 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should ask the questions about the post and not change subject and move in total different direction.
You should prove your god instead of lying to people.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17876 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Prophets are the Ultimate Role Models for their followers, and even their slightest mistakes could set a bad precedent for their followers, so God immediately corrects their mistakes and orders them to repent and rectify their mistakes / judgment of errors.
This is how prophets of God meet dual roles of being humans as well as being Role Model for their followers.
I dont think you can call your "prophets" role models. Madmen maybe, but role models, no way.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17877 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ, I think you misunderstand the purpose of debate on the Atheism forum. It is not to quote large sections from your book of Muslim apologetics. People here, generally, do not follow religion, superstition or other delusions. You could instead explain why you believe what you believe, and provide evidence to support the existence of God and the supernatural. Without any good evidence, we look at Islam no differ to astrology, ufology, or any of the false new age and old age religions.
henry

Flöha, Germany

#17879 Jul 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Thank goodness civilized society has moved past such barbaric subhuman practices. Give Saudi Arabia another 1000 years they may catch up.
<quoted text>
I daubt Saudi Arabia will run out of oil. Then this Country will have to get into modern times.
henry

Flöha, Germany

#17880 Jul 29, 2013
Scandinavian wrote:
<quoted text>
Coulndt said it better, and 150% agree
In the nuclear Age guess how much time will this Saudi have to get to cover up with reality?
henry

Flöha, Germany

#17881 Jul 29, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. But there seems to be no easy solutions to the world's energy problems. Some people say renewable energy is driving up all our fuel bills.
It is foolish to believe atomic gaus are not coming in times. More foolish to believe this will not happen in a very short time. But short sighted is the capitalist era. We will pay the bill with the Extermination of mankind.
henry

Flöha, Germany

#17883 Jul 29, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. But there seems to be no easy solutions to the world's energy problems. Some people say renewable energy is driving up all our fuel bills.
All we Need is a different Society and we will not get it because People are not ripe it. So what we will get is the nuclear end.
spider

Chatteris, UK

#17884 Jul 29, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
All we Need is a different Society and we will not get it because People are not ripe it. So what we will get is the nuclear end.
The end of the world is unlikely'''''mankind desires all'''''All is here and now''''''' please explain.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#17885 Jul 29, 2013
The British are stupid....
http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2013/0... |newe|7-29-2013|6254894|393929 70|UK
....But in the eyes of the secular authorities, it is only the civil marriage that counts.

Might it not be a good idea if the British state also went down that route? It would spare judges from having to turn themselves into theologians; it would protect the integrity of religious beliefs about the nature of marriage; and it would create a level playing-field for all manner of pairs of people who want to spend their lives together.
Unquote.
Well, der!

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#17886 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prophethood is a gift from God, not an Earned thing.
The age of prophethood was over 1400 years ago, when the Last and Final prophet came till the end of the world.
This discussion is about qualities to distinguish a True Prophet of God from false ones.
You should see earlier set of qualities and not jump in between.
Well, that's pretty depressing.

What you are saying is that God has forsaken us and that we must always live in the past.

It's interesting that we humans have developed the technology to destroy the world for us humans without God. That technology is not detailed in the holy books but by discovering things via science.

So what will the next prophet say at the end of the world?

I'd bet it goes something like "You stupid, idiotic, greedy, sons of bitches! You were supposed to be the caretakers of God's creation! And here you are like a spoiled child, you burned the house down!"

Nehwon

#17887 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
A. Re: Bible
My advice to you is to look towards Quran and it will set you free from looking any other book for guidance.
You will not face the "same problem" in Quran as you face in Bible.
B. Christianity on Atheism Thread:
There should be no taboo on atheism thread to discuss any thing.
I think it is mainly Christians who are getting "bitten" by this Atheism virus.
They need Islamic Anti Virus to cure of their disease!!
C. GITMO and US fascists:
It seems that these Fascists have taken control of both major political parties.
It is they who are calling the shots and majority of US population is moot spectators.
They are "happy" that they have freedom of thoughts and freedom to make fun of any religion and any religious personality and freedom to engage in any and every immoral activity.
This is new definition of American Dream!!
"look towards Quran and it will set you free"

Yeah. And the Christians say the same thing about the Bible and Jesus.

You are just repeating the same advertising claims with a different name.

Put simply - if the Quran is as clear cut as you say, then why do the Hadiths from differing sects exist at all?

Nehwon

#17888 Jul 29, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is this "different Society"?

I've asked you before about this but I must have missed your reply.

Put forth your idea. If it's a good one, it will be worthy of discussion.

Otherwise, you are just a whiner and only complain about how the world sucks.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17889 Jul 30, 2013
spudgun wrote:
MUQ, I think you misunderstand the purpose of debate on the Atheism forum. It is not to quote large sections from your book of Muslim apologetics. People here, generally, do not follow religion, superstition or other delusions. You could instead explain why you believe what you believe, and provide evidence to support the existence of God and the supernatural. Without any good evidence, we look at Islam no differ to astrology, ufology, or any of the false new age and old age religions.
I am not quoting from any Muslim Apologitic. I am listing the qualities of Prophets of God.

If the forum is athiests, it has made a claim about abolishing religion, so how come you say people are not interested in religion.

My reading is that Atheism itself will vanish as ,many isms before it vanished.

Religions have stayed in the world and they would continue to stay.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17890 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ: "I am not quoting from any Muslim Apologitic."

It reads like Muslim apologetics. Like maybe you are trying to evangelise us.

"I am listing the qualities of Prophets of God."

To be a prophet would require detailed future predictions. Until such evidence is presented I prefer to put "prophet" in quotations.

"If the forum is athiests, it has made a claim about abolishing religion,"

This is a misconception. >Some< atheists may want to abolish religion. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God or gods. You yourself have a lack of belief in 000s of gods.

"how come you say people are not interested in religion."

I am interested in religion, but now only from an Atheist perspective. I personally do not have much interest in the rights or wrongs of the Bible or the Quran. I prefer debate over philosophical concepts, science, history and psychology.

"My reading is that Atheism itself will vanish as ,many isms before it vanished."

Its more likely the opposite. Theism is in sharp decline in the West.

"Religions have stayed in the world and they would continue to stay."

I agree on that. It is more natural for (most) humans to believe in things without evidence than to be skeptical.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#17891 Jul 30, 2013
spudgun wrote:
MUQ: "I am not quoting from any Muslim Apologitic."
It reads like Muslim apologetics. Like maybe you are trying to evangelise us.
"I am listing the qualities of Prophets of God."
To be a prophet would require detailed future predictions. Until such evidence is presented I prefer to put "prophet" in quotations.
"If the forum is athiests, it has made a claim about abolishing religion,"
This is a misconception. >Some< atheists may want to abolish religion. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in God or gods. You yourself have a lack of belief in 000s of gods.
"how come you say people are not interested in religion."
I am interested in religion, but now only from an Atheist perspective. I personally do not have much interest in the rights or wrongs of the Bible or the Quran. I prefer debate over philosophical concepts, science, history and psychology.
"My reading is that Atheism itself will vanish as ,many isms before it vanished."
Its more likely the opposite. Theism is in sharp decline in the West.
"Religions have stayed in the world and they would continue to stay."
I agree on that. It is more natural for (most) humans to believe in things without evidence than to be skeptical.
You remember I was asking again and again for so called Atheists to give me a definition of Atheism "IS" and what I always got was a Negative Definition that what it is NOT.

Obviously it is bunch of "loose guys" gathering together and each having his or her own mind, like a fish market.

I do not know what type of civilization these people can create.

The discussion on quality of True prophet of God was started by Mr. Spider....who seem to have become very busy at late.

Even if you are an atheist, there will be harm if you get "some message of truth from time to time".

Take a pinch of salt and simply ignore my posts, if you do not like it.

No one forces you to read every thing that is posted on this thread, does it?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17892 Jul 30, 2013
Point of interest. The countries top of the world's happiness index (Source: The Earth Institute, Columbia University) are
1. Denmark
2. Finland
3. Switzerland
4. Norway
5. Sweden

Which are amongst the most atheistic countries in the world. A coincidence?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#17893 Jul 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember I was asking again and again for so called Atheists to give me a definition of Atheism "IS" and what I always got was a Negative Definition that what it is NOT.
There is nothing wrong with >not< believing in things. TO have skepticism, to doubt the truth of unprovable or dubious claims, is a sign of a healthy mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 16 min Eagle 12 - 1,368
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min 15th Dalai Lama 78,569
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Science 32,430
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web